Soul Calibur Feat Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Found this in New Legends of Project Soul which confirms my stance that Soul Edge users (and everyone who scales to them) should receive scaling from the top tiers, which means just about the entire cast eventually. Which should mean that the entire cast should be about planet level.

En414PD.png

Still, the fact remained that Soul Edge was only able to unleach its true potential when it changed into a form that suited its wielder. As such, if Soul Edge hoped to devour souls efficiently, it would have to find a worthy host and change its form accordingly.

Straight up saying that Soul Edge wielders = Inferno in power. Top tiers are still top tiers and they're generally staying the same, but the rest of the verse is no doubt receiving a massive boost from this.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Soooo.... was looking through some gameplay videos when I suddenly rememebered Elysium's Critical Edge in SCV. Which, to summarize, involves her attacking the enemy by summoning light.

Considering that Soul Calibur has been able to create similar light on several other occasions (in other words, basically every time it appears), along with the fact that characters are capable of reacting to and blocking this attack as it comes out? Well, I'm not going to jump to any conclusions myself, but I will say that this series has had probably some of the biggest recent boosts hiding right there in plain sight. Maybe.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Since I'm still not 100% convinced this series isn't universal, and the idea of universal SC is a highly contended one, I feel like I should post this nuclear take.

Through the intro text of the various SW characters, we know that the writers use the terms 'universe' and 'dimension' interchangably, while the more fantasy-themed Algol uses the term 'world'. In the same way the 'universes' and 'dimensions' in the SW intros are affected in the same ways as other 'worlds' within the series, showing the authors clearly intend for the term 'world' to mean universe. If they didn't intend for either of them to mean 'universe', they wouldn't have used that term.

nblzbsr.png

Even if that part is disregarded, the fact that these terms are used interchangably in this way provides a lot more context to instances in New Legends of Project Soul when the Astral Chaos is referred to as a 'dimension'. Which, reminder, was made after SCIV had released. Hell, it even uses the terms 'dimension' and 'world' interchangably when describing it.
latest

latest

Furthermore, in that same book, the Astral Chaos is stated to be capable of destroying worlds if mastered.
latest

In order to master the flow of chaos, one must be solid yet flexible, good yet evil. Anyone who could achieve this impossible balance would become the absolute ruler of all, creating and destroying entire worlds as they saw fit.

When taken with the intent of world = dimension = universe, this is about as blatant as it gets. You can disregard the canonicity of guest characters, but you can't disregard the author's intention on the series cosmology. We've accepted more for less. :cat

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Fygul Cestemus is the cult responsible for the creation of Astaroth, as well as transforming the warrior Aeon Calcos into Lizardman. Their goal is to destroy all things in order to act upon the cycle of destruction and rebirth. Interestingly enough, the mere existence of planetary priests all but confirms the existence of other planets other than Earth.
kLtiPsy.jpg

Additional information is found within the older (and now defunct) Soul Archive, an official site centered around the series. The site is Japanese only, but there's this bit found within the page for Fygul Cestemus: https://web.archive.org/web/2015061...archive.jp/tmr/soulcalibur/wwsc/03_jakyou.htm
sZ5y7Pg.png

Putting it through Google Translate, we get this:
dUW6aRL.png

Obviously it's broken English, but it also refers to mention of Fygul Cestemus aiming to destroy and recreate the universe, destroying the gods by the end of the process. It even uses 宇宙, the Japanese word for 'universe', or 'space'.

Perhaps there might be additional bits of lore hidden away by language barriers. :pepesip

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Aeon Calcos
One of the strongest Spartans in Greece, likely became stronger after his transformation into Lizardman, though he began to lose his humanity. Later had power bestowed upon him by Ares, most notably the ability to gain the power of anyone he devours, including memories and likely experience, making up for his loss of humanity.
Question (not an argument but a question): Why does this qualify him to be in the Mid Tier/Country Level exactly?

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Question (not an argument but a question): Why does this qualify him to be in the Mid Tier/Country Level exactly?
Should be noted that this is inherently outdated as I've scraped pretty much every other bit of the series since then (or at least I thought I did until I found Soul Archive through wayback machine). It's far more likely he should be much higher. As a member of Schwarzstrom he should scale to the likes of Ivy and Astaroth. Both of whom, while inferior to Nightmare, should still be in the same ballpark (given Nightmare made plans to prevent Astaroth from directly betraying and killing him, and Ivy has proven herself superior to Astaroth).

Not to mention, Aeon has slain numerous holy warriors in combat, the term "holy warrior" includes characters such as Sophitia Alexandra.
mLTci0O.png

Even the Conduit is considered a holy warrior during the events of Libra of Soul during their fight with Sophitia, after they were given a blessed weapon by Hephaestus.

Sophitia (alongside Taki) was one of two characters who managed to defeat Cervantes, not to mention scaling to the likes of Siegfried (who could defeat Inferno without Soul Calibur) and Mitsurugi (who made Algol long for a rematch). Due to both of their status as holy warriors, it shouldn't be unreasonable to say they're similar from that alone. Even though Sophitia is likely >= Aeon, that's still more than enough to put him well above the mid tiers of the verse.

New Legends of Project Soul also says that he has slain and eaten a dragon before, but the only dragons that actually appear in the series are in Legends, so we can't exactly do anything with that info other than he's "probably not actually mid tier."

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Zasalamel implies the Evil Seed (or at least, a second one) would be capable of destroying the planet.

nLNAiF4.jpg

In the same conversation, Azwel states the Ultimate Seed would "far exceed" the Evil Seed.
C2TnyWc.jpg

Since the Conduit >> Azwel w/ the Ultimate Seed, and the Conduit happens to scale to pretty much everyone in the cast, this is only further proof that the cast is at least around planet+.

The stuff in the Soul Archive reminded me to make a post of sorts regarding the scaling between the main cast and the gods of the verse, since I 100% remember some stuff about the two swords being > the gods of the setting. But I'll have to go back and check.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So I potentially found a translation for the Soul Archive's description on the Great Cleansing on Reddit. Obviously it's well, Reddit, but when you compare it to one of the previous posts, and it's FAR more legible than whatever Google Translate's got.

bf7uex57ly7a1.png

R07JpfY.png

So IF this is correct, we can now confirm two things:
1: Going against the current (in this case, the cycle of destruction and creation) will supposedly cause the universe to disappear.
2: The Great Cleansing destroys all the gods first, recreating the universe once they are reborn.

Keep in mind this was all written back when SC1 was out, and it wasn't until SC3 that comparisons between the two swords and the gods were made in terms of power.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Finding out where the gods are probably placed is actually rather useful in the grand scheme of things, since there are actually a handful of statements that seem to imply they're similar in level to the two swords, as well as a select few characters (outside of scaling).

Azwel, near the latter portion of Libra of Soul, compares the Conduit to the gods in power. He then goes on to state that the Conduit's power at this point is a key component in creating the Ultimate Seed, as well as stating the Ultimate Seed also uses the energy of the heavens and earth's own energies. It should be noted that Azwel is a highly intelligent researcher, specializing in knowledge of the two swords and their effects, itself the reason why his weapons of choice are a pair of gauntlets infused with fragments of the two swords.

Furthermore, Olcadan, who is a peer to Edge Master and just as ancient, believed himself powerful enough to challenge the gods themselves. Olcadan views Soul Edge and Soul Calibur as the most powerful opponents in his era, believing them to rival the gods.

Also, while Night Terror's appearance in Soul Calibur 3 isn't canon, it's worth noting that Night Terror is the only character that Olcadan actually views as a worthy opponent. Since he views every other character as being far below him in power.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Decided to go through Chronicles of the Sword, since I never actually completed it back in the day. As for anything notable? Pretty much nothing.

Only Strife and the Cadet receive any noteworthy scaling, since Strife ends up being a wielder of Soul Edge, and is defeated by the Cadet while using it. Other characters do appear in the mode, but only as optional encounters that have no impact on the story. Everyone else who appears is virtually fearless.

Not the most exciting stuff, but it's worth mentioning just because it's still better than Libra of Soul after all these years, even in spite of Soul Calibur 3's MK2-level AI. The only logical step I need to take before I've covered effectively everything is to actually play through all of Legends... but if the TF2 thread is anything to go by, my ADHD isn't going to make that happen for a while :pepohug

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Replaying COTS again (mode was clearly made for it tbh) and I remembered that halfway through the story, the Cadet ends up fighting Luna, with the latter wielding Soul Calibur.

(Using someone else's playthrough since I don't feel like recording my own + context is important)

Really this whole thing is hilarious because this scales to pretty much all of the major characters in the mode's story... which in turn acts as more evidence that just about everyone in this series gets planet level scaling :russ

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
As mentioned before, the final fight ends with the Cadet fighting a Soul Edge-wielding Strife, so even within the context of Chronicles of the Sword this isn't a one-off event.

Back