Sections and sub sections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
For Anime & Manga, I think we need the Holy Shonen Trinity, as beaten to death as they are for Anime & Manga Sections on Forums. Besides that, any other Anime or Manga that is popular on this forum needs to be its own section as well.

Reactions: Ral

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I would very much like a similar structure. But will there be enough activity to warrant those sections?
That's my biggest thing.

If we pass the 200 member mark and get 50 active users a day, we could probably branch out.

I don't want to be a complete clone of NF. It can have some NF stuff, but OLF should first and foremost be its own thing. I'll always be willing to take suggestions into account, though. To start with, I will add sections that were integral for the userbase. But I also want to make sure that we don't end up with a billion sections to start with either. Less is more.

Some sections can probably best serve as prefixes within the main section (like, for anime an OPM prefix can be made, etc).

The Most Adminfuckable

I’m a cutie wootie please give me more adminfucks
Yeah I mean I would very much like different sections for different popular mangos but with no fan base.. eh it's not warranted yet. One thing I liked about NF was that there was a section for everything.

Let's see how will the users base will develop first.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I’ll add some animango prefixes in the anime & manga section to start with for categorical purposes.
If there’s enough activity from one series alone (like OP) we can talk about adding a section for it.

That's my biggest thing.

If we pass the 200 member mark and get 50 active users a day, we could probably branch out.

I don't want to be a complete clone of NF. It can have some NF stuff, but OLF should first and foremost be its own thing. I'll always be willing to take suggestions into account, though. To start with, I will add sections that were integral for the userbase. But I also want to make sure that we don't end up with a billion sections to start with either. Less is more.

Some sections can probably best serve as prefixes within the main section (like, for anime an OPM prefix can be made, etc).
i dunno if i have niche interests but i think a section discussing true crime and mysteries would be dope asf

also i am a big fan of different animals, but am not sure if it would garner enthusiastic discussion within this community

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I’m going to sticky this for now so any one of y’all can feel free to give suggestions as you see fit and we can discuss possibilities

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Sections could be renamed to not be carbon copies of NF and give the site a little more individuality imo
Good luck trying to get the OBD to change their section name :oldryoma

For the most part, our sections are pretty much different than what NF/FV has if you don't include the obvious ones. Our categories have unique names too.

Sabo

Preeminent
OLF should be it's own thing. First you need to work out what this forum is about, then structure and target the forum around that, and then promote it thru various means. All the biggest board out there have their own focus. NF was successful previously because they were essentially targeting the Naruto readers in the western world, but then FV happened.

Do you want to attract people who's watches anime and read manga? Then expand that section. Do you want it to be more about news? Is it going to be an arts and entertainment section? Only you can make that decision.

BTW, Naruto keywords (out of all the mangas) still have the highest searches world wide. It was a mistake to change the theme.

You currently have a tone of dead sections on The Newfangled Tavern. That's not good for the forum or for SEO.

You're only ranking on 20th position for outskirts battle dome, because of activities there.

unknown.png

Just my two cent.

Last edited:

Ultra

THE BEAR
Advisor
Good luck trying to get the OBD to change their section name :oldryoma

For the most part, our sections are pretty much different than what NF/FV has if you don't include the obvious ones. Our categories have unique names too.

That one in particular is fine, but the cafe and shitposting sections are pretty much the same no?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
OLF should be it's own thing. First you need to work out what this forum is about, then structure and target the forum around that, and then promote it thru various means. All the biggest board out there have their own focus. NF was successful previously because they were essentially targeting the Naruto readers in the western world, but then FV happened.
This is the plan, hence why we started moving around sections. We're exploring some options that I can't fully talk about openly yet as I'm still experimenting with them in our lab. It isn't anything ground breaking, but it isn't something I've actually seen done with Anime/Manga-type forums since I've been a part of so many communities and have ran my own for many, many years, and none have used this approach as far as I know and have witnessed.
Do you want to attract people who's watches anime and read manga? Then expand that section. Do you want it to be more about news? Is it going to be an arts and entertainment section? Only you can make that decision.
We haven't figured that one out yet, but as the forum grows, I believe we will figure out where we want to take things.
BTW, Naruto keywords (out of all the mangas) still have the highest searches world wide. It was a mistake to change the theme.
Yup and if you specifically search for "Naruto forums", FV will still rank first due to relevance, plus, I'm sure the redirects from narutoforums.org to fanverse.org plays a part too.

A good read I found about domain changes and the effects it has on SEO as well as tools to help with the transition: https://www.crazyegg.com/blog/get-google-index-website/; not sure if Mbxx followed this route exactly.

As for One Last Forum, we haven't set up much of the SEO options available due to us focusing on other crucial areas of the forum first and foremost. We're looking into adding things such as using full friendly URLs, adding an actual site description, etc. There's so much to SEO that it's on a level on it's own. Then, once you figure out how it all works on a foundational level, SEO becomes another skill-set you can add as we live in an eCommerce Internet age now where an SEO expert is desired.
You currently have a tone of dead sections on The Newfangled Tavern. That's not good for the forum or for SEO.
I've brought this up recently; there might be uses for prefixes (along with thread tags) that can combine sections to create cross-functional forums within that category. Please keep in mind that we only recently opened fully, despite how long ago the domain was purchased as well as when @Trinity were finally able to get things going through her sheer determination. I was mostly hesitate and she pretty much pulled the trigger; no looking back now :cat
You're only ranking on 20th position for outskirts battle dome, because of activities there.
It's all a matter of time before we move up from that spot since most of the heavy hitters are over here now. We also have 394 OBD user blogs dedicated to calculations as of right now. It would probably also help if I actually gave it a proper title instead of just "OBD". Also, I believe I enabled tags for blogs too, but it's not an easy add-on to acquire as it involves multiple steps in order to purchase it from the developer's site/forum. Thus, I've only recently started to dabble into more of the "advanced" settings.
That one in particular is fine, but the cafe and shitposting sections are pretty much the same no?
Not entirely, not by name anyways, for the News (cafe) section that is; @Trinity brought up renaming "The Alley" to something more meaningful as we stray away from FV, without messing too much with the flow of that section.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
For Anime & Manga, I think we need the Holy Shonen Trinity, as beaten to death as they are for Anime & Manga Sections on Forums. Besides that, any other Anime or Manga that is popular on this forum needs to be its own section as well.
Maybe instead of Naruto and Bleach sections, we can have a My Hero Academia section.

Jesse Pinkman

Preeminent
One last forum should need name change . I think name is very hard to search at times. Thats my opinion but upto you how you you see it in future as place expands.

Its true mods and admin need to have common consensus will this forum be another anime fan page like WG or Fanverse or make it more different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back