The Menu (2022)

MV5BMzdjNjI5MmYtODhiNS00NTcyLWEzZmUtYzVmODM5YzExNDE3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTAyMjQ3NzQ1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Bon appétit!

Reactions: Ral
I saw this last month, and I enjoyed it.

The tone of it somewhat reminded of Midsommar, probably because that's the only other "dark comedy" film I've seen, but this one didn't fuck me up after watching.

It's probably nowhere near as thought provoking as others in the genre, though, but that's fine with me.

Reactions: Ral
I saw this last month, and I enjoyed it.

The tone of it somewhat reminded of Midsommar, probably because that's the only other "dark comedy" film I've seen, but this one didn't fuck me up after watching.

It's probably nowhere near as thought provoking as others in the genre, though, but that's fine with me.
Midsommar was thought provoking? Dude a movie can be as dumb or as elevated as the person watching it wants it to be. Zoolander is a fucking modern greek tragedy according to my outlook on life. The Menu was just as a fun little thrill ride with a nice punchline with the whole
return to burger
message.

On that note Something in The Dirt was the final grain of sand needed to tip my expectations for the duo directors' future projects off completely. The Endless was such a nice little flick and so was Spring.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
As someone who works in restaurants/food service, this movie hit a note in me, ngl.

I've def been in the same mental headspace as the chef when bullshit starts going down in the kitchen, and the job really does wear you down physically and emotionally.

As someone who works in restaurants/food service, this movie hit a note in me, ngl.

I've def been in the same mental headspace as the chef when bullshit starts going down in the kitchen, and the job really does wear you down physically and emotionally.
Haven't worked it but as part of my tourism major in uni I had to go through extensive restaurant and serving classes. Anything from being able to organise an event and create a menu from scratch to being able to carry 4 dishes on each arm (there was a money penalty for broken dishes so yeah was fun...) and I can only imagine how fast all this can go to shit "in the field".

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Yeah it’s wild. Sometimes it’s not even the kitchens fault but you have to kowtow to the customer and what they want even if it’s unreasonable (gimme an extra well done steak but make sure it’s juicy. Someone allergic to shellfish eating at a seafood joint)

Yeah it’s wild. Sometimes it’s not even the kitchens fault but you have to kowtow to the customer and what they want even if it’s unreasonable (gimme an extra well done steak but make sure it’s juicy. Someone allergic to shellfish eating at a seafood joint)
Or you know when they ask why the kebab has flies coming out of it. Fucking crybabies man.

Back