Superman and Kryptonian Feats Timeline 1986 - 2011; 2016 - Current

Maddie

Acclaimed
Hello, I was suggested by Everlasting Mike to make a feats timeline for Post Crisis and Rebirth Superman. I will do so but I have college right now. I am setting this up just to begin over time whenever I actually have free time.

A New Beginning under John Byrne

Maddie

Acclaimed
The year was 1985 when the DC Multiverse was changed forevere. The infinite universes that once constituted DC Comics was condensed down to one. Many of the heroes of the Gilded, Silver, and Bronze Ages of DC Comics were slain by the events. Superman of Earth-Two and his adopted family survived in exile, and most survivors of Earth-One disappeared, replaced by the histories of newer incarnations. Even those who survived the crisis relatively unscathed like the New Gods' emanations, Wally West, and the Green Lanterns were heavily depowered. This depowering was intentional and concerted. To quote Dan Jurgens in 1994

Superman the planet juggler had his place way back when, but today's Man of Steel will always have to struggle to get what he wants-it's more interesting to us that way.

And this is the lens we should be looking at feats at this time. However the main author for Superman at the time wasn't Dan Jurgens, it was someone else.

Byrne Era (October 1986 - October 1988)​

The first showrunner for Superman was John Byrne. His first goal was to depower Superman and make him more human as he felt this would fix the issues Pre-Crisis Superman had.

This is what he said in an interview:

CB: Before you revitalized the Superman character, what things did you find to be wrong with him?

JB: He had become trapped by the ridiculously high level of his own power. It was hard to imagine ever being truly impressed by anything Superman did, since he could push planets areound. (What twigged me to this, by the way, was the scene in the first movie in which he rips off the car door to get to Lois; after seeing him push over mountains, the audience cheered at THAT, because it was COMPREHENSIBLE.)

I will be adding more to this

Feats Pre-Eradicator

Maddie

Acclaimed
The Man of Steel #1 (October 1986)
1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_-_Clark_discovers_his_origins_5.jpg

Early as a child, Clark was ran over by a bull but was unscratched

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_-_Clark_discovers_his_origins_6.jpg

As a teenager, he was able to lift up trucks one handed and even began to fly

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_Superman_offpanel_feats.jpg

Off-Panel it's shown Superman was able to disrupt a tsunami and raise up the Titanic which weighs 52,310 tons and is under 37155.24 kPa of seawater pushing down on it.

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_Superman_saves_a_plane_1.jpg

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_Superman_saves_a_plane_2.jpg

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_Superman_saves_a_plane_3.jpg

1986-10_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_1_Superman_saves_a_plane_4.jpg

Superman is able to stabilize and pull a massive plane down to the ground. It dwarfed a private jet that was probably ~40-50 feet long.

Last edited:
Feats Pre-Eradicator

Maddie

Acclaimed
The Man of Steel #2 (October 1986)
1986-11_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_2_Superman_breaks_gun.jpg

Superman easily snaps the barrel of a gun with two fingers
1986-11_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_2_Superman_tanks_bullets.jpg

Superman is utterly unphased by shots from machine guns
1986-11_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_2_Superman_speed.jpg

Superman slags multiple guns with his heat vision and knocks out and picks up a burgler fasting than he can drop to the ground with light taps
1986-11_The_Man_of_Steel_1986_Issue_2_Superman_fingerflick.jpg

Superman knocks out a woman with a fingerflick

Back