Weebs of the forum (so basically all of you) I need help with my imminent damnation

Sassy

Preeminent
V.I.P. Member
I almost watched this a decade ago thinking it had bugs in it cause of the name :skully

I'm so cultural I wanna start a cult.

I was planing on revisiting the manga but this might be the better option :hm

Really? You didn't even bother to check the posts above you? Kids these days are so lazy just playing text based mmos on their phones all the damn time...
Hey don't you dare hate on mushishi that a gawd damn good fucking anime.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
Angel's Egg is also very good

DbvB.gif

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
No joke, Lupin the Third is still fucking good, even in the modern age.

Plus (most of the time) it's pretty episodic, which is a big plus for me. Any seasonal "Part" being a good enough place to start, not really needing to know anything beforehand.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I'll recommend:

- Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Made in the Abyss
- Majo no Tabitabi
- Mondijitachi
- Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
- Schwarzemarken
- Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
- Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
- Somali to Mori: Kamisama
- Steins;Gate

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
Whoa there, I sense a Babylon 5 discussion
Aight I'm watching Babylon 5 right now. Season 1 ended pretty sweet but I kinda dislike they got rid of Sinclair he was the BOSS :catsob
I'm fascinated by this opinion, because I think season 1 is by far the weakest thing about Babylon 5 and Sinclair's boringness is a big part of that. When I recommend B5 to people, it's always with the caveat that the first season is kind of bland and that I worry they'll drop it without giving it a chance.

If you like it already, that's probably a good sign going forward. It just keeps getting better.

Whoa there, I sense a Babylon 5 discussion

I'm fascinated by this opinion, because I think season 1 is by far the weakest thing about Babylon 5 and Sinclair's boringness is a big part of that. When I recommend B5 to people, it's always with the caveat that the first season is kind of bland and that I worry they'll drop it without giving it a chance.

If you like it already, that's probably a good sign going forward. It just keeps getting better.
When I told you over PM (thanks for abandoning my lovely convo btw you ass) that I dislike space operas it doesn't mean I don't enjoy them, if that makes sense. I just feel like it requires more suspension of disbelief than even fantasy as it meshes science with rather absurd (to me) tropes and themes. Then again I am more of a monster/creature enjoyer than space ships and battles so I much prefer any sci-fi that takes place on planets and includes amazing and bizarre life forms than the most flashy of space battles with large mighty ships and alien empires that somehow mirror human behaviour to the smallest flaw.

Anyway yeah I love Sinclair, he had something I only recently acquired for my english dictionary, gravitas was it? He reminds me of those old school captain types in war and sci-fi movies, the guy who gives no shit but also takes no shit.
As for me dropping the series, I know about the shadowy insectoids but I spared any spoilers aside from the fact the team that worked on Roughnecks (the SST animated 90s show which was one of the foundations of my early sci-fi taste and preferences) also worked on B5, and they loved every minute of it! They are rather talented and very thorough so I expect A LOT.
Thing is as a kid I watched a lot of Star Trek and apparently B5 but I forgot almost everything, I've been watching TNG on and off for 3-4 years now but each time I see that show try and pull the 'we can be better" bullshit I can't help but smile, I love ST and its setting but my God when B5 fans say their show is far more realistic to happen I can see why. We are after all very smart and imaginative monkey but we are still monkeys no matter if we throw our own shit on lions or launch mini black holes at evil space crabs in a whale-shaped dreadnought spaceship.

Oh and btw I have nothing against sci-fantasy or space fantasy, in fact I like it a lot but if you gonna break the rules at least do it wild and crazy. Star Wars may be space opera but some aspects of the original trilogy and to an extend the prequel one are so rooted in old school barbarian/dnd style of fantasy that I can't help but have a great time. As a kid I loved buying those cheap game books (you probably know which ones, no idea if they still exist as a thing) only to rip out the pages with the monster drawings and, I kid you not, stare at them as I fall asleep in bed (sometimes in the afternoon as my parents had that weird habit of "little kids need more sleep" thing that the older gen spread around here back in early 90s), for me a great creature design is enough to sell me on ANY setting, and I do mean any, no matter how drug-infused or batshit crazy it might be.

This was my top top tooooop fav one.

CelJaded-Gamebook-Retrospective-Deathtrap-Dungeon-Cover.jpg

Ofc it was in bulgarian as I yet had to learn english back then. But this cover was just superb and the monster did deliver in the end, some gruesome grisly deaths too, I often got my "character" killed on purpose just to read what happens :skully

I marathoned Neon Genesis Evangelion in 3 days.

I'm halfway through rewatching Serial Experiments Lain.

I started Dragon Ball for the first time in my life.

I am planing to get into Bubblegum Crisis.

Gunbuster has giant alien bug spaceships that parasitise entire stars.

That is all for now :syshocked:

P.S. I used to find Ergo Proxy the pinnacle of anime, now I realise I have indeed not skipped the very dreaded teen emo phase that penetrated my country shortly after the fall of the soviet union.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
all that shit with bulma in the beginning is fucking strange to say the least

Back