Section overhaul

Abolish the 19th Amendment

‣ ↻
Administrator
@Odd

brainstorm with me here

1. im thinking that the caption contest is a much have so it suits users that don't feel confident in other skills but making it a little more challenging to gain points

2. maybe a trivia event section? possibly bi-weekly or monthly

3. easter egg events or something, and if they are popular enough we can do a major annual event of it

4. puzzle subsection

5. amateur teaching for beginners section. let the little birdies fly so they have enough confidence to participate in graphic related stuff once "classes" are done

6. like nf's thing i made for contest central, there's diversified themes for graphic contests (winner chooses whether it's avatars, sigs, or misc) and the like. doesn't have to just apply to graphics contests either. can make it spicy where there's specific themes like making a graphic on pixlr or paint, for instance, so it kind of sticks out from the hoard of other gfx contests from other forums

7. for mafia section related stuff, game design. there's a voting process and people have to choose their favorite design (like gram's elden ring game, etc)

8. cross section site events. encourages strong community ties, ie. mafia hosted in another section that matches the section theme (anime & manga mafia related for the anime section, shitpost section can have caricature roles based on members)
we can also do a huge mafia site event where anyone who participates to gain points so they can buy shit from the shop via currency (in the works btw.) also can have graphic titles rewarded for the most points somehow (idk how the points will be collected yet this is just bare bones stuff.)

also can involve other communities like WG somehow. idk how this would be done but im sure it could be somehow

9. weekly review contests? people write original articles and it can be featured on OLF etc etc

10. comic/manga caption contests. self-explanatory. aries may dominate these tho

11. staff points for modding, like using the amount of mod actions like spam cleaning and so on, successfully reducing friction between members without using mod powers (10 points for gryffindor!).
i like this idea because it means we are put on even ground and have to work for fancy stuff--just in a different way.
this means, sans dupe accounts for tests, that if a mod wants a cool username (also excluding default staff colors like red for admins) they have to earn it rather than it just automatically given to them on a silver platter.
something that strays from recognizable default staff banners (fancy admin graphic user title), etc

actually in love with this idea tbf imho. it isn't that hard or time-consuming to rack up points by doing shit we already do anyway

‣ ↻
Administrator
true!

worst case scenario i will just add prefixes for trial contests and event ideas. maybe add some kind of incentive like people with the most points from specific contests to have a graphic designer tag or smth with powers

i realllly need people to try to participate even if it means we just do prefixes for now.

‣ ↻
Administrator
new game plan, prefixes + trials rather than adding sections

it'll be a tad unorganized but that's okay, i can just add prefix navigation in the section description

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
All of these sound like dead on arrival section if you want me to be brutally honest with you
While I respect your honesty, your opinion does not help or contribute to what @Retrolize is trying to accomplish.

Why not put forth your own suggestions and contribute to the discussion in a more positive way?

‣ ↻
Administrator
i don't mind it, i like the honesty

it made me reconsider the sections, i think the prefixes and trials will be fine for now

you're correct id appreciate other suggestions aswell but i don't think the post was intended to be a debby downer

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Why not put forth your own suggestions and contribute to the discussion in a more positive way
Most my section suggestions will be weird stuff that only I would be interested in. Maybe also @Platinum

But my point was that a lot of these suggestions aren't "bad" per say but needed to take into account current activity

For example

On Worstgen a Theory section would never have as much activity as Orojackson's theory section did for a lot of reasons.

This isn't me saying that Pelsei shouldn't bother at all with this stuff, just that she should take the forum's current activity and demographics into account when making plans

And note : in an ideal world these ideas wouldn't be dead on arrival but it's not the 2000s anymore and most forums are either dead or dead compared to their prime

Reactions: Ral

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
@Odd

brainstorm with me here

1. im thinking that the caption contest is a much have so it suits users that don't feel confident in other skills but making it a little more challenging to gain points

2. maybe a trivia event section? possibly bi-weekly or monthly

3. easter egg events or something, and if they are popular enough we can do a major annual event of it

4. puzzle subsection

5. amateur teaching for beginners section. let the little birdies fly so they have enough confidence to participate in graphic related stuff once "classes" are done

6. like nf's thing i made for contest central, there's diversified themes for graphic contests (winner chooses whether it's avatars, sigs, or misc) and the like. doesn't have to just apply to graphics contests either. can make it spicy where there's specific themes like making a graphic on pixlr or paint, for instance, so it kind of sticks out from the hoard of other gfx contests from other forums

7. for mafia section related stuff, game design. there's a voting process and people have to choose their favorite design (like gram's elden ring game, etc)

8. cross section site events. encourages strong community ties, ie. mafia hosted in another section that matches the section theme (anime & manga mafia related for the anime section, shitpost section can have caricature roles based on members)
we can also do a huge mafia site event where anyone who participates to gain points so they can buy shit from the shop via currency (in the works btw.) also can have graphic titles rewarded for the most points somehow (idk how the points will be collected yet this is just bare bones stuff.)

also can involve other communities like WG somehow. idk how this would be done but im sure it could be somehow

9. weekly review contests? people write original articles and it can be featured on OLF etc etc

10. comic/manga caption contests. self-explanatory. aries may dominate these tho

11. staff points for modding, like using the amount of mod actions like spam cleaning and so on, successfully reducing friction between members without using mod powers (10 points for gryffindor!).
i like this idea because it means we are put on even ground and have to work for fancy stuff--just in a different way.
this means, sans dupe accounts for tests, that if a mod wants a cool username (also excluding default staff colors like red for admins) they have to earn it rather than it just automatically given to them on a silver platter.
something that strays from recognizable default staff banners (fancy admin graphic user title), etc

actually in love with this idea tbf imho. it isn't that hard or time-consuming to rack up points by doing shit we already do anyway
1 Caption Contest is nice and chill, we can rock that

2 Trivia not feeling it

3 Easter thing yessir

4 Fuck puzzles, I could bring the finest puzzles in the world to this place but you nobody here cares for them

5 Mentoring is a great pasttime, find a mentee and your golden

6 Cross section stuff yeah, april 1st could be the day for cross section

7 Mafia setup contest, brilliant. Make that happen, tell Ekko and a bunch of other game hosts, I’ll pump cash in to this idea

8 but not too much mafia shit, there’s a whole world of games out there to play

9 let it be known that if people wanna blog here they might end up winning something shiny

10 OJ used to run these, they were solid

11 fuck the mods

Reactions: Ral

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Most my section suggestions will be weird stuff that only I would be interested in. Maybe also @Platinum

But my point was that a lot of these suggestions aren't "bad" per say but needed to take into account current activity

For example

On Worstgen a Theory section would never have as much activity as Orojackson's theory section did for a lot of reasons.

This isn't me saying that Pelsei shouldn't bother at all with this stuff, just that she should take the forum's current activity and demographics into account when making plans

And note : in an ideal world these ideas wouldn't be dead on arrival but it's not the 2000s anymore and most forums are either dead or dead compared to their prime
You are right but also, who gives a fuck if our shit is DOA to the world in general. As long as we have fun then everyone else can get fucked

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Link me and i'll check it out when i get time.

Platinum

Illustrious
Nice stuff. I had a 5e campaign running irl until two of the people started to hate each other; as it goes.

Replaced it with a vampire the masquerade campaign and that's been pretty fun.

Back