To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member

This or use the blog @Top59 I'm pretty sure you made one.

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
From what I see, everything GT7 has already been translated in Baka Tsuki.

Has anyone already read it?

Mr.OMG

Paramount
“A Certain Magical Virtual-On” is a parallel world to the original work, but chronologically, it seems to be around immediately after the end of “Gremlin Arc” (MTL)

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Multiversal+ To Aru is already a thing, get with the times. :mjpls

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
This didn't initially bother me but where the fuck did this guy get that statement that Accelerator made from?

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Latest crossover with Imaginary Fest is Full Metal Alchemist

FhHo3eTXwAAm3am

FhHo9QIWAAAj2_J

FhHowoEX0AEjm9w

FhHo5L8XEAITl2_

FhHo0tKX0AIClGI

FhHo7cyXwAARx1d

FhHo8bgXoAAx9K4

This is a dope crossover but what a missed opportunity to not have Aureolus Izzard interacting with Alchemists from another universe.

• Wow
Reactions: Ral
E

Example

Unconfirmed
Good times were had when the Accelerator vs Onii-Sama (Mahouka) threads were made in Spacebattles and it spanned multiple pages.

To be fair tho, the latter should probably receive more attention because some of the higher end characters have weird abilities and explanations for them that can give To Aru some trouble.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Good times were had when the Accelerator vs Onii-Sama (Mahouka) threads were made in Spacebattles and it spanned multiple pages.

To be fair tho, the latter should probably receive more attention because some of the higher end characters have weird abilities and explanations for them that can give To Aru some trouble.
Imaginary Fest also had a Toaru X Mahouka crossover too

Paxton

V.I.P. Member

I'm pretty sure the way Mahouka magic works is, from what I recall, pretty similar in mechanics to Esper teleportation (which he's blocked), i.e. movement through a higher dimension (initially from the caster using the magic sequence and sending it towards the information dimension) to cause an instantaneous effect in 3-D space.

Or something like that.
So I'd probably say it wouldn't be able to do much to him.

Ignoring the enormous speed discrepancy (relativistic+ for Accelerator at the least and... hypersonic I think for Onii-Sama) and the high level magic nullification (and redirection(?)) he should have at this point.

E

Example

Unconfirmed
@Paxton Which would probably be the most obvious conclusion considering that Baryon Lance, one of Tatsuya's trump cards for breaking down neutron-based barriers that Decomposition can't sufficiently break through (due to barriers being able to regenerate via replicating individually) can only go as fast as 10,000 km/s. Nowhere near the speed of light.

It's a thin strip of metal that's coated with something that cancels out neutron-based barriers fired at a super speed so clearly that attack has a vector component to it, which Accelerator's barrer cancels out.

But...it's not like other people in the cast from both series are worthless. They got some cool tricks of their own as well, with some magicans in different countries (Mahouka) working as combat-magicians in the police or military, which sound pretty promising if you read the descriptions for a certain spell or magic (Meteor Stream, Phalanx, and Rupture are some of the deadliest ones but there are spells in the verse that can turn weapons such that they ignore durability too).

Only downside is that it takes from 0.1 second to a whole second to activate magic.

Back