To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Toaru GT vol 5 chap 1 last part;

I find this a bit funny. Does this mean that AC has steroids that can turn a baseline human into 70 tonner?
:mjgrin
Pretty much

GT_Index_v03_324-325.jpg

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Toaru GT vol 5 chap 1 last part;

I find this a bit funny. Does this mean that AC has steroids that can turn a baseline human into 70 tonner?
:mjgrin

A minor question that has been on my mind a bit. Would a Magic God be able to replicate Archetype Controller? Besides Aiwass related spells is there any reason for Aleister stuff to be unreplicable by an MG?
LOL

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
So hypothetically if Accelerator's plasma storm calculation counted as a legit reaction feat, who'd actually scale to it? :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Which reminds me, did Othinus ever react to her "crosses the universe (or was it universes?) in an instant" crossbow shot? Or the one that "ignored the concept of numbers"? Either/or would be fine. :hm

I feel like it'd be weird if she couldn't, but "you can't prove a negative" and all that.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Which reminds me, did Othinus ever react to her "crosses the universe (or was it universes?) in an instant" crossbow shot? Or the one that "ignored the concept of numbers"? Either/or would be fine. :hm

I feel like it'd be weird if she couldn't, but "you can't prove a negative" and all that.
Touma did, no reason it doesn’t apply to her given the numerous times she’s gotten him before he could react including in that same fight

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Like Coronzon, MGs, Aleister(?), Aiwass, and who else again?
Yeah.

MGs
Coronzon
Aiwass
Anna
Alice
Rensa with Accelerator power
Etc

Debatable whether to scale to:
Kazakiri
Archangels
Fiamma's HR (Technically it ignores the speed but it is an NLF issue and well in that case it could be debated if it had such reactions)
Ollerus

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Now I know how OtherGalaxy feels looking over old Transformers stuff and them getting insane upgrades because of it :mjlol

But yeah, these kind of seem like important things to take note of, kind of weird that people have glossed over this kind of stuff in threads before. :hm

Don't the nerfed MGs also have a potentially MFTL feat in the WR "timeline"? Why wasn't that accepted again?

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Yeah.

MGs
Coronzon
Aiwass
Anna
Alice
Rensa with Accelerator power
Etc

Debatable whether to scale to:
Kazakiri
Archangels
Fiamma's HR (Technically it ignores the speed but it is an NLF issue and well in that case it could be debated if it had such reactions)
Ollerus
Not sure if you could really call it a NLF when the narration makes it pretty clear that it ignores speed as a concept (Kamachi would have specified if it were just simply "teleporting" onto the target after all) and distance, among other things.

In a way, it's also not even contradicted. Touma couldn't dodge it, he could only dodge the lasers Fiamma shot at him, and we know how insane his reactions can get later on (sure he got that through experience against Othinus, but you get the point).
And Aleister just blitzed him with the Blasting Rod, which can keep up with MGs and all that.

Seems pretty clear cut in terms of hypothetical limitations to me anyway.

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Don't the nerfed MGs also have a potentially MFTL feat in the WR "timeline"? Why wasn't that accepted again?
It was because we cannot confirm 100% that the attack came from other stars.

I mean, probably yes since Othinus did transform stars into spears and throw them, the MG who did it was a Sun God and most of the magic in his pantheon is based on manipulating light or the reflection of light from others astros/planets/stars like Venus, but there is no explicit confirmation that it came from stars, they only say that it came from outside the planet.
Maybe if an anime, manga or other MG comes out it says something more direct.
Nerfed Nyang Nyang once joked that removing the stars from the sky was easy, but the tone of the conversation was not serious.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
So just to clarify, was Accelerator's lack of experience the only argument against him getting "outsmarted" by the Sisters messing with his control over the wind (and thus why the feat wouldn't be legit for his reaction time)? Or was there more? :hm

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
So just to clarify, was Accelerator's lack of experience the only argument against him getting "outsmarted" by the Sisters messing with his control over the wind (and thus why the feat wouldn't be legit for his reaction time)? Or was there more? :hm
Well, nobody has checked if my calculation is legit or not xd

But the biggest stone in the road is that a debate can be started about whether it is an outlier or not and if the calculation capacity enters into reactions.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Well, nobody has checked if my calculation is legit or not xd

But the biggest stone in the road is that a debate can be started about whether it is an outlier or not and if the calculation capacity enters into reactions.
I was mainly thinking about like, specific things in the story rather than users bringing up said anti-feats, if that makes sense. :hm

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Would it hurt to try and make a separate thread discussing the validity of certain speed feats or should that wait until "everything" is jotted down in here? :hm

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Would it hurt to try and make a separate thread discussing the validity of certain speed feats or should that wait until "everything" is jotted down in here? :hm
The best thing is to have everything written down, I mean it might annoy users to make threads for everything like Bleach fans do

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
What are all the top tier speed feats anyway?
I know there's the Accelerator plasma storm calc, MGs using light from stars as attacks, Niang-Niang (albeit in a non-serious tone) stating that they could easily remove all the stars in the sky/universe, Coronzon's sword/Othinus' Gungnir/crossbow shots, etc.
And the HR possibly being instantaneous but I'm not really sure about that.

Is that it or am I forgetting something?

Last edited:
Back