Skin/Style Feedback Thread

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Use this thread to provide feedback and suggestions for our current skins. Please note that this thread will eventually be split up to cover separate coversations for each skin as they require less changes over time.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Hi! I'm a one-man show.

Currently working on the Default style. Progress is around 70%. (It's functional, but the aesthetics and what I envision aren't lined up yet, so tweaks will be made.)

Nep & Fang have made me aware of contrast issues. I think I've adjusted things accordingly. But if there is anything you see that needs adjustment/is hard to read, please let me know!

More skins will be added. (Note: This is a temporary banner for this skin, too.)

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
FIXES

Before:
1633017231543.png

After:
1633017277397.png
(I'm going to be adjusting the bright ass green in the navigation list, don't worry.)

Boxes and checkmark in boxes have been adjusted aswell. Do not have a before and after. But it's readable now!

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
I am aware that the light skins need updating (avatar sizes and shapes, borders, etc.) They will be. (And if anyone has experience with skins, let me know!)

It's going to be a bit of a process.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yeah the circle shape avatars is kind of weird, also doesn't feel like their really 400x400. Or maybe its just me with my 1440p monitor.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
They aren't. Why those dimensions say that, I'll have to look into.

The Default Skin is set to 175x175. I'm figuring out how to have different sizes tied to usergroups. But the default will be 175x175. The reasoning is that it works better for mobile aesthetically speaking. But 175x250 and bigger will be available (perhaps even 180).

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
In the default skin, avatars (in posts) look really crunchy in the desktop browser. They seem fine on mobile. Is this a known issue? Or is it a me issue?

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
They aren't. Why those dimensions say that, I'll have to look into.

The Default Skin is set to 175x175. I'm figuring out how to have different sizes tied to usergroups. But the default will be 175x175. The reasoning is that it works better for mobile aesthetically speaking. But 175x250 and bigger will be available (perhaps even 180).
I mean even getting to 175x250 is fine to me.
In the default skin, avatars (in posts) look really crunchy in the desktop browser. They seem fine on mobile. Is this a known issue? Or is it a me issue?
Nah its the same for me, on the other skin, they are compressed.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not seeing any compression or anything at the moment and I have a beastly monitor (thicc Samsung boiii).

If @Trinity hasn't figured it out, it's just XenForo and how things come out of the box.

afg

FJTEMdh.png

when i right click to get image url, the source image is 96x96
so the issue seems to be that somewhere along the way the original image is downsized to 96x96, then upscaled from that to normal dimensions

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
FJTEMdh.png

when i right click to get image url, the source image is 96x96
so the issue seems to be that somewhere along the way the original image is downsized to 96x96, then upscaled from that to normal dimensions
Very strange; I'll have to test with a dummy account for a few days in order to fix this. I do see what you're saying though. XenForo does circle avatars from the start so I assume @Trinity did some customization's to get it to how we're used to it elsewhere(the square and rectangle look). I can also confirm the scaling issues since even the dpi shows as 96x96.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Yea it does look a bit better on the test skin, I was mainly using the normal light skin earlier

E

Example

Unconfirmed
Hey @Ral , just a quick question with the forum skin.
vg5lYtw.png

When I clicked the "Credits" part of a user's post/profile, there is a part circled in red that is supposed to be clickable, but it does not do anything.

What's it for?

Reactions: Ral
Back