Ranking stamina, healing and other concepts

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
One thing i like about the wiki is that we have a specific ranking for the level of regeneration a character can have.
However, some other OBD concepts are rarely quantified like that and it's let up for the writer of the profile to describe (ie: stuff like "vastly superhuman" or "inhuman" to describe someone's level of stamina) and since there isn't any standard for how high someone's level of said concept is they're kinda forced to list up all their relevant feats for it which just makes the page unnecesarily long.

Basically, i'd like to create a ranking kind of like the one we have for regeneration, but for other OBD concepts. From the top of my mind:

-Healing (should be basically the same as the regen one)
-Stamina
-Mindfuck/soulfuck (i've read these are usually classified by the amount of people you can affect at once)

Among others. Thoughts? :hm

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I mean stamina's already a stat listed, it's just nobody seems to pay much mind to it honestly. Which if you ask me personally stamina does have an impact on a lot of matchups, it's just easily forgotten and hence not really a factor.

Mind/soulfuck I believe falls under stuff like range and even DC to a lesser extent (like if it affects a multiversal character there's no way anything lesser is surpassing/resisting it), but I can 100% understand if it gets a rating of some sort.

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
I mean stamina's already a stat listed, it's just nobody seems to pay much mind to it honestly. Which if you ask me personally stamina does have an impact on a lot of matchups, it's just easily forgotten and hence not really a factor.
Yeah but it's pretty basic, is my point. I'm picturing something more like that wiki page i posted.

Would read something like: low (stamina below that of an average human) / mid-low (average human) high-low (peak human) low-mid (vaguely superhuman) mid (can fight for days on end) etc etc, obviously it'd be more elaborated but you get the gist of it.
Mind/soulfuck I believe falls under stuff like range and even DC to a lesser extent (like if it affects a multiversal character there's no way anything lesser is surpassing/resisting it), but I can 100% understand if it gets a rating of some sort.
From what i've read those kind of abilites are usually classified based on how many people you can fuck with at once, hence guys like Force users or Xavier who can mindfuck people across solar systems are usually put as the cream of the crop of their respective skillsets.
The DC part sounds kinda wonky tbh, makes it sound like having a specific DC stat would make you inmune from hax which kinda shits on the point of hax abilites to begin with (beating people who outstat you)

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member

i think stamina just comes up rarely bc most characters people use can fight for ages without tiring

the only thread I can remember it mattering in that I personally made was Tahu vs Saber because Tahu’s planet level nuke drains all his energy right after, so if it doesn’t kill her he’s a sitting duck

something like timed transformations, it probably matters too, we just rarely see matches made with those currently

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Stamina usually doesn't come up because a lot of used fighters can fight for days/weeks etc. and most matches would end up decided long before that

It does come up when considering fighters like Alucard since actually putting him down is far harder than blowing him apart

any competent powwerscailer uses a regen tier list, idk who did it first, id assume this place since ive heard its the oldest, but everyone else has adopted it

stamina is hard to quantify since there arent many hard numbers to it, idk how to handle it

hax can be measured by if it can affect people that have resisted that power before, giving it "layers", like a more powerful mind manipulator destroying the mind of someone who was able to shrug off mind manip from someone else previously, or by looking at how many people one can affect at once, no idea how those two measurements relate to eachother though

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
stamina is hard to quantify since there arent many hard numbers to it, idk how to handle it
I'd just do it by how much time they can fight or perform other activities for tbh

Something like this:

Low: Stamina below that of an average human
Mid-low: Stamina on the same level of an average human
High-low: Stamina of the strongest human athletes
Low-mid: Vaguely superhuman stamina
Mid: Enough to fight for a day or more (example: the Admirals in OP)
High-mid: Enough to fight for a month or more (example: Dangai Ichigo)
Low-High: Enough to fight for a year or more (example: Dorry and Broggy)

It probably gets more convoluted higher up but you get the point

GoldenHeart

Illustrious
Thought about that too but i wasn't too sure how you'd go with it or how to connect it to the other ranking
I'd assume being able to fight with any injurie that would kill your average human would probably fall in vaguely superhuman tier i guess

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
That's not how it works.

You can be persian carpet lvl in all stats but have some kind of godly ability /artifact that can resist Multiversal soul fuck/mind shit.

As long as you have the resistance feat, it's fair game.

You don't automatically assume that just because the haxx is particularly potent and reaches a certain threshold, it would automatically affect weaker characters.

It's a rather case by case basis issue that has to be looked at from the point of view of both the caster and the receiver.

Back