To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Mr.OMG

Paramount
:jerrykek Bro that might be how it works in OMGAru but in canon toaru Othinus's Gungnir literally smashed and shattered all the phases. There is no layering or hidden phases other than the ones we already know like the hidden world and pure world, because everything else didn't fucking exist.
Dude, you've been told several times that throwing a spear doesn't destroy a phase, it creates a new phase. You can start fucking reading now or not.

しかし、その平穏もつかの間、『隠世』--世界に存在するすべての『位相』の、さらに薄紙一枚を隔てた場所から真の『グレムリン』たる完全な『魔神』たちが現れる
No we do have other sources, namely Othinus and the Magic Gods themselves, common sense would dictate that they have more knowledge of their own abilities than a dude guessin with incomplete information.
The problem is that neither Othinus nor the other magic gods explain how the Phases work. At most, they create new Phases on top of old Phases. NT9 is the only book that explains how the Phases work, and even the narrative supports Touma's words.
It's not, for anyone not on the level of a Magic God.

Magic Gods explicitly are above phases due to literally having the ability to create and destroy them.

Coronzon wanted to destroy everything, including the tree and pure world, not just phases and the universe hence why she needed to do Mo Athair.

Aleister in fact can destroy phases seeing as how it's said that in NT 12 he destroyed the hidden world.

And he needed Aiwass not just to destroy all the phases but to kill the Magic Gods cause they would just create phases to replace the destroyed ones.
Eh, Beast666 is on the same level of existence as the Magic Gods, only unlike them, he can control something else that is inaccessible to the Magic Gods. Even Birdway can repeat a spear throw (and according to your headcanon, destroy all Phases with it).

The problem is that the Phases are mapped to the Sephirah, and they can't be on the same level as the material world. The destruction of the Phases also means the total destruction of the entire Tree of Sephiroth. Plan Coronzon, Plan Fiamma, and Plan Aleister are is compared because each of them affects the entire Ein System. Coronzon to destroy everything, Fiamma to correct the distortion of the four elements in all worlds, and Aleister Crowley to destroy everything but the Pure World.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Dude, you've been told several times that throwing a spear doesn't destroy a phase, it creates a new phase. You can start fucking reading now or not.
Jesus fucking christ and again your fucking wrong.

Again that gungnir's effect is caused by the creation of a phase is speculation from Touma(hell replica Gungnir explicitly can't create anything but still destroy the world just like Othinus, more proof that the magic gods powers aren't limited to creation), what we know is not speculation is Othinus having shattered and smashed all the phases.

As the lance was fired with tremendous force, the “happy world” was smashed to pieces as if space itself was being torn apart. As a fragment of the world approached with the force of a raging wave, it took on the shape of a giant lance. The walls of all the phases were crushed, transformed into a swirl of deadly weapons resembling sharp shards of glass, and approached their pitiful target as if to swallow him whole.

Your headcanon doesn't trump what the story says dude. Unless your accusing of Js06 of mistranslating the story, in which case source pls, I'm just going with what is said.

しかし、その平穏もつかの間、『隠世』--世界に存在するすべての『位相』の、さらに薄紙一枚を隔てた場所から真の『グレムリン』たる完全な『魔神』たちが現れる

Okay and this is relevant why? It just supports the fact that the hidden world phase is special.

The problem is that neither Othinus nor the other magic gods explain how the Phases work. At most, they create new Phases on top of old Phases. NT9 is the only book that explains how the Phases work, and even the narrative supports Touma's words.
Do you remember who exactly said that?

Othinus did.

Do you also remember who said she destroyed everything?

Othinus herself, the Magic Gods, and Kamachi in the GT6 afterword.

And do you remember who said that Magic Gods can destroy?

Othinus who said she can and did destroy and remake everything, and the True Magic Gods who can explicitly destroy the entire world simply by moving an arm or leg due to their infinite power and the TMG's themselves saying that while nerfed they can still destroy the world.

Touma did not say these things but the beings who's knowledge of their own abilities trump's his do.

and even the narrative supports Touma's words.

The narrative only partly supports it.

Even then stuff like Touma's explanation of how Magic Gods paint over the world is while technically correct is also wrong at the same time.

Cause they aren't painting over one canvas(world), their putting a blank canvas over the painting and painting on that new canvas(world) but the old canvas(world) still exists beneath the new one.

As explained by Othinus, not Touma.

Again Touma is literally making educated guesses based off what he's learning from Othinus, he is not a genius repository on the knowledge of phases than the beings who literally have the power to create and destroy them.

What Othinus and the Magic Gods can also do is destroy all the canvases with their power. As explained by their own words.

Even Birdway can repeat a spear throw (and according to your headcanon, destroy all Phases with it).

Yes???

That is literally what's said in NT 10

But his plans did not exactly pan out.

“Hey, Othinus,” said Birdway quietly. “You can fight too if you want.”

A moment later, a lance grew from the girl’s hand with a ridiculous sound.

Kamijou recognized it.

It was made of gold and it had a tree-like design. That weapon of the gods had toyed with the entire world and cornered him in that infinite hell.

“Gungnir!?” shouted Othinus.

“Weren’t you listening? If used right, the 103,000 grimoires in her head contain the possibility to reach the level of a magic god.”

She grabbed the lance that grew from her palm, rested it on her shoulder, and smiled.

“I hear you stole the plans from Brunhild Eiktobel’s head, but there were other ways. …Then again, this isn’t the god’s weapon itself. A god’s weapon can only be used by a god, after all. I fine-tuned it for human use and that twisted its properties a bit.”

“Wait a minute.” Kamijou glanced at Othinus over his shoulder. “I thought Gungnir was meant to properly control the power of a magic god. It shouldn’t do anything if a human uses it!!”

“Do you really think it ends at what you see before you?”

Birdway’s words sent a chill down his spine.

(It can’t be. It can’t be!!)

“What do you call someone who wields the lance of the gods?”

“You mean…you’ve become a magic god!?”

“No,” denied Othinus. “If you truly possessed the lance and you had truly become the head Norse god, you would have needed to sacrifice an eye like I did. That is unavoidable if you want to become me. Even if you start from 100 different points, you can’t travel down the proper route without passing through there. That means you aren’t Odin, you aren’t Othinus, and you aren’t Woden.”

“It doesn’t really matter.”

Birdway slowly rotated her hand to move the lance from her shoulder.

She was not preparing to thrust the blade at her enemies.

She was preparing to throw it.

“All I need to do is produce the same phenomenon as the thrown lance, even if just once. It’s a bit presumptuous to call yourself a god just for wielding the power of destruction, but rude as it might be, it should still give me the right to kill a god.”

Kamijou felt as if the world were growing black before his eyes.

He knew the genuine destruction produced by that lance’s surefire strike. That spell would split apart the entire world, gather the whirl of fragments, and create a giant spear tip out of them. The world of man would be destroyed for the convenience of a god and the surging violence would create a nightmarish attack to wash away an individual.

And this time, there was no way to recreate the world.

If it was destroyed, it was all over.

On the other hand, not reaching the level of a magic god was not the same as not being able to kill a magic god.

(It’s simple.)

Birdway smiled while holding the lance.

She used her absolute poker face to suppress the headache eating into the inside of her skull.

She was making full use of 103,000 grimoires’ worth of knowledge, so the “poisonous knowledge” flowing from Index was continually contaminating her mind.

In her long life, she would only have one chance at this.

But magicians were the type who said it was a small price to pay if it allowed them to kill a magic god with human hands.

(Othinus and the boy both know how far a magic god can go, so I just have to draw it out of them. I can’t reproduce the gods or their weapons, but if I can draw the phenomenon of destruction from their heads, I’ll have the means to kill one.)

Of course, how well humans could create actual techniques based on those legends was a different story.

Some created illusions in smoke and others created imitations using virtual matter such as ectoplasm, but the spell used to embody it was not what mattered.

The image source was most important.

(I get the feeling that she’s hiding some other trump card beyond the lance, but that’s too vague to get a good grip on. We can only rely on the lance that we can understand here in this world.)

Her lance could not control a magic god’s power.

Nor could it recreate the world.

It instead focused on the head god’s attack. It took that single fragment of the great power of the gods and allowed a human to make a high-quality recreation of that phenomenon which was included in the lance.

What was magic in the first place?

A fragile human could only contain so much. A small human hand could only scoop up a tiny amount. That meant they could not make the legends of the gods their own and they could not completely take the actions of the gods for themselves.

That was why they cut it down to size.

Rather going broad and shallow, they would go narrow and deep. They would extract a single point, repeatedly hone that one point, occasionally expand the interpretation, and ultimately reach an independent and individual technique.

(You could call this an imitation divine technique.)

This was the original form of spells.

It was a strange system that humans created to grant their own wishes, even if it meant desecrating the gods.

And thus it was detested by many religious people and clergymen.

(Man cannot kill a god, but a phenomenon extracted from a magic god should be able to reach that magic god!! She will be destroyed by the very system she created!!)

Not even Birdway knew what would happen once she released that lance.

Her only expectation was for it to be an attack that even Magic God Othinus would believe.

“It doesn’t matter where I am! If you launch that lance, the whole world will be blown away!”

She ignored his nonsense and carefully corrected her aim.

The weight of the lance seemed to change in her hand.

This was a weapon to use against a magic god, so it was so very powerful that it was not suited for such a small scale.

Even though it's a replica not containing the full power of the Magic Gods Othinus, nor her ability to create phases.

it can still replicate the destruction the Magic God Othinus can do with it which means that the destruction is different from phase creation. Which is actually just more proof that Magic Gods don't just create but can destroy.

Because of this Replica Gungnir can destroy the world but not recreate it.

Hence why Touma and Othinus freaked the fuck out.

The problem is that the Phases are mapped to the Sephirah, and they can't be on the same level as the material world. The destruction of the Phases also means the total destruction of the entire Tree of Sephiroth.

What? You can absolutely destroy phases without destroying the entire world that's what Crowley and Othinus did.

Tha doesn't fucking make sense unless we're just gonna say that Othinus is equal to Mo Athair now.

Hell Magic Gods explicitly have the ability to create phases...

How can they when their "of the material world."

Do they actually not create phases now?

Are they actually fucking retarded when they say that they can destroy the world?

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
In OMGAru the Magic Gods are all actually fucking retarded and don't know how their own powers work while Touma is a genius whose knowledge of the Magic Gods abilities trump's their own.

And the narration written by Kamachi is also fucking wrong and should be ignored...

Only in OMGAru

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
Hell your argument in and of itself is self defeating.

The entire reason why you, paxton, Astaro, and I agreed Othinus is multiversal is because she destroyed all the phases.

If she never actually did so she isn't multiversal:maybe

Your debunking your own beliefs.

Last edited:

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
And Othinus needing Imagine Breaker to reset everything wouldn't make sense either.

Cause if she didn't destroy anything but covered them up all she would need to do is uncover it.

She wouldn't need Imagine Breaker to recreate anything.

I guess that's the retardation all magic gods have in OMGAru:russ

Last edited:

Paxton

One Sin and Hundreds of Good Deeds
V.I.P. Member
Don't forget about the Dainsleif calamities.

Othinus literally stated that they'd be capable of destroying the "World" much like she did, and since they obviously don't use Phase manipulation.... yeah.

The Dainsleif calamities appearing in the "World" would shatter it like glass much like True Gremlin would, albeit they're obviously weaker.

Mr.OMG

Paramount
Jesus fucking christ and again your fucking wrong.

Again that gungnir's effect is caused by the creation of a phase is speculation from Touma(hell replica Gungnir explicitly can't create anything but still destroy the world just like Othinus, more proof that the magic gods powers aren't limited to creation), what we know is not speculation is Othinus having shattered and smashed all the phases.
You are a fucking idiot. Use some logic and start thinking. Can't you read or something? The story says that, the story itself says that the act of destroying all phases still creates a new phase.
Your headcanon doesn't trump what the story says dude. Unless your accusing of Js06 of mistranslating the story, in which case source pls, I'm just going with what is said.
Dude, the book has told you several times that the Magic God does not destroy anything, but only creates. That is the essence of God, a being that only creates.
Okay and this is relevant why? It just supports the fact that the hidden world phase is special.
Ehhh, why did I ever tell you that Aleister Crowley did not destroy the hidden world, but only the wall that separates the world of the magical gods from the material world.
Do you remember who exactly said that?

Othinus did.

Do you also remember who said she destroyed everything?

Othinus herself, the Magic Gods, and Kamachi in the GT6 afterword.

And do you remember who said that Magic Gods can destroy?

Othinus who said she can and did destroy and remake everything, and the True Magic Gods who can explicitly destroy the entire world simply by moving an arm or leg due to their infinite power and the TMG's themselves saying that while nerfed they can still destroy the world.

Touma did not say these things but the beings who's knowledge of their own abilities trump's his do.
And you know who said that the Magic God doesn't destroy anything, Kamachi himself through the story. You don't differentiate between the Universe and the Phases. The Universe is the Universe and the Phases are the Phases. Phases exist beyond the Sefirot of the human world, and the Magical Gods are limited/attached to the surface of the Four Worlds, unable to leave it (it is even said that Phases beings cannot exist in the human world because of their soul rank, and their fall to the lower worlds causes the distortion of the Four Worlds).
The narrative only partly supports it.

Even then stuff like Touma's explanation of how Magic Gods paint over the world is while technically correct is also wrong at the same time.

Cause they aren't painting over one canvas(world), their putting a blank canvas over the painting and painting on that new canvas(world) but the old canvas(world) still exists beneath the new one.

As explained by Othinus, not Touma.

Again Touma is literally making educated guesses based off what he's learning from Othinus, he is not a genius repository on the knowledge of phases than the beings who literally have the power to create and destroy them.

What Othinus and the Magic Gods can also do is destroy all the canvases with their power. As explained by their own words.
Where did you get this new canvas thing anyway? The canvas is the Pure World Phase and the colors are the Phases, so where did you get the whole "new canvas" thing? Dude, they Magical Gods can't destroy the canvas(Pure World).
What? You can absolutely destroy phases without destroying the entire world that's what Crowley and Othinus did.

Tha doesn't fucking make sense unless we're just gonna say that Othinus is equal to Mo Athair now.

Are they actually fucking retarded when they say that they can destroy the world?
Eh, you know that the throwing of the spear is still an act of creation (even though it distorts time and space), so why the farce? The throwing of the spear is the creation of a new phase, that is, the manifestation of God's power in the form of destruction. Birdway reproduces the power of God, which is to destroy by creating.

You don't even know how phases are created. Phases existed in the form of energy long before humans, but it humans who gave them shape and color. Phases are nothing more than clumps of energy that have taken on a particular shape because of human beliefs or the actions of a magical god. But the magic gods cannot destroy them, at most they can hide them by creating a new phase. Only mechanisms like IB (WR) are able to return phase energies to their original form. Using the analogy of a canvas and paint, IB is like a palette knife that allows you to remove the paint from the canvas. Narrative sees the act of destroying all phases as something global that will affect the entire world, not just the human world.
In OMGAru the Magic Gods are all actually fucking retarded and don't know how their own powers work while Touma is a genius whose knowledge of the Magic Gods abilities trump's their own.

And the narration written by Kamachi is also fucking wrong and should be ignored...

Only in OMGAru
Yes, the magic gods are retarded who stuck in God's territory, unable to leave. They are losers, a dead-end branch of human evolution.
Hell your argument in and of itself is self defeating.

The entire reason why you, paxton, Astaro, and I agreed Othinus is multiversal is because she destroyed all the phases.

If she never actually did so she isn't multiversal:maybe

Your debunking your own beliefs.
I talked about Othinus destroying Phases two years or a few months ago. I changed my decision about that question.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
Remind me, can the Liquid Proof Railgun even be calc'd? :hm

Because I'm pretty sure there was an odd statement or two potentially putting the Calculate Fortress surrounding the Windowless Building up pretty high (and thus the LPR) which would scale to a whole bunch of top tiers, including Mathers who literally tanked the LPR from what I remember.

Last edited:

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
Cool as Only My Railgun is, think Sister’s Noise is my favorite overall Railgun S opening. Railgun’s Sisters Arc that went with it was absolutely fire too

Funny how misleading the opening is. Made Mugino seem the main villain and built up a confrontation between her and Touma.

It surprises me that this opening is more popular than most Naruto and One Piece openings.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
You are a fucking idiot. Use some logic and start thinking. Can't you read or something? The story says that, the story itself says that the act of destroying all phases still creates a new phase.
Okay? I'm fine with agreeing that Othinus destroys through creation. What I disagree with is the fact that you think Othinus and the Magic Gods can't and didn't actually destroy anything.

And it still seems you can't see the difference between the actual narrative saying something and fucking speculation. Despite me spelling it out....

Dude, the book has told you several times that the Magic God does not destroy anything, but only creates. That is the essence of God, a being that only creates.

Yes but as Touma said she can create destruction such as creating a pile of rubble, she can still destroy through creation.

Also

This is a lot easier than destroying everything and building it back up every time.

No Othinus herself says is that she can destroy, just that creation even if it's akin to destruction is easier.

Ehhh, why did I ever tell you that Aleister Crowley did not destroy the hidden world, but only the wall that separates the world of the magical gods from the material world.

Where? Which volume is this stated in? Cause in NT 12 Aleister has been explicitly stated to have destroyed the hidden world.

Where did you get this new canvas thing anyway? The canvas is the Pure World Phase and the colors are the Phases, so where did you get the whole "new canvas" thing? Dude, they Magical Gods can't destroy the canvas(Pure World).

The canvas are the world's they can create, phases.

It simply means that there's a bigger canvas beneath it all they can't destroy.

Also in the context of the volume itself, the canvas is referring to the universe, not pure world.

Which is just another reason why Touma's wrong and the statement is retarded, because she already destroyed the universe.

Eh, you know that the throwing of the spear is still an act of creation (even though it distorts time and space), so why the farce? The throwing of the spear is the creation of a new phase, that is, the manifestation of God's power in the form of destruction. Birdway reproduces the power of God, which is to destroy by creating.

Okay, I can accept that if you agree that it would actually destroy the world and not 'cover it up'.

Though again it is said that replica Gungnir doesn't have the magic god Othinus ability to create only to replicate the destruction she can perform.

Also lmao accusing me of being farcical when this entire argument been a farce of ignoring the books.

You don't even know how phases are created.
I do but okay.

But the magic gods cannot destroy them, at most they can hide them by creating a new phase.

Where is this said? Not in your headcanon but in the story? Because Othinus destroyed phases. And Magic Gods can also do it. Literally arguing against Kamachi here.

Only mechanisms like IB (WR) are able to return phase energies to their original form.

No, Imagine Breaker is a reset button that can restore the universe and phases if the magic gods mess around to much or destroy them, it is never said to do anything with phase energies unless there inside the universe. In other world it's headcanon.

Narrative sees the act of destroying all phases as something global that will affect the entire world, not just the human world.
Bruh what? Othinus effected the entire world to. So do the magic gods. The human world is just the universe dude.

Also you keep saying phases are energy and shit but that's only when phase beings enter the universe?

It's explicitly said in NT18 that sparks are the cause of phases hitting each other.

And in NT9 Othinus talks about the physical mythical locations like Olympus and heaven.

Or the fact that the universes Othinus tortured Touma in were phases. Is Touma an energy being now?

Phases themselves being energy is not something ever said.

Phase beings however, when they enter the universe become energy. But nothing is ever said about them being energy outside of the universe.

In fact its the opposite.

Just as a summoned angel was manifested using condensed Telesma, these rulers of the end were likely masses of the type of power stored in their respective religion or phase. However, these were nothing more than power focused into the images of the calamites people had imagined and so they would not necessarily look exactly like those gods of death or demon kings, but the raw power that presented itself made that fact easy to forget.

Here it's said that the Dainslef calamities aren't the phase beings themselves but their power forced into a container.

By Othinus’s reckoning, Vishnu Avatara had manifested for less than ten seconds.

Dáinsleif was said to end the world, but it was still a magic sword made to be wielded by human hands. Even if it could create an embodiment of symbols of evil or sin, it could not perfectly and purely summon one of the top-ranked gods of one of the world’s four largest religions.

And here where Vishnu was summoned incompletely as a energy amalgam.

Everything points to phases being physical things that contain physical beings but when there summoned in the universe they or a portion of there power becomes energy.

Yes, the magic gods are retarded who stuck in God's territory, unable to leave. They are losers, a dead-end branch of human evolution.

I was being sarcastic... The magic gods obviously know more about the world and their powers than Touma.

Last edited:

One and Only

Notorious
Aleister for some reason just can't kill them plot I guess
I always interpreted it as them still being able to at least manage a universe level feat somehow. Nephyths could so the rest could have smuggled something in and using Big Bangs is a kinda crude method. Aleister may have wanted AAA or Aiwass since they are more specialized and would handle more scenario's like impromptu embedding of a phase, which a Big Bang won't give him options to do.

Either that or Aleister couldn't cast Big Bang without having the Blasting Rod to amp himself in some manner or using the Blasting Rod to amp the indefensibility of the Spell. It's kind of a mind affecting spell so it's a bit weird it touches Magic Gods who should be immune to stuff like that.

Cryso Agori

V.I.P. Member
I'm just gonna say this @Mr.OMG.

Magic Gods being only able to create is never explicitly denied yes, but it's never been explicitly confirmed either. And there's more evidence that they can both create and destroy than just create.

When Touma says that Othinus hadn't destroyed anything, Othinus simply says that what she's been doing is creating Phases to throw Touma in giving him the illusion of the world being destroyed and recreated, not that she was actually doing that because it's easier than actually destroying everything and recreating the world everytime.

She never says she cannot destroy nor does that destruction require Phase creation.

And again when she does in fact destroy the world, it's always referred to as destruction not creation.

Touma simply speculates that it could be the effect of phase creation, but this isn't actually confirmed.

In fact Replica Gungnir kinda confirms the opposite, it explicitly only has the power of Othinus's destruction not creation.

Because of this it cannot recreate the world like Othinus.

And again True Magic Gods at full power can destroy the world, not through phase creation but because the world cannot handle their infinite power.

And when nerfed they still have the power to destroy the entire world but can't recreate it because they lost their phase creation abilities.

So there's more evidence that Othinus's and the Magic Gods ability to destroy the universe and phases are separate from there ability to create from their own words.

Also I see that your trying to force the real life Sephiroth into Toaru. Which just doesn't work.

Just because a story takes elements from real life mythology doesn't mean those elements are one to one.

You think the guys who came up with Judaism also came up with Aiwass? No Aiwass was an angel Crowley came up with while on drugs. That Kamachi then took from and put in toaru.

We don't even have confirmation that phases exists in one of the four worlds in toaru yet here you are saying that they aren't physical.

That's why you get stupid shit like Magic Gods apparently being retarded, Touma knowing more about phases and there own powers than them and somehow the narrative being wrong about there ability to destroy the world.

Paxton

V.I.P. Member
I always interpreted it as them still being able to at least manage a universe level feat somehow. Nephyths could so the rest could have smuggled something in and using Big Bangs is a kinda crude method. Aleister may have wanted AAA or Aiwass since they are more specialized and would handle more scenario's like impromptu embedding of a phase, which a Big Bang won't give him options to do.

Either that or Aleister couldn't cast Big Bang without having the Blasting Rod to amp himself in some manner or using the Blasting Rod to amp the indefensibility of the Spell. It's kind of a mind affecting spell so it's a bit weird it touches Magic Gods who should be immune to stuff like that.
Yeah it's kind of weird that he can fight them at full power with Blasting Rod/Spiritual Tripping but still struggle to kill them even after they get nerfed twice :hm

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah it's kind of weird that he can fight them at full power with Blasting Rod/Spiritual Tripping but still struggle to kill them even after they get nerfed twice :hm
Who said he could fight them? High Priest made it clear he could beat him even with the Zombie nerf spell.

Crowley can’t combat a Magic God on his own, needing to both severely nerf them and while using the AAA or with Aiwass

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Today, Febuary 23, 2023, marks the 10 year anniversary of the Index movie, The Miracle of Endymion.

Imaginary Fest seems to be making an event for the occasion and the Project Index YouTube channel as uploaded the entire movie too

Top59

Acclaimed
V.I.P. Member
It seems that the antagonist of this arc in Mental Out can teleport and annihilate the matter of whatever is within its range of effect.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
To celebrate the works of art she leaves this world with to remember her by, here’s all the major works on Toaru she provided.

Performed for both endings of Index II

I personally loved the contrast between these two endings. First ones cheery and energetic while the second ending is more somber, reflecting the darker tone this series was going into around this time with arcs featuring Accelerator and the higher stakes as Index II ended with a prelude to WWIII

Also provided the intro for the PSP game that to this day I wish we got.

By Index III, Mami Kawada, who provided all the openings of Index before, had retired from singing. Maon would fill in the shoes and boy did she ever, providing two banger intros for an otherwise muddled adaptation of the second half of the Index series.

Back