TYPE-Moon/Nasuverse Feats/General Thread

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Goetia and Tiamat are comparable , whichever one is stronger is not by a significant enough margins.

Their output signals are similar and AAS was once credited as being able to wipe out Tiamat's Sea of Life.

Kinda comes down to how their unique Beast crap would play with one another.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Whyy5G3.png

Fb9uCBf.png

Obviously, the AOE of the... fireball? Is exaggerated in the first image

That doesn't really matter though because of what we see it doing to the hills/mountains its well behind though.

So that's neat

3mftNyC.png

Only real suspect for what those hills could be relative to the Church's location :hm

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I guess they do know how to blend 2D and 3D to make that work and pack all of it in within 2 frames... nice work seeing that.

And that was annoying. Mostly because of the depth. Had to think really round about to get some kind of depth. Because he basically melts the mass and a chunk of it appears to resettle, but how much is hard to tell.

ChaosTheory123

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
So gfycat is in some kind of hell where the staff was fired or some shit and it was bought up by snapchat or something apparently?

So that's not so neat

Can't upload anything there atm and I'm doubtful that's going to be fixed :hm

In other news, just gonna upload anime clips and shit to google drive for now and figure out a better solution later?
So it just died?

Good thing I can just have this shit in my Google Drive then :hm

Gonna need to eventually fix my Final Fantasy respect threads though, that's just... neat

Proto234

Distinguished
Funny enough, only Tamamo-Vitch and Camazotz is weaker than Goetia at bare minimum and that's due to the former being disqualified and the latter being unknown at the moment.
Tbf, the former won't have a chance to be at full power anyways thanks to Fluffy god as well as Melusine cuts one of her tail
As for the latter, he only has one trick, but he's really good at it (granted firepower wise Goetia still had him beat)

Tbf, the former won't have a chance to be at full power anyways thanks to Fluffy god as well as Melusine cuts one of her tail
As for the latter, he only has one trick, but he's really good at it (granted firepower wise Goetia still had him beat)

Melusine only temporarily destroyed one of her tails, it came back later.
For Camazotz, I'm more talking about he may be stronger than we think if we go by the nature of how he got his Immortality(Reading upon it, it seems that he HAS to not remember anything after becoming a Beast to be as immortal as he is which is why Nito Alter being there is essential into making him remember)

Alright, finally finished Heian-Kyo and yeah, it was definitely just meh with atleast some decent points that don't make it a true trainwreck but it definitely has some major issues.

The Story was ultimately just there as it was more character driven primarily with Kintoki Sakata himself taking the reigns so the story was never gonna be the highlight as it's literally just "Holy Grail War but not then Shimousa" and there was really nothing else past that.

The characters are absolutely, positively mixed. Kintoki is the biggest one as he is the Main Hero of the entire Heian-Kyo and... it's definitely hit and miss, as much as I hate to say it. My biggest problem is that it the entire deal with Kintoki is basically similar to Musashi in Shimousa except in a different fashion... but it doesn't really work. Musashi ultimately finds her own path to get to "Zero" and become the swordsman of legend that her male counterpart is(Even if she dies in the process) meanwhile Kintoki wants to find his reason to fight as what he came across since the start of the Singularity... the problem is that it feels like he already had it or to better say, there's no real difference between Kintoki Sakata of Heian-Kyo and Kintoki Sakata of Chaldeas. I'm not expecting the man to be a monster or lacking empathy or anything but it feels real off that there's no character development or anything to show Kintoki is truly changing, what we see is what we get which isn't disappointing as he livens up the Singularity hardcore, it's just that there's nothing showing any true change.

...Which leads to Katou Danzou(Yeah, I know I went with Western Naming for Kintoki, bite me) who might as well win the award for the most useless Servant in ANYTHING in FGO. I have legit cannot remember the last time we had a Servant helper that didn't even manage anything but be an exposition dump and genuinely a bad one at that(As she just repeats what others have stated or the scene itself alluded to like the reader is retarded). It's fucking weird as Shimousa didn't have this problem at all and the only times any other writers did this was in the older Singularities or when an event happened that couldn't be easily shown in full onscreen. It doesn't help she exists just to get her ass kicked and make everyone else look better(Tsuna beating her ass, the various monsters kicking her ass, Shuten literally taking her arm without her noticing) which feels absolutely odd because we long since know that Servants are sometimes weaker than their real life selves... but that really shouldn't work for Tsuna of all people.

Everyone else was middling to non-existent. We finally see True Raikou in the flesh and... she's pretty much just there, which is extremely odd considering the game hyped up her Saber Form for years as being her definitive self from the Heian era and we see her Heian Era... and we barely get anything. Tsuna is honestly alright but they really do lay it a bit too thick on his connection to Ibaraki and her mom, Shuten is okay, Ibaraki is meh and Ibuki-Douji was genuinely a waste(And I have to agree with TvDopes in that she exists just to get her Servant self over with, it is something that Shuten outright states if Ibuki is summoned right, she would just be a taller and nicer Shuten... which is what we ended up getting). And hilariously, Taira literally got more out of her than she did in her Event(While her Event did touch on Yoshitsune's fucked up death, the Story actually touched upon their entire beat as Servants moreso than the Event did).

Ashiya Douman is a terrible villain... but that's the point and I think it fits him best. I've seen people complain that he isn't the genius he touted himself to be and all I can think of is:
That's the point.
Douman was never a genius of his craft(God Arjuna just wanted to hear what he wanted to hear, The Heroic Spirit Swordmasters was just him going along with Alternate Amakusa's whims as well as his own and even Olympus was just him putting a tracker on Europa) and was a pure hedonist so he absolutely would forget the most basic shit about being a Beast AND earning Ibuki's wrath by being so indulgent on himself. Of course, I can't blame people who wanted a bit more meat from Douman but that's how I always seen him.

In the end, Heian-Kyo isn't Septem bad or any of the earlier Singularities' bad but it definitely isn't even in the good territory. Kintoki actually does save it from being bad or awful because the dude is infectious and the last set of chapters kinda saved it.

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Douman is just fucking insane

which is hilarious in its own right

but he doesn't work as a major villain

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Lel what ?

Early singularities sans Septem weren't extremely shitty writing bad, they were just incredibly barebones with wayyy to many filler fights intreruptions that didn't offer significant payoff .

Heian is shitty writing bad for the most part in a time when FGO was well beyond the bs at the begging.

Heian fails significantly harder because of that.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
He works perfectly for what he was doing in the buildup to heian

"I AM THE PEEPEEPOOPOO MAN HEE HEE HOO HOO we do a little trolling."

His shenanigans work in controlled bursts and him constantly scurrying off before getting a proper comeuppance was what made him work and why Pepe shitting down his neck in Atlantis is such a good scene

When you put him in the limelight he just doesn't have anything going for him beyond I AM SUPER DUPER EVIL AND I AM PLOTTING REALLY EVIL THINGS
then he just kinda

rolls over and dies

Even totallynotevil Priest makes fun of him for it in LB7

Tablos

Illustrious
Douman as a main villain is very stupid , in Heian he had 4 or 5 chances to kill Ritsuka easily but he didn't because yolo, he's probably the most incompetent villain in the game.
And this is because Sakurai is not so good as a writter , even a newcomer handles Nero's character (his favorite by the way) better .

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
If you judge villains in the whole frickin' franchise by the chances they had to kill the MC, they'd all end up as massively incompetent retards.

Also Sakurai's a she.

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
Yeah I would have really enjoyed the version of FSN where Lancer just rips shirou's internal organs out and then the rest of the game is just a black screen with the main theme playing

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
It's a great way of speeding up your playthrough.

Start the game.
Hunt for the first bad end.
Done, you've gotten to the end
Congrats, you're done.

I'm actually surprised I got some discussion for that but yeah, I can see ya'll points and I won't dispute them due to it lol.

I guess I'm saying that because I just finished Heian-Kyo so my thoughts for it will further deteriorate over time in comparison to other Singularities and Lostbelts.

EDIT: I guess I might as well add an addendum to this post rather than make a new one.

Douman as a main villain is very stupid , in Heian he had 4 or 5 chances to kill Ritsuka easily but he didn't because yolo, he's probably the most incompetent villain in the game.
And this is because Sakurai is not so good as a writter , even a newcomer handles Nero's character (his favorite by the way) better .

The issue with Sakurai isn't that she's a bad writer, it's just that she goes into too much detail and if her subject is based on Japan, expects people to know what she's talking about because... well, the main playerbase of the game is in Japan.
Villains not killing the protagonists when they have a chance isn't terrible on it's own or even suddenly new to Sakurai(The others outright mention Cu had us dead to rights multiple times in the first day ALONE, let alone every other Servant and Master in subsequent Days and Routes), it's how you do it and who the character is that's different and Douman is 100% the dumbass who would allow you to go free because he wants you to suffer harder.

My actual issue with Sakurai in Heian-Kyo... is basically how boring it is without Kintoki(Which legit would have soured Heian-Kyo being the point of saving) because ultimately, not much happens and the little that does happens so late that you just don't really have time to care.
Like Shimousa was nowhere near as bad as this which makes me wonder what the fuck happened between it and Heian-Kyo that Sakurai couldn't even do what she did there right?

Last edited:

CrossTheHorizon

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Bit weird for a "feat" but somehow Lasengle managed to minfuck themselves into thinking a couple of basic enemies needed an animation update while we still have caster ball users :zaru

Proto234

Distinguished
Interesting to note that based on current JP lotto event (which is based on Takeshi's castle), Morgan still have access to Rhongo even as Servant.
Seems SB assumption that Morgan's Rhongo are ones that attached on her castle is completely wrong

Back