Ral Reviews Manga and Manhwas

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
As the thread title states, I will be reviewing manga and the occasional manhwa at least once a week starting tomorrow. The catch is that I will take recommendations, read X number of chapters you believe I should read to make the review fair, and I give my honest review in this thread. I may or may not use threadmarks to keep track of my reviews, or I will simply write a blog entry to make use of that feature some more.

The following rules apply:
1. Manga or manhwa must be translated in English
2. Must provide a valid MAL link so I can read the synopsis first (https://myanimelist.net/manga.php)
3. The manga or manhwa can also be a series you did not like or enjoy reading, but would like to hear my unbiased review nonetheless

My review template will look like this:

Rating System (example):
Storyline - 9
Artwork - 8
Character Development- 8
Enjoyment - 9
Overall Rating - 9

Review Summary: Not too much tl;dr, but it will be mostly based on the ratings system example above.

You can also track my status on MAL (for the time being) in the event that I haven't updated this thread yet or posted my review:

Let's get this party started!

Last edited:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll start with a handful of suggestions so as not to overload you with my amazingly good tastes...

Delicious in Dungeon
Uzumaki
Akira
I've watched the Akira movie before, but I am interested in reading the manga now.

I've heard of Delicious in Dungeon before, but not Uzumaki.

I'll start with Delicious in Dungeon because I remember hearing good praise about it.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I've watched the Akira movie before, but I am interested in reading the manga now.

I've heard of Delicious in Dungeon before, but not Uzumaki.

I'll start with Delicious in Dungeon because I remember hearing good praise about it.
I've read the first three volumes of Delicious in Dungeon and I really enjoyed them. They are cute but also have excellent worldbuilding. I have all of the other volumes (that have been released in English), but I'm waiting for holidays in January to read them all.

I've read Uzumaki 2 or 3 times, it's my favourite Junji Ito manga.

The Akira manga is of course a classic, and more expansive than the movie (I actually prefer it to the movie).

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I've read the first three volumes of Delicious in Dungeon and I really enjoyed them. They are cute but also have excellent worldbuilding. I have all of the other volumes (that have been released in English), but I'm waiting for holidays in January to read them all.
I started reading chapter 0 a few mins ago (forgot that's a thing lol) and I noticed that they call Chilchuck "Chilchack" in some of these translated scans. Either they are all copypasta for the same scanlations group or MAL and the rest of the Internet has his name wrong. Please help me solve this confusion before I get turned off too soon :catsad

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I started reading chapter 0 a few mins ago (forgot that's a thing lol) and I noticed that they call Chilchuck "Chilchack" in some of these translated scans. Either they are all copypasta for the same scanlations group or MAL and the rest of the Internet has his name wrong. Please help me solve this confusion before I get turned off too soon :catsad
His name is Chilchuck. I dunno what's going on with that translation.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
translated into english as in licensed translations only?

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
Just previewed the first chapter, looks deep, and it made me feel a bit weird seeing brain matter in a comic strip; I'll put it on the list :pepecool:
It's pretty depressing

But also good and short, which seems perfect for this thread. Could think of something else if you want

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
It's pretty depressing

But also good and short, which seems perfect for this thread. Could think of something else if you want
Nah this is good; how many chapters do you suggest I read in order do a fair review?

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
Nah this is good; how many chapters do you suggest I read in order do a fair review?
Oof, that's a tough one. It only has 21 chapters and doesn't have a lot of dialogue so I'm tempted to say all of them

IMO you can only appreciate the journey once you've witnessed the ending itself

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
I will save it for last then after the current queue :cattrin
If To Aru (I know it's not technically manga despite having one) is part of that queue, that's gonna be a while then. :mjlol

• Skully

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
If we can recc manhwa's

The Boxer is a really good one. Like the title suggests its a manhwa about boxing, though don't expect it to be that action-oriented, it not really about cool techniques or boxing moves as much as it is a character-driven story, its like Mob Psycho 100, watch the awesomely cool fights, stay for the chars/story.

The ending is especially great, really ties up all the themes of the story.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
If we can recc manhwa's

The Boxer is a really good one. Like the title suggests its a manhwa about boxing, though don't expect it to be that action-oriented, it not really about cool techniques or boxing moves as much as it is a character-driven story, its like Mob Psycho 100, watch the awesomely cool fights, stay for the chars/story.

The ending is especially great, really ties up all the themes of the story.
Y'all gonna have be busy for the entire next year :skully

Back