The Dresden Files

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Since no one else had made it yet and given I'm reasonably far into the series (just finished Turn Coat, about to read Side Jobs) I figure I can make this without risking too much. :maybe

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
been thinking about getting in to this awhile back but i don't like things that jump time periods constantly

makes me was to find the chronological order of things always
I mean these books really don't jump time periods (though generally there is a year between each book), their chronology is pretty straight forward, the books just aren't numbered. The order is as follows.
  1. Storm Front
  2. Fool Moon
  3. Grave Peril
  4. Summer Knight
  5. Death Masks
  6. Blood Rites
  7. Dead Beat
  8. Proven Guilty
  9. White Night
  10. Small Favour
  11. Turn Coat
  12. Changes
  13. Ghost Story
  14. Cold Days
  15. Skin Game
  16. Peace Talks
  17. Battle Ground
There are also two books (Side Jobs and Brief Cases) which are compilations of short stories that take place within the universe. I've been told these are necessary reading for later, the first one should be read after Turn Coat and Brief Cases after Skin Game.

But yeah, no chronology jumping really.

I mean these books really don't jump time periods (though generally there is a year between each book), their chronology is pretty straight forward, the books just aren't numbered. The order is as follows.
  1. Storm Front
  2. Fool Moon
  3. Grave Peril
  4. Summer Knight
  5. Death Masks
  6. Blood Rites
  7. Dead Beat
  8. Proven Guilty
  9. White Night
  10. Small Favour
  11. Turn Coat
  12. Changes
  13. Ghost Story
  14. Cold Days
  15. Skin Game
  16. Peace Talks
  17. Battle Ground
There are also two books (Side Jobs and Brief Cases) which are compilations of short stories that take place within the universe. I've been told these are necessary reading for later, the first one should be read after Turn Coat and Brief Cases after Skin Game.

But yeah, no chronology jumping really.
just checked

what i saw was including graphic novels i guess and i misunderstood

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
So for my thoughts on Turn Coat.

It's easily one of the best books in the series that I've read so far, it manages to take a more somber tone (especially with the ending) but without going too bleak with it like White Night did. The action was great, the Skinwalker/Naagroshi made an intimidating antagonist and I felt the twist as to who the traitor was, was handled really well.

Now as for Morgan's death...good lord I didn't think it would hit half as hard as it did. I literally lowered the book and stopped reading for several seconds, just trying to process what had just happened. I had never disliked Morgan to begin with (he was always one of my favorite characters) and he only got better as he was developed more over the course of the series.

But he got to die protecting the woman he loved, finally understanding how Harry felt being an innocent man accused of a crime he didn't commit, and performing his duty for the last time by executing that bastard Peabody. He went out of the series like he came in, like a stubborn badass beast of a man.

RIP Warden Donald Morgan.

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Just finished Changes yesterday.

I'm going to have to agree with the seeming majority on this one, this is EASILY the best of the series so far, no contest.

Back