Sci-Fi Verse Tier List

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Simple, is a ranking of various sci-fi works from an OBD standpoint. Usually because those are consistently the ones with the most impressive showings (other than superhero comics obviously). So I figured why not.

Omniversal:
Transformers

Megaversal:
Doctor Who

Multiversal:
Manifold Series (possibly megaversal)
Xeelee Sequence

Universal:
Star Wars (Legends) (potentially multi)
Hyperion Cantos
Futurama
Rick & Morty
Warhammer 40,000 (this one's iffy, need someone to confirm this placement)
MechQuest
Star Ocean
Star Wars (Disney)

Multi-Galaxy:

Galaxy:

Stargate
Halo

Solar System:
Phantasy Star
Star Trek
Blame!!
Starcraft (likely lower or higher)

Star:

Planetary:

Eden's Zero
Ender's Game
Dead Space

For obvious reasons this is a work in progress. Not sure if there are many sci-fi series that are below planet levels but if there are any that come to my immediate attention I'll throw them on the list.

Last edited:

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Is this in DC or Civilization scale?

Andromeda spanned ~3 galaxies however the strongest weapons were Solar System level, with eventual galactic destruction over an undetermined timeframe (magog worldship wiped clean an entire galaxy of stars)

WH40k is ~Galaxy level in civilization scale at most, the old ones got decimated and I'm not sure daemons fall under any sort of civilization scale

Xeelee Sequence is at least multi galactic in scale I think? not sure on maximum DC

Manifold Series is multiversal in scale

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Is this in DC or Civilization scale?

Andromeda spanned ~3 galaxies however the strongest weapons were Solar System level, with eventual galactic destruction over an undetermined timeframe (magog worldship wiped clean an entire galaxy of stars)

WH40k is ~Galaxy level in civilization scale at most, the old ones got decimated and I'm not sure daemons fall under any sort of civilization scale

Xeelee Sequence is at least multi galactic in scale I think? not sure on maximum DC

Manifold Series is multiversal in scale
I forgot to mention, but this is intended to measure them based on DC. Though it's still possible for the two to overlap, but the former also happens to be more applicable from an OBD standpoint.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
All right, well I included DC for Andromeda so that should be fine

Xelee Sequence has galaxy level attacks but not sure if that was their best

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Do you only take technology to measure power or does it also count that they have super powerful beings?

Because technically Marvel, DC, Transformers, Xenogears, FF and TTGL have sci-fi stuff but the one that puts them on top is usually some cosmic being or mysterious force.

Simon R Green’s Deathstalker has a galaxy level multidimensional being that Owen and Hazel absorbed.

Star Ocean has characters in the third game who are universal.

D&D has Spelljammer as their Sci-Fi setting similar to Treasure Planet.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Star Trek is at least Solar System level, I've heard universal claims but never looked into them

I've heard Anubis from Stargate can consume all the energy within a galaxy and there's a superweapon which can lifewipe one

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Do you only take technology to measure power or does it also count that they have super powerful beings?

Because technically Marvel, DC, Transformers, Xenogears, FF and TTGL have sci-fi stuff but the one that puts them on top is usually some cosmic being or mysterious force.
The latter also counts, given Legends SW is often pinned at universal due to the Force as an example.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Phantasy Star is at least Solar System level then, higher with gradual destruction

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The latter also counts, given Legends SW is often pinned at universal due to the Force as an example.
Ok...

Space Battleship Yamato has crazy stuff

Hyperion Cantos- Shrike is very broken and Machine Ultimate Intelligence is maybe Universe level

Nier:Automata iirc are planet level

Jodo-verse: No name is Universe to low multiverse level, Galaxy size monster and weapons, many star buster etc.

TTGL: Multiverse/Megaverse level beings

Xenogears: Multiverse level energy and god.

Demonbane: Multiverse level mecha

Super Robot Wars: many Multiverse level mecha

ToAru: jokes aside, it has universal gods and academy city wants to create its own "god" with "science" that would be level 6.

Marvel and DC: They have a lot of sci-fi stuff.

Star Trek: In Star Trek I think the Q created a dimension/universe but the one who followed Star Trek was my father, I didn't.

Eden Zero: many planet buster, and maybe star level or solar system level in the end of serie...

Voltron (Netflix): many planet busters, maybe star level and there is a plane that allows them to destroy universes as a kind of chain reaction.

Final Space, Rick & Morty and Futurama are pretty crazies.

Techo Jacket/Image Comics: the super weapon star level and planet level power Suits.

Digimon(?

Transformer: Technically the Megaverse level beings are cosmic entities but they mix elements of science fiction.

Sidonia no Kishi: trillions of large planet monsters, large planet bombs, large planet robots, and an super graviton laser.

Blame!!: Solar System size "city" and a planet level robot.

This is what occurs to me right now.

Although Star Wars Disney is weaker in every way than its Legends counterpart, but if I remember correctly the quote that The Daughter and The Son would destroy the universe is also canon for Disney, in addition to Anakin with the powers of The Father moving a constellation.

The Celestial Orrery of the Necrons it is probably a galaxy level weapon but they themselves forbade from using it, plus it is quite likely that they had more powerful weapons during the war in heaven.
https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Celestial_Orrery

The Chaos gods are probably universal but until they are seen outside of the Warp it will be a long and tedious subject to check.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
The Alternity in transformers are a better fit for cosmic scifi type beings. They're multiversal entities that only achieved that status by evolving into a higher plane of existence.

Unicron and Primus are just straight up abstracts

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
The Alternity in transformers are a better fit for cosmic scifi type beings. They're multiversal entities that only achieved that status by evolving into a higher plane of existence.

Unicron and Primus are just straight up abstracts
I think that for the purposes of the theme, as they are still part of the Transformer universe that has science fiction, it would count, even if they are abstract beings, as happens with the force in Star Wars or the Chaos Gods in Warhammer.

:whatevs

Phantasy Star is at least Solar System level then, higher with gradual destruction
Isn’t the main villain in Phantasy Star 4 universal?
Profound_Darkness_Destroy_Universe.jpg

c8dca4309672617f8200b17daee68819.png

image0.gif

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Megaversal - Gurren Lagann
Multiversal - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Hyperion Cantos, GaoGaiGar, Noein, Jodoverse, The Adventures of Luther Arkwright, Getter Robo, Voltron: Legendary Defender, Final Space, Bokurano
Universal - Space Patrol Luluco, Promare, The Last Question, Earthbound, Bravest Warriors, Eureka Seven, Borderlands, Gunbuster!/Diebuster!, Futurama, Animorphs
Galaxy level - Oban Star Racers, Darling in the Franxx
Solar System level - Hellstar Remina
Star level - Childhood's End, Creatures of Light and Darkness
Planet level - Ender's Game, Dead Space, Aquarion, A Confusion of Princes, Larklight, Dead Leaves, Heroman, The Space Trilogy

If you're including Supernatural Battles, Legends Star Wars should be multiversal. Disney Star Wars has the Ones, so it should be universal.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Isn’t the main villain in Phantasy Star 4 universal?
Profound_Darkness_Destroy_Universe.jpg

c8dca4309672617f8200b17daee68819.png

image0.gif

Dark Force/Profound Darkness would eventually end the universe, but it's not instantaneous AFAIK

EDIT: Although I guess you could argue it would be Galaxy level+ at its height

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
MechQuest, one of my favorite old flash games thats a prequel to Adventurequest had two universe level weapons at the climax of the game's main storyline. The first destroyed everything in the universe but one ship, and the second, on that ship, reset the universe creating the medieval games that Artix Entertainment is more known for like Adventurequest and Dragonfable.

Their games exist in an iirc infinite multiverse and numerous parallel universes are explored in different plotlines, but they never touched on that in MechQuest itself

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
I never played that but it reminded me of Total Annihilation which has a galactic superweapon :mjlol

Back