Punishing: Gray Raven Discussion, Feats, Lore & Analysis Thread

unknown.png

Punishing: Gray Raven is a 3D online free-to-play action role-playing game for Android and iOS, developed and published by Kuro Game using the Unity Engine. It was first released in China on December 5, 2019, and a year later, on December 4, 2020, in Japan. The global release came out on July 16, 2021.

Punishing: Gray Raven has players control a squad of up to three characters, known as "Constructs", against various enemies. Storytelling is presented in a visual novel format, while combat is a hack and slash action-based, with the player fighting enemies in real-time in multiple stages. Punishing: Gray Raven is similar to Devil May Cry or Bayonetta. Different colored "Pings" can be obtained during combat, which will fire off different skills. Chaining 3 Pings with the same color will execute a powerful version of that skill. Players may also evade enemy attacks, which will trigger a bullet time effect upon successful evasion, allowing the player to land additional hits on the enemy. Evading attacks will consume stamina, which prevents players from freely dodging all the time.

Constructs can be strengthened by levelling up and promoting them, levelling weapons and equipping gears. Players can unlock additional Constructs by advancing the story, and more Constructs can be obtained via a gacha mechanic and in-game events. In-game currencies can be obtained through in-app purchases and by playing the game, which is used to obtain Constructs and equipment through the gacha system. A pity system ensures that the player will receive rare items after a set number of pulls.

The game also features a housing system in the form of Dormitories. Players may decorate and move in Constructs to their dorms to improve their mood. Constructs can also be assigned chores to obtain in-game materials.

The game's story takes place in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by Corrupted cybernetic enemies caused by the Punishing Virus. The Punishing Virus was created during humanity's first zero-point energy nuclear reactor. When it escapes and spreads along the wind currents of Earth's atmosphere following an explosion, the cybernetic pathogen proceeds to kill humans and infect machines, causing them to seek to destroy anything with human consciousness mindlessly. Humanity thus sees no other option but to escape into space, where survivors live aboard the space colony Babylonia. To reclaim their lost planet, humans devise a way to modify their bodies into virus-resistant combat cyborgs: the Reconstructed Soldiers, or in its short form, the Constructs. The player takes on the role as the Commandant of an elite squad of Constructs known as Gray Raven. The player will lead the squad to fight against the Corrupted and other opposing forces to retake the planet.

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I know Rosetta wasn't in top form during the frozen event (granted its been a year since ive played) but Alpha is still using an un- upgraded B-rank frame. So Rosetta would still have the edge spec-wise.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I know Rosetta wasn't in top form during the frozen event (granted its been a year since ive played) but Alpha is still using an un- upgraded B-rank frame. So Rosetta would still have the edge spec-wise.
Rosetta's frame IIRC is also really old since the forest guards were using older gen frames and were never upgraded. Playable!Rosetta basically just got maintenance done during her event

She does have the advantage weapons wise but Alpha's way more skilled.

I think the only ones who can actually fight alpha are Super Mode Gabriel and Roland Before he got Depowered and cut off from the network.

Edit: And Luna prob but that's cheating :skully

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Rosetta's frame IIRC is also really old since the forest guards were using older gen frames and were never upgraded. Playable!Rosetta basically just got maintenance done during her event

She does have the advantage weapons wise but Alpha's way more skilled.

I think the only ones who can actually fight alpha are Super Mode Gabriel and Roland Before he got Depowered and cut off from the network.

Edit: And Luna prob but that's cheating :skully
Oh right the forest guard are fucking ancient :skully

I need to catch up in the story since I havent played in a bit. Last part I left off Kamui had just accepted Camu as part of himself.

Roland's my nigga so I want to see what happened to him too

Arkhangel

small correction , she’s above Gabriel too. She beats the living shit out of him in his powered up mode and he runs away :kobeha
She's called Alpha for a reason :kobeha

The only people who are 100% above Alpha in the current events of the CN Story are Luna, Vonnegut, and Ishmael/The Merciful One.

(Funny that all three are Agents of the Ascnet.) :maybe

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Luna's gravity powers are pretty insane on their own but being connected to the ascendant network took them up a notch if I remember correctly.

Arkhangel

The most important thing to note about Grey Raven's Omega/Specialized Frames is

1. What Asimov means by “another Solaeter”. The 3 members of the Gray Ravens team all have their own specialized frame made based on data collected from the Ascendants. These frame wielding the power close to the Ascendant Netweork are extremely powerful, but as a price, is also fatally dangerous. Lucia “Plume” frames, made from Alpha’s data, essentially deletes Lotus’ memories. Liv “Solaeter” frame, made from Luna’s data, has the abilities to absorb the Punishing virus, but at the same time, floods her M.I.N.D with the virus, exposing her to experience the countless suffering of the people who were caught in the calamity. These frames are absolutely deadly for their users, so they are very cautious of putting it to use. Under the curtains, Murray is also prevening Lee from getting into his frame.

>Omega Frames take combat Data form the Ascendants

So it's justifiable to put Plume Lucia and Solaeter Liv at levels near the Ascendants.

(Also it'll make me laugh if Lee's Omega Frame Data comes from Roland)

Back