Soul Calibur Feat Discussion

Delirium Trigger

A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold. Again. Now in OLF form.

This will be a collection of feats and lore from Soul Edge to SCVI. Canon and not. Old Timeline and New. Free for all discussion. Please contribute. More information will be posted as I scour the internet or old games for feats. And a test thread before I dig up the other ones.

Delirium Trigger

[
How do the third party characters fit into the game? Is actual lore involved?
Mostly non-canon unless stated otherwise. If they have a bio in SC to use, then rely on that. Otherwise, I'd say separate from their respective verses' feats.

In SCVI, Geralt had a small part in the Libra Of Soul storyline and Mitsurugi's self-proclaimed rival in their Soul Chronicles.

Delirium Trigger

In SCVI, the PC "Conduit" in SCVI has the power to destroy, at minimum, a country or two through the energy of the Astral Fissures absorbed throughout the story, or be able to "change the world", according to Azwel, the main antagonist of the story.

Plus there are mythical gods like Hephaestus who gave Sophitia her divine combat abilities, along with Ares and Zeus.
8czjQsE.jpg

OLcoo6a.jpg

LixX8Im.jpg

I wasn't sure if there was a discussion for SCVI so I never bothered to bring these up or save more lore related pics. I'll probably go over the story if anyone's interested in potential feats.

The relevancy to Algol is that he subsumed that power from the PC...maybe? I don't remember what the other possibility is.

Zl01DKX.jpg

42E1NRq.jpg
A8aPyJp.jpg

Delirium Trigger

Xbox version, but here we have Sieg's crynokinesis reaching up to the top of the tower and Nightmares flames melting it away. Maybe evaporation.

Here's the explosion feat. SCV. 0:32.

Delirium Trigger

From the New Legends of Project Soul, a summary detailing the events from Soul Edge to SCV.
latest
latest
latest

In the SCIV page, the clash between Nightmare and Siegfried "annihilated" the Lost Cathedral.

Timeline of Soul Calibur pre-SCVI.

latest

A glossary of terms and phenomenon in Soul Calibur.
latest
Malfestation.

latest

Delirium Trigger

A collection of stage information and historical relevance, if any. Will detail later when the migration is finished.

The Other World: Astral Chaos
Only the strongest of souls can resist erasure or entrapment in Astral Chaos. Seems to be some sort of nebula and other celestial bodies in the one of the pictures, but it's also a surreal mess Dali would get wet over, so who knows how that can be seen.

Ivy created a cursed sword larva with alchemy and the cursed energies in her veins. No further word on baby Charade. She also attempted to recreate something akin to Soul Calibur.

latest

More on Astral Chaos.

latest

latest
latest
latest

Minor stuff, Pyrrha cuts open a gate to astral chaos, likely typical of Soul Edge wielders.

latest
Utopia of the Blessed.
Stage of heaven and hell, essentially.

latest

Delirium Trigger

latest

I'll try to properly gather them at a later time.

For now, if a wiki page for SC is remade, how would SCVI's retelling be factored into it? Would there be a separate profile for Old Timeline and New, or just a combination of both?

Delirium Trigger

latest

Patroklos trained under Setsuka and many other warriors.

Interesting note, Setsuka shattered Mitsurugi's prized blade, but got knocked out by a blow to the stomach.

latest

Omega Pyrrha>Azure Nightmare.

latest

Delirium Trigger

Comment posted by Blade

Feb 27, 2020
Delirium Trigger said:
A tale of souls and swords, eternally retold. Now in OBD form.

This will be a collection of feats and lore from Soul Edge to SCVI. Canon and not. Old Timeline and New. Free for all discussion. Please contribute. More information will be posted as I scour the internet or old games for feats.
@Kurou

come here as well

in sc4

algol created the tower of remembance which shook also the world, with sheer power alone

G0hgaF8.png

mtNGyvF.png

Zl01DKX.jpg

A8aPyJp.jpg

top tiers like algol, night terror, elysium and inferno are likely planet level

7:05 - 7:11

it punches a gigantic cloud piercing beam which cleared many clouds, in seconds

characters within nightmare's tier are at least city level+/island level

Delirium Trigger said:
What do we consider Sophitia and Cassandra's lightning summoning from the Gods/sky?

it is natural - gow style

not any magic imbued

they directly summon natural lighting from the sky = mhs speeds if someone reacted to them

it's been a long time to remember if someone was able to react or block it

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

In SCVI, the PC "Conduit" in SCVI has the power to destroy, at minimum, a country or two through the energy of the Astral Fissures absorbed throughout the story, or be able to "change the world", according to Azwel, the main antagonist of the story.

Plus there are mythical gods like Hephaestus who gave Sophitia her divine combat abilities, along with Ares and Zeus.
8czjQsE.jpg

OLcoo6a.jpg

LixX8Im.jpg

I wasn't sure if there was a discussion for SCVI so I never bothered to bring these up or save more lore related pics. I'll probably go over the story if anyone's interested in potential feats.

The relevancy to Algol is that he subsumed that power from the PC...maybe? I don't remember what the other possibility is.

Zl01DKX.jpg

42E1NRq.jpg
A8aPyJp.jpg

Don't forget that the Conduit should scale to folks like Siegfried/Nightmare and other characters around that level (you straight up have to fight Sieg to become strong enough to fight Azwel in the end, depending on your alignment).

So characters around that level should be solidly country level, at least.

Delirium Trigger

Don't forget that the Conduit should scale to folks like Siegfried/Nightmare and other characters around that level (you straight up have to fight Sieg to become strong enough to fight Azwel in the end, depending on your alignment).

So characters around that level should be solidly country level, at least.
That'll help with the tiering process.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Evil Seed was an event created by Soul Edge when Siegfried became its new owner. Throughout the series, the effects of this seed have been shown to spread all throughout the world, continuing well after the initial event, and has been capable of inflicting madness, turning others into malfested, and is also capable of raising the undead as of the new timeline.

In the new timeline, the effects has also been shown to cause Astral Fissures to appear in various areas around the world, once again continuing to do so even after Siegfried has broken free from Soul Edge. It is also explicitly mentioned by Zasalamel that Astral Fissures are rips in space and time, and are capable of turning anyone who lacks enough power into a malfested or destroying them outright.

It isn't exactly clear what the upper limits are to be classified as "weak" nearby an Astral Fissure, though it should be noted that characters such as Mitsurugi (as well as this game's incarnation of Geralt) are able to withstand being near one long enough to have a short bout with Geralt, as well as to be present for the Conduit's fight with Geralt.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Another thing I forgot to mention regarding Astral Fissures is the fact that, usually whenever an individual who is capable of withstanding its presence is nearby, it causes a Berserker to appear from the Astral Fissure. Berserkers are exceptionally powerful malfested that are capable of fighting the Conduit even after they have already defeated Azwel. Although in Geralt's story mode (as well as Libra of Soul) he appeared from the Astral Fissure instead, so this likely isn't 100% guaranteed, and it can be assumed that it's not just Berserkers, but anything from the Astral Chaos.

Keep in mind that not only is this happening all over the world, but also continuing to do so at this strength literal years after what is essentially a brief burst of energy created by Soul Edge, so it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume that anyone wielding Soul Edge could summon forth Astral Fissures on their own, if not do it passively.

Delirium Trigger

Another thing I forgot to mention regarding Astral Fissures is the fact that, usually whenever an individual who is capable of withstanding its presence is nearby, it causes a Berserker to appear from the Astral Fissure. Berserkers are exceptionally powerful malfested that are capable of fighting the Conduit even after they have already defeated Azwel. Although in Geralt's story mode (as well as Libra of Soul) he appeared from the Astral Fissure instead, so this likely isn't 100% guaranteed, and it can be assumed that it's not just Berserkers, but anything from the Astral Chaos.

Keep in mind that not only is this happening all over the world, but also continuing to do so at this strength literal years after what is essentially a brief burst of energy created by Soul Edge, so it wouldn't be too unreasonable to assume that anyone wielding Soul Edge could summon forth Astral Fissures on their own, if not do it passively.
When I get back to focusing on SC I'll go in depth, but in the old timeline, Pyrrha cuts open a gate to Astral Chaos with Soul Edge, which should back up the implications of summoning fissures.

Minor stuff, Pyrrha cuts open a gate to astral chaos, likely typical of Soul Edge wielders.

latest

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
@Blade
Kind of a shame we aint catch the portal opening from SE back in the old place

Would have helped Nightmare in a hell of a lot of battles considering his dc was always kind of ambiguous.

He could have just been chucking peeps into AC :skully

Delirium Trigger

@Blade
Kind of a shame we aint catch the portal opening from SE back in the old place

Would have helped Nightmare in a hell of a lot of battles considering his dc was always kind of ambiguous.

He could have just been chucking peeps into AC :skully

Here's the video of her cutting open a portal.
https://web.archive.org/web/20181024184232/https://streamable.com/u6dx8

Dumas!Nightmare can teleport. Siegfried!Nightmare should be able to as well.

https://web.archive.org/web/20181024181645/https://streamable.com/2crcy

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I remember in VI that the Cassandra of the new timeline encountered a malfested version of the original timeline's Cassandra, plus Zasalamel speaking to his incarnation from the orignal timeline. Not sure how this could apply to a VS setting, other than maybe Soul Edge having limited timeline manipulation through the Astral Chaos, but even that might be generous.

Back