relation to the outskirts battledome wiki

the OBD is this forums wiki right, i found this place through the OBD and the vs battles forum is called the outskirts battledome wiki, but i havent really seen it mentioned all that much, no profiles linked in vs threads either, essentially just looking for a bit of history on this forum and the OBD

the OBD is this forums wiki right, i found this place through the OBD and the vs battles forum is called the outskirts battledome wiki, but i havent really seen it mentioned all that much, no profiles linked in vs threads either, essentially just looking for a bit of history on this forum and the OBD

As stated by Gordo this is the OBD, Outskirts Battle Dome... the only reason that's not in the name is because we technically didn't make this forum lol.
But all of the members who truly make it up are here.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
OBD wiki as far as community goes, people posted in narutoforums/fanverse's outskirts battledome for many years. Ownership of the forum changed and the current admin did a lot of weird shit that negatively affected the hobby (such as using a bot to remove 'problematic posts' but the bot was completely bugged and would just erase entire respect threads at random)

Said admin banned a bunch of people so they moved to this forum. The guys who run the actual wiki are still here and on nf/fv

how do content revision threads work on here, i dont have any in mind i just dont see a forum for it, do people just post them in the vs battles forum

i heard from someone on here a bit ago that the forum doesnt really use the OBD wiki that much anymore, is that true and if so why not and how do you keep track of characters stats and abilities without profiles

i heard from someone on here a bit ago that the forum doesnt really use the OBD wiki that much anymore, is that true and if so why not and how do you keep track of characters stats and abilities without profiles

It's less we don't use it anymore and more it usually runs into problems trying to maintain it and keep it up.
Otherwise, we actually have various threads in the Meta-OBD that has feats and otherwise of various series that we usually use otherwise.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
the wiki got taken down a bunch of times so basically rn, it's incredibly spotty in terms of what it covers

eg there's a lot of marvel profiles, dragon ball, JoJo etc but basically nothing for transformers (and what is there is decades out of date) and many other series. It just isn't being maintained as much as this community has shrunk

pretty much where every character sits is basically maintained by knowledge of users or referencing pst feat/respect threads here or on FV

not the best way to do it but alas

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
The OBD wiki has been around since sometime around 2007-2008. It has gone through several revisions and iterations due to different companies inheriting the webmaster company. The current OBD wiki is related to this site as it was adopted here but this forum specifically is not here because of the OBD wiki.

The OBD wiki has been around since sometime around 2007-2008. It has gone through several revisions and iterations due to different companies inheriting the webmaster company. The current OBD wiki is related to this site as it was adopted here but this forum specifically is not here because of the OBD wiki.
god damn

Back