Sci-Fi Verse Tier List

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
even though flash is dead they backed up all their games so you can still play them for free :mjlol albeit MQ has a lot of repetitive segments of the game, but I still loved it a lot and was extremely active in the community as a teenager. Helped pioneer some of the "meta" at the time lol

I want to do a deep dive into adventurequest/dragonfable lore and feats in general sometime, but that's literally decades of material to read through. With dragonfable i know most of that game inside and out but I played AQ significantly less and that's the one that deals with more cosmic shit

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Pretty sure the Xeelee are somewhere in the ballpark of multiversal, something about the "universe" that they inhabit having infinite branching possibilities or something along those lines, with the Ring letting them access other "universes" (more like multiverses in this context), if I recall correctly.

Maddie

Acclaimed
to clarify for Doctor Who

Omniversal
The Glory
The Grace
Potentially Pre-Universe Stuff like the Carnival Queen and The Beast, etc
Potentially Time Lords Post-Final Sanction

Megaversal+
Guardians of Time
Lamprey
The Final Sanction (Time Lords)
The Moment (Time Lords)
The Reality Bomb (Daleks)

Megaversal
Time War Time Lords
Time War Daleks

Multiversal+ (A single universe is Multi+ in DW due to the complex cosmology)
The Eternals
Chronovores
The Quantum Archangel
Time Lords' heavier weapons

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manifold is more likely Mega+ to Omniversal. In fact, yeah, Downstreamers should be omniversal IMO.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tiers for 40k:

Above Warp Level (Megaversal???)
Ynnead (?)

Warp Level (?Multiversal+?*)
Chaos Gods**
Emperor's Soul**
Gork and Mork(?)

Multiversal+ Level (Multiversal+***)
Breath of the Gods going Haywire2

Universal+
High-End Interpretation of Aledari Gods****
High-End Interpretation of C'tan****

Multi-Solar System Level
Low-End Interpretation of Aledari Gods
Low-End Interpretation of C'tan
Chaos Gods if they went in the Materium
God Emperor of Mankind

Solar System Level
War in Heaven Necrons
Old Ones

Star Level
Golden-Age Humanity

*The Warp is established to be as big as you want. Dimensionality is arbitrary and size and shape is too. The only consistent thing we can say is it is 1) infinite in a transcendent sense 2) It is a nexus to infinite other universes outside of the core 40k universe. It is a multiversal+ zone, ands Chaos has reached a point such that the Warp and Chaos are one in the same.

**Chaos Gods are only multiversal in the Warp because it's the center of their power. There they have sent campaigns and conquered countless universes and their realms which are extensions of their power are infinite in size. Their battles shake the entire Warp and can even be felt in the Materium. However in the Materium they'd be much weaker because the nature of the Materium is grounded in reality and the endless energies available in the Warp aren't present. They'd only be as powerful as the spread of Chaos/Warp has reached in the Materium, or less than Galaxy level

***The 40k Materium isn't just one universe, Nights of the Imperium and other novels establish it's an interleaved branespace multiverse. The Warhammer Fantasy Universe is stated many times in White Dwarf to be another universe that can be reached by the Warp for example.

****The C'tan are smurfs. They aren't able to nuke the universe but they have total control over it and can manipulate any and all aspect of its dimensionality, temporality, or spatiality. They wouldn't be able to do a big boom to consume it all but they likely could draw all energeies across the universe to do what they seek. This is the high end interpretation, at a low end we can assume they are only SS level but are basically universally acquainted in all material haxes.

Maddie

Acclaimed
TBH I feel like separating verses by era would also help. Doctor Who and Halo vary in range wildly. For example while Present Disney SW tech is about one step above UNSC/Covie stuff (Kilotons-low gigatons vs kilotons-megatons), Present Legends stuff shits all over it, meanwhile Ancient Halo shits all over Legends Star Wars excluding the Celestials. 40k is another good example there, Forerunners would stalemate WiH Necrons and have a good war with Golden Age Humanity but utterly trounce present 40k.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Simple, is a ranking of various sci-fi works from an OBD standpoint. Usually because those are consistently the ones with the most impressive showings (other than superhero comics obviously). So I figured why not.

Omniversal:
Transformers

Megaversal:
Doctor Who

Multiversal:
Manifold Series (possibly megaversal)
Xeelee Sequence

Universal:
Star Wars (Legends) (potentially multi)
Hyperion Cantos
Futurama
Rick & Morty
Warhammer 40,000 (this one's iffy, need someone to confirm this placement)
MechQuest
Star Ocean
Star Wars (Disney)

Multi-Galaxy:

Galaxy:

Stargate
Halo

Solar System:
Phantasy Star
Star Trek
Blame!!
Starcraft (likely lower or higher)

Star:

Planetary:

Eden's Zero
Ender's Game
Dead Space

For obvious reasons this is a work in progress. Not sure if there are many sci-fi series that are below planet levels but if there are any that come to my immediate attention I'll throw them on the list.
Why you only add some of mine? I am offended.

Maddie

Acclaimed
Classic Doom is probs city level overall, but Modern Doom is over city level with argent energy for humanity, multiversal+ with Davoth

Mr.OMG

Paramount
The Self Reference Engine should be at the top of the list.

Maddie

Acclaimed
I would also reccomend separating verses where there is a gap between individuals and the tech they use. Techwise only the Celestials remotely reach universal, otherwise SW tech in Disney canon peaks at around city level with planet-star destroying superweapons and in Legends at continent level with planet-star destroying superweapons. However Jedi go above that.

Back