To Aru Majutsu No Index Feats/Discussion/Analysis Thread - Touma's Boogaloo Edition

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member

Karasuma Fran. I get she’s got a bigger role in the story than Salome but it’s still odd seeing her as the Battle character while Salome is the Assist when their very much the opposite in those roles in the story.

Fran was the support who usually worked behind the scenes and Salome being the combat expert of the Kamisato Faction that made a fool of even Misaka in a fight.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They should have just sent him over to deal with her.

Eat your hearts out Crowley and Accelerator

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Finally picking back up the novels where I left off. Index GT 4 with Touma and Co. in America to investigate all of Los Angeles disappearing.

I just love Othinus’ dry sense of humor

They were using the terminal building to leave the airport. They could travel through the deserted facility however they liked without anyone yelling at them, but the path intended for this purpose had to be the easiest one.

An electronic alarm began to sound.

“Hyahhhhhhhh!? Wh-what, what, what!?”

“Ah ha ha! It’s okay, Index. It’s just a gate alarm. …Wait? A gate?”

Kamijou laughed, but then the smile froze on his face.

It was hard to tell with no one at the reception desk and the lights out, but what gate had they just walked through without permission? Stiyl and Kanzaki didn’t seem to care as they continued on ahead, but Kamijou rapidly grew nervous when he looked alternately between their leaving backs and the gate he had just passed.

“U-um, Othinus-san? Please tell me that doesn’t say what I think it does.”

“Try studying the language before traveling somewhere. That is the immigration control gate. Welcome, illegal immigrant, to the land of freedom where anything goes.”

“Oh, no, no, no, no!!”

“Give up. The three second rule only applies to food. Hurrying back through the gate doesn’t erase the crime you committed.”

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
More than half that video is a rehearsal of the terminology of the series. Don’t know why they bother because if your looking up parallels between Touma and a deity from an obscure magical occult, your not a newbie to this franchise.

As for Touma being Hadit. Can’t say because I know fuck all about Thelema beyond what I pick up and remember from this series.

Is funny if this turns out to be true since Coronzon was channeling Hadit with her Flaming_Sword spell that she used to nearly kill Touma with

Also Kamisato in the thumbnail. I don’t think there’s ever been a more divisive character in the series than him. Fans either think him and his arc are one of the best things introduced in the series or think he’s the worst idea Kamachi ever thought up.

I gear more towards the second group. I get where Kamachi was going with him, being a less idealistic, more grounded take of how someone would really feel if put in Touma’s insane situations while also picking apart Touma’s idealogy but it mostly fell flat to me. Everything about him, from his backstory to his power, felt artificial and contrived just for the sake of being Touma’s antithesis.

His arc was also a slog to go through and not helped by being wedged right between the amazing Othinus / Gremlin and Aleister Crowley arcs.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
StswwAi.jpg

This Chad was the better Touma Antithesis

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Yeah, here’s the rest of Haimura’s art he did for Index III. Pretty cool seeing him revisit these parts with his late NT to GT art style

EFsQyqJ.jpg

TSNvLbb.jpg

BAwy89t.jpg

xN6KTrW.jpg

N1fZ9Iq.jpg

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Just remembered how in the anime, Mugino never lost her arm fighting Hamazura, making her coming back with a prosthetic / Meltdowner arm seem weird.

Odd how they left that out yet had no problem showing Frenda with her lower half blown off.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
Hearing Android 17 / Hiei for Aleister’s voice in the English dub is something else

Back