Relationship Advice Thread

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I wouldn't immediately ask her out, but if you just started as friends, don't rush into things too quickly. Take your time, hang out, gauge if she's actually interested in you, and see where it takes you. I've made plenty of mistakes of asking women out in the past without getting to know them a bit at first and then a few months down the line they turn out to be batshit crazy, insecure beyond normal levels, and possessive lol

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I wouldn't immediately ask her out, but if you just started as friends, don't rush into things too quickly. Take your time, hang out, gauge if she's actually interested in you, and see where it takes you. I've made plenty of mistakes of asking women out in the past without getting to know them a bit at first and then a few months down the line they turn out to be batshit crazy, insecure beyond normal levels, and possessive lol
I’ve known her since Kindergarten.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve known her since Kindergarten.
How well do you know her? In any case, I would still suggest hanging out and getting to know the real her before making any sorta moves. Gives you time to gauge whether or not she's interested in you. If you already know for sure that she is, make your move, but don't do it so hastily.

How well do you know her? In any case, I would still suggest hanging out and getting to know the real her before making any sorta moves. Gives you time to gauge whether or not she's interested in you. If you already know for sure that she is, make your move, but don't do it so hastily.
This is what I would do
I've come back around to thinking it's a good idea

• Agree

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Do you want a relationship advice, or "how to lose my Virginity asap" advice
Because those are two different goals here.

• Agree

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I think the tricky part with it is being autistic and having no idea what differentiates being interested in someone and being interested 🌹in someone. Or the other way around, I mean.
So, uh.. good luck
I have two autistic brothers and know they lack the social cues that a "normal" person would have. I am not autistic, but I have issues sometimes with mixed messages because humans are complex af. In the defense to those that are autistic, it's 10x as hard to navigate these waves vs a person who can tell when someone is or isn't interested in you.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
She knows my immediate family, I know her immediate family.
I think the tricky part with it is being autistic and having no idea what differentiates being interested in someone and being interested 🌹in someone. Or the other way around, I mean.
So, uh.. good luck
She’s also autistic, but milder than mine is. I’m fairly certain she’s had a crush on me for a long time.
Do you want a relationship advice, or "how to lose my Virginity asap" advice
Because those are two different goals here.
Relationship advice.

Nevermind

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
She knows. She's the one that texted me first, actually. Her father gave her my number.
She’s also autistic, but milder than mine is. I’m fairly certain she’s had a crush on me for a long time.
If that's the case, you don't need to beat around the bush on this. In fact she'll probably hate you for it. There's no point in making all these calculations or playing games with a woman who's already decided she likes you. Trust me, if she asked her dad for your number and is texting you first, she likes you.

You're the man, you need to be decisive. You need to take the lead. Ask her out and do something simple. Go get a drink at a good lounge you know and just chill for a night.

You'll almost never be punished for being bold but trust me you will be punished if you're timid. Women hate that more than anything.

@Blade

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
If that's the case, you don't need to beat around the bush on this. In fact she'll probably hate you for it. There's no point in making all these calculations or playing games with a woman who's already decided she likes you. Trust me, if she asked her dad for your number and is texting you first, she likes you.

You're the man, you need to be decisive. You need to take the lead. Ask her out and do something simple. Go get a drink at a good lounge you know and just chill for a night.

You'll almost never be punished for being bold but trust me you will be punished if you're timid. Women hate that more than anything.

@Blade
Pretty much this since you have all the pieces in the right places. Usually when you have nothing or barely anything, it's a lot harder to predict rejection and a lot easier to fuck up if the woman doesn't reciprocate the same feelings you have for her. If you know that she does, then she is waiting for you to make the first move. I have dated women who knew instantly that I was apprehensive and didn't wait for me to ask them out and that's how we ended up together. Most times I'd be the one asking them out, but even with women I do know a lot about, you'll always run the risk of knowing more about the bad parts of them as your relationship progresses and you start regretting your decisions later lol. In this case, she sounds interested in your and vise versa so why not give it a shot? I'm an overall anxious person which probably explains why I haven't had a stable relationship in such a long time. I have fears of being cheated on again, rejection, etc, so either my relationships don't last long or the women I see would rather be FWB's and I'll be okay with that.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
How do I get a friend I haven’t spoken to in a decade back into my life?
If you lost contact with them then find out who has their contact info. You can also do a little social media searching. Lots of us eventually try to reconnect with past acquaintances because we're human and memories tend to flood in at weird times. Tread carefully though and make sure to add them as a friend first and then message them lol

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
21e.gif

Back