Street Fighter: discussion, feats, and analysis

Great Potato

Preeminent
Street Fighter 6 impresses. I feel Dee Jay got the biggest glow-up. His design never appealed to me and never seemed a match for what they were doing with the characters, but now I believe he looks like one of the best in a cast where there are no bad designs.

Rashid may have been my favorite new addition from SFV, so I'm eager to see where they end up taking him. Ed never did anything for me, but I'll give SF6 Ed a chance to win me over. Akuma is Akuma and the game wouldn't feel complete if he didn't find his way in eventually, might as well get it out of the way early.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
most wanted characters for me at this point

Most Needed: Urien - self explanatory for me. Favorite character in the series, love my Pillar Man archetypes. Also had my favorite playstyle, just a sick design in general and I think he would look much better in 6 and probably closer to Daigo Ikeno’s 3s portrait of him which is my favorite official Urien art.

Need: Necro, Twelve, Eagle, Sodom, Alex
-need more weirdo characters and I want to see how they can differentiate Necro and Dhalsim in this game’s style. Twelve is maybe the strangest character in the series and his completely weirdo playstyle deserves to be in a game where they can actually balance it. Eagle has basically only been in sf1 but has a very unique design and I think would stand out and round out the cast. Sodom is just very iconic in Alpha to me and he’s the only mainline Alpha character not playable in the 3d era games yet. Alex story is too interesting not to bring him back and sfv dropped the ball hard on him. He’s also my favorite MC in sf.

Want: Makoto, Dudley, Oro, Gill, Seth, Adon
-I just really like sf3, but also Seth’s redesign in V was great and I want to see where they take that. Adon is cool, that’s all.

Not gonna happen but would be cool:
1107150-sm2ortega.png

Last edited:

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
3 is like 2 but complete gameplay levels, best on that aspect from the alpha series - like 3s, and the ost is good

but 2 has more memorable songs

Great Potato

Preeminent
most wanted characters for me at this point

Most Needed: Urien - self explanatory for me. Favorite character in the series, love my Pillar Man archetypes. Also had my favorite playstyle, just a sick design in general and I think he would look much better in 6 and probably closer to Daigo Ikeno’s 3s portrait of him which is my favorite official Urien art.

Need: Necro, Twelve, Eagle, Sodom, Alex
-need more weirdo characters and I want to see how they can differentiate Necro and Dhalsim in this game’s style. Twelve is maybe the strangest character in the series and his completely weirdo playstyle deserves to be in a game where they can actually balance it. Eagle has basically only been in sf1 but has a very unique design and I think would stand out and round out the cast. Sodom is just very iconic in Alpha to me and he’s the only mainline Alpha character not playable in the 3d era games yet. Alex story is too interesting not to bring him back and sfv dropped the ball hard on him. He’s also my favorite MC in sf.

Want: Makoto, Dudley, Oro, Gill, Seth, Adon
-I just really like sf3, but also Seth’s redesign in V was great and I want to see where they take that. Adon is cool, that’s all.

A good list, I'd have definitely preferred to see Dudley make his return as the premier boxer of SF6 over Ed, but there's room for both of them. I don't think I'd shed tears if they had Balrog miss out on this installment and went with a Dudley + Ed boxer package this time around, as Ed can carry some Balrog traits with him.

Speaking of Necro, I think it could be neat to give his girlfriend Effie the Kolin treatment and bring her back playable as we step into the post-Bison era. I remember reading the Udon comic at some point that featured her actually doing some impressive things, and made me think that would be interesting as a character.

I feel Mike Haggar is overdue for an appearance since he's easily been the most glaring omission from the Final Fight side of things, criminal that we got Abigail before him. Giving him some of the Cody flourish where he can bust out weapons like the steel pipe would do enough to differentiate him from Zangief, and that's a rivalry match-up the fans would want to see. I wouldn't mind a Crimson Viper return since Juri brought up an interesting story direction from her.

Elena is a character I'd be interested in seeing get a complete Dee Jay style design overhaul. If they give her a more traditional Kenyan style outfit and design and Kenyan influences in her theme, nerf her healing tech then I'd be excited to see what they came up with as the capoeira style feels appropriate for the game. I also get Elena vibes from what they tried to do with Lily's character.

Sagat is a must for me as one of my favorites, and we need G because there are too many questions yet to be answered there.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
A good list, I'd have definitely preferred to see Dudley make his return as the premier boxer of SF6 over Ed, but there's room for both of them. I don't think I'd shed tears if they had Balrog miss out on this installment and went with a Dudley + Ed boxer package this time around, as Ed can carry some Balrog traits with him.
yeah I definitely like Dudley more than Ed but I can also understand Ed getting priority since he has a lot going in storywise (even if imo they shouldve just had Falke absorb that entire role). I won’t be surprised if Balrog is in but I don’t feel he’s all that needed here. Maybe waaaay down the line like how V brought in Honda at the very end (speaking of which his redesign is amazing)
Speaking of Necro, I think it could be neat to give his girlfriend Effie the Kolin treatment and bring her back playable as we step into the post-Bison era. I remember reading the Udon comic at some point that featured her actually doing some impressive things, and made me think that would be interesting as a character.
damn thats a great idea actually, her whole design is completely unique from everyone else in any of the games, and we know so little about her. Necro sings a lot in 3s, and they do some synchronized posing, sk maybe that’s her influence on him or something
I feel Mike Haggar is overdue for an appearance since he's easily been the most glaring omission from the Final Fight side of things, criminal that we got Abigail before him. Giving him some of the Cody flourish where he can bust out weapons like the steel pipe would do enough to differentiate him from Zangief, and that's a rivalry match-up the fans would want to see. I wouldn't mind a Crimson Viper return since Juri brought up an interesting story direction from her.
zero clue why Haggar has never been in an SF game. Makes no sense to me, the people love him
Elena is a character I'd be interested in seeing get a complete Dee Jay style design overhaul. If they give her a more traditional Kenyan style outfit and design and Kenyan influences in her theme, nerf her healing tech then I'd be excited to see what they came up with as the capoeira style feels appropriate for the game. I also get Elena vibes from what they tried to do with Lily's character.

Sagat is a must for me as one of my favorites, and we need G because there are too many questions yet to be answered there.
I do think she would benefit from a redesign too. Sagat is awesome and one of the best sfv redesigns, they could really go crazy in 6 with him. We definitely need more G and I would also hope sf6 has most villains playable like V did (fine with them leaving out Bison though even though he’s a favorite of mine)

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer
People I need to see in this game based on how they are touching up everyone and other reasons:

1.) Fei Long - Should return with some new flair. Maybe nunchuku moves.
2.) Gill - Gotta know what is happening with him.
3.) Oro - Same as above.
4.) Daigo (and More Rival Schools in general!) - Want another big body bruiser since Marisa slaps so hard.
5.) G - Want to know more about him.
6.) Strider - Need to keep the crossover lore popping.
7.) New Muay Thai character (or Sagat) - The style needs to be represented in game.
8.) New Overarching Threat that Dwarfs the previous bosses - Maybe an alien force that rivals Gill.
9.) Darkstalkers Character - Pure dreams.
10.) Asura's Wrath Character - Pure dreams.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

Of note:

- Gief now has magical weights that adjust their heaviness depending on who is using them.
- He fished the sub out of the frozen water.
- He confirms that Honda is his "comrade" (rival). Mentions the times that they stopped evil together (Psycho Drive incident). Also, this pertains to Mika too. They definitely scale to one another.
- He's quite studious. Loves reading books.

Will now start going through each Master individually and breaking down stuff. Honda is next.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

- Ryu confirms that Gouken is still way above him. Moved Gouken to Akuma & Oro's tier.
- Ryu shows some fancy ki manipulation with the petals.
- We learn that Ken literally manages Ryu's money. Made him get a credit card and smart phone.
- Not much for feats.

Punchsplosion

Limit Breakdancer

Lilly's is super interesting.

- Confirmed that T. Hawk is her inspiration and adopted father sorta.
- She is aided by the primal spirit of wind. There are other primal spirits of the earth, sky, etc. (Maybe G's speeches are semi-true about him being the Earth? Earth spirit embodiment/aiding him?)
- There is a prophetic dream that she is having about a darkness surrounding her. Scary face for her and darkness around the wind spirit.
- Elena is being aided by a spirit.
- Fast enough to casually keep pace with a horse on foot.

Back