Spambots be gone!

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
As of today, there shall be no more spambots! If you see any after this post, they are most likely the residuals from when they slipped passed our spaminator radar and are already registered users prior to me purchasing and installing this add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resou...-spaminator-stop-spam-bot-registrations.7410/

If you see a spambot shitposter, please report them, and let us staff members begin the deportation process into their final resting places :blobnotgood

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
ngl i'm gonna miss them.
You jinxed it smh what a waste of $30 :blobfacade

Clearly, since they have evolved, I'll be doing a temp Mbxx, and putting registration on approval-only for the time being until we can get these baddies under control :pepecool:

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I'll be doing a temp Mbxx, and putting registration on approval-only for the time being until we can get these baddies under control :pepecool:
Instead of going down this route, I added more spaminator options while I have a chat with the dev about the add-on I recently purchased because it's doing it's job locating bots, but it should not let them successfully register afterwards regardless.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Looks like Akismet is actually putting work in and deleting spambot posts before we even get to them :smugsloth

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Another update seeing as the dev responded:
If they are in the Spaminator log, they never registered. The ones posting are probably human registrations that hand off the posting to their automated program.
So much wasted effort just to post shit CBD ads... :blobnotgood

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Akismet putting in work! Blocked over 20 spambots so far since I enabled that extra measure.

My apologizes to those who share the same stupid ISP who decided to re-share the same IP to a few users on this forum and went on thread/post approval.... Cox users beware, Cox is COCKS :smugsloth

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Are you sure these people coming in are actually people and NOT spambots? I'm only wondering that as it doesn't seem like they are posting... at all.
I know you guys have the difference but it is at the back of my mind.
It's because I've deployed various spam detection measures; some get through sign up as humans and allow their spambot automation to take place, and then either Akismet or StopForumSpam takes over. There is another measure, which adds hidden fields that only spambots can see because they are set to fill any form fields out on a sign up form, regardless if it's hidden or not. If they fill all of the dummy fields out, they get put in the Gulag.

It's because I've deployed various spam detection measures; some get through sign up as humans and allow their spambot automation to take place, and then either Akismet or StopForumSpam takes over. There is another measure, which adds hidden fields that only spambots can see because they are set to fill any form fields out on a sign up form, regardless if it's hidden or not. If they fill all of the dummy fields out, they get put in the Gulag.

Ah okay, I was just making sure that's all.

Reactions: Ral
Back