Ultimate Test of Gaming Memory: Which was the very first video game you played?

Whoever replies Fortnite, Overwatch, Among Us, Seed of The Dead or Apex Legends gets perm banned, I have settled it with @Ral personally.

Ok now that we have a set of rules it's only proper if I start this show off!

I was but a wee boy larva and my dad and mom actually taught me to play this when I was like 5 or so. From what I remember and were told my dad actually often played tricks to get extra time on the NES, for he was one selfish bastard with a raw gamer soul somewhere deep inside :skully

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
how the heck can you remember that. i started playing games when i was like 2 or 3 but i can't remember what was the first one for the life of me. i distinctly remember playing bubble bobble a lot. also killer instinct lol

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
It was either Mario or Sonic, one of the earlier games but I have no idea which one specifically I played first.

I can say that I enjoyed Sonic more.

how the heck can you remember that. i started playing games when i was like 2 or 3 but i can't remember what was the first one for the life of me. i distinctly remember playing bubble bobble a lot. also killer instinct lol
I am a very visually oriented person, I still have images in my head from so far back in time I scare my mom by how accurate they are yet I can't for the love of me connect them to an actual coherent memory or even make sense of most. It's how I found my first horror movie Blue Monkey (aka Insect) by having almost dream like flashbacks of certain scenes and according to mom I saw it when I was again 5! I saw Aliens the year after and after I was 7 my memory was a lot better at sorting pieces.

Believe it or not I tracked down my first console only recently by gathering all the mental images I had and it turned out it was a NES which really puzzles me since in my country as back as 94-95 consoles of any kind were very veeery uncommon, considering we just broke from the communist regime literal days before I was born in nov 89 it's quite unusual that my parents got me one before I could even read a book proper :hm

Dead Lock

Marvelous
Banned Member
CukBtu0TxFpGrJgogswDTKwr1JeqGnimdobcIjC13N_XSzpyhfrGPptdiLVk-x-5BT6X-QRN--yPgm4wbA

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Sonic 1, on my childminder's daughter's Game Gear. Probably in 1991. I wasn't allowed to play it often, but it was a whole new experience when I could.

I still hum this tune to myself sometimes.

Silver

Might have been something from the Game Boy.
Or, Pokemon Yellow Special Pikachu Edition on GBC.

Baka

Byronic Hero
GFX Designer
super mario land on the original brick gameboy when I was 2 or something

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Mario 64 and I have picture proof somewhere too where I played it on an ancient ass TV :blobfacade

Back