unpopular opinions thread: olf o bee dee edition

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
Although Despicable Me franchise is bad the original Despicable Me movie is decent

Fantastic Four comics is best thing Marvel ever put out (Seen it become quite unpopular) and them and X-Men are better than Avengers (Don't know if that is unpopular or popular opinion)
Fantastic 4 have the best Rouge gallery and introduced some of the most popular heroes to Marvel they the real mvp

Vespa Crabro

Stellaron Hunter
V.I.P. Member
I have loved him since the first time I read part 6 and my appreciation has only gotten stronger with age

He's the perfect foil to Jolyne as the legacy of the Joestars, as he's carrying on Dio's legacy. His backstory is absolutely fucking insane and informs how a seemingly normal person could develop such a fucked worldview if given the supernatural means to enact it. Also he's the only JoJo villain besides Valentine who actually started out as more or less a completely normal person, so we get to see him transform into what he is now in realtime.

The coolest thing about him to me is really how well Made in Heaven fits him and Stone Ocean thematically. Stone Ocean is JoJo coming full circle, it's the end of the story that started with Jonathan. Made in Heaven literally brings everything back around to the beginning with the goal of changing it all. It's just the perfect way to end the first 6 parts, and none of it would be as effective without Pucci.

People also oversell the gay for Dio aspect and ignore that his relationship with Dio was being the only guy who followed him that didn't do so blindly. All of their past interactions are forms of debate, eg Dio claims Survivor is the weakest Stand along with the boiling water Stand. Pucci immediately uses both of those to nearly kill two characters.
Late to party but I hella agree with this

Been a fan of pucci ever since I saw his design, just from a visuals perspective he's one of the more down to earth but still really cool antags.

He's got 3 really creative stands and he can use all of them super well and he was the most loyal to Dio without reaching vanilla ice working the shaft tier.

Part 5 has some of my fav stands but I really do have to shout out whitesnake both visuals wise and ability wise. Don't think Pucci would have been nearly as effective without a cool ability like WS

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Whitesnake is broken as fuck as a power too

Yeah it isn't physically strong but there's a reason it fucked over Star Platinum

Pucci>Kira or Valentine to me, although Valentine is a really close runner up. SBR is so good

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Whitesnake is broken as fuck as a power too

Yeah it isn't physically strong but there's a reason it fucked over Star Platinum

Pucci>Kira or Valentine to me, although Valentine is a really close runner up. SBR is so good
I never liked Pucci

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent
Despite VBW sometimes wanking the series in same time i felt grateful for them to give more information about how strong my favorite series such like Ultraman.

People knowledge Sakura as Yandere and yet the first time i reading VN this girl want Shirou with someone else than someone like her.

I put Canon Buu Saga and EoS DBZ Toeiland around Universe Level.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
time for a real unpopular opinion

anime/manga is actually a trash medium and i regret reading/watching 95% of them, smh, i ain't even mad, as we grow up, in the end, western cartoon/media of 90's/00's proved to be better and have aged better too : shrug

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
i reserve that honor for the rise of skywalker :russ

thumb_playstation-2-teen-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-esrb-yo-61904665.png

for the movie or the game?

:mjlol

sir_fire

Distinguished

anime/manga is actually a trash medium and i regret reading/watching 95% of them, smh, i ain't even mad, as we grow up, in the end, western cartoon/media of 90's/00's proved to be better and have aged better too : shrug
You watched the comfyshit slice of life didn't you?

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member

Lol. I remember seeing a thread on 4chan about liking more anime

and one of the first responses was “most anime that isn’t mainstream is garbage anyways”

and I kinda agree :mjlol

Type-Rey

Acclaimed
Anime peaked in the late 90's or at the lastest in the early 2000's and since then it's been kinda stuck in a rut (with some notable exceptions).

Nowadays, there's so much more of it coming out , and due to it's mass production , each individual show doesn't really get the attention and effort that it requires and as a consequence most of the shows look cheap and uninspired .

There are other problems, like the general pacing of things have been sped up to a bad degree and it feels like there isn't any time to allow things to properly build up and allow the viewer to sit with it.

The list can go on, but the point is, it's most likely not gonna get any better.

Back