Trafalgar D. Water Law vs. Eustass Kidd

Hidden Wanted Poster

• Looking for something new to behold on your journey to find One Piece? Check out this fanzine created by the LuNa Discord group!

https://lunaticfanzine.com/

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Battle on Onigashima.

1.) Normal
2.) Awakened.

Who takes this, and why did you pick Law? :maybe

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Yeah people just pick Kidd on what he might be. But hasn't actually shown any feats on him being able to stop Law.

Great Potato

Preeminent
I don't know why we'd act like Kid doesn't have the feats to match Law. I have Kid coming in with a hefty advantage in stats this match, so it comes down to his power against Law's hax.

Kid has the strength to grapple with melee attacks from the Yonko. He caught and overpowered Cognac mid-swing and can perform suplexes on dragon Kaido with enough force to get through his defense. Law doesn't feats of being able to contend in the power game, and his primary defensive move Anti-Bacterial Curtain still resulted in him being sent flying by Kaido's standard club swing.

Kid has an absolute freakish level of endurance/vitality with how he's been rebounding from hits from BM all while being crippled by 3rd party Hawkins. Law proved he has what it takes to eat a strong attack with Thunder Bagua, but even so it's not adding up to Kid's level of tankiness and he was tapped out for longer.

Reaction speeds is harder to gauge. Kid is the only one shown actually reacting to Tenjin when it rained down on the Rooftop, while Law has a lot of good feats teleporting the team out of trouble at the last moment. I'll just say they're comparable. Mobility Law has teleportation which is major advantage, while Kid has flight which is useful but not as busted.

Potential notable DF interactions
+Law is a swordsman, so Kid has potential to directly gimp a lot of his offense by messing directly with his blade
+Kid's mech and many of his attacks are just scrap metal he's pulled together, so Law bisecting should be a mild inconveinence at most as his powers can just pull it all together
-Shambles can allow Law a good means to recover his blade if it gets jacked
-More metal junk in the environment can also benefit Law as it gives him more things to shamble with

Law has a lot of lethality and battlefield control that makes him tricky, but most of his devastating techniques require him to get in close where Kid would be able to flex his strength advantage. I'm partial to Kid in this match-up, though I don't fault anyone if they choose to go with Law.

Jailor

Illustrious
Banned Member
Draw. Visual damage is fans interpretation. The way Oda interpreted Law and Kidd was they were supposed to be equal.

Back