Soul Calibur Feat Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

Soul Edge and Soul Calibur showing planet and even universe level feats. The latter is an outlier without a doubt, but there might be additional planet level feats if I look closely. Wouldn't suggest jumping the gun just yet though.

Delirium Trigger

Soul Edge and Soul Calibur showing planet and even universe level feats. The latter is an outlier without a doubt, but there might be additional planet level feats if I look closely. Wouldn't suggest jumping the gun just yet though.

I have feats/statements that suggest the former in my earlier posts. The universe stuff stems from the Star Wars guest characters' story mode, likely rendering it non-canon to SC.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
country level+ sieg and the other top tiers, is good

they backed up even more the feats i had posted, almost 1,5 year ago on fanzverse

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So uh, I took a bit of a closer look at this.

Starting at around 12:50, Zasalamel transforms into Abyss, who is canonically his alter ego. When he actually transforms, it destroys and transforms the Lost Cathedral. Main thing to talk about here is that, after transforming into Abyss, there is a solar eclipse in the background.

The eclipse only lasts until he was canonically defeated by both Nightmare and Siegfried, in which it disappears soon after.

Granted this should apply to characters on this level only from the old timeline, but we could still probably yield some good results from this. Abyss should still exist within the new timeline's Zasalamel, as he uses many of his abilities during Soul Charge and eludes to it a few times during the story modes. But that depends entirely on whether or not Zasalamel himself should scale to himself from the old timeline due to his nature, though he does at least refer to that version as his "future self", so it's potentially possible.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Zasalamel actually transforms into Abyss before facing the Conduit, displaying some amount of reality warping in the process.

We know this is meant to be Abyss by the in-game description, as well as Zasalamel being in a state of permanent Soul Charge during the mission itself, which has many of Abyss's unique attacks. He doesn't look like Abyss in-game but that's probably because SCIV had a comparatively small budget. It should also be noted that the Conduit doesn't stand a chance during this fight, as in you can't even damage Zasalamel, and you're actually meant to just survive until time runs out. He even refers to the ordeal as a 'trial'.

What's really interesting, however, is what comes next during the last fight with Zasalamel. He explains the story of Algol, how his soul is currently trapped within the Astral Chaos, and how he can sense Algol within the Conduit. Zasalamel also considers Algol to be a threat to his plans, which is interesting. What follows is Algol's spirit temporarily subsumes the Conduit's, taking control of the Conduit's body in the process. It's enough to transport both parties into the Astral Chaos during their fight, and force Zasalamel to stop holding back.

Things really ramp up when we look back at Algol. During the last patch, additional story content was added to Soul Chronicle. Among this content was the inclusion of Iska Acht. One of her interactions with Siegfried has her directly mentioning the events of the once-thought non-canon Soulcalibur Legends, though Siegfried doesn't know what she's talking about.

Iska Acht's museum entry even lists her as being the same being as Iska Farkas, who was a character unique to Soulcalibur Legends. The game itself wasn't canon, but people speculated it simply took place in Siegfried's head as he was Nightmare, during the original timeline. Right now, though, it could be possible that it took place in an entirely separate timeline. Although, nothing is confirmed.

Probably the biggest thing of all, however, is her interactions during Mitsurugi's interlude. Iska Acht directly confronts Mitsurugi, taking onthe forms of Cervantes, Nightmare, and Inferno. Immediately after the battle, however, Algol himself speaks to Mitsurugi. He mentions the battle they had during the original timeline and asks for a rematch, though Mitsurugi doesn't know what he's talking about.

This all but confirms that characters residing mainly in the Astral Chaos such as Algol, Night Terror, or Elysium are explicitly outside any of the timelines. Which makes scaling with them a lot easier. It also supports the arguement to be made about putting Abyss along with the top tiers of the verse, which is further helped by the eclipse feat in the previous post. Along with the aforementioned scaling of Nightmare and Siegfried canonically defeating Abyss in Soulcalibur III. Which could potentially be assisted by Algol actively seeking out both Soul Edge and Soul Calibur during V, as he views himself as being the only person worthy enough to wield said swords.

Soul Calibur II - Description for Necrid's Infernal Edge weapon. Over time it will eventually have enough power to consume the life force of a star. Can disrupt the flow of time.
latest

Soul Calibur II - Necrid's ultimate weapon, Chaos. A substance from which all existence is comprised. It consists of life, space, and time.
latest

Soul Calibur III - Siegfried moving in tandem with the lightning bolt from the sky.

Soul Calibur III - Yun-Seong moving comparable with the lightning bolt.
ikp6c3d.gif
OzuV8cv.gif

Soul Calibur III - Raphael with the lightning bolt. (0:19)

Soul Calibur III - Yoshimitsu with the lightning bolt.

Soul Calibur III - Abelia with the lightning bolt. (2:16)

Soul Calibur III - Abelia summoning the lightning bolt to strike. This lightning bolt doesn't seem like a special effect. (1:55)

New Legends of Project Soul - When Siegfried first wields Soul Edge, it unleashes a wave of energy that showered the entire world.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Refers to Soul Edge as an eternal entity.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Mitsurugi fought Algol in SCIV that ended in a draw.
latest
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Edge Master describes if the Astral Chaos is left open, it would "consume the entire world". Edge Master is also eternal.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Edge Master can link with the Astral Chaos and gain fighting techniques beyond the mortal world if he wants to.
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_097.jpg

New Legends of Project Soul - Kilik is infected by the Astral Chaos, forged link with lost souls within Astral Chaos, which is how he learns several fighting styles. His staff, the Kali-Yuga, has the power to shut down the gates of the Astral Chaos. The staff can absorb the energy seeping out of the Astral Chaos, potentially risking Kilik losing his mind and becoming a Malfested or a second Soul Edge.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Aeon via Lizardman can gain traits and memories from other animals or lifeforms if he devours them, like his wings and breathing fire for example. Aeon was also one of the 24 holy warriors of Hephaestus, and used to have his own holy weapons.
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_092.jpg
Soul_Calibur_New_Legends_Of_Project_Soul_093.jpg

Soul Calibur III - Abyss's stage describing his power. The description and background look like he caused a solar eclipse, covered the entire sky with clouds, and caused volcanic activity and meteor showers. (0:41)

The showdown that took place in this cathedral of light and water was tainted by Zasalamel, the man who seeks death.

At that time, the sun faded away, as if overcome by evil, and though it was midday, the world became shrouded in darkness. Abyss, the terrible entity created by Soul Calibur and Soul Edge destroyed the cathedral itself.

The energy released by Abyss caused the power of the earth to awaken. Billowing clouds of steam began to rise from the grounds of this palace built upon the nexus of the world's spiritual energy lines.

The pure light took on an evil glow and began to twist the hearts of men. The pure water swirled violently and became muddy, releasing the odour of death. This once holy place was turned into a violent land ruled by terror...

latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Algol could create and destroy worlds if he were to master the Astral Chaos.
latest

Soul Calibur III - Astaroth with the fragment of Soul Edge resisted being controlled by Kunpaetku.

Soul Calibur III - Looks like Cervantes was the one to intensify the weather and the ocean current.

Soul Calibur III - The Evil Seed that drives people insane reached from the west in Europe to the east in China.

Last edited:

Delirium Trigger

Soul Calibur II - Description for Necrid's Infernal Edge weapon. Over time it will eventually have enough power to consume the life force of a star. Can disrupt the flow of time.
latest

Soul Calibur II - Necrid's ultimate weapon, Chaos. A substance from which all existence is comprised. It consists of life, space, and time.
latest

Soul Calibur III - Siegfried moving in tandem with the lightning bolt from the sky.

Soul Calibur III - Yun-Seong moving comparable with the lightning bolt.
ikp6c3d.gif
OzuV8cv.gif

Soul Calibur III - Raphael with the lightning bolt. (0:19)

Soul Calibur III - Yoshimitsu with the lightning bolt.

Soul Calibur III - Abelia with the lightning bolt. (2:16)

Soul Calibur III - Abelia summoning the lightning bolt to strike. This lightning bolt doesn't seem like a special effect. (1:55)

New Legends of Project Soul - When Siegfried first wields Soul Edge, it unleashes a wave of energy that showered the entire world.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Refers to Soul Edge as an eternal entity.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Mitsurugi fought Algol in SCIV that ended in a draw.
latest
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Edge Master describes if the Astral Chaos is left open, it would "consume the entire world". Edge Master is also eternal.
latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Kilik is infected by the Astral Chaos, forged link with lost souls within Astral Chaos, which is how he learns several fighting styles. His staff, the Kali-Yuga, has the power to shut down the gates of the Astral Chaos. The staff can absorb the energy seeping out of the Astral Chaos, potentially risking Kilik losing his mind and becoming a Malfested or a second Soul Edge.
latest

Soul Calibur III - Abyss's stage describing his power. The description and background look like he caused a solar eclipse, covered the entire sky with clouds, and caused volcanic activity and meteor showers. (0:41)

The showdown that took place in this cathedral of light and water was tainted by Zasalamel, the man who seeks death.

At that time, the sun faded away, as if overcome by evil, and though it was midday, the world became shrouded in darkness. Abyss, the terrible entity created by Soul Calibur and Soul Edge destroyed the cathedral itself.

The energy released by Abyss caused the power of the earth to awaken. Billowing clouds of steam began to rise from the grounds of this palace built upon the nexus of the world's spiritual energy lines.

The pure light took on an evil glow and began to twist the hearts of men. The pure water swirled violently and became muddy, releasing the odour of death. This once holy place was turned into a violent land ruled by terror...

latest

New Legends of Project Soul - Algol could create and destroy worlds if he were to master the Astral Chaos.
latest

Soul Calibur III - Astaroth with the fragment of Soul Edge resisted being controlled by Kunpaetku.

Soul Calibur III - Looks like Cervantes was the one to intensify the weather and the ocean current.

Soul Calibur III - The Evil Seed that drives people insane reached from the west in Europe to the east in China.

Not sure if I'd take the guard break/unlockable attacks as examples of lightning timing, but the other feats are fine.

Best to use Cassandra and Sophitia's actual lightning summoning as feats.

Not sure if I'd take the guard break/unlockable attacks as examples of lightning timing, but the other feats are fine.

Best to use Cassandra and Sophitia's actual lightning summoning as feats.
Abelia's seems to be the only one that is legit in SCIII, where she holds her sword up and the lightning hits the opponent.

Soul Calibur VI - Cassandra summoning lightning from her moveset.

Soul Calibur VI - Sophitia summoning lightning from her moveset.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So the artbook refers to the core of the Astral Chaos as the Star of Chaos. Which somewhat resembles a (very) small star, other than it's black, but it otherwise seems like a fancy name. Although there are stars in the background of the Astral Chaos stages in both SC1 and 3.

I'll post more about it when I get back home and I'm on my PC.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
More on Astral Chaos.

latest

latest
latest
latest

Among the traits of the Astral Chaos is the Star of Chaos, which acts as the "core" to the Astral Chaos. Which initially just seems like a fancy name. However, it is possible the Astral Chaos has multiple stars residing within. As can be seen within the depictions of the Astral Chaos in both Soulcalibur I and III.

In the case of III, the stars are in greater detail, and multiple planets (including one similar to Jupiter) can be seen in the background.

Remember that the Astral Chaos is formed from the souls Soul Edge has absorbed, as well as it being the manifestation of Soul Edge's inner world.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Might do a tier list in the future. Will probably focus primarily on new timeline versions to make things easier on myself for the time being, though I'm too tired to start working on it right now.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
With that said I actually remembered... this.

A weird sort of pseudo-guest character who is a supposed planetbuster, sent to destroy the earth. Though apparently her home series references the events of SCIV, and she appears in a relationship chart exclusive to Broken Destiny. Which otherwise excludes all other guest characters.

Not sure on what to think. Personally I'm still leaning towards this being non-canon.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
On mobile right now so don't be surprised if the formatting sucks. Anyway, the interlude in SCVI pretty much retcons Legends being non-canon. Not really any other details, but with that along with Soul Edge existing outside time, I decided to look at some Soul Edge-related feats, since those are the only ones that matter in the long run.

Right away in the game's prologue, the Evil Seed creates hordes of monsters that rampage across the world. Obviously this never happened in the main timelines, but with Soul Edge being the way it is, along with some of the non-malfested, non-human enemies that appear in VI, it's possible Soul Edge can just do this.

Me being lazy and skipping to the last boss. (I'll look through the rest of the game later lol) The final boss is Iska Farkas, who as stated earlier is the same being as Iska Acht in VI. Here he uses the power of both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge to transform the environment to the Astral Chaos.

Multiple planets and stars can be seen in the background, though the latter is a bit harder to see (hence why I used this video, it had the best quality). We can also see what's presumed to be the Star of Chaos in the background.

Also, there's galaxies in the background, but galaxy level Soulcalibur is for VSBW to believe :russ

Although, it is something that lends a bit more credence to top tiers in SC being planet level+, at least.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Don't mind me, I'm just here to post about my boy Zasalamel.
wmn6sqc.jpg

Zasalamel was part of an ancient tribe tasked with protecting Soul Calibur. When he was found trying to take the sword himself, he was exiled from the tribe. He spent his time searching for forbidden knowledge until he learned the art of reincarnation.

Not even Soul Edge is capable of preventing him from resurrecting.

Zasalamel is also highly skilled with magic, which is where the bulk of his hax comes from. Much of this comes from his ability to fire energy blasts or use telekinesis. Though he is also capable of stopping and slowing down time:

1:28 and 7:54

He is also capable of dimensional manipulation (and easy BFRs) to some extent. Something that is backed up by his appearances in Libra of Soul.

However, the bulk of Zasalamel's true power comes from Abyss, who, as mentioned earlier, is capable of blatant reality warping, and was able to cause a solar eclipse with his mere presence. Abyss's power is great enough that it forced Inferno and a Siegfried wielding Soul Calibur to team up in order for him to be defeated. Abyss was also more than capable of stomping the Conduit in Libra of Soul, and was only faced with a challenge when the Conduit was posessed by and started drawing power from Algol himself. It should come to no surprise that he's easily one of the top tiers of the verse, maybe even among the top 3.
bxaOhec.gif

Anyways Ima dip for now

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Alright, here's a basic tier list, lemme know what you guys think. Most of this is pretty fast and loose since pretty much everyone scales to each other in some way or another, along with reasonings behind said positions. I'll also be using primarily New Timeline versions of each character unless otherwise noted.

God Tier (At least planet level+):
Night Terror
Stated that not even Algol dare face it. The undisputed strongest character in the verse.
Algol
Stated to be the strongest being in the verse at the time of SCIV. Can possess high tiers and grant them power to match top tiers despite being sealed within the Astral Chaos.

Top Tier (Planet level+):
Abyss
Required both Siegfried w/ Soul Calibur and Inferno to team up to be defeated. Potentially a rival to Algol and possible god tier.
Heishiro Mitsurugi (Old Timeline)
Fought Algol for a very short time before the duel was cut short and Algol was sealed away. The fact that he didn't die immediately and have Algol asking for a rematch is more than enough to place him here, however.
Siegfried Schtauffen (Legends)
With only Requiem managed to defeat a Soul Calibur-wielding Masked Emperor and Iska Farkas moments after, the latter wielding both Soul Calibur and Soul Edge. Potentially much higher.
Siegfried Schtauffen w/ Soul Calibur
Superior to Inferno. Techinically anyone with Soul Calibur should be at this level, but Siegfried should be slightly higher due to defeating much stronger version of Inferno at the time.
Elysium
Should be equal to or slightly lesser than Siegfried, considering she was defeated by a Patroklos who should be less experienced with Soul Calibur. Otherwise she should be relatively equal to other wielders of Soul Calibur.
Inferno
Is at his strongest point during the events of SCIV. Even before then, he has created multiple planets and other celestial objects made from the souls he has consumed.
Necrid :maybe
Has weapons that are able to gradually absorb the life force of a star, disrupt the flow of time, and are created from life, space, and time. That being said he ran in fear at the sight of Inferno and was almost immediately corrupted into his current form. Realistically he's probably much lower but I want to know your guys' input.

High Tier (Country level+):
Edge Master
An eternal being who is without a doubt the most skilled fighter in the setting. Can also link with the Astral Chaos and gain fighting abilities from other worlds. Likely much higher on this list.
Olcadan
Should be roughly equal to Edge Master.
Zasalamel
Easily one of the strongest high tiers, he should be similar in experience and power to Edge Master. Cannot be killed by even Soul Edge's power. In his true form as Abyss he's easily one of the strongest top tiers.
Kilik
Has fought with or defeated many other characters of this tier. With Kali-Yuga he has the potential to rank much higher, potentially top tier level.
Pyrrha Omega
Oneshotted Z.W.E.I., albeit as a surprise attack. Supposedly considered to be one of the strongest wielders of Soul Edge via New Legends of Project Soul. Feats-wise she should be equal to or above Sieg!Nightmare, could probably rank higher overall.
Nightmare (Siegfried)
Stomps nearly every character below him. At minimum he should be well above Siegfried in base.
Sophitia Alexandra
Defeated Cervantes alongside Taki. Managed to defeat Siegfried and partially heal him.
Taki
Defeated Cervantes alongside Sophita. Has also fought numerous other characters of both high and mid tier.
Cervantes de Leon
Was the first individual to actually take control of Soul Edge. Would rank much higher when wielding Soul Edge specifically, though he's still more than capable of casually fighting against a post-Azwel Conduit and easily defeating Ivy.
Iska Acht
Confirmed to be the same being as Iska Farkas from Soulcalibur Legends. Exists within the Astral Chaos and perhaps has connections to Z.W.E.I. and Algol. Potentially caused Siegfried to turn back into Nightmare. Fought against Mitsurugi. Granted malfested power to a monk such that he could fight against Hwang. Likely the new main villain from here on out.
Hwang Seong-gyeong
Has a shard of Soul Edge inside of him, but countered its effects through his training in Taoist magic and use of Talismans. Also a rival to Mitsurugi. Additionally, he managed to defeat (with high difficulty) a fully transformed malfested, which would normally stomp the likes of the Conduit and likely many other characters of this tier. Likely ranks higher on this list.
Siegfried Schtauffen
His power was required to be absorbed by the Conduit to defeat Azwel, so he's easily on this level. Has partial resistance to Soul Edge's influence, though he eventually fell to it once more.
The Conduit
Managed to defeat an Ultimate Seed-empowered Azwel and a fully-powered Groh. Is also capable of absorbing Astral Fissures for more power. Also jobs a lot which makes scaling ridiculously difficult.
Heishiro Mitsurugi (New Timeline)
Was able to fight on relatively even ground with a post-Azwel Conduit. Also was able to be in the presence of an Astral Fissure for a longer period of time than most. Additionally, he survived being within the Astral Chaos and fought against Iska Acht, so he could be much higher.
Azwel
With the Ultimate Seed he was capable of destroying a country or two. Stomped a base Groh and survived him in full power.
Groh
Has fought with numerous other mid to high tiered characters. Using his full power as an Outsider he becomes capable of harming Azwel and fighting an endgame Conduit.
Cassandra Alexandra
Less experienced than Sophitia, though her equipment grants her power and fighting skill from the gods. Could also be higher.

Mid Tier (Country level):
Z.W.E.I.
Defeated a pre-Alpha Patroklos as well as Dumas!Nightmare. Could be higher.
Nightmare (Graf Dumas)
Considered "pathetic" compared to the original Nightmare, though he is still far above most other mid tiers, however. Considering this Nightmare is using Raphael's dead body as the host, pretty much anything pertaining to the Original Timeline's Raphael could scale to this Nightmare, and might place him higher.
Patroklos Alexandra
Has fought numerous other characters, including Siegfried, though after gaining Soul Calibur and becoming Alpha Patroklos he's easily top tier.
Tira
Fought with the Conduit and (a likely non-serious) Zasalamel for a bit.
Yoshimitsu
Should be stronger and have more control over his abilities after he was purified by Sophitia.
Chai Xianghua
Below Kilik but still able to operate on a similar level. With Soul Calibur's power she's an easy top tier.
Isabella Valentine
Genius alchemist, was born with part of Soul Edge's power and her sword (which she can freely control) also has a shard of Soul Edge. Has defeated Astaroth and Seong Mi-na, and fought with Taki. Potentially much higher.
Setsuka
Defeated a malfested Gyobu Kokonoe, who had a shard of Soul Edge. Should likely be similar (if somewhat lesser) to Shugen Kokonoe, who fought evenly with Mitsurugi.
Astaroth
Has the memories of several fallen warriors, granting him suprisingly high intelligence and fighting experience. Is also powered by a god, and his axe Kulutues bestows upon him additional strength and fighitng skill. Should also be somewhat immortal, and managed to potentially kill Maxi.
Aeon Calcos
One of the strongest Spartans in Greece, likely became stronger after his transformation into Lizardman, though he began to lose his humanity. Later had power bestowed upon him by Ares, most notably the ability to gain the power of anyone he devours, including memories and likely experience, making up for his loss of humanity.
Voldo
Fought against Ivy and the Conduit.
Maxi
Has fought with and defeated Yoshimitsu (albeit before the latter was purified). Defeated Astaroth with extreme difficulty, though he eventually succumbed to his wounds after.
Hildegard von Krone
Has fought several malfested of varying strengths. Potentially higher via scaling from Johan.
Raphael Sorel
Defeated the Conduit after poisoning them before the battle began, though Raphael admitted that he would have easily lost had he not made said preparations. Still, the fact that there was a fight at all means he could rank higher. Should otherwise be superior to Amy.
Seong Mi-na
Fought against a partially malfested Gabok, who was strong enough to kill Han-myeong. Fought against but was defeated by Ivy but survived, so that counts for something.
Amy Sorel
Has defeated malfested. Also was involved with Azwel that'll likely influence her to become Viola in this timeline.
Mass Produced Astaroth
A lone Astaroth managed to surprise and injure a Soul Calibur-wielding Patroklos, though it was defeated. Occasionally gain the fighting experience of the original Astaroth due to having cores based on the original Astaroth's. Otherwise pretty much fodder.
Rock
Defeated (a much weaker version of) Aeon. Was defeated by Astaroth. Though his fighting style was what Mass Produced Astaroths were based on, if that counts for anything.
Talim
Knocked out the Conduit with her wind, I guess? Otherwise she's basically featless.

Bottom Tier (Wall to Building level?):
Pyrrha Alexandra
Has defeated multiple soldiers. Fought Original Timeline Voldo, who shouldn't receive the same scaling as his New Timeline version. Basically helpless.
Dampierre (lmao)
Literally the Dan Hibiki of Soulcalibur.

Last edited:

Prited95

A lot of useful information on Soul Calibur is always important for a beginner) I'm also relatively new to the game, but I've already started to understand a little bit about the character tier list. The message above with the thesis characterization of characters is quite handy. But I additionally found a source where there is an opportunity to explore in detail all the key and secondary features of each one. Such a thing is useful to the players, regardless of gameplay experience, because it is unreal to know everything about everyone)

Last edited:

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
My dumb ass just remembered that at the end of Soul Edge, after Cervantes was defeated, Siegfried approached the non-destroyed half of Soul Edge and ended up fighting Inferno. I'm not going to bother thinking about how this affects scaling right now (if it should at all), I'll come back to this later lmao. But it's at least interesting to know

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I am 100% willing to hear out any criticism here, because it's possible this may be the series' biggest boost. And it has to do with guest characters. Partially. Mostly. Basically. :maybe

It was mentioned before a bit earlier, but now that I have more detail this time: in the story modes for Darth Vader and Yoda in SCIV, Soul Edge and Soul Calibur are capable of distorting universes, and their effects can be felt from other universes.

So we at least know that Soul Edge can explicitly affect other universes, and that the series doesn't shy away from universal levels of power. But lets say this stuff is non-canon, and disregard everything I just said. Which is perfectly fair, honestly.

However, there exists one guest character whose presence is explicitly canon within Soul Calibur: Geralt. Geralt is very explicitly tied to the story of SCVI, between having his own story mode in the game, to having his own interactions within the Astral Chaos, to fighting Mitsurugi and the Conduit in Libra of Soul. Hell, in the latter he actually travels around the world for a bit before he eventually leaves, and several NPCs acknowledge and reference his actions and presence.

Said story mode explains that the Evil Seed's aftereffects could be detected from other worlds.
u5gdiPg.png

Even if we were to disregard the Star Wars story modes, we simply can't disregard Geralt's story mode in SCVI. Obviously it's this game's own version of Geralt, but he actually has a legitimate place within the story. And between this, the connections between the two timelines, the canonization and integration of Legends, and everything to do with the Astral Chaos in general (with it existing outside time and its ability to destroy and create worlds): we might be getting somewhere.

All in all, we might actually have a multiverse on our hands. After all, I'm not so sure we can continue calling these worlds just "planets" anymore. Maybe universe level SC is more than a pipe dream? :cat

This might be the most controversial thing I'll find myself posting, so lemme know what you guys think about this one :supercat

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
This was also mentioned briefly by me earlier in this thread and a few others, but during the events of Soul Edge, Siegfried manages to defeat Inferno without the use of Requiem or Soul Calibur. This should apply to both timelines, given the intro of SC6 shows Siegfried taking Soul Edge, presumably after defeating Inferno.
PyeuauV.png

Also, Xianghua and Kilik (both who scale to pretty much everyone) end up defeating Nightmare and later Inferno during the events of SC1. Granted, Xianghua had Soul Calibur when fighting the latter, but Kilik had no such equipment or boosts. At least, not in the original timeline, whereas in the new timeline he gains a power boost from Kali-Yuga potentially becoming another Soul Edge.

Even then, new timeline Kilik when amped is still able to fight evenly with the Conduit, who himself scales to pretty much everyone. Hell, the Conduit is even capable of facing off against Inferno directly. And considering it never made much sense in the first place for Soul Edge to suddenly become way weaker just because it's being held by someone, it really shouldn't be too much of a stretch to say that just about everyone in the roster gets scaling from the top tiers.

Back