Tekken Feats and Lore Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Since I've scrubbed pretty much every corner of SC, time for me to start shilling another fighting game series :maybe

QpPBOAn.png

Tekken is a fighting game series following the events of the King of Iron Fist Tournament, hosted by the Mishima Zaibatsu, where players control a plethora of characters to win the tournament and gain control of the company; the conflict between the Mishima family serves as the main focus of the series' plot, while players explore other characters' motivations in aiming to control the Zaibatsu. As of this writing there are 7 mainline entries, with an 8th entry on the way.

List of canon entries in the series:
Tekken
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Tekken 4
Tekken 5
Tekken 6
Tekken 7
Tekken: Bloodline
Tekken 8 (upcoming)

Non-canon entries:
Tekken Tag Tournament
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Death By Degrees
Tekken: Blood Vengeance (Halfway, at least)
Pretty much everything else really.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
In Tekken 3, Gunjack's second ending has him reacting to a satellite laser that destroys what looks like to be the entire forest. Gunjack ends up surviving via creating a forcefield.

Given this is a bit earlier in the timeline, and later Jack units end up as mooks, it shouldn't be too much to assume that most of the cast scales from this.

sir_fire

Distinguished
In Tekken 3, Gunjack's second ending has him reacting to a satellite laser that destroys what looks like to be the entire forest. Gunjack ends up surviving via creating a forcefield.

Given this is a bit earlier in the timeline, and later Jack units end up as mooks, it shouldn't be too much to assume that most of the cast scales from this.

And yet Gunjack meets his end when he gets gunned down by Tekken Force mooks with assault rifles.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Kazuya survives a satellite laser that completely destroys the Millenium Tower.

Not long after, Kazuya fires a laser at the satellite, quickly destroying it.

Pretty sure both of these were also calced at city level and sub-rel respectively. Which doesn't seem too far from the Gunjack feat earlier.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
chars i want to see in t8, my roster speculation pmuch:

- jin
- kaz
- hwoarang
- paul
- bryan
- lars
- feng
- steve
- baek
- bruce
- leeroy (with a good nerf)
- law
- lei
- miguel
- nina
- sifu raven
- christie
- katarina
- xiaoyu
- julia
- lidia
- josie
- lee
- fakhuram (also a balanced patch)
- eddy (for memes)

the first 25 chars, for example

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

- jin
- kaz
- hwoarang
- paul
- bryan
- lars
- feng
- steve
- baek
- bruce
- leeroy (with a good nerf)
- law
- lei
- miguel
- nina
- sifu raven
- christie
- katarina
- xiaoyu
- julia
- lidia
- josie
- lee
- fakhuram (also a balanced patch)
- eddy (for memes)

the first 25 chars, for example
>No King

:lolwat

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So, uh, with us now accepting feats like Honda destroying a meteor in SFV, what's the current consensus on a Jack-6 being able to destroy a similar meteor in TTT2? 🤔

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
So, uh, with us now accepting feats like Honda destroying a meteor in SFV, what's the current consensus on a Jack-6 being able to destroy a similar meteor in TTT2? 🤔

Feels a bit hypocritical on not accepting this and accepting E Honda given the latter feat is arguably non canon as well tbh

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Feels a bit hypocritical on not accepting this and accepting E Honda given the latter feat is arguably non canon as well tbh

what

ttag series is by its source officially termed as non canon what if crossover, by namco and harada

who said honda's feat is non canon?

why we backpedal now for no reason?

Last edited:

Claudio Swiss

Luminous
V.I.P. Member
what

ttag series is by its source officially termed as non canon what if crossover, by namco and harada

who said honda's feat is non canon?

why we we backpedal now for no reason?
I remember some chump I argue with over the feat called the feat non canon/outlier given no feat in the series comes close to it

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
I remember some chump I argue with over the feat called the feat non canon/outlier given no feat in the series comes close to it

prob some discord poster :mjlol

and nigs forget what power progression/power creep means, the dialogue of the scene actively states that both honda and hakan are "saving the world" from the meteor and combine their powers to stop it

mean

guess chad who had a multi block+ level feat in the ssarc, isn't multi block+ level, and isn't the stepping stone for many other chars of that arc, [not counting the main players of that arc who show better feats later] right? :mjlol

and ss arc chad to make the feat, trained before the invasion

just because the nigs didnt have the spotlight like ryu, akuma, ken, oro, gouken, etc

means they can't level up? nah

even in tekken, upper mid tiers like feng can shatter small mountains in their endings = small city+ levels

and the true high tiers and top tiers scale to city+ for obvious reasons, cuz better feats and all

summary: as i said before, it's called power progression, especially for a series which has 25+ years old lore

Uoruk

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member

- jin
- kaz
- hwoarang
- paul
- bryan
- lars
- feng
- steve