Wenwu vs Darth Vader (Disney canon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordo

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Visually speaking, the Ten Rings are more impressive than 90% of the MCU

The MCU is just not that flashy with their feats. You’d have to take statements that put them to planet level or higher

although honestly, idk why I’m defending a current MidCU movie when I should be downplaying :mjlol if he doesn’t scale for now then its fine

Last edited:
Visually speaking, the Ten Rings are more impressive than 90% of the MCU

The MCU is just not that flashy with their feats. You’d have to take statements that put them to planet level or higher

although honestly, idk why I’m defending a current MidCU movie when I should be downplaying :mjlol if he doesn’t scale for now then its fine

My core part of the arguments is more or less that it doesn't fit with the fact that there are consistently contradictory deals when it comes to Directors, Writers and VFX Artists want to say about beings constantly over and over again, yet none of it pans out the way they say it.

Like yeah, MCU does have ridiculous feats people downplay but the contradictions are still a core issue even now.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Lol I never even talked about the Shang-chi statement or if it is or is not one of the contradictions. My argument has always been that taking WOG on its own has never been the OBD's way to scale things. Pay attention.
WHich is factually not true, you pay attention.

You're the only one here acting obtuse and dodging the main point nimrod. Blade simply said taking the MCU's WOG on its own is foolish,
Only if WOG is contradicted, in this case it isn't, which is how it's always been.

you know, this is the reason i barely talk in vs debatemen, imagine trying to tell me how the obd works, a guy who has won the best obd member awards 5 times :hestonpls
Congratulations there are people just as inept as you are. How proud you must be, though that is the most pitiful amount of power I've ever seen go to someone's head. Imagine bragging about nepotism from an online forum :skully Ironically you're the one making it like sb in here. Hell your toxicity is the literal reason why other posters like Proto quit the obd.

This is basically what it should begin and end with. Shang Chi didn't show anything impressive in the movie nor did we see with the Ten Rings usage that makes him Thor or Hulk in any fashion... and we constantly get this comparison with multiple heroes since Phase 4 despite most of them not matching up in their own damn movie(Even fucking Namor got this now) and are constantly contradicted in later movies(which is a huge issue that has permeated the MCU even before Doctor Strange).
Still not seeing any evidence that contradicts Shang-Chi being weaker than mjolnir Thor

WoG matters until it's contradicted, end of story.
Which it wasn't, thanks for backing up my point dumbass.

Last edited:

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
WHich is factually not true, you pay attention.
Lol what? Since when the fuck has the OBD just taking WOG statements even when they contradict feats and on screen performances? Are you trying to act stupid on purpose now? Or are you doing exactly what I said and purposely missing the point just to say "nuh u wrong" just to pretend to act smart.
Only if WOG is contradicted, in this case it isn't, which is how it's always been.
Earth to moron, that has been the main point from the start, you are continuing to be obtuse for the shake of it and making a fight out of nothing. Take your own advice and start paying attention to what the hell we have been arguing about from the start instead of making an ass out of yourself in public.

Still not seeing any evidence that contradicts Shang-Chi being weaker than mjolnir Thor

Are you legit asking that when Thor destroyed the fucking Bifrost Bridge? Or damaged the hell out of Jotunheim? Or utterly wrecked The Destroyer?
That was Mjlonir Thor at that too.

Which it wasn't, thanks for backing up my point dumbass.

Fucking Clownshoes...
You never said that at all you fucking idiot, again:
Honestly I think this is more them saying that Giant kaijus would be a little much for the climax that already had a lot going on especially since we know there are a lot of characters on the battlefield that can handle kaiju creatures and above. After all Strange, Wong and every other Kamar-Taj sorcerer was there along with an entire army of warships from Wakanda and across the galaxy so It's hard for me to take that giant 100m tall kaijus would be too insurmountable but if we take it as that's what they meant we can still disregard that given the contradictions from what we know the characters are capable of and that its info from the VFX artists and not writers/directors/Feige himself

This is what you exactly stated.
Ok, gotcha. So I guess from the context of that we can probably infer that he pretty much means pre-stormbreaker Thor since he and Hulk were in the same league at that time and current post-stormbreaker Thor is on a different level than any of the mcu heroes we’ve seen so far with the exception of Strange, Wanda and maybe Carol

And this is before as well, taking it immediately from a Director who only had Shang-Chi be in ONE. FUCKING. MOVIE! Like do you have some sort of switch in your head that turns you into an absolute pussy or something?

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Lol what? Since when the fuck has the OBD just taking WOG statements even when they contradict feats and on screen performances? Are you trying to act stupid on purpose now? Or are you doing exactly what I said and purposely missing the point just to say "nuh u wrong" just to pretend to act smart.
See here's the part where you're intentionally feigning ignorance is that the Shang-Chi director was never contradicted so there goes that argument.

you are continuing to be obtuse for the shake of it and making a fight out of nothing.
As much as I like shakes, you're the one who argued not even because you disagreed with my point but because you're simping for another poster's attention.
Take your own advice and start paying attention to what the hell we have been arguing about from the start instead of making an ass out of yourself in public.
Neat ad hominem, still not seeing any contradiction to the director of Shang-Chi's statement.

Are you legit asking that when Thor destroyed the fucking Bifrost Bridge? Or damaged the hell out of Jotunheim? Or utterly wrecked The Destroyer?
That was Mjlonir Thor at that too.
I didn't even ask anything dumbass. lol and none of that are counter arguments just so you know.

Fucking Clownshoes...
You never said that at all you fucking idiot, again:

This is what you exactly stated.
Clearly your cherry picking is reaching another level. 1) I said that as a blantant generousity of taking it in a context that Gordo brought up (which we even agreed wasn't the case), 2) my point was that Strange/Carol and Wanda we know are capable of soloing Thanos' army (mostly because Carol mostly does and Strange and Wanda are comparable to actual Infinity Stones).

And this is before as well, taking it immediately from a Director who only had Shang-Chi be in ONE. FUCKING. MOVIE!
What does Shang-Chi being in one movie have to do with his power level or literally anything? At least put some thought into your arguments.

Flowering Knight

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
I would say this is slowly turning into a good candidate for thread of the year but then I remembered that Genis vs To Aru was also during this year, there's no contest :wow

Anyways there was some shit about Disney Vader being island level and relativistic, if Wenwu isn't even Hulk level then he's getting tossed around.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
See here's the part where you're intentionally feigning ignorance is that the Shang-Chi director was never contradicted so there goes that argument.
Lol I never even talked about the Shang-chi statement or if it is or is not one of the contradictions. My argument has always been that taking WOG on its own has never been the OBD's way to scale things. Pay attention.
Bolded because you are such a dense motherfucker that you need it. My argument from the beginning has been on the general nature of WOG and how the OBD treats it. You are the only one here feigning ignorance.
As much as I like shakes, you're the one who argued not even because you disagreed with my point but because you're simping for another poster's attention.
No one cares about your inferiority complex regarding Blade, his point was one I agree with so I will argue in favor of it, if that causes you asshurt it is no ones fault but your own. Considering your point has been a pointless one since he was clearly saying that contradicting statements regarding WOG should not be taken at face value all you are doing is making a fuss over nothing.

Neat ad hominem, still not seeing any contradiction to the director of Shang-Chi's statement.
That was literally just your previous sentence before mine, sherlock. You are literally throwing a bitch fit just because Blade is the one saying it and constantly throwing insults long before I did so spare me the attempt at looking like the victim when you are the one who started getting pissed over nothing. Once again, I never stated anything about Shang Chi, only that WOG is not absolute, which you are constantly getting butthurt about.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
You are the only one here feigning ignorance.
Than I clearly gave you too much credit
The OBD has always been allowed to take WOG statements as long as they weren't contradicted. Feige contradicted himself, Destin did not...this shouldn't be that hard for you to grasp, son.
No one cares about your inferiority complex regarding Blade, his point was one I agree with so I will argue in favor of it, if that causes you asshurt it is no ones fault but your own. Considering your point has been a pointless one since he was clearly saying that contradicting statements regarding WOG should not be taken at face value all you are doing is making a fuss over nothing.
That's a pretty lazy strawman. Contradicting someone's argument=/=inferiority complex, not that you know what what that even means clearly. He has no argument and neither do you but your so pavlovian to his tune it's hilarious.

That was literally just your previous sentence before mine, sherlock. You are literally throwing a bitch fit just because Blade is the one saying it and constantly throwing insults long before I did so spare me the attempt at looking like the victim when you are the one who started getting pissed over nothing.
Clearly not, you're the one who started this conflict. Don't try to back out now, you're in it.
Once again, I never stated anything about Shang Chi, only that WOG is not absolute, which you are constantly getting butthurt about.
Nobody said it was absolute, If it has no contradiction then it's valid was the first thing I ever said.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Than I clearly gave you too much credit
More like I overestimated your intelligence.
The OBD has always been allowed to take WOG statements as long as they weren't contradicted.
No shit sherlock, what do you think the main point of my argument has been from the get-go?
That's a pretty lazy strawman.
Stop using words you have no clue about just to make yourself sound smart, they make you look dumber.
Contradicting someone's argument=/=inferiority complex, not that you know what what that even means clearly.
Clearly I do since your very argument attacking me for just "Simping for another person" is the very definition of Ad Hominem as you attacked me, and not the argument itself.
He has no argument and neither do you but your so pavlovian to his tune it's hilarious.
Wrong, you have no argument as shown by the fact you are literally repeating my words as if I did not just say them and then pretending you are the only one arguing it. And once again, showing that Inferiority complex by bitching about me agreeing with him while throwing out Ad Hominems like a salty cunt.
Clearly not, you're the one who started this conflict. Don't try to back out now, you're in it.
Wrong dumbass
Bold is exactly what Blade is referring to. MCU's WOG has been blatantly contradicting on various things so naturally we should not take it at face value.
First comment by me. No insults to be found.
That's exactly how it works dude. If their words contradicts others and does not measure up to what we see such as saying Thanos is the strongest antagonist when guys like Dormammu exists than we ignore said statements since they have no other backing other than their own word. You should know by now that's how the OBD works.
Second comment, again no insult as I explain the basics of what has gone on in the OBD long before you ever came to it.
Guess we're doing this now...

No genius, we don't completely disregard everything WOG says just because one of them retcons the tiers he himself is making to establish. Also Dormammu wouldn't fall into that category since he's not part of the actual universe he's part of the Dark Dimension. If you really wanted to make a half decent argument you would have said Ego or Odin.
And here is where you than decide to start getting insulting and attack me long before I said anything to actually insult you.
That's literally my point dumbass...

Nothing I said was cherry picking. What Kevin Feige says about Thanos/Strange/Carol has nothing to do with the writing intentions the Shang-Chi director has for his own writing. Cherry picking would be if I disregarded what Feige said about Carol being the strongest but accepted an earlier statement he made about Thanos being the strongest....
Then here is the rest where you are outright saying Dumbass and getting pissy at people. So, lol at you having the gull to act as if I started attacking you when evidence proves you are the one losing his shit.
Nobody said it was absolute, If it has no contradiction then it's valid was the first thing I ever said.
Then don't bitch and complain when I state as such, dickwad.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
More like I overestimated your intelligence.
Oh snap the elementary insult of repeating what the other persons says, clearly you're showing off your intelligence
No shit sherlock, what do you think the main point of my argument has been from the get-go?
So you agree with me then, good glad that's established
Stop using words you have no clue about just to make yourself sound smart, they make you look dumber.
Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean nobody else does, Google exists
Clearly I do since your very argument attacking me for just "Simping for another person" is the very definition of Ad Hominem as you attacked me, and not the argument itself.
>Agrees with my point and not Blade's
>Uses nothing but Ad hominems to attack me because he wants Blade senpai's approval
Seems pretty obvious like you're a simp to me
Wrong, you have no argument as shown by the fact you are literally repeating my words as if I did not just say them and then pretending you are the only one arguing it. And once again, showing that Inferiority complex by bitching about me agreeing with him while throwing out Ad Hominems like a salty cunt.
That's literally the only thing you've been doing lol
Wrong dumbass
You do realize earlier posts don't cease to exist just because it's inconvenient for you right? First comments where (without checking) you say "you should know this by now OBD has done this for years" and repping insults towards me, and only starting this argument for Blade-senpai. Being openly condescending makes it obvious you weren't being the mature one here. Hell you were even agreeing with my point and only arguing against it because Blade didn't, to this moment you're still only arguing and stonewalling to be a contrarian. Dude c'mon now :really
As far as I'm aware, WoG means fuck all unless backed up by feats.
If that was the case then nobody would be using WoG anyway since they would already have the feats....hell with novels and databooks WOG is the only thing backing feats up.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Oh snap the elementary insult of repeating what the other persons says, clearly you're showing off your intelligence
Oh yes because the child-like temper tantrum you have been having up to this point is supposed to be a sign of great maturity on your part? Give me a break.
So you agree with me then, good glad that's established
That WOG is not end all be all? should have been obvious from the start but you of course had to lose your shit by being dense.
Just because you don't understand them doesn't mean nobody else does, Google exists
>he says while ignoring he has been fitting the definition of the term
If Google exists maybe try using it, you would look less like a dumbass.
>Agrees with my point and not Blade's
Blade's point is your point you stupid sack of shit. "WOG is not absolute" was his very point, all you did was misunderstand and when told so you flipped your shit and got mad. Try keeping up.
>Uses nothing but Ad hominems to attack me because he wants Blade senpai's approval
There you go again with the inferiority complex. Do you have some hate boner for Blade? because it is getting suspicious just how hard you are seething over him. Not to mention I literally showed you who started with the Ad Hominems and it sure as fuck was not me. Do you need glasses or something?
Seems pretty obvious like you're a simp to me
The only thing obvious is how oblivious you are.
That's literally the only thing you've been doing lol
"no u" Reread the comment history doofus. You're the one accusing others of what you are guilty of.
You do realize earlier posts don't cease to exist just because it's inconvenient for you right?
More like irrelevant since everything I have beef with you goes only to the First time I posted shit for brains.

First comments where (without checking) you say "you should know this by now OBD has done this for years" and repping insults towards me,
Fucking lol. THIS is the so called "insult" that got your panties in a bunch? Earth to dumbass, I've said worst shit to friends without any real insulting intent behind them and me just simply saying you should know things for how long you have been here is enough to get you asshurt? Even worse is that it is about the same kind of "insult" you gave Blade which was the first of your comments I replied to.
WOG has always been an acceptable source of canon unless contradicted so this shouldn’t come as a surprise to you.
You literally proved my fucking point since by your own stupid ass logic, you did start with the ad Hominems before I even started posting in the thread.

Fucking :russ
and only starting this argument for Blade-senpai.
More examples of inferiority complex.
Being openly condescending makes it obvious you weren't being the mature one here.
More examples of hypocrisy as shown by your comment history.
Hell you were even agreeing with my point and only arguing against it because Blade didn't,
Wrong, you were agreeing with Blade's point without knowing it and proceeded to misunderstand thanks to your dense nature and ended up getting pissy over it.
to this moment you're still only arguing and stonewalling to be a contrarian. Dude c'mon now
Another example of self-projection and hypocrisy. Also not really "contrarian" when it's just you arguing with everyone else so once again not only do you not know what those terms mean but you are the one following what those terms mean. Just :mjlol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back