Sleep Shows

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Two years ago, I spent restless nights trying to figure out what could put me to sleep the fastest given that I hardly had slept at all during that time, and my brain came up with an idea of sorts. Since the light from my television only kept me up now versus how it used to put me to sleep the quickest when I lived in the city, I needed an alternative without sacrificing much. It was then I came up with the concept of "sleep shows"; what are they? They are basically any show you've memorized by heart to which you can use your imagination to play through the scenes as you drift off into dreamland. It's a fairly simple concept:

1. You download the series of your choosing in whatever video format you want (so long as you can convert it)
2. You install a video to audio converter (I use AnyMP4 Video Converter)
3. You convert all videos of said series to MP3 (Medium Quality should do) and upload them to Google Drive or whatnot
4. You find an app that lets you download MP3 from Google Drive or whatnot (Maru Audo for Android is based)
5. You download the series you want to listen to and create playlists (better hope you have enough space on your phone)
6. You then listen to said show from the first episode up until you pass out
7. ??? ???
8. Best sleep you'll ever get

Has anyone tried creating their own "sleep shows" before? As a person who has constantly flowing thoughts at night, this ritual has been clutch over the years in providing me with the best sleep I could ever possibly dream of.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
this is not a bad idea tbh but i'm definitely too lazy to follow all those steps

i don't really have sleep shows. there are specific asmr videos i've listened to but they usually stop helping me fall asleep after a few nights. sometimes i'll just listen to music. but i haven't found anything that helps with bad sleepless nights.

Reactions: Ral

Leng

Illustrious
A light comedy I've already watched, but I just let it play on Netflix until I feel myself nodding off. I guess it helps clear the mind a bit, right now been trying Always Sunny.

That's kind of recent, normally I'd just stick with nothing but it does seem to help drifting off.

Reactions: Ral
Back