Resident Evil 4: Remake (March 24th 2023)

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
leon cool and all

but chris roidfield still is > leon 🤷‍♂️

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
looks good. i can't wait to see how they approach some of the more absurd aspects of the original. i think they confirmed that
the salazar statue wasn't cut right?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I don't think it was

I'm more intrigued about how Krauser vs Leon will be or the Regenertor fuckers

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
yeah, i checked again and it was just from some leaks that haven't been confirmed. got shit mixed up

i'm really looking forward to regenerators. i have high hopes for them. as well as the verdugo fight. my favorite part of the original

Glad to see it looks and feels like all the new RE games.

I first started playing RE4 like 3-4 years ago so there's no nostalgia attached but I still don't particularly like how they're making all these new RE games look samey. RE4 was and is a wacky game and that's what sets it apart from the other action horror games that came before and after it (main reason I like it more than Dead Space) this new re-imagining seems by the numbers.

Then again fans seem to want more and more remakes nowadays so maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I guess they are making their way back up the ladder? Should we expect a RE5 remake in the near future? :maybe

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I guess they are making their way back up the ladder? Should we expect a RE5 remake in the near future? :maybe
Considering the rather, shall we say "mixed", views on Resident Evil 5 in general I rather doubt it'll see a remake.

Frankly I'm not bothered by that, It's my favorite Resident Evil and doesn't really need a remake.

• Support

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
they should skip RE5 as it's fine as is and remake 6 into a good game

• Agree

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
OFuQ

ss_98d9687b6acf5feff600b483d9f30e52079091e9.1920x1080.jpg

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Its very good, probably tied with RE2's Remake as the best of these remaginations/updated classic RE titled games. I still think the original version is better and kind of miss the more QTE events from it. There are definite changes though compared to the source with the plot and story; biggest thing though that fluffs and adds to the content is all of the optional but rewarding sidequests the Merchant gives you like fighting the boss plagas-dog before the cabin fight in the village portion, the golden armature/knight sub-boss in the castle, etc...

Things off hand:

- the knife having durability which is a gameplay balance on purpose, yes you can boost its durability, power, and damage throughout the game but its costly each time it breaks to repair it
- the knife takes very little damage or wear and tear when you stealth kill Ganados but when you have to parry enemy attacks like the Garadors, Chainsaw wielding ladies or Salvador, tentacle attacks from the Plagas,Verdugo,Novastadors, Regenerators, it takes much greater damage/loss of durability
- several intentional set piece mob fights especially with the red/Priest Zealots will be harder then most of the boss fights due to the amount of enemies you have and especially in the Castle and Island portions of the game, make you spend far more valuable ammo and weapons to get through them; two instances come to mind a) the first time you encounter a red Zealot whose power causes a bunch of the normal Zealot Ganados turn into the Plagas variants who can instant-kill you if you don't parry their attack to bite your head off and its in an EXTREMELY close quarters cellar room and the second is when your trying to get the Ram's Head for the puzzle piece in the room your on the bridge/walkway
- there is a third instance but its sort of balanced with two Garradors (the blind guys with claws who are functionally mini-bosses) who like the Chainsaw Sisters, Gigantes, and Salvadors, can constantly kill their own allies by mistake trying to hurt you, still was one of the most notable differences and spikes in difficulty I can remember
- the Verdugo who chases and stalks you in the tunnels can be killed easily if you hit him with the 4 different nitrogen freezing showers and blasted to pieces while it stalks you after you get out of the sewers/caverns
- Luis has a MUCH bigger role in the remake vs the original version; he can be a combat companion in the game for more sequences then just the cabin fight right before the end of the first third of the game and boss fight with Mendez at the Slaughterhouse
- Blacktail is still the overall most OP pistol in the game (even over the Punisher, Red9, and Broken Butterfly)
- multiple enemies can be taken down even if you are only specifically meleeing just one
- more elaboration and fluff for Luis and Ada in this game including a certain saturation of another major character whose a teaser for the next remake
- Mercenaries wasn't released with the game but is coming out as a free DLC in early April and Luis is playable iirc in it this time around

Back