The Elder Scrolls Feats and Discussion

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
AFjAuiE.png
The Elder Scrolls is a series of role-playing games created by Bethesda, focused on freeform gameplay in an open world. The games are primarily set on the continent of Tamriel, and so far the primary games within the series are as follows:

• The Elder Scrolls: Arena
  • The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
  • An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire
  • The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard
  • The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
  • The Elder Scrolls Travels
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • The Elder Scrolls Online
  • The Elder Scrolls: Legends
  • The Elder Scrolls: Blades
Two books were released, The Infernal City and Lord of Souls, both of which are canon to the main series. Additionally, much of the lore and canon of the series comes from Michael Kirkbride's writings, including posts on forums. Nearly everything written by Michael Kirkbride can be found within the Imperial Library: https://www.imperial-library.info

Hopefully this thread also serves to clear up a lot of misinformation around Elder Scrolls and its power level (which isn't too much of a problem in this forum in particular). But the gist of things is that there's a shit ton of city to island level feats for even the lower tier characters, while much stronger characters (such as the Prisoners) are at least universal+. There are several characters who are also multiversal+, and some who are likely much higher. Speedwise pretty much anyone can range from being anywhere from MHS to FTL, and many characters have downright immeasurable speeds. Even fodder can be anywhere from building level to MCB.

TES Respect Thread

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Here's my respect thread from SB. I hope to make at least one more post in it (although I'm not sure if I will). I may post things here eventually and try and make something concise and as up to date as I can, although that depends if I have the energy for it or not. I did put a lot of my heart and soul into my old respect thread though, as did other posters who have long since fled SB (Kirkbride even dropped by at one point to give the thread his blessing).

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I posted this on SB, but I'll repost it here.

It's been ages since I made a post here (I've been focused on other things, IRL, other projects, and what time I do have for respect stuff is focused elsewhere), but with Skyrim's 10th anniversary here, it's fair time I wrote something I've been meaning to write for ages. I'll hopefully address the Anniversary edition with later posts, but first I'm going to tackle something that needs to be tackled.

Is Michael Kirkbrides works canon to TES, and how important is he to it's writing? Honestly, people have been going around Kirkbride the wrong way, so it's time to straighten that all out. While I'm at it, I'll also cover several other points, such as how the interpretive lore works, objectivity and Death of the Author.

Kirkbride and his involvement with The Elder Scrolls

Kirkbride is a writer who has written many of TES's stranger (and controversial texts). Maybe people have questioned if his writings after leaving Bethesda in 2007 are canon. Some people have gone as far as to dismiss his works, and say that Bethesda tried to distance themselves from him and his version of TES. Such an argument requires looking deeply into TES's metahistory (as in, the history of the development of the series itself) To give the shortest answer to this, we will refer to Pete Hine's answer; "it depends."
Pete Hines forum archive posts said:
Does Bethesda consider Obscure Texts and developer comments as "actual lore" or "canon"? (24/11/11)
It depends.
That's it, I could honestly end it there. Needless to say though, that won't get it out, so we're going to have to dive deeper. Another quote that often comes up in regards to Kirkbride is Douglas Goodall's comment that books published in-game take precident over "ramblings on the forum."
Interview with Douglas Goodall said:
Books that are actually published in one of the Elder Scrolls games have precedence over ramblings on the forums.
I will return to this comment later, but from the above two, things in the games take precident over things on the forum, and out of game texts depend on each whether they'll be put into the games or not. So then we have the question if anything after Kirkbride wrote after leaving Bethesda in 2007.

In which case the Coloured Rooms (first mentioned in Imperial Census of Daedra Lords, appeared onscreen in base-game Online), painted cows (first mentioned in the Seven Fights of the Aldudagga, first appeared in Skyrim), Khajiit Lunar Colonies (I can't remember if these were the 2nd Pocket Guide to the Empire, C0DA or something else, but they were OOG, and they first appeared in Online, and later in Elswyer Online), snow whales (first referenced in the Aldudagga, I believe). All of these examples are first hand, onscreen places and moments that you can actually visit and see. There are of-course many other in-game references via books and items flavour text, in which case the list would be way longer.

I myself have dozens of pages in this very thread which make note of how each of ESO's new installments would have direct references to Kirkbride's OOG works (in Morrowind Online, in Clockwork City, Elsweyr and Murkmire are some examples). I could be here for ages listen them all, so I'll just some up; if Bethesda/Zenimax thought that Kirkbrides work was "overrated fanfiction" then why do they keep including it in all their games? Not just books or NPC dialogue, but major questlines too.

People do like to ignore Online though (they shouldn't though; it's canon, and they've repeatedly been shown to work with Bethesda and Pete Hines has appeared on their streams), so let's focus on Skyrim. This is the game everyone comes back to, no matter how many installments of ESO or Legends or Blades are released. What was Kirkbrides influence on Skyrim. Remember the first famous cart trip?

Before you even take a single step, before you even make your character, Ralof says the following line...
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim said:
Ralof: Look at him, General Tullius the Military Governor. And it looks like the Thalmor are with him. Damn elves. I bet they had something to do with this.
We have our first refence, and our first siting, of the infamous Thalmor, who have taken over the Empire and are in the process of taking over Tamriel. The Thalmor, their objection to the worship of Talos, their plans to take over Tamriel are all made clear in Skyrim, but they did not initiate in Skyrim. The Thalmor, their opposition to Talos & the Empire, and their plans for Tamriel, were all first introduced in the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition.
The Pocket Guide to the Empire is a booklet that came with the physical edition of Redguard, and contains information on the different races and provinces of Tamriel from an Imperial persective, but has a Thalmor writing sidenotes about how what was written was Imperial propaganda, and even a few footnotes which after the events of Skyrim, are a bit sinister in retrospect.

However, we need to contemplate who wrote the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition. Not the in-universe writer (that was the Imperial Geographical Society with footnotes by one "YR"), but the person who wrote it in the real world. It was Michael Kirkbride, along with Kurt Kuhlmann and Todd Howard. We'll go more into Kirt Kuhlmann later, but with the Pocket Guide to the Empire in mind, let's see Kurt Kuhlmann has this to say on Michael Kirkbride and his influence on Skyrim.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
We all try not to take it to heart that only MK can save Skyrim from the trash heap - but I can say that even without directly writing any books, I'd say there's more of his influence on Skyrim than Oblivion. Probably a lot more - if you look at the chapter from the PGE on Skyrim, (pretty sure that was one of his - I can't remember any more who wrote which one, it's Bilbo and Strider all over again), and that chapter is the foundation for the whole setting. And if you look really hard, you might even find a painted cow. (No comment on flying whales.)
According to Kurt Kuhlmann, without what Kirkbride wrote in the Pocket Guide to the Empire, Skyrim would not be what it was. As far as to say Kuhlmann believes that Skyrim would be garbage without his influence. He says there are painted cows in the game (a reference to the Aldudagga), and comments that he has no comments on flying whales (although the bridge in Sovnguarde tells another story). Kuhlmann then goes on to say that they originally planned to have the Stormcloaks questline have you bring a painted cow to the giants to make a alliagence with them, but at least the painted cow survived.
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
It's a damn shame the Civil War mission to befriend a giant by bringing him a painted cow didn't survive... but at least the painted cow got into the game.
Now, for a Bethesda staff who says that Skyrim would have been trash without Kirkbride, and that it's a "damn shame" that more of Kirkbride's direct content wasn't added to the game, does that really scream to you that Bethesda don't like his works, and that they want nothing to do with his lore and just want to make a generic fantasy game with elves and castles? And I have said before as one of my very first posts in this very thread, that a lot of the things mentioned in the Pocked Guide directly appeared ingame, from places to characters to enemies and even abilities.

On the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition, let's have a closer look at it (my own physical version). Let's have a look at the writers of not just the manual, but the game itself.
C5R6iAq.png
The designs and writing was done once again by Michaek Kirkbride, Kurt Kuhlmann and Todd Howard. Kirkbride is not just some crazy writer they hired and made him write a few side books for them; he was a head writer of Redguard. Not just a random writer of some books they decided to throw into the game at random points, but one of the people who is outright responsible for making TES what it is today.

So the idea that Kirkbride is just some crazy writer who just wrote some ingame books that were thrown into the game and then considered by the rest of the writers to be myths and propaganda is at best a mislead, at worst a disingenuous fabrication.

To further make this point clear, Ken Rolston says that both the visual and narrative aesthetics came from Kirkbride. In reference to Kirkbride shaping the Tribunal, he refers to the fan-made article The Metaphysics of Morrowind to show the levels he went to with his worldbuilding (more on that in a bit). He then ends by saying that Kirkbride was "absolutely essential" for making the maps, the designs, the visuals and narrative aesthetics, and that he not only made the maps and illustrations readable, but mythically vibrant.
Morrowind - An oral history said:
Ken Rolston
(lead designer)

[The look of the game] came from Michael Kirkbride, and I would say that it's not just the visual aesthetic; all of the narrative aesthetic of Morrowind also comes from Michael. I might've been the narrative lead, but Michael was the luminary — the man with spectacularly exotic and bad judgment that excited us so much. He also wrote things like his sermons of Vivec. There's a website, The Metaphysics of Morrowind, that talks about how his gods are the most intriguing gods in any fantasy universe. And the tragic stories of the three heroic demigods of the Dunmer trying to save the world but being corrupted: Did they really murder Nerevar? All those ideas.

And he is a rare talent in that he's a very good illustrator, not just in terms of making it readable, but making it mythically vibrant. He did the original map of Morrowind, which was the foundation of the different terrains and geographical experiences. He was absolutely essential. And also crazy as a rat in a drainpipe, which is necessary. Somebody had to be really, really, really crazy, and it's better that your lead designer isn't.

I'm going to take this moment to say that although The Metaphysics of Morrowind is a fan article, someone at Bethesda used it as a reference to how weird, deep and complex TES lore can be. Someone who isn't Kirkbride. The more I look into this, you can see just the level that Kirkbride went to to shape Morrowind and it's history. He didn't just write some ingame books while on LSD, he also figured out the entire history and culture of Morrowind, from how they got around to the clothes they wore, their history, their culture.

Matt Carofano
(lead artist)

Michael is an awesome guy. He had crazy ideas; they were really different. He basically had been working for like a year, maybe, on Morrowind concept sketches when I started. And I think it was kind of just him, Todd, and then Ken Rolston coming up with design ideas. And so he had a good stack of images, and we had them plastered up in this room. So the whole room was covered, wall-to-wall, with all of Kirkbride's sketches. We called it the war room. And it was very inspirational, because they were all pen-and-ink sketches — really rough, really loose. But it gave a vibe of everything, from: "What were dark elves like? What did they look like? What do their clothes look like?" All the way to the landscape, which had these giant mushroom trees. There was a little bit of everything. And it became sort of the style guide for the game and the culture of the dark elves.
From all of the sketches that Kirkbride drew, the team then went on to create Morrowind, knowing it's energy and aesthetic. Note all of the praise and love Kirkbride gets from his team members for making Morrowind stand out. They are not embarrassed of him, they don't want to do away with his stuff in future games; they love him and the passion he puts into his work, and his crazy ideas.
Mark Bullock
(environment artist)

When I first walked through the doors [at ZeniMax], and walked into the war room and saw Kirkbride's simple line sketches — I think they were usually just done with a pen — it was raw, it captured energy, and I was like: "What am I looking at? This feels like a real place." But it's not your usual revamped European fantasy; I'm getting a heavy dose of Star Wars meets something primitive meets Joseph Campbell. And that's why I immediately fell in love and knew I wanted to be part of the project.
But now we run the risk of focusing too much on Kirkbride. While Kirkbride helped shape what Morrowind is, he was not alone; an entire team created Morrowind. If Bethesda or Zenimax didn't like Kirkbrides ideas, they would not have used them in Morrowind. And they certainly wouldn't keep going back to them. As Douglas Goodall puts it (from the same interview I linked to him earlier), without Kirkbride, TES would by indistinguishable from the countless other fantasies out there, and that Kirkbride makes the game unique while Ted Peterson brings the game to life.

Sinder Velvin: How do you feel about Michael Kirkbride and his 36 Lessons of Vivec?

Douglas Goodall:
No one writes like Kirkbride. I admire him. He's a genius. A little crazy, maybe, but still a genius.

The 36 Sermons are impressive. I don't think the fans have come anywhere near figuring them out. For that matter, I'm not entirely sure I've figured them out. I think he gets a little too weird at times, but without Kirkbride's work, the Elder Scrolls would be indistinguishable from dozens of fantasy games and trilogies. Ted Peterson's stories bring the world of Tamriel to life, and Michael Kirkbride's work makes it unique.
Which leads us to the subject of "weird TES" imput by writers who aren't Michael Kirkbride. For this I will return to the above post by Kurt Kuhlmann on Skyrim...
Kurt Kuhlmann said:
We all try not to take it to heart that only MK can save Skyrim from the trash heap - but I can say that even without directly writing any books, I'd say there's more of his influence on Skyrim than Oblivion. Probably a lot more - if you look at the chapter from the PGE on Skyrim, (pretty sure that was one of his - I can't remember any more who wrote which one, it's Bilbo and Strider all over again), and that chapter is the foundation for the whole setting. And if you look really hard, you might even find a painted cow. (No comment on flying whales.)
Kurt Kuhlmann is actually unsure who wrote which chapters in the 1st Pocket Guide to the Empire between him and Kirkbride. It could have been him, it could have been Kirkbride. "But what about all those crazy OOG texts Kirkbride wrote?" Remember earlier I said I'd return to that Douglass Goodall quote? Well here it is, and I deliberately left some context of the interview out so I could make a big reveal.
Sinder Velvin: Talking about the Lessons of Vivec, why did you write Sermon Zero? Should it be interpreted as being official lore?

Douglas Goodall:
I wrote it is as a kind of "me, too!" after reading the 36 Sermons. It was a tribute and a refutation.

I don't have any say anymore about whether it is official lore. I probably didn't leave extensive enough notes for them to make it official...
Goodall says "rambling on the forums" in response to his own OOG writings, to both tribute and refute the contents of the 36 Lessons of Vivec. The Imperial Library even has a page to decipher this OOG text, with letters from both the front and end of a sentence being used, code, apocrypha...the exact kind of thing Kirkbride puts in his texts, both OOG and in-game. Except...you know, this isn't by Kirkbride.

If you need another example on how this wasn't just Kirkbride, let's have a look at one of the more famous examples of an OOG text, The Trials of Vivec. In which, Vivec drags Azura kicking and screaming into Mundus in all her eldritch glory and blasts her the fuck back to Oblivion. Before we get into it, it should be noted that this is an RP, meaning several people were involved in it. We know Kirkbride was involved, but who else was?
The Trial of Vivec said:
Note: This role-play is done in the Official TES Forum. Some devs and ex-devs participate in the play, and to the fans this event in the play is considered semi-official. But still one must remember that so far there is no official word from Bethsoft regarding this play. Some more information about the Bethsoft Developers: Michael Kirkbride played Vehk, Azura, and Ainoryl; Ted Peterson played the Daedric Prince Sheogorath, Celarus and Gosleigh; Ken Rolston played The Emperor Uriel Septim VII; Kurt Kuhlmann played Hasphat Antabolis; and GT Noonan played Divayth Fyr.
Outside Michael Kirkbride, we have Ted Peterson, Ken Rolston, Kurt Kuhlmann and GT Noonan. So some very important figures in TES's writing department all participated in these forum roleplays, and they themselves wrote OOG texts of their own.

You might be thinking though, "all of this is just OOG stuff. If they really wanted TES to be weird, wouldn't they put that in the games themselves?" Well the main counter I (and other lore fans I've seen, even ones I don't know) have to this argument is; there is an entire game about weird lore. Battlespire is set in a slipstream realm between Mundus and Oblivion, where the most powerful of the Imperial Empires mages train, as do the battlemages and the shadow legion. You visit various pocket universes like the Soul Cairn, meet a giant talking turtle years before Elden Ring gave us the turtle pope, gives us the dremsleaves which are used as communications and the story ends with shit talking Dagon. It's the exact kind of crazy stuff that Kirkbride would write. With that it hand, it just so happens I happen to have a copy of the Battlespire Users Guide, which has in it the credits of the game.
d2zdDHI.png
You might notice that Kirkbrides name is missing. We see a few familiar names such as Gary Noonan (and thanks to Todd Howard & Bruce Nesmith, among others), but the Elk is elusively missing. It is possible that he's not credited here, but if he did have some involvement in Battlespire that I'm missing, then please let me know. In anycase, prior to Kirkbride even properly working at Bethesda we had weird TES, and not just mentioned in books (though we had that too, see the uncensored Biography of Barenziah, if you dare) but directly as the main plot of an entire game. And this was the case with the titles which came after Kirkbride left too. Another example of weird TES I refer to is Clockwork City, which came well after Kirkbride left. And it's not just interdimensional content either; Tamriel itself is filled with lots of weird stuff, which we see in Elsywer Online, Summerset Online, Oblivion and of course Morrowind. Even Skyrm has dragons which are shards of time, giant underground mushroom caves, Dwemer ruins, a reality-warping language, cultists from an eldritch tentacle library beyond space and time, fighting a guy with a super key using the power of shadows...

Except the thing is, this argument of "they put the huge scale feats and the weird lore into the games themselves" literally comes up with every single installment of ESO, and is then ignored in favour of the Skyrim Civil War questline. So obviously the argument needs changing, as mere evidence isn't enough.

One last note on Kirkbride is that people often describe his post-game works as being "fan fiction" to discredit it, which is quite disingenuous, as it's the same as dismissing Stan Lees comments, Tolkiens letters, George Lucas's ideas for their respective series. You can dismiss these claims as Death of the Author if you wish, but trying to label someone who made a series what it is as some kind of "crack addicted fan fiction writer" is all levels of dishonesty.

Now that's all done, and with Death of the Author in mind, let's move onto how interpretations work in TES, and how this has been taken out of context to downplay.

Mythopoeic Forces

To talk about different interpretations, we'll first have to talk about Mythopoeic Forces, which is how different conflicting interpretations can exist in TES. What are Mythopoeic Forces? To give a short version, all things are subgradient of the Godhead, which means the Aedra are subgradient, and mortal races are subgradient of the Aedra. Which means everyone is still part of the consciousness of the Aedra, meaning enough belief in something can change reality (or convince reality to change itself). This is why there are different aspects of the Aedra. Daedra are immune to the effects of Mythopoeic Forces in Oblivion, but within the Mundus you'll hear they have to spread their influence to gain more power. This can change the world, not only in the present, but also retroactively in the past. Lawrence Schick said it most famously.
Jason: That makes sense. You did an interview recently where you were in character. Is that kind of a fun thing to do, to be in the character and to you know…?

Lawrence: Well it is. The reason I did that is because, like I said, all the lore in the game is delivered from the standpoint of people in Tamriel. In that way, Elder Scrolls is different from most fantasy campaign worlds, right? I mean, the typical paradigm, you know - George RR Martin with Westeros, Tolkien with Middle Earth, the familiar D&D worlds of The Forgotten Realms or the world of Greyhawk - those all have histories and backgrounds that are all laid out and they've all got some lore-daddy who decided everything and everything is 'this is how it is', so everything works within the envelope of things that are already decided.

Elder Scrolls - Tamriel - does not follow that paradigm. In Elder Scrolls, all lore is delivered not from on high by revelation, but from people who live their lives in the game, in the world of the game, and based on their beliefs. So that does two things for us: It means the lore always carries not just information about what the person is talking about, but also information about the person and their culture. Because the way the lore is delivered tells you how they believe things actually work in the world.

What this means, of course, is that people have different viewpoints - these viewpoints sometimes contradict each other, and so sometimes we have players saying "alright, this person believes that, and that person believes this other thing, but which one's the real thing?" Well... it's not a world like ours. In a world like ours, where you can sort of trust in science and say "well yes, people have different beliefs but I know there is an objective reality." This is a world of myth. This is a world where reality is actually changeable, where the Divines can change not only what happens going forward, but what has happened in the past. So, you know, the idea there is an objective reality behind all these different people's opinions is not necessarily the case in the world of Tamriel. So listen to what all these different people have to say, make up your own mind, make up your own beliefs about what happened and you're as liable - since you're playing in their world and you're playing a character in their world - what you think happened is as legitimate as what that NPC thinks.
This comment has been posted a lot, and it says how everyone in Tamriel has their own beliefs and opinions which are just as valid as anyone elses, as history is malleable and the gods can alter it. Or TES for the most part has an unreliable narrator, unlike say DnD, where most of what you learn comes from the books which tell you via third person omniscient.

This doesn't mean that there is no objective truth in TES (he says "objective reality behind all these different opinions" rather than "objective reality full stop"), but a lot in TES is left to interpretation. With all that said though, despite the contradictions, the truth still exists, you just have to look for it (history is not a lie, even if the definate truth can't be found).
Sinder Velvin:
This makes me wonder - If there are so many radically different accounts of certain historical events, how can any researcher possibly tell which accounts are true and which are not? Furthermore, does this not mean that there is no unanimously accepted history of Tamriel? In this case, how do you explain the unity of the Empire given the great cultural differences between the peoples living in Tamriel?

Carlovac Townway:
With all due respect, I think you're overstating things a bit, Sinder. Are there events, personalities, and histories that are in contention? Certainly. Does that mean that there are no facts that are generally accepted amongst the people of the Empire? Not at all. As a historian, it is my job to look at commonly held beliefs -- And there are many of them in Tamriel -- And question them, look for evidence to support and disprove them. I must see them in their political context, both historical and contemporary. Sometimes I must be satisfied with the most likely scenarios, guessing what happened and why based on what happened before and afterwards. And I have to admit to myself that some of my guesses are going to be wrong, and be big enough to admit it when other evidence comes to light. All that said, I don't see history in Tamriel as a completely formless mass with no tentpoles or points of reference. It may be impossible for a historian to be conclusive, but that does not mean that history as a whole is a lie. The truths are there, if you look.
Here though I feel I need to stress the definition of the word interpretation.

You will note that nowhere does anyone say "ignore whatever you don't like." Nowhere does anyone say "lie and pull things out of your ass." Although TES's history is malleable and a lot is up to interpretation, interpretation is based on evidence, so the burden of proof still exists.

To go into how Mythopoeic Forces work, I'll go over a now famous example of Miraak vs Vahlok. In terms of TES being powerful, this segment isn't as great or important as many people say it is (in terms of feats Skyrim has several better ones, and Miraak has better things to go on in the 4th Era), but it's been used over and over to discredit the written work in TES, so I think it's a good example to use.
So great and terrible were the forces unleashed in this contest that Solstheim was torn apart from the mainland of Skyrim. Here, the myth clearly descends into the realm of pure fantasy.
There's been debate to whether this fight actually happened or not. The author saying that the myth "descends into fantasy" is evidence some have used to say it didn't happen, while others will point out similar natures of Morrowind and Solstheim and the fact you meet both Miraak and Vahlok (how have at the very least, been confirmed to have fought) has been used as evidence that the fight did happen as described.

Now if this was...say...Dragon Age, even if we never found out the truth, we'd know that at least one of these are true. If it was something like The Witcher with a multiverse of it's own, it might be true that one is true in one universe and another true in another universe. In TES, while there is also a multiverse and the previous can apply, it gets more complicated than that. In TES, both truths are simultaneously true at the same time. The gods can alter history, making either one or the other true.

Now, this is not to say there's nothing reliable in TES (or to throw out evidence you don't like). The objective truth does absolutely exist in TES, as much as so much of its history is up to interpretation. However, even with the objective truth known, there are still lots of questions.

Another example of how TES is a mythic setting where the objective truth exists along with many interchangeable ones is how Vivec stopped the meteor. Baar Dau was going to crash into Vvardenfall, Vivec stopped it with his power and later when he was gone it fell, destroying Vvardenfell. We know that Vivec stopped the meteor; this is confirmed in the guides, and we see the meteor in Morrowind and Morrowind Online (infact it's an integral part of that ESO plotline, as is the fact Vivec stopped it). The fall of Baar Dau is also important to the plot of the The Infernal City and Lord of Souls, where we can see the after effects, as we also can in Dragonborn. This is definately an incredible feat which scales directly to Vivec, and it can be proven objectively.

What we don't know though is who actually sent it. The most popular story is that Sheogorath sent it to destroy Vvadenfell and stir up chaos. Another one (in the Lessons of Vivec I believe it was) says that Baar Dau got mad and threw itself at Vvardenfell. However, if you read between the lines, there's a third interpretation. That Vivec hirself threw Baar Dau at Vvardenfell, then caught it, so as to show everyone hir greatness and their faith in the Tribunal. All of these interpretations can be and are true.

Even looking at the guides, it doesn't actually say who sent the meteor, just that Vivec stopped it. You may also note that this same page notes that Vivec did indeed give his sword to Dagon, but if the events of said meeting went exactly as Vivec & his followers said it did may or may not be the case.
PgLvKYf.jpg
This also leads to another example of even with the omniscient narrator, the ambiguous aspects still remain. My favourite example of this is from the Skyrim guide.
75xm9a4.jpg
It tells us that Miraak was defeated in the Metheric Era by other Dragon Priests and escaped into Apocryapha. It tells us that Hermaeus Mora exists everywhere and nowhere and is the void. It tells us that Apocrypha is infinite and the rules of the natural world doesn't apply there. But when it comes to Miraaks past and his destiny, it says he might have been destined to fight Alduin. The omniscient narrator tells us that many things are true, but even here it will say "maybe" or "perhaps."

Which leads me to my final point. A few years back, I went on a big tangent of how you go into a lighthouse and you see everyone has been killed by Falmer and Chaurus, and went on a big tangent of how it might have been Belethor, but it was most likely the Falmer and the Chaurus, as that's how the game's story telling was designed (and it was outright confirmed by the guides that it was the Falmer and the Chaurus).

The term I was looking for was Occam's Razor, meaning that the thing that is most likely to be true, is probably the thing that is true. Even though it is possible that Belethor was still involved somehow in provoking the Falmer & Chaurus to attack, chances are he wasn't.

I bring this up because far too much discussion on TES falls down to anal retentive nitpicks and cherrypicking, which people will say are interpretation. However, they would then turn around and say that certain events definately didn't happen, or that TES definately isn't mythic.

This leads me to my final segment, and how to address when an interpretation is not an interpretation.

Of course, people can have very different interpretations of TES from you or I, and that's ok. When I first got on here, my interpretation of TES was that it was actually pretty weak, but after talking to a friend and discussing it, that changed, as this thread is to show. If you meet someone with a different interpretation, try and discuss it with them, and you might change their mind. Who knows, maybe they'll even enlighten you and change the way you think.

But now we return to the key word of interpretation. A skewed perspective is not an interpretation, nor is deliberately lying about a series (often with the ulterior motive of not liking the fact that it's stronger than you thought it was). If you've been around for a while, you can tell when someone is insincere with their argument. For an example of this, way back earlier in this thread, I argued that as technology improved, we got to see more of the true scope of Tamriel and beyond; bigger environments, less engine limitation, more impressive feats of strength and magic. I'll admit that I was quite a different person back then (more naive to say the least), but this argument does hold up, particularly in retrospect. Back then, even with word of god directly commenting on engine limitation, people said they could've still made something big in scope if they wished too, and how the game is portrayed directly should be an indicator of the strength of Skyrim, regardless of stuff like Legends cards.

Along comes Online and how that argument has changed from "we only use what is in the games" to "the games aren't an accurate portrayal, use the less impressive cinematics instead" (but not the Legends cinematics or the parts of the cinematics with exploding islands and collapsing glaciers) This is not an interpretation. This is deliberately shifting the goalposts. Another example I've seen is people using faux-empiricalism, saying that the in-game books and statements are unreliable and that they'd rely on more reliable statements, but then ignore reliable narrators, word of god, onscreen events and even entire storylines which says something they don't like or doesn't fit their "interpretation."

Another big lie we see being thrown around is how mythic powerful TES isn't what Bethesda and Zenimax intended. While a lot of the nature of TES does rely on Death of the Author, the reason I still use word of god quotes is because the sentiments of the creators is the exact opposite to this. If they didn't want TES to be a mythic world, not only could they could have not put things like Clockwork City, Thu'um, the Tribunal, Shivering Isles, Battlespire, stiltstriders, Towers, Hist and so much into it, they could have leaned more towards TES being a low magic, low fantasy setting whenever they speak in interviews and streams. Instead all we've gotten for years is the opposite. Not only have they directly confirmed not only are the contents of several books are indeed true, but that weird events that happened in the games did infact happen exactly as they appeared in the games. If you base your argument of empirical evidence, shouldn't you also take into account the destruction of the Shivering Isles, the Greybeards Shout shaking Skyrim and Dovahkiin surviving it, Alduin being comparable to a planesmeld and TES being a mythic world?

Of course, I'm not saying you should call everyone who disagrees with you a liar, but thankfully, in terms of SB at least, it's easy to see when someone is insincere.

In conclusion

• Michael Kirkbride was an incredibly important figure in making TES what it is today
  • At the same time though, Kirkbride was not the only one to make TES what it was, and others such as Kurt Kulhmann where just as monumental
  • Weird TES existed before Kirkbride joined, and continued after he left
  • While much of TES's lore is from the standpoint of an unreliable narrator, the truth still exists, as does the objective truth
  • Thanks to Mythopoeic Forces, there can be multiple truths existing at the same time, which is why different interpretations of events can be true
  • However, deliberate dishonestly (lying, omitting context, stonewalling) is not an interpretation
  • Interpretations still require evidence
  • When confronted by nitpicking downplays, Occams Razor can be applied

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Is this also to talk about the game?

Playing Skyrim Anniversary Edition and with how prevalent House Redoran is in Solstheim, I’m looking for advice on a Dark Elf Warrior Build that’s House Redoran lore accurate. The types of skills, playstyle, what weapons and armors I should have to make my guy as authentic as possible

Planning on doing One-Handed, Light or Heavy Armor, Smithing, Enchanting, and Archery (for ranged options like when fighting Dragons)

Don’t really plan on using magic so I can focus on Health and Stamina unless it’s what all Redoran Guards used for combat

@Masterblack06 @Flowering Knight @Stocking Anarchy

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
These are pretty good references to go with:

"Great House Redoran praises all the skills of war. Not because we believe war is good or honourable in it’s own right, but because this knowledge is necessary to perform one's duty. House Redoran's warriors fight with a long blade and a shield or with a spear. A noble of House Redoran must also learn to use a bow and must be athletic enough for the long marches to battle. A Redoran wears heavy or medium armour depending on rank and strategy. A noble of House Redoran is expected to know how to repair and maintain his own armour." - The True Noble's Code

"House Redoran prizes the virtues of duty, gravity, and piety. Duty is to one's own honor, and to one's family and clan. Gravity is the essential seriousness of life. Life is hard, and events must be judged, endured, and reflected upon with due care and earnestness. Piety is respect for the gods, and the virtues they represent. A light, careless life is not worth living." — Great Houses of Morrowind

"House Redoran prizes the virtues of duty, gravity, and piety. Duty is to one's own honor, and to one's family and clan. Gravity is the essential seriousness of life. Life is hard, and events must be judged, endured, and reflected upon with due care and earnestness. Piety is respect for the gods, and the virtues they represent. A light, careless life is not worth living." — Great Houses of Morrowind

Nice to know using a bow is lore-accurate. Archery in Skyrim is stupid-OP. And Heavy Armor it is. Bonemold Armor is pretty badass anyway

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
All of the guides and Prima scans I saved, and why they're reliable to use as a lore source.

First off, a note on why guide scans are reliable to use.
er2WLVd.jpg
Skyrim Prima said:
Complete, accurate, and Bethesda approved content covering all game add-ons.
The Skyrim Prima was approved of by Bethesda. Note the writers at the bottom, and on the credits page.
aC3XKRW.jpg
Skyrim Prima said:
Written by David S.J. Hodgson, Steve Stratton & Steve Cornett
Steve Cornett is a Bethesda employee, and he was one of the three writers of the Prima. What's more is the additional writing section, where the following Bethesda employees are listed as having aided in the creation of the Prima.
Skyrim:Credits - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Game Design
Bethesda Game Studios
Game Director
Todd Howard
Lead Programmer
Guy Carver
Lead Artist
Matthew Carofano
Lead Designer
Bruce Nesmith
Co-Lead Designer
Kurt Kuhlmann
Production Director
Ashley Cheng
Lead Producer
Craig Lafferty
Audio Director
Mark Lampert
Senior Producers
Jeff Gardiner
Tim Lamb
Producers
Angela Browder
Kevin Kauffman
Nathan X. Mcdyer
Phil Nelson
Lead Systems Programmer
Brett Douville
Systems Programming
Ryan Ashford
Shannon Bailey
Joel Dinolt
Mike Dulany
Jason Hammett
Mat Krohn
Ryan Lea
Mike Lipari
Jeff Lundin
Christopher Rodriguez
Jean Simonet
Lead Graphics Programmer
Scott Franke
Graphics Programming
Jonathan Bilodeau
Paul Graber
Jeff Sheiman
Orin Tresnjak
Gameplay Programming
David Diangelo
Joseph Diangelo
Steve Meister
Dan Teitel
Craig Walton
Lead AI Programmer
Ahn Hopgood
AI Programming
Brian Robb
Jay Woodward
Lead Interface Programmer
Erik Deitrick
Interface Programming
Ricardo Gonzalez
Additional Programming
Markus Alind
Magnus Auvinen
Ken Cockerham
Chris Doyle
Chris Esko
Jim Kjellin
Andrew Meggs
Concept Art
Adam Adamowicz
Ray Lederer
World Art
Cory Edwards
Tony Greco
Daniel T. Lee
Nate Purkeypile
Rashad Redic
Ryan Sears
Clara Struthers
Rafael Vargas
Robert Wisnewski
Lead Environment Art
Noah Berry
Environment Art
Andy Barron
Ryan Salvatore
Megan Sawyer
Additional Environment Art
Gabrielle Adams
Alex Schwartz-Rudd
Christopher Zdana
Special Effects
Grant Struthers
Mark Teare
Additional Effects
Liz Rapp
Lead Animator
Josh Jones
Animation
Jeremy Bryant
Jangjoon Cha
Lianne Cruz
Gary Noonan
Juan Sanchez
Ricardo Vicens
Alex Utting
Additional Animation
Ray Arnett
Lead Character Artist
Christiane H. K. Meister
Character Art
Ben Carnow
Charles Kim
Jonah Lobe
Dennis Mejillones
Dane Olds
Yan Qin
Additional Character Art
Liz Beetem
Hiu Lai Chong
Lucas Hardi
Massive Black
Interface Art
Natalia Smirnova
Additional Graphic Design
Istvan Pely
Senior Designer & Writer
Emil Pagliarulo
Quest Design & Writing
Brian Chapin
Jon Paul Duvall
Shane Liesegang
Alan Nanes
William Shen

Additional Quest Design & Writing
Matt Daniels
Nate Ellis

Lead Level Designer
Jeff Browne
Level Design
Daryl Brigner
Joel Burgess
Steve Cornett
Ryan Jenkins
Andrew Langlois
Justin Schram

Additional Audio
Dave Schreiber
Production Assistant
Emily Sears
Of those people, that includes all of the story and quest writers.
  • Alan Nanes, a quest designer and writer
  • Andrew Langlois, a level designer
  • Brian Chapin, a quest designer and writer
  • Bruce Nesmith, the lead designer
  • Daryl Brigner, a level designer
  • Emil Pagliarulo, lead designer and writer
  • Jeff Browne, a level designer
  • Jeff Gardiner, the senior producer
  • Joel Burgess, a level designer
  • Jon Paul Duvall, a quest designer and writer
  • Justin Schram, a level designer
  • Kurt Kuhlmann, co-lead designer (and friend of Michael Kirkbride)
  • Matt Daniels, additional quest designer & writer
  • Nate Ellis, additional quest designer & writer
  • Philip Nelson, a producer
  • Ryan Jenkins, a level designer
  • Shane Liesegang, a quest designer and writer
  • Steve Cornett, a level designer
  • William Shen, a quest designer and writer
Check out the editors-in-chief too, and Jeff Gardiner was an editor. Looking over at the acknowledgements page, we are told further of how the help of the Bethesda team was invaluable.
2mfcZ4u.jpg
Skyrim Prima said:
Achknowledgements - David S. J. Hodgeson
To Bethesda. Firstly, this guilde wouldn't have been anywhere nearly as thorough if it wasn't for the generousity of knowledge and help I received form all at Bethesa. Thanks to Jeff Gardiner, Bruce Nesmith, Jeff Browne, Pete Hines, Erin Losi, and all those that helped me. In particular, the fastidious and meticulous prowess of Steve Cornett in helping wrangle statistics, quests, and making mid bogglingly comprehensive documentation deserves [and has] my eternal gratitude.
It's not just the Skyrim Prima alone; the Battlespire Athenaeum, the Morrowind Prima and Oblivion Prima were also edited by Bethesda. Even Pete Hines himself was involved.
WET2izA.png

I3gj1Za.png
"Bethesda presents," and Bruce Nesmith was an editor.
9bF1t9Y.jpg
Not only was Pete Hines an editor of the Morrowind Prima, but he worked on it hard enough to have an acknowledgements section.
UZVIVhd.jpg
Pete Hines and Bruce Nesmith return as editors, and we have additional writing by Kurt Kuhlmann, Jeff Browne, Mark Nelson, Jeff Gardiner, Joel Burgess and Erik J. Caponi, all of whom are Bethesda employees who worked on Oblivion.
Oblivion:Credits - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
And further notes on just how much effort Bethesda put into making the Prima.
Bethesda Blog
Skyrim Official Strategy Guide Blog #2: Sanity-Sapping Mapping said:
Special Thanks to Steve Cornett: I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention the tireless and dedicated help everyone at Bethesda committed to throughout this project. This guide would be floundering in a sea of confusion without their help. In particular, Level Designer Steve Cornett, who almost single-handedly wrangled the entire list of quests, worked ceaselessly on dramatically improving the Training, Inventory, and Bestiary sections, and was available and offered amazing amounts of insight and help throughout this entire process. You have my eternal gratitude.
And if all of that isn't enough, the Primas are flat-up confirmed as lore sources.
Writing the Skyrim Legendary Edition Guide
Writing the Skyrim Legendary Edition Guide said:
Should I buy this book if I already have a previous edition?

Of course! You want the finest resource to obtain the stats, quests, lore, and maps for the isle of Solstheim, don’t you? I’ve taken 4,025 screenshots, and the reason I know this is I hand-counted them when the guide was completed. Plus, it’s nice to have a weighty tome to refer to, and a free poster of Alduin’s Wall (if you buy the limited edition hardback version), and a physical reference you can count on when that EMP bomb goes off or your internet goes down.
And if all of that is not enough, the Skyrim Prima directly references Kirkbride's metalore.
Skyrim Design Document said:
Dead Gods don’t need temples. They have the biggest one of all, Sovngarde.
XMS9j6d.jpg
Skyrim Prima said:
Dead gods don't need temples; They have the biggest one of all, a vast hall of drinking and revelry known as Sovnguarde.
There's more, but I think I made my point. So without further ado, let's get the scans up...

Arena Manual
The introduction in the manual tells of how the Eternal Champion Talin was woken up by the ghost of Ria Silmane. Ria was the one who taught Talin the ropes on sorcery. She tells Talin that the Emperors battle mage Jagar Tharn has captured the Emperor and shifted him into another dimension to hold him prisoner. Even those loyal to the Emperor have been captured and replaced by beings transmorphed by Tharn who are loyal to the battlemage. Even though Tharn destroyed Ria, she resists the call of the afterlife so as to meet out justice. In this other dimension time flows much slower, so the Amulet of Kings cannot warn of his death until it happens in centuries to come. Even as a ghost Ria can use her magic, but doing so uses up her precious energy (as such, she will only visit you in dreams after this). She tells Talin to go to a Shift Gate which will teleport him between cities. She says that teleportation is 'common enough.'

Your quest is to save the Emperor from his prison in another dimension and defeat Jagar Tharn by collecting all eight pieces of the Staff of Chaos.

Magic is said the be the crux of the world, and spells in Tamriel are extremely unforgiving. Mages don't need to cast incantations or have special objects to use magic; all they need is the magical energy to cast the spell (the part about not needing to memorize the spells however I'm pretty sure has been retconned, as magic requires both knowledge and power).

All spell-crafting options.

There are eight circinates of magic in Arena, with all known spells as listed below.
Tamriel is described as being 3000km to 4000km East to West and 2000km to 3000km North to South.

There are different regions of the game which load differently, as having 12 million square kilometers would take far more processing than what most computers have.

Tamriels calender has 360 days, and a list of the months and special holidays, as well as how the dating system works.
The eight playable races of Arena (Orcs and Imperials are not yet playable).

The factions and guilds you can encounter and join, including the Dark Brotherhood, the Necromancers and the Underking.
High-level warriors with magical equipment are equal to mages
Daggerfall Chronicle
The Mace of Molag Ball will drain the victim of magic and strength.

The Oghma Infinium can increase the readers abilities to near-demigod proportions, and was written by Xarxes. The Necromancer's Amulet is the last surviving artifact of Mannimarco, which grants the ability to regenerate from injuries and absorb magicka. However, it's unstable and doomed to fade in and out of existence in different locations.

The Sanguine Rose can summon a lesser daedra, which will attack any other creature in the area. The more its power is used, the more the Rose wilts, until it's petals fall off and it looses its power, at which point Sanguine will pick a new rose from somewher in Oblivion to give to a new champion (interestingly enough, Sanguine is referred to as a her here, when Sanguine is usually male; however, as intangible entities, Princes don't really have a sex or gender).

Azura's Star is a reusable soul gem. Chrysamere (or the Paladin's Blade, or Sword of Hero's) is an ancient claymore that has powerful offence and even more powerful defence, protecting from frost, fire, damage and even deflecting offensive spells back at their casters. However, this sword doesn't favour any one champion, and as thus does not stick with any bladesmen for too long.

The Ebony Blade (sometimes referred to as the Vampire or the Leech) is a dark katana which has the power to suck the lifeforce out of its victims. That being said, the sword may be no more evil than the one who wields it (this is something which was almost certainly retconned later). A wizard is said to have cast a charm so that no one could wield this blade for too long (although if this remained the case I'm not sure). The Ebony Mail is said to have been created before recorded history by the dark elven goddess Boethiah, and only she chooses who's worthy to wield it.

The Ring of Khajiiti allows the wearer invisible, silent and quick. Rajhin used the Ring to make himself the greatest burgler in Elsweyr, but it eventually left him after such constant use, leaving him helpless before his enemies. The Ring of Namira is aligned with the darker side of nature, and reflects back attacks with various degrees depending on if they're natural, supernatural or unnatural.

The Wabbajack will turn the target into something else at random, either stronger or weaker. THe Warlocks Ring of the Arch Mage Syrabane, who used the Ring to save the entire continent. It reflects spells and improves their speed, but no adventurer can wear the ring for long as it's said that only Syrabane can command the Ring.

The Staff of Magnus is described as a metaphysical battery for Magnus (this was since retconned). It regenerates the users health at remarkable rates. In time, the Staff will abandon its wielder so as not to risk them growing too powerful and throwing off the mystical balance the Staff is Sworn to protect. Volendrung (also known as the hammer of Might) was created by the now vanished dwarves of the Rourken clann hundreds of years before they vanished from the world. It has the ability to grant health to its wielder and paralyzing and leeching foes. Volendrung is prone to disappearing suddenly, to resurface anywhere from days to eons later.

Spellbreaker is a mighty dwarven tower shield and one of the most ancient relics in Tamriel. It was used by the dwarven clan Rourken against the Arch Mage Shalidor in a great battle long ago. It can almost completely block out all magic by dispelling it and even preemptively silencing the casters. It's said that this shield still searches for its owner, and will not be possessed by any individual for too long.

The Masque of Clavicus Vile makes any who wears it more popular, and to receive a more positive response. Avalea was a noblewoman who was grossly disfigured as a child, but made a dark deal with Vile. The Masque did not change her looks, but it made everyone respect and admire her more. However, after her marriage to a baron, Vile reclaimed his Masque andalthough pregnant Avalea was banished. 21 years and 1 day later, her daughter got vengeance on the baron. Mehrunes Razor is a deadly blade that can kill any creature instantly. 80 years before the events of Daggerfall it's believed to have been used in an internal power struggle of the Dark Brotherhood.

Auriels Bow is one of the mightiest bows in history, wielded by the elven demigod Auriel (this was retconned to Auriel outright being a god and the Aldmeri aspect of the Time Dragon). It can turn any arrow into a missile of death and destruction. Without Auriel to power it though, any other wielder will eventually exhaust it of power until it vanishes and reappears again.

Auriel's Shield once belonged to the quasimystical elven deity Auriel, and using it can make its wielder nigh invulnerable. Like many of the artifacts of Tamriel, the Shield has a personality of its own, and does not feel bound to the user.

Hircine's Shield can grant a lycanthope the ability to control their transformations into a werebeast. The Lords Mail (also known as the Armour of Morihaus and the Gift of Kynareth) is an ancient cuirass of unsurpassable quality. It bestows the ability to regenerate health, resist the effect of spells and cure poison. It's said that whenever Kynareth finds the wearer unwieldly she takes the Mail away from them to hide away for the next chosen one.
The Mantella is a giant green emerald and the power source of the Numidium, without which the giant golem is worthless.

Within the Mantellan Crux are floating islands.

All six endings of Daggerfall.

In one of the endings, you journey to Aetherius to gain the Mantella in Mantella's Crux, and after Numidium is activated and the Underking sacrifices himself to destroy it, Mannimarco uses the power of the Mantella to become a god.
A timeline of the history of the Empire. Haymon Cameronn conquers Valenwood with supernatural armies, Tiber Septim conquers Tamriel with the Numidium, the Thrassian Plague wipes out half of Tamriels population, Jagar Tharn traps Uriel Septim VII in another dimension and takes his place with illusion magic and more. Also of interest, the hero of Daggerfall is 30 when the game takes place, and the Eternal Champion is 35 around this time.

Royal family trees.
The gods of Tamriel, of which eight are listed (Talos is yet to be a thing as he's introduced with Morrowind and Redguard)). Their spheres are more or less the same as later games.

The 16 Princes. Daedra are magical beings from another dimension. Although much of their spheres are the same, some of them will grow or change with future games.
The flora and ingredients of Tamriel. Fire fern petals under the tongue will protect against fires and heat, even the fires and heat of Dagoth Ur (otherwise known as Red Mountain). Ironwood nuts are as hard as the metal they're named for, and any adventurer who manages to crack open the nut from the rare ironwood tree will have their strength increased. Nightshade is said to be very poisonous, but the variants found in Elsweyr also be used for various stealth purposes as well, including outright invisibility.

There are various methods of travel around High Rock, most noticably including teleportation through the air.
Battlespire Athenaeum
The Battlespire resides in a pocket universe, and serves like a space needle. Also, we have the history of the previous games, and the dimension Jagar Tharn sealed Uriel Septim VII in was also a pocket universe (in Arena, we see planets and stars in it, so it's a universe of some extent). On top of that, there are five master battlemages who run and sustain the Battlespire, who are stated to be a considerable threat to Jagar Tharn himself. Plus the Hero of Battlespire is already a powerful mage at the start of the game.

Once again, Battlespire resides inside a pocket universe.
https://i.imgur.com/wwR4Ix9.png

The context behind beating Dagon. Dagon also swears vengance on the Empire, which he gets in Oblivion.
https://i.imgur.com/Og8LobN.png
https://i.imgur.com/MSM4oV6.png

Dagon sent thousands of daedra to deal with you.
https://i.imgur.com/FWGDtmC.png

Confirmation of Chimere's fate, and how Dagon threw his island into Oblivion and cursed him with immortality. IT also goes through the steps and artifacts needed to defeat Dagon.
https://i.imgur.com/wtbxcI9.png
https://i.imgur.com/QtrjtMG.png

Dagon has many pocket universes which serve as government centres over other pocket universes.
https://i.imgur.com/78TWlHX.png
The Shade Perilous is a realm of Nocturnal, who's enemies with Dagon. Also, Angada has a transmorph spell and can look like anyone.
https://i.imgur.com/r8EaoXK.png

Jaciel Morgen rules the Shade Perilous and is a luitenant of Nocturnal.
https://i.imgur.com/xauz2eu.png
https://i.imgur.com/p1UV6Fz.png

Jaciel Morgen is a luitenent of Nocturnal and is trapped in a Dreamsleeve.
https://i.imgur.com/xrw2Ij8.png

Should Nocturnal and Dagon battle, it would rip open the sky and destroy all mortal things (a fight that Jaciel believes that Nocturnal can win).
https://i.imgur.com/Z4B00wY.png
The Ideal Masters are non-corporeal entities that exist as Platonic Ideals. Also, weak seams between worlds attract lost souls, which get sucked into the Soul Cairn.
https://i.imgur.com/7Vu1e2v.png

The name of an Ideal Master is so great that you cannot even know it, and one can to any of the outer realms through the Magicka Font so long as you know it's name.
https://i.imgur.com/LVP95I4.png
The Daedric alphabet translation.
https://i.imgur.com/SuJJyzS.png
Redguard: Call to Adventure
Clavicus Vile's realm is described as not so being much a place as it is a state of mind of a godling.

Viles is immortal and 'omnipotent' and could crush you like a bug. Barbas is constantly changing shape, and not even Vile knows what's up with him.
Cyrus has to enchant his sword with N'falilaargas's own flames, then go for his underbelly, otherwise nothing Cyrus does can hurt him.
The soul of Cyrus's sister Hayle is stuck between Nirn and the Far Shores, to prevent N'gasta & Vile getting his hands on her, thanks to Saban's magic.

While the soul of Hayle is returned to her body, the soul of A'tor is instead returned to his sword.

This is the reason why in the final battle, Cyrus's sword comes to life and kills Dram and the governor.
Writing credits

Information on the constellations seen at the Dwemer Array, and how the dwarves did not believe in magic.

Goblins have teleporters.

Kynareth is worshipped by sailors to bring good winds, and can turn you into a bird so you can fly across Stros M'kai.
Morrowind Prima
The introduction, which talks about Dagoth Urs history and his return, as well as a general history of the previous games. It points out that you're far to weak to face Dagoth Ur at the start of the game, and must get stronger and the right tools.
https://i.imgur.com/4tiE3jf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yzVhPdw.jpg

Sixth House cultists will awaken after receiving dreams from Dagoth Ur.
https://i.imgur.com/VM39S24.jpg

Sixth House cultists will awaken after receiving dreams from Dagoth Ur.
https://i.imgur.com/fVkwLww.jpg

Dagoth Ur sustains the existence of the Ash Vampires.
https://i.imgur.com/BbABbrZ.jpg
Vivec stopped the fall of Baan Dau. Not only that, but it confirms his battle with a manifestation of Mehrunes Dagon, where he gave his sword to the Prince.
https://i.imgur.com/PgLvKYf.jpg

Mount Assarnibibi is said to be the place where Molag Bal oversaw the 99 Lovers of Boethiah giving birth to Almalexia, and it jokingly asks what Almalexia does on Mothers Day.
https://i.imgur.com/z0fWt7i.jpg
The Dwemer had machines that could control the weather.
https://i.imgur.com/mLBwVsl.jpg

Information on the crashed reverse engineered Dwemer airship.
https://i.imgur.com/XKdoRtd.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2zdYlIm.jpg

While M'aiq has some interesting things to say sometimes, what he says about the Dwemer is nonesense (that they were short).
https://i.imgur.com/EV6hGew.jpg

Ignatius Flaccus restores Dwemer Animunculi and programs them to fight in an arena.
https://i.imgur.com/FMZdkq2.jpg
Hircine fights you in one of his aspects to make the fight fair.
https://i.imgur.com/4S8ayMQ.jpg

Long ago, Hircine walked the earth (though this may just be refering to previous Bloodmoons).
https://i.imgur.com/GihO4DZ.jpg

On the Bloodmoon hunts of Hircine.
https://i.imgur.com/MRqzlgJ.jpg

The werewolf ice statues can come to life.
https://i.imgur.com/hy9PCJt.jpg
A list of artefacts in Morrowind.
https://i.imgur.com/KRyG2jI.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2vocdfb.jpg

Information on Keening and Sunder.
https://i.imgur.com/QCZMPJq.jpg
Wulf is confirmed to be a manifestation of Tiber Septim, once again confirming that Tiber Septim indeed rose to godhood.
https://i.imgur.com/7nt24O6.jpg

Azura stops the ash storms over Mournhold after Almalexia's death.
https://i.imgur.com/vCgE3qo.jpg

Foreshadowing to the next game, Oblivion.
https://i.imgur.com/bUyVgvJ.jpg
Oblivion Prima
The introduction to the Prima, which references Battlespire & Daggerfall as well as some of the lore (Daedra being immortal).
https://i.imgur.com/kiaepRZ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/4ZXNJW5.jpg

Each gate collapses on itself when you remove the Sigil Stone.
https://i.imgur.com/2B2bMaL.jpg

Each gate in Oblivion links to a seperate world of the Deadlands.
https://i.imgur.com/X1vZ0rV.jpg

Explicit confirmation of the many different Oblivion realms in the main quest alone.
https://i.imgur.com/4xXvGdH.jpg

The world inside the Bravil gate is described as a realm.
https://i.imgur.com/Fx6gcFT.jpg

For further references of each gate being a different world, the first time a gate is entered it mentions an island in a vast sea of lava, and the next time refers to another sea of lava.
https://i.imgur.com/ssc7kRM.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yDC3R60.jpg

The multiple set Oblivion worlds (for different cities and events).
https://i.imgur.com/fcimbLy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2acnXoN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zZ9uZzc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/b7r1ORB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/FVVsMde.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/LkIE2y9.jpg

Entering the portal at Fort Sutch sends you to one of 4 Oblivion worlds (last paragraph).
https://i.imgur.com/85yU5CN.jpg

More on the randomly generated worlds.
https://i.imgur.com/SBGoZPz.jpg

A letter on Mehrunes Razor.
https://i.imgur.com/33Z747H.jpg
Confirmation that yes, the Champion of Cyrodiil becomes the New Sheogorath (I didn't really get the best scan of this sorry).
https://i.imgur.com/8UlahQH.jpg

More confirmation that Jyggalag destroys the Shivering Isles (and the Shivering Isles is refered to as a Realm with a capital R, if that means anything). Also, Staada from Morrowind has returned.
https://i.imgur.com/Xlt4R01.jpg

Knights of Order are empty on the inside, and not really living things at all.
https://i.imgur.com/OwiRnWR.jpg

The 16 Accords of Madness are refered to as history, implying they indeed happened.
https://i.imgur.com/iVwoiFd.jpg

When Sheogorath sends down a rain of dogs, he sends down a rain of German Shepards (end of the first column). German.
The Elder Scrolls
The power of the Grey Cowl wiped the Grey Fox(es) from history, and confirmation on the note Instructions: The Grey Cowl being true.
https://i.imgur.com/6r3vPQ2.jpg

Boethiah is an invisible presence in the realm of his you visit (backing up how the realm is a part of him and he's omnipresent within it).
https://i.imgur.com/1e54qMS.jpg

Meridia dragged the city of Abagarlas by dragging it underground (Online reveals that this is because the Aylieds there worshipped her enemy Molag Bal).
https://i.imgur.com/yQey4b5.jpg

Bound items are entities of Oblivion doing service in the form of an object.
https://i.imgur.com/kZ7H2RA.jpg

Information of dremoras, which is in-line with the Varieties of Daedra book.
https://i.imgur.com/P7sBMWj.jpg

Dremora Valkynaz are elite dremoras and the elite guardians of Dagon.
https://i.imgur.com/HZVJadR.jpg

Vaermina warping the interior of Arkveds tower, and creating a vast dark void within.
https://i.imgur.com/OewUbOI.jpg
Mannimarco can suck peoples souls out at will. He doesn't need to kill them first to soul trap them. Also a reference to the events of Daggerfall.
https://i.imgur.com/vc5YNGu.jpg

Without the giant black soul gem, Mannimarco could effortlessly sucked out your soul and make you his thrall.
https://i.imgur.com/urcgPEu.jpg
Umaril the Unfeathered is confirmed to be half Daedra, and directly confirms the content of The Song of Pelinal, Volume 3.
https://i.imgur.com/afEhgwM.jpg

Destroying the Dark Orb freezes time (but the Champion of Cyrodiil is unaffected).
https://i.imgur.com/0T6uoFL.jpg
Even more confirmation that Tiber Seption became Talos.
https://i.imgur.com/cGD4nEg.jpg

Confirmation that everyone killed by the Dark Brotherhood are sent to Sithis to do his bidding.
https://i.imgur.com/BvDhFu0.jpg

Vivec has vanished and Nerevarine has gone to Akavir. Note also in the bottom left corner (I didn't get a clear scan on that side sorry, but you can still read it) that House Redoran is fighting with Nords & Orcs, the latter of whom are trying to drive the Imperials out of Solstheim (the events of Dragonborn have House Redoran in charge of Solsthem after Skyrim gave it to them after the Red Year).
https://i.imgur.com/7Q0LBK7.jpg
Magic is an omnipresent force of Tamriel, and studying its secrets reveals the secrets of the universe. Most warriors & adventurers use magic, either from their innate power or an enchanted item. The Mages Guid stores centuries of information in their archives and has the greatest store of information in the world. Almost anyone can cast a simple flame, and masters can incinerate entire armies with a flame tempest.
https://i.imgur.com/QHxHLf8.jpg

Alteration magic can alter the fundaments of biology and physics.
https://i.imgur.com/CsJs4oi.jpg

Mysticism can unravel the mysteries of the universe (or just help with more mundane tasks).
https://i.imgur.com/VuwhgD3.jpg

An introduction story to the combat section tells how a member of the Dark Brotherhood (Greywin) was hit by an arrow, fell 2 stories and was still able to fight.
https://i.imgur.com/5TKIa4W.jpg

More confirmation that the monks go blind from reading the Elder Scrolls (on the upper right, I didn't get the best scan sorry).
https://i.imgur.com/wtRFD7p.jpg

The Dreamworld Amulet allows you to enter other peoples dreams, but killing the dreamer (in this case Henantier) and you'll die too.
https://i.imgur.com/0SfDOoP.jpg

Spriggans are guardian nature spirits that can summon wildlife.
https://i.imgur.com/PiGMcNY.jpg

On the Frostfire Glade and the Tears of the Saviour.
https://i.imgur.com/85bhi3E.jpg

The contents of The Amulet of Kings is confirmed (if in-game events aren't enough).
https://i.imgur.com/sY8qALU.jpg

Likewise, in order to find out more about the Aylieds, the guide suggests reading multiple in-game books to discover their history (The Last King of the Aylieds, On Wild Elves & The Amulet of Kings).
https://i.imgur.com/u5FXwhl.jpg
Skyrim Prima
The Song of the Dragonborn.
https://i.imgur.com/QvMIy3G.jpg

The Prophecy of the Dragonborn, which references the previous games and Skyrim, and Towers featured within.
https://i.imgur.com/6NSojIX.jpg

The flesh of each dragon killed by Dovahkiin turns from mass to energy and merges with its soul before being absorbed by Dovahkiin.
https://i.imgur.com/mpXbYO1.jpg

Alduin (refered to as the World-Eater) fears Dovahkiin (and once again, is invincible without Dragonrend).
https://i.imgur.com/y0u3SiK.jpg
Alduin resurrects dragons by turning the energy fused to their soul into flesh.
https://i.imgur.com/2HqIzhe.jpg

Alduin effortlessly knocks Paarthunax aside, who calls out for Dovahkiin to use Dragonrend, and a description of how an Elder Scroll was used to banish Alduin into the future. Alduin is also refered to as the World-Eater.
https://i.imgur.com/3BkT6vy.jpg

Alduin is referenced as being the first-born of Akatosh, and without Dragonrend he's invincible.
https://i.imgur.com/kSwzGKj.jpg

Alduin without Dragonrend affecting him is invincible, and is refered to as a god. It's also mentioned how Argneir believes Alduin will one day return.
https://i.imgur.com/mSaOOXB.jpg

Sovengaurde is the Nordic afterlife in Aetherius, which Alduin has cast a soul snare over, preventing the souls of the dead reaching the Halls of Valor. The dead god Tsun guards the whale-bone bridge, which spans a bottomless chasm.
https://i.imgur.com/BAeT21y.jpg

Alduins soul snare mist also protects him, and the only way to Sovenguarde for mortals is the portal at Skuldafn.
https://i.imgur.com/BX0tfeG.jpg

Shor (Nordic Lorkhan) battled pantheons of foreign (Altmeri) gods in the past and was doomed to the underworld. Tsun is an extinct god who died protecting Shor in a battle against elven gods, and defends the Whalebone Bridge.
https://i.imgur.com/XMS9j6d.jpg
Translation of the dragon tongue, as well as translations of the word walls, some of which are of interest in particular, such as the Forest of Dreams (an afterlife/plane connected with Kyne), Vegunthar the Time-Eater/Stealer, Wynjolf the Whirlwind taking down an army of orcs (found under the Whirlwind Sprint shout) and the village of Vundeheim which was burnt down by the Lightning of Unending Sorrow.
https://i.imgur.com/GUsFEuu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/feNb75X.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/TL93tUD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2NeZ1cz.jpg

A page that references the in-game book Children of the Sky (first appearing in Morrowind in-game, but also previously in the Pocket Guide to the Empire, 1st Edition that came with Redguard). The fact the prima quoted an in-game books further backs up that they aren't as unreliable as some say they are (quotes of in-game books also appear in the booklet that comes with the game).
https://i.imgur.com/mBrmQfq.jpg

General information on dragons, how there are different kinds of dragons of different levels of power.
https://i.imgur.com/kM278sm.jpg

Argneir is the most powerful of the human Greybeards, and Paarthunax is the most powerful Greybeard of all. The other Greybeards cannot speak, as their voices are too powerful and would cause destruction.
https://i.imgur.com/Mp3L6Cj.jpg

The wooden mask was bestowed with the power to travel back in time (keep in mind that the dragons bestowed these powers, and the connection between dragons and time).
https://i.imgur.com/LyX5C5f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/caWbTIQ.jpg

General information on draugrs, and how draugr deathlords are particularly dangerous.
https://i.imgur.com/u1JJndM.jpg

Draugrs kick open their sealed metal sarcophagi when awakening to attack you.
https://i.imgur.com/7di2RuI.jpg

Valdar's power was so great that even after spending countless years as a ghost he had enough to keep the dragon priest Hevnoraak sealed, although his power grew weaker and Hevnoraaks grew stronger.
https://i.imgur.com/m93YYCk.jpg

Confirmation that the battle between Olaf One-Eye and Numinex not only happened, but it was a legendary battle of thu'ums.
https://i.imgur.com/QyZmCN0.jpg

The Greybeards have the ability to focus your vital essence into a shout.
https://i.imgur.com/BBWHIip.jpg

The Greybeards shout at you with a ferocious shout and you're unscathed by the blast.
https://i.imgur.com/Vu3YpUH.jpg
Information of the Great Collapse of Winterhold.
https://i.imgur.com/3NTaxe8.jpg

Jyrik Gauldurson with the Eye of Magnus is invincible.
https://i.imgur.com/5IiBuj5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/fzncQ0y.jpg

Quaranir freezes time and tells you that the Eye of Magnus is interfering with the Psijics ability to contact you.
https://i.imgur.com/KltSIIh.jpg

Ancano with the power of the Eye of Magnus easily overwhelms Arch Mage Savos Aren and kills him, and creatures are summoned to attack Winterhold.
https://i.imgur.com/mTkCD9u.jpg

Without the Staff of Magnus, Ancano is invincible and none of the College of Winterhold can come close to him. He's also tapped into the full power of the Eye.
https://i.imgur.com/xWw7x8h.jpg

Ancano caused tears in reality to open up all across Skyrim by using the Eye. Also, the dread dremora pirate Velehk Sain was sealed below the Collage, and is refered to as etherial.
https://i.imgur.com/hUSbBlE.jpg

The Staff of Magnus nullifies all magic in the Labyrinthian, and Savos Aren sealed a dragon priest and had his companions sustain the seal.
https://i.imgur.com/zZ22WDt.jpg

The Eye of Magnus grew unstable, and risked destroying not only the College of Winderhold, but the whole world. So the Psijics seal it away.
https://i.imgur.com/LRIApzt.jpg

Information on Quaranir and Augur.
https://i.imgur.com/UmhHVFW.jpg
Miraak was the first Dragonborn, who might have been chosen to slay Alduin, but instead chose the path of gaining power for himself. He escaped into Apocrypha when the Dragon Cult destroyed his temple and cult. Over the centuries, he's been growing in knowledge and power as he waits for a chance to return. Hermaeus Mora's abstract nature is confirmed. He exists everywhere and nowhere, past, present & future, and is the void and the ever seeing eye that scries the tides of fate. The laws of the natural world do not apply to his Oblivion plane of Apocrypha is infinite containing infinite knowledge, where creatures malformed by him lurk. Storn Crag-Rider with all his power managed to save the last of his people from being mind controlled by Miraak, including his daughter Frea (who has a special talisman to protect her made by her father for this purpose). Storn also calls upon the power of the All-Maker to aid him.
https://i.imgur.com/75xm9a4.jpg

Miraak is siphoning the power of the All-Maker stones and enslaving the inhabitants of Solstheim (from Apocrypha). It's noted that Dovahkiin is the only one who may have the power to stop him. Below, it mentions how the once lush southern Solstheim was devastated by the eruption of Red Mountain.
https://i.imgur.com/JMQT7Cv.jpg

Miraaks power when you first meet him is beyond anything you are capable of.
https://i.imgur.com/0J97ODP.jpg

Even with all the power you posses, you still don't have the strength to face Miraak. Only after learning all the words of power from Herma-Mora can you match him.
https://i.imgur.com/csSa1i0.jpg

Miraak is syphoning the power of the Tree Stone.
https://i.imgur.com/TfcmKBM.jpg

The All-Maker stones have been tainted by Miraak.
https://i.imgur.com/xJVWmal.jpg

Infact, trying to get the blessing of a tainted All-Maker stone will result in you being mind controlled.
https://i.imgur.com/ezKeYfK.jpg

It takes all of Storns power (along with the other remaining Skaal) just to resist Miraaks dark influence.
https://i.imgur.com/NdmXlCr.jpg

Confirmation that Miraak and Vahlok fought, as well as prior to Miraaks imprisonment in Apocrypha, his Ayocotes where just as powerful as him (though as of the 4th Era that's a different story).
https://i.imgur.com/HQrd6CU.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/r5wskBb.jpg

Apocrypha is confirmed to be infinite and beyond mortal comprehension. What's more, there are at least seven Apocrypha realms. The realms are filled with forbidden knowledge, and inhabited by Daedra such as Seekers, Lurkers, unseen tentacled things, strange lights and who knows what else.
https://i.imgur.com/fQGfDKA.jpg

Each Black Book links to a different Apocrypha realm.
https://i.imgur.com/sUG517d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/mW22k0e.jpg

The different realms of Apocrypha vary in form. While most are a twisting library atop a black ocean, the black books Filament and Filigree and The Hidden Twilight links to a partial void, bottomless abysses and darkness that hurts you.
https://i.imgur.com/R9ljeSl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WGvlD9a.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/yC7CJL8.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xny0ch3.jpg

The black waters of Apocrypha is lethal to mortals, even to ones as powerful as Dovahkiin, although some eldtrich entities can survive in there (also going from events in ESO, the black waters are also made of forbidden knowledge).
https://i.imgur.com/n5xwy1u.jpg

Ahzidal can mind control people, and feeds off the deaths of the miners.
https://i.imgur.com/hlhjlkU.jpg

Apocrypha is a realm in which all knowledge is hoarded.
https://i.imgur.com/cczl64r.jpg

Whether you embrase Hermaeus Mora or deny him doesn't matter, you're still doing his will.
https://i.imgur.com/TQKM582.jpg

Dragon Alcyote masks contain great power (as do standard Dragon Priest masks).
https://i.imgur.com/8X3sJzB.jpg

Cultists are powerful summoners, the strongest of which are the three Acolytes of Miraak. Cultists do Miraaks bidding across Tamriel.
https://i.imgur.com/1w6hToS.jpg

Upon Miraak's defeat, his corruption of Solstheim is lifted.
https://i.imgur.com/K2KZPfK.jpg
The Ebony Warrior is the most powerful warrior in Skyrim since Ysgramor himself.
https://i.imgur.com/CalADxi.jpg

General information on the Ebony Warrior.
https://i.imgur.com/xdu3kjj.jpg
The Soul Cairn is the plane of undeath, and even among the countless planes of Oblivion it has a grim reputation (note another confirmation of the immense size of Oblivion). The Soul Cairn is ruled by the Ideal Masters, and guarded over by an endless number of Soul Guards.
https://i.imgur.com/jQIuoQ1.jpg

Confirmation that the Ideal Masters rule over the Soul Cairn, and control all it's aspects from it's appearance to its nature right down to it's very fabric. We're also told more on the nature of Coldharbour (even though Coldharbour doesn't even appear in the game), which is said to be arguably even worse than the Soul Cairn in it's horridness.
https://i.imgur.com/L7T3y1g.jpg

The Soul Cairn is the plane of undeath, and the Soul Guards are undead trapped there.
https://i.imgur.com/Oho4SbQ.jpg

All black soul gem victims end up in the Soul Cairn.
https://i.imgur.com/LYO6a1M.jpg

Using Durnehviirs shout in Tamriel, you're able to free him from the psychic bonds of the Ideal Masters, and he teaches you the words of Soul Tear.
https://i.imgur.com/n1zpZRN.jpg

The unofficial "centre" of the Soul Cairn is referenced in quotation marks, which may imply the Soul Cairn is infinite (though given the above says there are endless souls in the Soul Cairn, this is likely the case anyway).
https://i.imgur.com/dktId4E.jpg

There are the ghosts of cows in the Soul Cairn, so either they where black soul gem trapped or all soul gem victims go to the Soul Cairn.
https://i.imgur.com/juuGMne.jpg
Mercer Frey used his new-found magic power to attack you and cause earthquakes (because people have actually doubted that when he does it on-screen).
https://i.imgur.com/tLQoKIv.jpg

Nocturnal is the Mistress of Shadows and the Lady Luck, who can control how lucky someone is.
https://i.imgur.com/bEjfgTn.jpg

In the inner Sanctum of the Twilight Sepulcher, you're teleported to an alternate version of said inner sanctum by realising the potential of the Skeleton Key.
https://i.imgur.com/Q58yuSf.jpg

Gallus has become one with the shadows, and the Skeleton Key unlocks hidden potential, plus the powers of the Nightingales.
https://i.imgur.com/6b5hdKm.jpg
The miasma released from the temple of Vaermina puts people to sleep and allows Vaermina to feat on their memories, replacing them with nightmares (fragments of Quagmire). The Dreamstride torpor allows one to physically exist the real world and enter memories, travelling real distance before exiting and ending back in the real world again.
https://i.imgur.com/1AgfZs0.jpg

Confirmation that Sheogorath exists as part of your unconscious psyche (and likewise for all mortals). Also, upon entering the Mind of Pelagius, it states you blink out of existence, which would imply actually physically travelling from one plane to another.
https://i.imgur.com/T1L0y0c.jpg

Attacking Sheogorath is useless, and he ignores you. Also in the mind of Pelagius the Mad, Sheogorath manifests the dead kings inner strifes and worries.
https://i.imgur.com/tmCtysm.jpg

Azuras Star is an infinite soul gem, and contains an entire plane of existence.
https://i.imgur.com/BAoNkTm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rEbRnvx.jpg

Boethiah is the god-ancestor of the Dunmer.
https://i.imgur.com/L0ccJjx.jpg

The Mysterium Xarxes was indeed written by Dagon himself.
https://i.imgur.com/wiQ8a1A.jpg

Daedra don't have souls.
https://i.imgur.com/626jH4u.jpg

General information on daedra.
https://i.imgur.com/9b8JQgW.jpg
In the physical word, the Night Mother takes the form of a mummified woman. This (along with the ending of the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion) confirms that the Night Mother is more than just on old corpse (the Night Mother is also is said to be an aspect of Mephala).
https://i.imgur.com/asvgEIb.jpg

The Night Mother can physically interact with the physical world, saving you from a cave in by making her sarcophicus fall backwards.
https://i.imgur.com/DAm85qY.jpg
Keening is deadly to wield unprotected, the Dwemer drew power from the Heart of Lorkhan and Arniel vanishes when he tries to re-enact the conditions under which the Dwemer vanished.
https://i.imgur.com/uoF56qv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nlW3yMO.jpg

Tonal locks, when hit in the wrong order, can cause massive earthquakes.
https://i.imgur.com/Jkz5rUj.jpg

The remains of the reverse engineered Dwemer airship from Bloodmoon.
https://i.imgur.com/fWJYMIj.jpg
The ghost of Karstaag is so powerful that he can kill a dragonpriest in a few hits.
https://i.imgur.com/suBMoYV.jpg
The Red Mountain Eruption of 4E 5 devastated Southern Solstheim.
https://i.imgur.com/VwuMmOV.jpg

Red Mountain has erupted constantly over the last 200 years since the Red Year.
https://i.imgur.com/H8kzqEK.jpg

Red Mountains eruptions constantly sends Heart Stones and boulders flying all the way to Solstheim.
https://i.imgur.com/Eymt5Z1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nTDYrNu.jpg
General information on being a vampire.
https://i.imgur.com/nFrjupN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/oD7Z8yA.jpg

The powers of a vampire lord, including moving so fast it seems time is slowed, turning into to a swarm of bats, summoning gargoyles, telekinetically grabbing others to drain their blood and raising the dead.
https://i.imgur.com/zimGjon.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YcfYKvn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jWdPs5h.jpg

Information on Serana.
https://i.imgur.com/rZEeCVT.jpg

Arch-Curate Vyrthur turned the falmer and chaurus that attacked him into living ice.
https://i.imgur.com/VDf9jFw.jpg

Arch-Curate Vrythur destroys the Chantry of Auri-El.
https://i.imgur.com/TvOaZSO.jpg

The corrupted Bow of Auri-El blocks out the Sun.
https://i.imgur.com/p3I0pbB.jpg
The Companions are powerful enough to fight a giant and win (not even in their werewolf forms).
https://i.imgur.com/nTmTwKn.jpg

General information on lycanthropes.
https://i.imgur.com/mkG2tkC.jpg
The current pantheon of Skyrim, and yet more confirmation that Tiber Septim became Talos.
https://i.imgur.com/EJ2N1bD.jpg

Auri-El, Auriel, Akatosh and Alkosh are all refered to as being the same god.
https://i.imgur.com/uCoEv60.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/WLCGkH8.jpg

Mara speaks to her worshippers in dreams to tell them what needs to be done.
https://i.imgur.com/2mSuvCM.jpg

The All-Maker stones contain great power, and the Skaal believe them to be a sign of the work of the All-Maker, the creator of the world and all matter.
https://i.imgur.com/YtknMDr.jpg

The Atronach Forge can create relics from beyond Oblivion.
https://i.imgur.com/3Iy9ced.jpg

Certain places visited in Skyrim are beyond the confines of reality.
https://i.imgur.com/TTva0pr.jpg

Confirmation that arrows fired from Auri-Els Bow reach the Sun.
https://i.imgur.com/llOFaCJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UpEP4Yt.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UtMxLIL.jpg
The white spiders in White Ridge Barrow can mind control people.
https://i.imgur.com/2KvHYxr.jpg

The white spiders can be controlled an manipulated with certain magics, and more on how they possess others.
https://i.imgur.com/AvQUkP1.jpg

General information on both frostbite spiders and Solstheim spiders.
https://i.imgur.com/SsunSaq.jpg

General information on spriggans.
https://i.imgur.com/mMsTADY.jpg
Description of all 10 major races of Tamriel, including a reference to khajitt morphology and how Redguards are the most naturally talented warriers in Tamriel.
https://i.imgur.com/2lows6t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1WH7P5X.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9RAEhEc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ITWiZAQ.jpg

Reference to Azra Nightwielder, legendary Shadow Mage who could merge himself with parrallel versions of himself (in Shadow Key). In this case though you have to find one of his staffs.
https://i.imgur.com/XA2lpQy.jpg

Painted cows as gifts to giants are present in Skyrim (this is a reference to The Seven Fights of the Aldudagga).
https://i.imgur.com/RbKdI8j.jpg

Wuunferth the Unliving is an immensely powerful mage, and Ulfric Stormcloak respects him and contemplates his use in the Civil War.
https://i.imgur.com/JvQddX9.jpg

Secunda's Kiss is considered sacred to giants.
https://i.imgur.com/4M0ticK.jpg
The prophetic powers of Jarl Idgrod and her family.
https://i.imgur.com/yctl4mP.jpg

Information on the ritual in which hagravens create Foresworn Briarhearts, and these are both powerful enemies.
https://i.imgur.com/kBrJF0y.jpg

The ghost of Haknir Deathbrand shuts and locks the doors of his tomb so he can fight you.
https://i.imgur.com/fAZU6jJ.jpg
Irileth the housecarl of Whiterun was once a member of the Morag Tong in Morrowind and was trained by them.
https://i.imgur.com/kMZ8VVp.jpg

General information on the Vigilants of Stendarr.
https://i.imgur.com/sQJtjIj.jpg

Information on the Galdur Brothers.
https://i.imgur.com/Eby2eVy.jpg

The tomb of Yngol and the ghost spheres withing.
https://i.imgur.com/vwHnZv1.jpg

Sybilles supposed immortality.
https://i.imgur.com/mMsTADY.jpg

General information on smithing.
https://i.imgur.com/FViSalD.jpg
Morrowind Online Prima
The Liminal Transformer is described as an incredible energy generator, and it's what powers the boss of the Halls of Fabrication and is causing the Planar Rift to become unstable. On Veteran Mode, the energy pumped into the Pinnacle Factotum generates a shield.

The Planar Rift is the gate to Clockwork City and emits unstable energy projectiles. If lefts for too long the Planar Rift will unleash a huge energy wave that will kill everyone in the group. Divayth Fyr can also teleport others (be they dead or alive) and levitate them.

After defeating Barbas, you reverse the energy flow of the Divine Reservior and then use Sunna'rah to restore Vivecs power to hir.

The Assembly General is a mechanism of limited intelligence, and both time and the current system malfunctions of the Halls of Fabrication have taken a toll on its programming.

The Pinnacle Factotum can create illusionary clones of itself, teleport, send out waves of energy and more.

Information on reaching Clockwork City
Templars call upon the divine power of the Sun and light to fight foes and protect allies.

Nightblades can teleport and turn invisible.

Dragonknights use the powers of fire and earth against their foes.
Different megaservers are located in different continents, so players can choose from North America or Europe for different platforms (if not more as the game grows in size). In-universe, this results in the world being split into different shards (or copies of the same world). As such, not all players in the same zone will be visible or interactive. These shards are also referred to as worlds. On another note, ESO is said to bring the lore of TES to the MMO scene.

Mundus Stones are imbued with powers from the Constellations (or Celestials).
General Tanasa can bind an ally to her with a beam of life energy and grab enemies with molten talons. Kimbrudhil the Songbird can also summon cyclones.

When an Iron Atronach is defeated, it will unleash waves of lava.

Savarak Fels can summon shadow energy and walls of ice (which you can break). Slavemaster Arenim can summon bears and spectral cliff striders.
There are otherworldy incursions around the temple of Molag Bal in Kushtashpi, and the lands around Vos have been farmed for centuries.

Information on the Bitter Coast.

Information on Molag Amur.

Information on Azura's Coast.

Information on the West Gash.

Information on the Ascadian Isles.

Information on the Gazelands.
The main story of Online involves uniting the three alliances to combat the planesmeld.

Enchanting embues an item with magical runes or glyphs containing soul energy.

Ald'ruhn is built out of the remains of a colossal land crab called Skar.
Summerset Online Guide
The Psijics are masters of space and time, and guardians of all things arcane across all realms.

Artaeum is where the Psijic Order follow the Elder Ways. Sotha Sil occassionally teaches at the Ceporath Tower, and peers into the realms of Oblivion.

Ritemaster Iachesis has been head of the Psijic Order for centuries, and has incredible wisdom and patience. On a different note, the sinkhole at Rellenthil is growing at an alarming note.

The Dreaming Cave is a place of great study and learning, and the only place you can travel to several off-world locations such as the Evergloam, the Spiral Skein and the Crystal Tower.

The hyperagonal collapse of 1E 1306 converted 27 Psijic Monks into films of glisterning liminal particles.

The Psijics have the power to control time itself.

Someone or something is opening breaches in time, which you must seal.
Evergloam is an evershifting realm which is said to exist adjacent to every other realm in reality. When in dark places, if you turn quick enough you can almost see it.

The Shadow of Nocturnal is a powerful Gloam Knight and champion of Nocturnal. Summoning (Singularity) summons a singularity to attack enemies, and Coagulation is an attack where the Shadow of Nocturnal commands even space and time, and causes it to coagulate in a certain place (which causes oblivion damage). Coagulation is also known as Dark Matter.

The Evergloam is a realm of permanent twilight and gloam ruled by the Night Mistress. It would be considered peaceful and sombre if not for the hordes of creatures of night and shadow.

With the aid of an immensly powerful amulet from Nocturnal, the sea sload Z'Maja calls upon shadow replicas from the Shadow World to attack and do the dark biddings of Nocturnal. Z'Maja is a powerful Shadowcaster who uses elemental magic and shadow magic. Vestige(s) have to stop the shadow yaghra from reaching the real world.

There are books and scrolls on Evergloam lore in Evergloam, and you are encouraged to go look for them.
The sload are powerful and disgusting slug-folk who use telepathy to communicate and attack. They posses immense magical prowess, and can make shields with psychic energy.

Mindscapes are the realm of the subconscious made manifest, and manifests as a realm of sparkling neural pathways and nightmares. Certain sload like K'Tora can turn these into Mind Traps.

Mindscapes can be turned into Mind Traps by those who are powerful (and malicious) enough to do so.

Z'Maja is a sload Shadowcaster, who with the strength of a powerful amulet from Nocturnal can use Shadow Magic and call upon shadow clones from the Shadow World. Should a player be killed, Z'Maja would raise their own shadow against their allies, and they can only be resurrected once said players shadow clone is defeated. If the Shade of Z'Maja escapes the Shadow World and enters the portal into the real world, she will paralyse and kill all the players with powerful Shadow Magic.

The Thrassian Plague devastated Tamriels population in 1E 2260.
Indriks are similar to spriggins, in that they're manifestations of Nirn, and they can even use their connections with Nirn to teleport. When a indrik is killed, it disintergrates back into the energy of Nirn.

Gryphons are the apex predators of Summerset, and have fierce strength, being strong enough to create vortexes in the air.

Coral Crabs cover their shells in coral and anemones, and their powerful claws can crush thick carapaces and pry open even the most obstinate bivalves. Most of them (with a few exceptions) are peaceful unless provoked. They can shoot bursts of water, heal each other and create shockwaves.

Giant Salamanders are found naturally and only in Summerset, and can shift between three elements (fire, ice and lightning), which will allow it to use attacks of said element and become resistant to said element. They can slow their metabolisms to create a shield around their bodies.

Yaghra are sea creatures who live in the oceans all around Nirn, and they come in a great variety of forms.
The Crystal Tower is the pin which holds the fabric of all realities together, and is said to exist in all realms and universes.

You battle several different Josajeh's from different time breaches (this fight takes place in the White-Gold throne room). Ritemaster Josajeh noticably has the ability to control time.
The introduction, which details the backstory of Summerset's history and how the Altmer (and indeed all mer) originally came from Aldmeris long ago.
Clan Direnni left Summerset long ago for an island in the Illiac Bay.

Goblins are said to have originated from Summerset as the High Elves brought them in to be menials and slaves.
The foundations of the Summerset islands are strong and firm, and have been for millenia. So the appearance of frequent sinkholes is cause for concern and suspicion.

Information on Northeast Summerset.

Information on Southwest Summerset.

Information on Southeast Summerset.

Information on Northwest Summerset.
The College of Sapiarchs don't let just anyone teleport to their college.

Mephala is the Prince of Spiders.

The Guardian Atronach can shoot lava out of its arm.

Lady Adreana can call down energy projectiles from the sky.

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Various gifs from several games and cinematics.
A Dunmer illuminates the tunnel for dozens of metres ahead
The Nordic Warrior fights several werewolves at once

The Dumner Mage blasts a werewolf down with fire, and the Nord Warrior takes down several more
The Altmer Mage electrocutes several Imperial soldiers so hard that they are turned to embers, from a distance
The Breton Assassin shoots an Imperial soldier through fog from a distance
The Breton dodges arrows when hanging onto a cable
Then the Breton shows more superhuman reflexes, grabbing the cables in mid-air
He easily deals with a group of Imperial soldiers
He catches a sword without looking at it before effortlessly breaking through the last soldiers plate mail in a single strike
The Altmer Mage disintegrates a soldier, body armour and all
The Altmer easily deals with a group of Imperial soldiers
The Breton swings from a ridiculously high height
The Altmer turns another soldier to dust
A werewolf bursts up through the ground, but the Nord drags it back under and kills it
The Altmer, the Breton and the Nord fight each other, during which the Breton blocks a lightning blot with a shield
The Dremora Wizard clears the smoke with a single slam of his staff

They fight the Dremora
The Nord cuts the giant Daedras metal ironclaw
The Dremora Wizard slowly disintegrates the Bretons sword after catching it
The Altmer zaps three Dremora out of existance with her magic

Then she calls down lightning from the sky and creates a shield, killing several Dremora instantly

She uses telekenisis to grab a Dremora and slam them into the ground, she then grabs another Dremora with her magic and throws them through the shield

The Dremora Wizard attacks her shield with ice, other Dremora start helping by doing likewise

The Altmer creates a powerful magic attack that she controls the course of, killing several Dremora

With her magic, she grabs a flying Dremora that she sent flying and slams them to the ground
More Dremora attack with ice to penetrate her shield
The Altmer is shot by an arrow yet is fine, her shield is coming apart, and the Dremora double their efforts
She grabs onto one of the giant chains with her magic and breaks it
This causes other chains to break, wrap around an above bridge and bring rocks down on them all
The passing of the undead causes grass to die and worms to spread
The Nord has survived the rocks falling on him
He effortlessly moves some large rocks, the Altmer is also still alive
Scamps are fired out of a catapult
The Altmer has been captured and is being held prisoner with enchanted chains
Against her will and being controlled by a Nordic Wizard, the Altmer calls lightning from the sky that atomizes hundreds if not thousands of Daedra
The lightning smashes down a large chunk of the Imperial City wall, the Altmer survives all this energy going through her
Dremora soldiers are smashed to pieces by the shockwave
The devastated battlefield
The Altmer is free, and still has plenty of energy despite her ordeal, she kills the Nordic Wizard easily
The Nordic Warrior has been shot by several arrows, but he just rips them out
The Nord and the Zombie Breton fight
The Nord punches the Zombie Breton Assassin into a stone pillar so hard that it crumples
The Zombie Breton knocks the Nord into the same pillar which crumples further, the Nord isn't affected
The Nord throws the Zombie Breton flying into another pillar, which also crumples
The Nord drops the Zombie Breton over the edge, but he latches onto the Nord at the last moment and is thrown back up
In frustration, the Nord breaks some more pillar with a single slice of his axe and charges back into battle
The Zombie Breton stabs the Nord twice

The Nord grabs the Zombie Breton and bashes him against a pillar, breaking it, then impaling his foe with his axe
Mannimarco one-shots the Nord Mage by summoning a powerful Daedra, possibly an avatar of Molag Bal himself

Elf Hero creates a shield and reacts to an arrow
A huge sea monster

A bear shatters part of a stone pillar and rips appart a dwemer animunculi

Kaalgrontiid crushes stone

The dragons fire causes a considerable explosion, and debris is shown falling down shortly afterwards

The Daggerfall Covenant hero creates bone armour for himself and shields himself from the dragons fire

The Daggerfall Covenant hero punches the dragon in the face, sending it reeling

The dragon takes the Daggerfall Covenant hero in its mouth and smashes him through rock, and the hero forces its mouth open a bit before Abnur Tharn comes along and distracts it
Abnur Tharn uses magic to restrain the dragon

The Daggerfall Covenant hero picks up a cart wheel axil and smashes the dragon in the face with it

The dragon smacks the Daggerfall Covenant hero into a pillar, breaking it and bringing rocks down on top of him
The dragonhorn notably hurts the dragon

Abnur Tharns magic creates an ice trap around the dragons foot

Khamira makes a blatantly superhuman jump

Khamira survives a long fall onto the dragons hard scales and survives, getting up moments later

The aeon stone explodes, and Abnur Tharn stops the explosion

Abnur Tharn lets the remaining energy unleash, which destroys Dragonhold (which Nahfahlaar survives)

This explosion is visible from Skyrim

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Time to start saving the lorestream transcripts I made. Let's start with the Clockwork City lorestream.

11:34

The Clockwork City is a (seemingly) miniature replica of the entire Mundus (Schick also mistakenly says the Daedra created the Mundus instead of the Aedra). It's simultaneously a miniature replica and a world in itself, both of these things being true and not contradictory. Here Sotha Sil tests out his theories on the world above, and remakes the world above too. The Aedra became the Earthbones when they sacrificed themselves to make the Mundus.
ESO Live - Lore of Clockwork City said:
Lawrence Schick: So the Clockwork City is the Clockwork God Sotha Sils experimental miniature recapitulation of the entire Mundus, in one small, apparently small, container. And it's built in order to both imitate and recapitulate the world above. And it's somewhere beneath Tamriel... The way you get to it in the game is through an entrance near Mournhold in Morrowind but where it is actually is it's as deep as is possible to be, and still be in Tamriel, so it's the same distance from everywhere. And it's both tiny and at the same time a world unto itself. And it's both tiny and at the same time a world unto itself. So once you get into it, it feels vast, and it is vast and at the same time it's tiny. So both of these things are true and they're not contradictory. And inside you will find that Sotha Sil has built mechanical replicas of various aspects of the world above which are being used in experiments by his clockwork aspostles to test out his various theories on how the world, which was created orginally of course by the Daedra, when they sacrificed themselves to become the Earthbones. When they created the world, it was in the opinion of Sotha Sil, a flawed creation and he is looking for ways, where thereby it can be perfected.
13:53
The Clockwork City is located in a metaphorical location, and is a Manifest Metaphor.
Lawrence Schick: There have been various statements in lore about where it is located, but really that's about ways to get to it rather than where it can be found. Where it is is really...in a more metaphorical location than physical really, because it's a metaphor made maniphest. It's both a reality and replication of reality at the same time.
15:52
Leamon Tuttle: Like Lawrence says Sotha is is mysterious he very rarely speaks so what we get is written by his torbeionce and most of it is through his sermons which are entitled the Truth in Sequence. There are 12 of those by a clockwork apostle called Deldrise Morvayn. In terms of...we can only really know what the apostles tell us, so according to the Truth in Sequence Sotha Sil is interested in repairing, like Lawrence said, the et'Adas various mistakes, so taking Tamriel apart and putting it back together correctly in what's called the Tamriel Final. So he's very clearly interested in perfection, or at least fixing things he percieves as broken, and...how he goes about doing that is sometimes beautiful and sometimes terrifying and...yeah, he's a complex guy.
20:47, predatory fabricants may not actually need to eat, but they're copies of predatory creatures, so they fill out their nature to hunt even if they don't need to eat.
21:44

The Clockwork City is Sotha Sil, and an extension of his being. Everything that happens here is a part of his whim (unless another astrologically powerful being intrudes, or if he looses his power). As such, even if someone cast magic to change the taste of something, it wouldn't work if Sotha Sil wants you to try the taste as how it is.
Gina Bruno: You say most of the people in Clockwork City seem to be at least above magical and/or tech ability, and everyone seems to hate the nutrience paste for being boring. Illusion magic exists, so if there's a spell to make someone think you a friend, why isn't there a spell to...make someone thing the paste tastes like scrib jelly?

Lawrence Schick: You wanna take this one?

Leamon Tuttle: Sure. First to start off, the clockwork apostles will probably tell you that Illusion Magic is profane, and they don't want it in the City. Sotha Sil is interested in truth...and yeah, finding the absolute facts of things. So creating an illusion is a ridiculous thing to even consider. Also, there's the very real possibility that Sotha Sil makes it so they have to taste it that way. The Clockwork City in many respects kinda is Sotha Sil, and there's no guarantee that any magic that an apostle or anyone else may be able to use could change the taste of the paste if he doesn't want them to.
25:24, the writers work together with the game designers, content designers, encounter designers, world builders and everyone else in content area to make the story, themes, emotional aspects of the world and everything else fit together.
27:05

Nocturnals crows would "absolutely" count as daedra.
Gina Bruno: There's a lot of crows, of the Blackfeather Court, they might talk. Are these techically counted as daedra?

Leamon Tuttle: Absolutely.

Lawrence Schick: Of course. If you've been to the Of course. If you've been to the demi-plane of Crows Wood which you can visit from...it's in Davon's Watch. That is a daedric demi-plane, where there is a...very similar to these crows. And yes, they are daedra in the form of birds.

Leamon Tuttle: Of course they might not agree with that. They would tell you that they're crows and you're ridiculous for asking that.
28:25

Sotha Sil uses all metals, and metals that are unknown to magic or science elsewhere. He is a master of all materials.
Gina Bruno: What kind of metal does Sotha Sil use?

Lawrence Schick: He uses every kind of metal, and some that are unknown to magic or science elsewhere. He is a master of all materials.
30:48

Really bad music plays in the Clockwork City because everything that happens in the Clockwork City is a direct manifestation of his will and he wants it to be so.
Leamon Tuttle: Everything that happens in the Clockwork City is a direct manifestation of what he wills. So it follows that probably he wants those factotums to play really bad music.
32:43

The Clockwork City is "kind of" endless and "kind of" endless. The former because it's an artificially constructed universe deliberately made to mirror Nirn, rather than a natural one that mirrors Nirn via quantum mechanics or whatever else makes parallel universes be. The later because there are many other layers beyond the Radius, and only Sotha Sil knows how high it goes. As the Universe was created, it can also be reverse engineered, and Sotha Sil took the concept of "wheels within wheels and worlds within worlds" and made it manifest directly above your head.
Gina Bruno: Somebody was asking if...if the Clockwork City is some sort of parallel universe and if it's endless.

Lawrence Schick: Kind of. Both those questions is kind of. In fact it's a deliberate parallel universe, in that it deliberately parallels Tamriel above. And...what was the second part?

Gina Bruno & Leamon Tuttle: Is it endless?

Lawrence Schick: Is it endless? You don't see nearly all of it from what you can see of it in the game. It has layers, and only Sotha Sil knows the full extent of those layers and what the functions of some of the other areas are...Samantha, could you please just lean back and look up at the sky for a moment there? Look up there, look at those whirling rings spinning around the world of the Clockwork City. That is the outside of the Clockwork City...or maybe not. That's just what you can see from the Brass Fortress, and you can see that Sotha Sil has taken the concept of wheels within wheels and worlds within worlds and has made it manifest right over your head. So you're constantly contemplating the fact that the world is a built thing and therefore it can be reverse engineered, reengineered and improved! Look, there's the proof right above your head! So yeah, it's profound as hell! Goddamn this stuff is deep!
35:31, further confirmation that the shadow contains a vital part of the animus and destroying it causes you to loose power. On top of that, the shadows are another replication metaphor, where an aspect of reality is duplicated.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Another Clockwork City lorestream transcript (this one came out before the one above, if that's of any relevance).

10:34

The Clockwork City exists outside of space and time in its own interdimensional space, and the miniature replica we see of it both is and is not the actual Clockwork City.
ESO Live said:
Jessica Folsom: So you can't actually...walk to Clockwork, right?

Leamon Tuttle: No. Clockwork City exists outside of space & time. ...It gets weird man! It gets way weirder that that!

This is basically...the Clockwork City is...for what people think it's a city in minature inside of this snow globe deep under Mournhold.

Jessica: So is that actually Clockwork City are you getting shrunk down like Honey I Shrunk the Kids?

Leamon Tuttle: Yes, that is a super good question. It is and is not the Clockwork City. It's a representation and also like I said the Clockwork City exists in a kind of an interdimensional space.

So it's there and it's also not there, it's a lotta crazy questions...that don't frankly have very many answers in the Clockwork City.
11:52, we see the Vestige shrink down to enter the Clockwork City.
12:07

The Clockwork City is said to replicate the mythic structures of Nirn, and only Seht knows it's true purposes.
Loading Screen said:
Clockwork City, also known as Sotha Sil, after it's creator, is said to be a great and intricute mechanism, that duplicates the mythic structures of Nirn in metalic miniature. Only Seht himself knows its true purpose.
12:29, we see trees in the Clockwork City, but these aren't ordinary trees...
15:26

Everything in Clockwork City is made of metal, and it's not part of the world.
ESO Live said:
Jeremy Sera: So this is the zone, and...it's our next new addition to the world map, as Clockwork City is not part of the world.

Also, Clockwork City is, as we said, pretty much all metal, so you'd notice that these are kinda like foil-leaf trees and things along those lines...
16:53

The Clockwork City isn't Daedric, and is it's own interdimensional space.
ESO Live said:
Gina Bruno: Somebody asked if you can look up at the sky.

Jeremy Sera: Oh yes that's a great idea! You can see the repesentation of the orb that we went into, so that's the thing that we clicked on and then got minaturised. As Leamon says it both is and isn't because this is a Daedric Realm.

Jessica Folsom: And that's why it looks so different from the rest of Tamriel too.

Leamon Tuttle: Yeah...it's a completely different...interdimensional space, it's not even Daedric in nature. It's its own deal.
18:49

Sotha Sil, although not on good terms with the Dwemer (prior to them disappearing) did respect their works, so a lot of his own works are similar to their creations.
ESO Live said:
Jessica Folsom:What is the difference between Clockwork and Dwemer?

Leamon Tuttle: So they are very different, and any dark elf that you asked about that would laught in your face and say...they're not the same at all!

Basically...it's rumoured that Sotha Sil, had, even though the Tribunal was not on good terms with the dwarves late in the game, he did have kind of a respect for the things that they were doing and...so...a lot of the things that he made are reminicent of dwarven stuff but they are not dwarven they're all Sota Sil. And in fact people who revere Sotha Sil with think that dwarven relics are kinda blasphemous and lame.
26:02, they talk about how they usually eat nutriment paste, and one apostle is searching for ways to grow plants in the Clockwork City, and we see real plants being grown in a part the Clockwork City, and how this may or may not be possible in the Clockwork City.
33:26

The Demonic Planisphere is where Sotha Sil keeps his memories in the form of stars (both in the planisphere and in the skies themselves).
ESO Live said:
Leamon Tuttle: This was the Demonic Planisphere, it's another one of Sotha Sil's kind of ongoing projects. This one actually he has not abandoned; you learn over the course of the quest that the planisphere has a very direct relationship to Sotha Sils memory. He uses this as a big kinda storage facility for all his various memories that he's offloaded for one reason or another, so...each of these little stars as you learn over the course of the quest relates to a memory of the Clockwork guy.

Jessica Folsom: That's awesome, wow.

Jeremy Sera: ...It does not look this finished...until you have completed the quest.I didn't want to show you the unfinished version which doesn't look quite as awesome.

Leamon Tuttle: You'd be surprised to hear that something bad has happened here!
Have a look around at the planisphere too, it's pretty awesome (also the issue of a planisphere in the Clockwork City).
35:03
Clockwork City in many aspects is Sotha Sil.
ESO Live said:
Jeremy Sera:...As you're wandering around the stars actually have little titbits of (???) memory that you'll hear. You'll hear Sotha Sils memories some that are very specific to the quest content and others that are random things that he may have ever heard.

Leamon Tuttle: Even though you don't see Sotha Sil very often, Sotha Sil is...present in just about everything that you do in the Clockwork City. The Clockwork City in many respects kind of is Sotha Sil. So you can expect to learn a lot about him and what makes him tick!
37:42
ESO Live said:
Jeremy Sera: Those of you who played Tribunal back in the day with Morrowind may recognise this guy.

Leamon Tuttle: The concet here is that the Imperfect is waiting for people to fight it, so that it can get stronger and smarter over and over again until the Imperfect becomes something close to perfect.
42:27, an example of a bookshelf in the Clockwork City, filled with metal books.
45:10
ESO Live said:
Jeremy Sera: So here you see the otherside of the Clockwork City gate, which takes you to Deshaan.
45:59, the trial is called Asylum Sancturium and involves ending the Torment of the Clockwork Saints, and seems to involve big spoilers.
48:34
ESO Live said:
Leamon Tuttle: This is one of the assets where...it's a charging station for the factotums, 'cause they run on soul power and they've gotta hook up to the machines every so often.

Jessica Folsom: So instead of sleeping they hand out there.

Leamon Tuttle: Yep, that's exactly right.

Last edited:

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
How do we treat Nirn being "technically a universe"? As well as how that interacts with Mundus? I've always wondered 🤔

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
How do we treat Nirn being "technically a universe"? As well as how that interacts with Mundus? I've always wondered 🤔
Nirn is the closest thing that we know of to a normal planet, but it's also it's own plane of existence within the Mundus (and may contain the spirits of the Aedra, as well as being the heart of the world). It's at least planet level, though metaphysics could put it at a much higher level.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
The Summerset Lore and Story livestream.

36:29
Griffons are sustained by the magical essence of Summerset.
Summerset Story & Lore Livestream said:
Lawrence Schick: ...There's a Griffon now. Look at that big guy. They're...yeah, we're really pleased with the griffons. We're really proud of them. And...So they're obviously not just magnificent but they obviously partake some what of the magical essence of the islands of Summerset, or they wouldn't even exist. That's how cool they are.
Indriks are incredibly magical animals in tune with the natural elements of Summerset that can teleport (as well as fire energy clones of themselves and call down lightning)
39:00
Jess Folsom: I love that they warp. That's really cool!

Lawrence Schick: Yep. The indrik are extremely magical, they're creatures in tuned with the natural elements of Summerset.

Jess Folsom: They're kinda right up there with wisps, yeah?

Lawrence Schick: And they do some... interesting magical dances and stuff.
40:40
The isle of Artaeum exists somewhere beyond Nirn, but the Psijics watch over Nirn to see if there are any threats.
Gina Bruno: Alright, well we also have...Artaeum.

Lawrence Schick: Speaking of islands...

Gina Bruno: Speaking of islands...

Lawrence Schick: Normally, it would be right of the South edge of that map there, but it's gone!

Bill Slavicsek: Artaeum is the island that vanished.

Lawrence Schick: It went to another place, and the Psijic Order who took it there are real cagey about where it is nowadays. And because you are...such a fascinating...character, you get invited to go and visit Artaeum. But even when you're there, as you'll see from this concept art and from the actual skies when you arrive there... It looks kinda like you're in Tamriel but obviously you aren't.

Bill Slavicsek: You're someplace else.

Lawrence Schick: You're someplace else.

Jess Folsom: Someplace else officially.

Lawrence Schick: That's right. With a cpital S and a capital P, Some Place Else, and the E. So...yeah. ...And they don't really go into the reasons for why they did that either. But...

Jess Folsom: Oh yeah, that's very different.

Lawrence Schick: ...But the Psijic Order...is still, y'know, even though they have seperated themselves from...from Tamriel and the rest of Nirn, they're still looking out for the interests of the mortal races. And they detect, that there is a threat that they think they need to...to look into, and they enlist your aid in doing so and you infact take lead in looking into it.
The Dreaming Cave portal allows the user with the know how to teleport to anywhere in reality, and likely time as well, as the Psijics are masters of space and time.
43:38
Lawrence Schick: So this is the Dreaming Cave. That in the middle of it there that's the Psijics legendary portal to everyplace. If you know how to tune it properly, you can get to anywhere in reality from the portal in the Dreaming Cave.

Bill Slavicsek: And you may just visit a few of those places.

Gina Bruno: Anywhere and anytime?

Lawrence Schick: Um...You know there may be some tiny nonsense involved, but we don't want to get too much into... But the Psijic Order they're masters of space and y'know time...and scrying and...information and...they're really all about knowledge and wisdom. They're not as active as, nessesarily some of the other magical types like the Mages Guild, which is one of the reasons why Vanus Galerion, who founded the Mages Guild, left the Psijic Order to go and do so, because he wanted to do something more active than the Psijics.
Water is an important part of the Old Ways (remember the importants of divine ancestry in Altmer culture, and water contains the memories of the dead).
43:49
Bill Slavicsek: They like to do a lot of stuff with water. Water is kind of the...basis of their Old Ways.
The Psijics focus on Mysticism, and the Eleven Forces that govern reality. The Psijics are master scriers who observe everything on Tamriel.
44:32
Gina Bruno: Somebody on the forums was asking...he was saying the Psijic Order said to follow a magical doctrine, called the Old Ways? Can you talk a little bit about that? The chat was also curious.

Lawrence Schick: Well if you look into the ways...the different ways that magic is talked about in Tamriel, it's often broken down into different types of magic. There's Alteration, there's Destruction, there's Restoration... And one type that's talked about... in various different ways and different times is called Mysticism. And Mysticism...knowledge...understanding the basics of how everything works, that's what the Psijic Order is all about.

Bill Slavicsek: Yeah...they're concerned with the Eleven Forces, that make up reality.

Lawrence Schick: And they know what those are and they've got names for them all.

Bill Slavicsek: And they didn't tell me, so we talked about them, in the games...

Lawrence Schick: But yeah, we reveal certain of their secrets but... many of them are retained. Because they only need to tell you what you need to know in order to go out and deal with the threats they have actively detected.

Gina Bruno: So the um... if you look on the Psijic robes, there's this really cool sorta eye talisman, on the robes.

Lawrence Schick: Right often right in the sternum? Right here on their chest? Yep.

Gina Bruno: What is that?

Bill Slavicsek: We tell you in the adventures that...the quests that... The Psijics watch Tamriel through their scrying portals, or pools. They are very much the master scriers of the world. And that's kind of..."We see everything." You know.
More o how the lore is told; there are secrets that through talking to people, reading the books and playing the story, you can find the answers to.
46:37
Gina Bruno:So we've heard alot about the Eleven Forces of the Psijic Order. Are you able to elaborate on what those Eleven Forces are?

Lawrence Schick: Well you can see some of them in action in the new Psijic skill line, which you can earn access to. you can, y'know, there are certain books in the game, lore books, that will tell you the names of some of the forces, and those will line up with some of the things in the skill line, so it's kind of a puzzle for you to figure out which are the...which forces are you entitled to gain access to, and what are they used for? But we don't...We don't really go into, y'know, just laying out "here's how everything is, bing bing bing bing." We let you...We like to... The Psijics like to keep their secrets and we like to let you sorta, tease them out of the content, one at a time.
The Psijics hoard dangerous artifacts not only to keep them safe, but to study them. They also make books fly, just because.
48:47
Lawrence Schick: ...So the Psijics have a lot of things ...a lot of stuff that...is really dangerous, or potentially dangerous. Those kind of relics are the sort of things the Psijics will squirrel away in their reliciquariums.

Bill Slavicsek: And not just to protect them, but also to study them and figure out how they work. And the flying books...it's pretty cool.

Lawrence Schick: Because if you could make your books fly you would!

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
House Redoran have hunted entire races of giant bugs to extinction, and Skar, the last of the Emperor Crab, was killed by the ancestral hero Dranoth Hleran.

24:22
ESO Live - The Influential Factions of Vvardenfell said:
Zeb Cook: This is basically where you get to see some of the Redoran bug huts.

Lawrence Schick: Now the Redorans of course are the mighty warriors of the Great Houses and they don't let you forget it either, and so they build their buildings out of these carapuses, these carceses of these giant insects that used to live on Morrowind before the Redorans killed them all. Now at this point, they've been extinct for some time, and so they're building their huts in imitation of bug carcases instead of using actual bug carcases, because there aren't any more left. But they still want you to know they're mighty enough to kill giant bugs.
31:57
Zeb Cook:...If you remember from TES 3, the Redoran have this great crab mansion place, Skar... and they didn't build it, and so this is the early version of that location. So what's the history on Skar?

Lawrence Schick: Skar is the last of the Giant Emperor Crabs that once infested Morrowind when the elves first came here back in the Dawn Era...Once again it's sorta the Redoran motto; "We didn't build it, we killed it!" So this is the outer carapus of the last of those kaiju-sized crustations that once stalked the ashen planes of Morrowind.
As described in-universe by Dranoth Hleram himself, he gives you the spear that he used to slay Skar so to get the Ashlanders to listen.

31:53
Morrowind Online said:
Dranoth Hleran: The children of ash may have forgotten our name, but they will not have forgotten that spear - the weapon that slew the great Emperor Crab. Their Wise Women and Farseers will know its power.

If he brandishes the spear, they will listen.
33:08
Morrowind Online said:
Drelyth Hleran: You're back. Just in time, too. The Ashlander' mood has soured since you set out. I'm not sure how much longer I can linger here.

Tell me, did you find anything in the tomb?

Vestige: You were right. It was the Hleran tomb. Your ancestor, Dranoth, told me to give you this spear.

Drelyth Hleran: Is this...? By the Three, this is Calderas - the Hleran spear of myth! I've seen illustrations, but I never thought I'd hold it in my hands! Remarkable.

Did my ancestor say why he wanted me to have it?

Vestige: Draneth killed Skar with it. your ancestor struck the final blow that killed the Emperor Crab.

Drelyth Hleran: So my ancestors fought alongside the Ashlanders to bring down the great Emperor Crab. Unbelievable.

But what happened to them? Why did they vanish?

Vestige: The Ashlanders slaughtered them. Dranoth wants you to know that Ald'ruhn is your home.

Drelyth Hleran: Yes. "In the shadow of Skar, we found our home." There are few things more sacred than a dead hero's wish. I will see our home rebuilt - our tomb restored. I will honour my ancestors.

House Hieran owes you a great debt, my friend. Thank you.
Skars shell is compared to stone, and he's refered to as have taken down entire armies (keep in mind what far smaller creatures like giants are capable of doing).
Ballard of Dranoth Hleran said:
With fearsome claws, Skar did attack
Protected by his stone hard shell
That none could even dent or crack
By the beast's might our armies fell
But one brave hero held no fear
Dranoth Hleran, warrior brave
With Calderas, his mighty spear
But one resounding cry he gave
He raised his spear to the beast
He ran, evading every blow
His heart was set, his speed increased
As he charged the mighty foe
With a final thrust, a final clash
At last the mighty Skar was slain
With honor gifted to his House
May Hleran's glory never wane

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Information on Scalebreaker from the official ESO website and the devstream. The first dungeon involves a group of vampires (including a former dragonguard) who plan to drain the power of a dragon and steal it for themselves, the other involves a dragon blighting Valenwood, and a truce has been called between a forest spirit and her warlock captor in order to defeat it. Said Blight is also threatening the Elden Tree, which is one of the Towers.
Scalebreaker and Update 23 Preview
SCALEBREAKER AND UPDATE 23 PREVIEW said:
Deep within the ancient ruins of Moongrave Fane, a former member of the Dragonguard and his fellow vampires of the Hollowfang Clan have felled and captured a Dragon. However, they wish to do more than simply destroy the humbled beast, as the clan prepares a ritual to drain the Dragon of its blood and gain its terrible power!

All manner of beasts await within Moongrave Fane

Neighboring Elsweyr, Grahtwood’s Elden Root tree is threatened by a deathly corruption that originates from the nearby jungles of Tenmar and the Lair of Maarselok. Grahtwood’s protectors have tried and failed to destroy the Dragon at the center of the blight, so a truce has been called between the forest spirit Selene and her captor, the warlock Carindon. Together, and with your help, they must attempt to save the Elden Root tree before the corruption can spread.

Confront the corrupting influence of Maarselok
Now for the devstream.

Maarselok is a dragon who was in hiding in the hills and came out when the Halls of Colossus opened, and he has a corruption element to him.
14:18
The Elder Scrolls Online: Scalebreaker First Look said:
Mike Finnigan: The story we're trying to tell with Scalebreaker is...as part of the season of the dragon is that once the Halls of Colossus open and dragons are out there, this is what you have to deal with. Dragons are out in the world, there in other places and you have to basically "cork that genie." ...So they're out in the wild, and you have to put them back or get rid of them. Maarselok is one example of that. It was a dragon that essentially hid. When all the dragons went away and got locked up in a vault, this one went off into the hills between Grottwood and Elswyer and just hid away.

Jessica Folsom: So this is the smart one.

Mike Finnigan: He was kind of smart.

Randy Begel: There are others.

Mike Finnigan: There are others but yeah, so he was kind of smart. When the Halls of Colossus opened up, Maarselok was like " aw, it's time to party! Let's get going!" And...he emerged, and now...he has some special properties to him, in that he has a corruption element to him. So anything, any place he goes, anywhere he does...he does anything, it corrupts things. So you see right when you get in here that these bosmer are hanging out by this, like, weird creature, and they're like "this is corrupted, and we don't know why this is corrupted" so they're trying to investigate.
Maarselok is "otherworldy."
19:07
Mike Finnigan: Very early on in this process when we talked to the art team we were like "we want to sell corruption." We had a lot of different angels we could have went with that. But what we wanted to do and what we kind of conveyed to the art team was to say, "we want to sell corruption that looks different. It looks other when you come here. So when you come in here you notice that this doesn't look natural, this isn't a natural type corruption that comes in here. It looks otherworldly, it looks alien, and so...
You fight Maarselok in three fights, and Selene is important in defeating him in all of them.
24:03
Mike Finnigan: ...So in this you're going to fight him flying, and actually Selene's going to do a lot of the work here, and then you'll fight him when he's going between perches, and then you actually fight him when he's grounded and take off enough of his health to actually keep him (on the ground?) and stuff.

Jessica Folsom: So the mechanics change?

Mike Finnigan: Oh the mechanics change quite a bit yes. And in two of the fights she is...integral to the fight. Actually in all three of them.
More on the above, and Selene does most of the heavy lifting in the fights against him.
26:08
Mike Finnigan: So this is again, this is a fight where Selene is going to be helping you here, pretty instrumental, and towards the end of the fight when you get to the final boss fight Maarselok realises the threat that actually Selene is. Because right now he just thinks you're puny humans and whatever and stuff, but he kind of starts to realise as you go through the dungeon that...Selene's doing a lot of this heavy lifting and she probably needs to be dealt with.
Onto Moongrave Fane, Chevalier Renald appears. Chevalier Renald has appeared in several lorebooks before (see below), and is noted to be ancient even by ESO's standards (in that ESO is set centuries before the main games). Renald wants to stop his friend Grundwulf form drinking the blood of a dragon, because he doesn't believe it will end well for him.
Moongrave Fang is in Northern Elsweyr, but wasn't originally accessible because the dragon got shot down and broke through the ground into the tunnels below (see also below).
30:01
Mike Finnigan: So Moongrave Fane actually is in Northern Elsweyr, so this is another aspect we're trying to highlight with...the dragons were released, and unleashed on the world and this dragon happened to be flying around and it got shot down and collapsed through this tunnel, and so that's why you couldn't access it when Northern Elsweyr came out.

31:12
Mike Finnigan: And this is Chevalier Renald, who has been mentioned I know in lorebooks before.

Randy Begel: He's a man of mystery.

Mike Finnigan: He's a man of mystery, as there are...several things that are mentioned about him. He's somewhat ancient, so to have...even by our standards he's ancient even though we take place in the past, he's even older than that. So you get to help him, he had basically his best bud, Grundwulf...has this brilliant idea...to defeat the dragons he's going to steal their powers. So he's a vampire, and he is an old Dragonguard, and he wants to suck the blood of a dragon.

Jessica Folsom: That is not going to end well for him, is it?

Mike Finnigan: Ahh...I mean, you know, you're here and he's the enemy, so you can put two and two together on that one!

Randy Begel: Renald is there actually trying to stop him. That's why he asks for your help as he's...he's pretty sure it's not going to work out great for Grundwolf, and trying to get his friend to stop.
L O W F A N T A S Y P E A K H U M A N S
33:08
yopkzP.gif

vlmJx0.gif
The vampires here have caused the ruins themselves to rise in their defence, as using the Sangiin Sacrifice brings it to life.
36:28
71DJMr.gif
41:50
Renald does a blatantly superhuman jump. This is the 3rd time I've seen something like this happen in ESO. Also apparently the ground isn't broken like that in the final game, but the boss smashing the ground breaks it and brings up lava.
oVAJm3.gif
The hole created by the dragon crashing into the ground.
47:55
TUZ5Y8w.png

p7SV4a9.png
On the lorebooks about Chevalier Renald. He supported Cuhlecain to get the throne, but did so to get closer to Tiber Semptim, but was also under instruction from a pig. It also mentions his vampirism, and how he was also a Tsaesci who became a man.
Lore:Remanada - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Remanda said:
Chapter 2: THE CHEVALIER RENALD, BLADE OF THE PIG

And in the days of interregnum, the Chim-el Adabal was lost again amid the petty wars of gone-heathen kings. West and east knew no union then and all the lands outside of them saw Cyrodiil as a nest of snakemen and snakes. And for four more hundreds of years did the seat of Reman stay sundered, with only the machinations of a group of loyal knights keeping all its borders from throwing wide.

These loyal knights did go by no name then, but were known by their eastern swords and painted eyes, and it was whispered that they were descended from the bodyguard of old Reman. One of their number, called the Chevalier Renald, discovered the prowess of Cuhlecain and then supported him towards the throne. Only later would it be revealed that Renald did this thing to come closer to Talos, anon Stormcrown, the glorious yet-emperor Tiber Septim; only later still, that he was under instruction by a pig.

Long glory was wife to the all the knights of the dragon-banner, who knew no other and were brothers before beyond many seas and now were brothers under the law named the blade-surrender of Pale Pass. And having vampire blood these brother-knights lived for ages through and past Reman and then kept guard over his ward, the coiled king, Versidue-Shaie. The snake-captain Vershu became Renald became the protector of the northern west when the black dart was hooked into Savirien-Chorak.

Here torn pages indicate that the rest of this ancient book has been lost.
Also on the Tsaesci becoming men, why does all of the above sound so familiar?
Lore:Mysterious Akavir - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Mysterious Akavir said:
Ka Po' Tun is the "Tiger-Dragon's Empire". The cat-folk here are ruled by the divine Tosh Raka, the Tiger-Dragon. They are now a very great empire, stronger than Tsaesci (though not at sea). After the Serpent-Folk ate all the Men, they tried to eat all the Dragons.
And the final boss of this dungeon is an old friend of one of the Tsaesci (?) vampiric Dragonguard, boosted on power by dragon blood.

Jode's Embrace, a house Vestige can buy and live in, has a portal window into the plane of Jode.
Crown Store Showcase – July 2019
CROWN STORE SHOWCASE – JULY 2019 said:

Few adeptoriums can match the hallowed majesty of Jode's Embrace. Rumor has it that the temple's worthiest occupants can peer into the sacred realm of Jode itself. Just keep an eye out for Dragons overhead!
According to Savos Aren, the apprentices of the College of Magic sometimes get incinerated.
Skyrim:Savos Aren - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Skyrim said:
Savos Aren: Please don't tell me that another one of the apprentices has been incinerated. I have enough to deal with right now."

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A dragon priestess left the Dragon Cult to worship Peryite. When she's resurrected by cultists, the plague they would unleash will be the worst plague Tamriel has ever seen, worse even than the Thrassian Plague. Note that it will cleanse all of Tamriel.
DRAGON BONES – SCALECALLER PEAK PREVIEW said:
Atop the windswept ruins of Scalecaller Peak, a mysterious cult led by a resurrected Dragon Priest threatens to cleanse Tamriel with a devastating plague. Delve into the second dungeon in The Elder Scrolls Online's next DLC game pack, Dragon Bones, and discover the foul plans of Zaan the Scalecaller and her new Daedric master.
Zaan the Scalecaller has a new patron in the Lord of Pestilence, and their unholy alliance can only spell doom for the people of Tamriel. Will you brave the dark paths of Scalecaller Peak and put a stop to the deadly plague before it can spread?
Further confirmation that Zaan's plague threatens all of Tamriel (And it's spelt Thurvokun, not...however I spelt it before).
Before her betrayal and death, the Dragon Priest Zaan the Scalecaller served the mighty wyrm Thurvokun. Upon her resurrection she found a new patron to serve in her dragon's absence: the Daedric Prince Peryite, the Lord of Pestilence. With her master's blessing, Zaan's powers have grown, and now she threatens to bring her master's scourge to all of Tamriel.
The plague makes those infected by it even stronger. This includes ogres and giants. It can even effect supernatural beings like Nereids.
Making your way up the windswept mountainside, you'll do battle with ogres and giants that have been infected by the cult's mysterious affliction and become all the stronger for it. But even more dangerous are the Peyrite cultists themselves, devoted to their Daedric master and led by the Dragon Priest.
97e38500021d24e122645b14c9c6961e.jpg
As said before, the dragon Thurvokun's destroyed an entire Dwemer City.
Online:Yisareh - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Online:Fang Lair - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Loading Screen (Online) said:
The Dwarven city of Arkngthamz-Phng rivaled the splendor of Dumac's kingdom before it was laid to waste by a Dragon in the First Era. The legend of that terrifying creature has long kept travelers far from Fang Lair ... until now.
Online:Scalecaller Peak - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Loading Screen (Online) said:
Abandoned by its Dragon Lord long ago, the temple of Zaan the Scalecaller remained empty for centuries, cold and discarded. Now a new cult has taken over the mountain, and their repugnant schemes threaten all of Tamriel.
Not only that, but Thurvokun's overwhelmed the greatest creations of the Dwemer (which would not only include their animunculi, but also tonal hax) with his raw power.
Online:Yisareh - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Elder Scrolls Online said:
Vestige: It looks like there are Dwemer ruins here.

Yisareh: Good eye. Legend has it that when Dwarves and Dragons both still walked the land they clashed here. The Dwarves unleashed their greatest works in defense of their home, but for all their invention they were no match for the raw power of the Dragon.
A powerful force field is surrounding Fang Lair, and it's creator (Lizabet) isn't even the strongest there.
Edler Scrolls Online said:
Yisareh: The way deeper into Fang Lair is barred by powerful magic. I've yet to find a discreet way through, but with you here we might be able to disrupt the barrier by force. Give those necromancers a real taste of death and go from there.
Interested?
Vestige: I'll help you deal with these necromancers.
Yisareh:
I don't know what exactly we're up against, but it's sure to impress the enclave. Even Urgarlag.
You'd best take the lead. I'm a pledge-maker, not a pledge-taker.

Vestige: What have you been able to learn about these necromancers?

Yisareh:
Not much thus far, but I've seen them come and go by the dozen. The one conjuring the ritual barrier is Lizabet, powerful, but she's not calling the shots here. Fang Lair is sure to be teeming with undead in any case.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
If the "what's seen in gameplay doesn't accurately reflect the true scale of TES" argument isn't solid enough, here's more evidence.
Oblivion:Fan Interview - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Oblivion Fan Interview said:
Fan Question: The population in Cyrodiil, the assumed main setting for Oblivion, is said to be thousands upon thousands. With such a small NPC bank, how do you plan on emulating this massive crowd?
Todd Howard: With the number of NPCs we have (around 1000), it's dense. It's an insane number for us to pull off, so I can't say were at-all concerned with the number of characters in the game. If anything, it's too many, but we always do that. All of our lore is obviously written as ideal, to say X province or city has so many people, but you can't always actually pull that off on screen, or even store it, so you try to create a scale that feels good in game, that plays well and is fun. So the scale of the terrain and the number of NPCs is always geared to the gameplay more than the lore saying how big or small something is.
Naaslaarum and Voslaarum can fly through the ice, shattering it, even from below through the water and immediately take to the skies.
W70jEo.gif

5941kY.gif
Uldor is the spirit of a Maomer mage who's powerful enough to possess hundreds of bodies, both living and dead.
Online:Uldor - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Vestige: Who is Uldor?
Uldor: Why, I am. I'm Uldor! I see your "Dominion" teaches you nothing of my people. I shouldn't bemoan your ignorance. You fools ended centuries of captivity when you removed the Mourning Stone.
Vestige: What is the Mourning Stone, exactly?
Uldor: Never mind that accursed blue rock. I'm about to restore my wardrobe to its full glory. Behold this Rurelion fellow. Such vibrancy! I could use more like him, but one must be willing to run through a bolt of silk for the finest coat.
Vestige: Free Rurelion, right now.
Uldor: Oh, I believe I'll keep him. At least until my summoning ritual wears him through. You see, undead are all so... beige. But I'm willing to adorn myself with hundreds of tawdry outfits in order to collect the more colorful garb at Eagle's Strand.
Vestige: I can't let you do that.

Uldor: Then drown in a sea of bones!
Even with this level of power, he doesn't try and posses the Vestige due to their nature as a vestige, and infact that would spell trouble for Uldor instead.
Uldor: You! I won't wear a poisoned outfit.
Dovahkiin is refered to as Hjalti by a ghost at the Old Hroldan Inn. Hjalti being another name for Tiber Septim, or Talos.
Ghost of Old Hroldan: Hjalti? Is that you? I've been waiting.
Ghost of Old Hroldan: I fought by your side. To take back the Reach from the savages.
Ghost of Old Hroldan: Do you remember me now, Hjalti?
This is in a inn that Tiber Septim stayed at.
Skyrim:Eydis - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Eydis: That's right. In the Second Era, Tiber Septim himself led the army that conquered Old Hroldan from the barbarians of the Reach. Septim would later found the Empire that united Tamriel, but his first known battle and victory was right here. And this inn has the very bed the great general slept in on his first night as Old Hroldan's liberator. As good as it was hundreds of years ago.
Ghost of Old Hroldan:You promised me, Hjalti. You promised that when we sacked Hroldan, you would make me your sworn brother. And I've waited. Even after the enemies' arrows dug into my chest and their hammers crushed my bones. I've waited. Give me your sword, Hjalti. That we may become brothers as you promised.
Eydis: A sword? I remember a legend that Tiber Septim had attacked one of the enemy camps before he came to Old Hroldan. It could be there. I'll mark it down on your map.
At the start and end of the quest respectively, this is said;
Ghost of Old Hroldan: Hjalti was a shrewd tactician, and his small band of Colovian troops and Nord berserkers broke the Reachman line, forcing them back beyond the gates of Old Hrol'dan. A siege seemed impossible, as Hjalti could expect no reinforcements from Falkreath.
Ghost of Old Hroldan: That night a storm came and visited Hjalti's camp. It spoke with him in his tent. At dawn, Hjalti went up to the gates, and the storm followed just above his head. Arrows could not penetrate the winds around him. He shouted down the walls of Old Hrol'dan, and his men poured in. After their victory, the Nords called Hjalti Talos, or Stormcrown.
The following line never actually made it into the final game, but was data-mined from early content.
ESO - Alinor and Ayarene | The Imperial Library
Unused ESO dialogue said:
"The Aetherius is simply the first layer. I have seen outside the Aetherius."
Though this didn't make it into the game, the idea still remains, and realms beyond Aetherius are mentioned.
Online:Lilatha - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP)
Morrowind Online said:
Vestige: Could I meet him?
Lilatha: Someday, perhaps. The Psijic Order's isle of Artaeum is no longer here. It may return in time, but for now you'd probably have an easier time reaching Aetherius or realms beyond.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

50:14
Gina Bruno: Where did Vivec get his staff?

Lawrence Schick: Muatra? It's not actually...It's a spear actually...and it...you need to read his 36 Lessons and then...you will find out more about Vivec's spear than you want to know.

http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=features&y=2011&m=01&d=20&WeblogPostName=skyrim-s-dragon-shouts&GroupKeys=&PostPageIndex=1

Todd Howard said:
“In the lore, Tiber Septim was the first main emperor. He could shout. His way of the Voice was unmatched,” Howard explains. “He is the original guy who walks the seven thousand steps and talks to the Greybeards. And the idea is, at that time, that they were so powerful they had to have all the villages flee for miles. This little kid is walking up this snowy mountain, and all these people are packed up and they’re walking down and away. Because they know the kid is going up to talk to these guys, and when they talk there’s going to be avalanches.”
Interview with Todd Howard said:
Todd Howard: The greybeards, the guys who live up on the throat of the world, who are the masters of the voice, they find out about this fairly quickly, and they shout your name. They shout Dovahkiin to the wind, and it kind of rumbles through the world. The mountains shake when they call you. And you think ‘what was that,’ and someone says ‘that was the greybeards calling you. To walk the 7,000 steps up the throat of the world to meet them.'

https://www.imperial-library.info/content/introduction-lore-elder-scrolls-online

Introduction to the Lore of the Elder Scrolls Online said:
Unbeknownst to all but a few, Nirn has come unmoored from the fabric of the multiverse, as the mortal realm is drawn ever closer to Coldharbour, the twisted Oblivion realm of the Daedric Prince of domination and enslavement, Molag Bal.
Game Over screen (Shadowkey) said:
Your death in the shadow realm severs your bond with the magic that allows you to share worlds. You are back on your own.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
A list of as many note-worthy Legends cards as I can gather. If I find more, cards of note, I'll add them. Please note that any card marked with * wasn't in the final game but was datamined from it.

Warriors
Pact Shieldbearer - A warrior with a shield blocks a flaming projectile, which bursts on their shield (UESP)
Mad Dash - A heretic/fanatic moves so fast he leaves blurs in his wake (UESP)
Crushing Blow - One Nord pushes another to the ground, having flipped over a table in the process (UESP)
Close Call - A warrior dodges a sword swing from a soldier (UESP)
Encumbered Explorer - An explorer carrying a large amount of treasures, as well as a large axe and sword (UESP)
Imperial Grunt - An Imperial Soldier carrying a large rock to launch from a siege engine (UESP)
Fighter's Guild Berserker - A berserker from the Fighters Guild dual wieding flame axes (UESP)
Ebonthread Cloak - An ebonthread cloak can deflect and even break arrows fired at the wearer (UESP)
Imperial Reinforcements - A column of thousands of Imperial soldiers (UESP)
Battlereeve of Dusk - The Battlereeve of the city of Dusk leads an army into battle (UESP)
Dominion Battlereeve - A battlereeve casting a spell (UESP)
Crusader's Assault (alternate art) - An army of Stormcloaks attack (UESP)
Unite the Houses - The Houses of Morrowind unite (UESP)
Defence of Bruma - Many guards and soldiers gather together to fight back the forces of Dagon (UESP)
Ulfric's Uprising - Ulfric leading the Stormcloaks into battle (UESP)
Unrelenting Siege - Many soldiers lay siege to a city (UESP)
Salvage - Soldiers searching the dead for the wounded and salvage (UESP)
Skirmish - A skirmish with many warriors (UESP)
Rallying Stormcloak - Many Stormcloaks run into battle (UESP)
Tullius's Conscription - General Tullius leads hundreds of Legion soldiers into battle (UESP)
Suthay Bootlegger - A suthay bootlegger lifts a keg over his shoulder (UESP)
Steelheart Vanquisher - A warrior leaps forwards towards many arrows, with enough force to break stone (UESP)
Swift Strike - A khajiit warrior strikes someone, breaking their armour (UESP)
Stoneshard Orc - An orc warrior strikes an iron atronach (UESP)
Yew Shield - A yew shield blocks several arrows (UESP)
Shield Breaker - A warrior shatters an Imperials shield with a warhammer (UESP)
Smash and Grab - Someone shatters a wooden door with a kick (UESP)
Piercing Javelin - A warrior throws a piercing javelin (UESP)
Piercing Javelin (alternate) - A Winged Twilight is pierced by a piercing javelin (UESP)
Saint Jiub - Saint Jiub in the process of wiping all the cliff racers from Morrowind (UESP)
Dodge - A huntress dodges arrows moving at speeds great enough to create sonic ripples (UESP)*

Mages & spells
Winter's Grasp - A spell which can freeze multiple people instantly, and in tropical locations too (UESP)
Winter's Touch - A fighters arm is frozen mid-swing (UESP)
Ice Spike - An ice spike impales someone through their steal armour (UESP)
Ice Storm - A hail of ice spikes are rained down on multiple opponents with enough force to pierce them all the way through (UESP)
Iliac Sorcerer - A sorcerer casts a spell, noticably choosing his own magic over the nearby cannon (UESP)
Sorcerer's Negation - A sorcerer casts what might be negate magic (UESP)
Flame Tempest (precursor to Dawn's Wrath) - A hail of fire sets a forest on fire (UESP)
Power of Naarifin - Naarifin takes out several Imperials with lightning (UESP)
Channeled Storm - A mage, likely Rufiness, conjures forth a massive storm (UESP)
Dragonfire Wizard - A wizard summons dragonfire (UESP)
Telekenesis - A mage uses telekenisis to disarm his opponents while sneaking up on them (UESP)
Lion Guard Strategist - A strategist casts a warding shield over himself and several allies (UESP)
Summerset Shield Mage - A mage casts a protective shield around herself (UESP)
Sparksmith - A blacksmith uses magic to forge swords (UESP)
Blast from Oblivion - A dremora mage casts a powerful freezing spell (UESP)
Altmer Flameslinger - An altmer flameslinger slings a flame while casting a shield with her other hand (UESP)
Burning Touch - A mage burns up a frost troll (UESP)
Cauterize - Someone uses flame magic to seal up a wound (UESP)
Skaven Pyromancer - A pyromancer sets fire to the city of Skaven (UESP)
Cruel Firebloom - A mage sets fire to a forest (UESP)
Devouring Flame - Devouring flames consume a poor individual (UESP)
Traitor's Flames - The traitors flames burn several individuals (UESP)
Rage of Naarifin - Naarifin casts powerful flames (UESP)
Immolating Blast - An intense explosion of fire destroys a cart (UESP)
Immolating Blast (alternate art) - The aftermath of an immolating blast (UESP)
Fireball - People flee from a colossal ball of flames (UESP)
Transmogrophy - One creature is seemingly transformed into another (UESP)
High Rock Summoner - A summoner conjures a storm atronach (UESP)
Breton Conjurer - A Breton summons a forst atronach (UESP)
Desperate Conjuring - A wizard summons an atronach, which shatters nearby stone (UESP)
Mighty Conjuring - A wizard summons a cold-flame atronach, who shatters nearby stone (UESP)
Conjuration Tutor - A mage summons a storm atronach while giving a lecture on summoning (UESP)
Vigilant of Stendar - A Vigilant of Stendar conjures a barrier around her (UESP)
Afliq Illusionist - An adorable afliq illusionist conquers an image (UESP)
Afliq Conjurer - A cute afliq summoner conjures a flame atronach for protection (UESP)
Fingers of the Mountain - The Fingers of the Mountain spell (UESP)

Dragons & Thu'um
Fire Breath - Fire Breath is used to incinerate multiple enemies (UESP)
Swiftwing Dragon - A dragon not only flies fast enough to create a blur behind it, but seems to create a sonic boom (UESP)
Devour - A huge dragon about to devour a Thalmor agent (UESP)
Odahviing - Odvahviing sets a building on fire and dwarves it (UESP)
Nahagliiv - Nahagliiv breathes frost (UESP)
Dovah of the Voice - A dragon sends several soldiers flying (UESP)
Unrelenting Force - A shout bowls a frost troll off it's feet and sends bones flying (UESP)
Dragon's Fury - A dragon incinerates someone with a blast of flame (UESP)
Flamespear Dragon - A dragon burns several carriages (UESP)
Glacial Dragon - A frost dragon freezes someone instantly, in a desert too (UESP)
Supreme Dragon - A supreme dragon flying over volcanos (UESP)
Call Dragon - Dovahkiin calls for Odahviing (UESP)
Wildfire Dragon - A dragon incinerates several hapless warriors (UESP)
Shearpoint Dragon - Projectiles from siege engines break against a dragon (UESP)
Tiny Dragon - An adorable tiny dragon (UESP)
Soul Tear - The Soul Tear shout in action (UESP)
Serpentine Stalker - A serpentine dragon flies through a valley, with a flock of birds for a sense of scale (UESP)
Ironscale Dragon - A mighty dragon lands on an outcrop and causes some damage (UESP)
Dragon and Dragon Priest - A dragonpriest Shouts at a dragon
Mystic Dragon - A meditating dragon with a mystical protective barrier (UESP)
Duel Atop the World - Two Dragons fighting during a storm (UESP)
Cast Into Time - Alduin is cast out of the world by the Ancient Nord Heroes with the power of an Elder Scroll (UESP)

Flora & fauna of Tamriel
Unstoppable Rage - A giant pounds the ground, ripping up the ground and causing a considerable explosion of dirt (UESP)
Unstoppable Rage (alternate) - A giant creates an avalanche and sends an adventurer and many boulders flying down a slope (UESP)
Ancient Giant - An absolutely massive giant the size of a mountain (UESP)
Belligerent Giant - A giant sends someone flying and shatters the ice (UESP)
Belligerent Giant (alternate art) - A giant chases after an adventurer (UESP)
Cradlecrush Giant - A giant at Cradlecrush destroys a cat with a swing of his club (UESP)
Stone Throw - A giant throws a boulder a considerable distance (UESP)
Stampeding Mammoth - A mammoth which has broken its chains on the rampage (UESP)
Phalanx Exemplar - A soldier charges forth, with massive mammoth bones behind him (UESP)
Swamp Leviathan - A colossal reptilian monster found in the swamps of Black Marsh (UESP)
Valenwood Tree - A giant Valenwood tree (UESP)*
Duneripper - A duneripper jumps out of the sand, with a cart wheel nearby for a sense of scale (UESP)
Cliff Racer - A cliff racer moves fast enough to make vapor trails (UESP)
Manitora - A mantikora towers over a guard (UESP)
Will-o-the-Wisp - An etherial will-o-the-wisp (EUSP)
Protective Spider - A giant frostbite spider looms over a party of adventurers (UESP)
Wily Kee'va - The Wily Kee'va about to feast on the corpse of a knight, with said knight for scale (UESP)
War-Hardened Senche - A powerful senche being ridden into battle (UESP)
Wild Echatere - A wild echatere charges with great speed, bringing up dirt and dust as it does (UESP)
Old Salty's Assault - Old Salty leads a charge of crabs (UESP)

Daedra
Swarm Mother - A huge aquatic daedra found in the Shivering Isles (UESP)
Giant Chicken - A giant chicken wrecks havoc throughout a town in the Shivering Isles (UESP)
The Gatekeeper - The Gatekeeper to the Shivering Isles hulks over some intruders and holds one of them in one hand (UESP)
Squish the Wimpy - The Gatekeeper picks up a massive stone to crush an intruder (UESP)
Squish the Wimpy (alternate art) - An iron atronach shatters stone and smashes down the much smaller soldiers (UESP)
Storm Atronach - A storm atronach with a storm in the background (UESP)
Frost Atronach - A mighty frost atronach with a blizzard in the background (UESP)
Lava Atronach - A lava atronach towering over an adventurer (UESP)
Flesh Atronach - A flesh atronach shattering stone, with a soldier nearby for a sense of scale (UESP)
Iron Atronach - An iron atronach that looks to be shattering stone (UESP)
Crushing Grasp - An iron atronach reaches down to crush a soldier (UESP)
Mighty Stomp - An iron atronach stomps, shattering the ground and bowling back the soldiers (UESP)
Possible Iron Atronach Action - An iron atronach generates a cortex of flame around itself and uproots chunks of rock (UESP)*
Invasion Party - A group of scamps attack through an Oblivion Gate (UESP)
Daedric Titan - A mighty daedric titan (UESP)
Clannfear Runt - A clannfear runt fights a Kvatch guard, with the daedra being bigger than the soldier despite being a runt (UESP)
Dread Clannfear - A Dread Clannfear, bigger and stronger than normal clanfear (UESP)
Unexpected Arrival - A clannfear bursts through a wooden door (UESP)
Blood-Crazed Daedroth - A hungry daedroth dwarves an unfortunate victim (UESP)
Flaming Breath - A daedroth breathes a torrent of flames (UESP)
Memory Wraith - A wraith of Nocturnal steals the memories of Sehts followers (UESP)

Undead & necromancy
Lich's Ascension - Barilzar in the process of becoming a lich via the Mazed Brand (UESP)
Skeletal Dragon - An undead skeletal dragon and several skeletons (UESP)
Bone Colossus - A bone colossus, with other skeletons nearby for a sense of scale (UESP)
Arise - Undead enemies amass (UESP)
Grave Grasp - Skeletons reach up out of the ground for a legionnaire (UESP)
Rising of Bones - A necromancer raises a creature from the dead (UESP)
Risen Dead - A skeleton pushes aside the stone covering of its tomb (UESP)
Skeletal Mage - A skeletal mage zaps someone with lightning (UESP)
Soul Split - A hapless victim has their soul split (UESP)
Lame Corprus - A lame corprus lifts a large stone above its head (UESP)
Night Talon Lord - A Volkihar Vampire Lord after having ripped someones arm off (UESP)

Lycanthropy
Child of Hircine - A werewolf knocks down trees and tears up the ground (UESP)
Blighted Werebat - A blighted werebat, with some bones nearby for a sense of scale (UESP)

Animunculi & Machines
Dwarven Centurian - An immense Dwemer Centurion destroys a stone pillar (UESP)
Blackreach Rebuilder - A Dwemer Spider repairing broken pipes & machinery (UESP)
Yagrum Bagarn - The last living dwemer tinkering with one of his creations (UESP)
Yagrum's Workshop - The workshop of the last dwarf (UESP)
Reconstruction Engine - The reconstruction engine repairs a damaged animunculi (UESP)
Mechanical Ally - One animunculi repairs another (UESP)
Assembled Titan - An Assembled Titan with storm clouds in the background (UESP)
Clockwork Dragon - A huge Clockwork Dragon shattering stone (UESP)
Assembled Conduit - A factotum casting magic, two spells from the looks of it (UESP)
Assembled Sentry - Multiple arrows break on the sentry factotums shield (UESP)
Shalk Fabricant - A shalk fabricant unleashes a gust of flames, with skulls below it for a sense of scale (UESP)
Brass Fortress - The Brass Fortress in Clockwork City, filled with metal trees and distant birds (UESP)
Piston Cavem - An expanse of the Clockwork City filled with giant pistons (UESP)
Risen Abomination - A cyborg horror created by Mecinar (UESP)
Siege Crawler - A colossal daedric siege crawler sets an entire town ablaze (UESP)

Mythic figures & events
Avatar of Akatosh - The Avatar of Akatosh during the Oblivion Crisis (UESP)
Soulburst - The Soulburst commences (UESP)
Painted World - A beautiful sunset in the painted world (UESP)
Summerset Orrery - The orrery of plane(t)s located in Summerset (UESP)
Edict of Azura - Azura's power evicerates a dragon and turns it to ashes (UESP)
Sheogorath's Wrath - Sheogorath sets a town ablaze (UESP)
Jyggalag's Incursion - An Obelisk of Order which manifests as Sheogorath becomes Jyggalag (UESP)
Dawn's Wrath - An instance of the Dawn's Wrath templar ability calling down holy power from the Sun (UESP)
Luminous Shards - Shards of divine power are called down from the Heavens upon multiple fos (UESP)
Chodala's Treachery - The False Incarnation Chodala destroys several people with Sunna'rah (UESP)
Trial of Flame - Several brave warriors face the Trial of Flame (UESP)
Sotha Sil's Blessing - The Clockwork God bestows his blessing upon a fabricant (UESP)
The Red Year - The effects of the Red Year after the Fall of Baar Dau (UESP)
Battle of the Gods - The Forgotten Hero uses the mechanical Heart to ascend to godhood (UESP)
Unexpected Demise - The Nightmother punishes Alisanne in a firestorm for her treachery (UESP)
Wrath of Sithis - The Wrath of Sithis attacks a member of the Dark Brotherhood who broke the Tenets of Sithis (UESP)
Ritual of Sithis - A ritual of Sithis with the Dread Father himself watching over (UESP)*
Umaril the Unfeathered - Umaril the Unfeathered walking on the sky (UESP)

Loading Screens
Chaos Arena - A mountain-sized Sheogorath plays with the Chaos Arena and the people inside (UESP)
Isle of Madness - Sheogorath watches over his realm in his dual aspects (UESP)
Houses of Morrowind - Vivec watches over the beautiful landscape of Morrowind (UESP)
Heros of Skyrim - Alduin attacks a settlement while the Nords try to fight back with weapons & magic (UESP)
Moons of Elsywer - A Khajiit with Jone and Jode behind him, and all the lunar phases (UESP)

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Like how Solitude is ranked better than even Whiterun.

Even Windhelm is safer than that damn place. I’ll take a few racist Nords and even the serial killer there over Queen Potema, covens of Necromancers, the Thalmor HQ, and the fucking Volkihar Vampires all next door.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Whiterun is the best place to live. It’s removed from all the nastier things you find as all you have to worry about surrounding it are bandits, and even the one Daedric Prince there, Mephala, is pretty subtle about what she does and even admits she can’t get anything done until you show up. You also got the Companions living there and it being a well-fortified city to anything short of a dragon that’s run by one of the best Jarls in the game. Shoot, even Balgruuf’s Stormcloak replacement Vignar is still one of the better Jarls to have running the city as a worthy replacement.

Windhelm would probably be number 2. Really says something when a serial killer is outright mundane compared to the competition. But it’s otherwise a much safer place than the other holds, especially with Ulfric and the city’s high concentration of Stormcloaks making it impossible to invade. The only other thing I could maybe peg the place down for is being a bit too close to a Boethia cult.

Solitude would than be the next best. All the nasty stuff it has just beyond its walls is probably at least partially addressed by how well fortified it is and the strong Imperial Legion presence the city has.

Winterhold’s not too bad if your a mage and can make it into the college. It’s hilarious how even a dragon can show up there only to get destroyed in moments by the mages. Otherwise it sucks to live there for everyone else given its a mostly destroyed town with almost no buildings and exposed to some of the harshest and coldest weather.

Every other Hold sucks.

Morthal: All but ensured to have its entire people end up as cattle to a group of vampires in a cave within walking distance until the Dragonborn arrives. It’s also situated in a swamp chalk full of Chaurus.

Falkreath: Run by the worst Jarl in the game unless the Stormcloaks take it over who does nothing for the people, allows bandits to raid his own people so long as they pay him, and even kisses up to the Thalmor if it means more indulging in their hedonism. Place has a nasty vampire, werewolf, and Spriggan problem too. Not to mention the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary within the area.

Markarth: Take your pick between the Forsworn savages in the entire Reach and the ones infiltrating within the city who all murder indiscriminately, the most corrupt city guard in the whole game and a Jarl in denial, Thalmor presence, a cannibal cult of Namira worshippers, and Molag Ballin’ himself all being there.

Dawnstar: Another crap Jarl running it unless the Imperials take over, Vaermina with her Skull Staff constantly draining its inhabitants of their memories and making all their sleeps filled with nightmares, a Mehrunes Dagon sanctuary too close by for comfort, a necrophiliac mage situated in the outskirts who kidnaps women, murders them, and raises them as undead servants, and Anniversary edition threw in a crazed murder-cult of Molag Bal worshipping vampires hidden in one of the mines.

Riften: Black-Briar family which are basically a corrupt mafia that runs the town more than their own Jarl. Thieve’s Guild and other assorted criminals and crazies all right underground of the city make this place impossible to live in.

So in short, living in Skyrim is suffering

Last edited:
Back