The Sandman (2022 - )

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I'm two episodes in and though I did have some doubts leading up to it, so far it's the best show I have seen in...a long time. A very long time.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately, it doesn't look to be my cup of tea; I thought I could hang on, but I got more of a kick out of Penny Dreadful when it first dropped :blobcry

Who knows, maybe I need to give it a few more episodes for it to feel right :catfeels

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I have finished it.
It's my favourite show of the year so far. Parts of it made me appreciate the original comics even more (the Corinthian getting the "collectors" all together, who all believed the same thing so that they could dream the same thing). It's one of the most accurate adaptions I've seen.

Personally I didn't have any issue with the casting; most of the characters are cosmic entities who are only seen the way they are because of how mortals and lesser beings perceive them, and all the actors did a great job. It was a bit weird seeing Lucifer as a woman though, although the actress was good.

The special effects were great for the most part, and were used to help the story forward rather than just "look at how pretty this is!"

My main issue was with the author in the Calliope special being a fucking stupid idiot who didn't just let Calliope go in exchange for help (even if that was in the comics, which I vaguely recall, it was still frustrating to see).

Certainly it's the best show I've seen on Netflix in a long time.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
about 7 episodes in and have enjoyed most of it besides johanna constantine. she just doesn't seem like the comic character at all. Everyone else has been great though. The John's Diner and Hob Gladwhatever episodes were the highlights so far

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
I have finished it.
It's my favourite show of the year so far. Parts of it made me appreciate the original comics even more (the Corinthian getting the "collectors" all together, who all believed the same thing so that they could dream the same thing). It's one of the most accurate adaptions I've seen.

Personally I didn't have any issue with the casting; most of the characters are cosmic entities who are only seen the way they are because of how mortals and lesser beings perceive them, and all the actors did a great job. It was a bit weird seeing Lucifer as a woman though, although the actress was good.

The special effects were great for the most part, and were used to help the story forward rather than just "look at how pretty this is!"

My main issue was with the author in the Calliope special being a fucking stupid idiot who didn't just let Calliope go in exchange for help (even if that was in the comics, which I vaguely recall, it was still frustrating to see).

Certainly it's the best show I've seen on Netflix in a long time.
agree on the casting. Johanna Constantine is the only outlier, Death and Lucifer both felt true to the characters regardless of any gender/race changes. Corinthian was probably my favorite part too, I hope the show continues to the point in the comics where he gets reborn or whatever happened

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Screen-Shot-2022-10-13-at-9-35-37-am.png

Back