Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
people accepting the mcu words as canon :hestonpls

the same dudes who said thanos was the strongest mcu antagonist :mjlol

guess

we truly close to sb levels :wow :mjlol
WOG has always been an acceptable source of canon unless contradicted so this shouldn’t come as a surprise to you.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
That’s not how that works. Just because some other writers made contradicted statements doesn’t mean they all do and it’s all treated as case by case not collectively.
That's exactly how it works dude. If their words contradicts others and does not measure up to what we see such as saying Thanos is the strongest antagonist when guys like Dormammu exists than we ignore said statements since they have no other backing other than their own word. You should know by now that's how the OBD works.

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
i mean
we already do take mcu statements case by case
for example the whole stormbreaker vs ig thing was resolved by wog clarifying Thanos didn't use the max output of the stones then because he didn't want to risk burning out the gauntlet before he got to do his snap

it's not that we ignore any mcu statement on principal, just the ones that don't match what we see at all eg Namor being "stronger than Thor, almost as strong as the Hulk" when currently Thor beats the breaks off the Hulk and we all saw it happen

That’s not how that works. Just because some other writers made contradicted statements doesn’t mean they all do and it’s all treated as case by case not collectively.

Dude, we DO take WoG statements at their word unless they are explicitly contradicted. That has been a thing since we started. What you are doing right now is what SB does in trying to cherrypick statements.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
Guess we're doing this now...
That's exactly how it works dude. If their words contradicts others and does not measure up to what we see such as saying Thanos is the strongest antagonist when guys like Dormammu exists than we ignore said statements since they have no other backing other than their own word. You should know by now that's how the OBD works.
No genius, we don't completely disregard everything WOG says just because one of them retcons the tiers he himself is making to establish. Also Dormammu wouldn't fall into that category since he's not part of the actual universe he's part of the Dark Dimension. If you really wanted to make a half decent argument you would have said Ego or Odin.

Dude, we DO take WoG statements at their word unless they are explicitly contradicted.
That's literally my point dumbass...
That has been a thing since we started. What you are doing right now is what SB does in trying to cherrypick statements.
Nothing I said was cherry picking. What Kevin Feige says about Thanos/Strange/Carol has nothing to do with the writing intentions the Shang-Chi director has for his own writing. Cherry picking would be if I disregarded what Feige said about Carol being the strongest but accepted an earlier statement he made about Thanos being the strongest....

That's literally my point dumbass...

No it wasn't, you dick, I actually read the prior posts before I said anything and no you didn't.

Nothing I said was cherry picking. What Kevin Feige says about Thanos/Strange/Carol has nothing to do with the writing intentions the Shang-Chi director has for his own writing. Cherry picking would be if I disregarded what Feige said about Carol being the strongest but accepted an earlier statement he made about Thanos being the strongest....

Yeah, it kinda does since he and the directors constantly contradict themselves which is amazing considering the MCU is nothing like the goddamned comics.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
No it wasn't, you dick.
You're really trying to argue to me about what my own point is? :dank You might want to actually put some thought into this.
Yeah, it kinda does since he and the directors constantly contradict themselves which is amazing considering the MCU is nothing like the goddamned comics.
It's funny that you're agreeing with my point and yet you're trying to argue against it here. It's almost as if the only reason you're even arguing here is a pavlovian response to follow anything Blade says regardless on how inept his argument is. Thinking for yourself will do you some good.
But no, Feige talking about Thanos/Carol has literally nothing to do nor does it have any contradiction to what Destin is saying about the context of power levels with characters in his own movie. You're essentially arguing with the director himself about this with no form of argument other than "I don't like what Feige said that one time so I can't trust you"

You're really trying to argue to me about what my own point is? :dank You might want to actually put some thought into this.

"I'm going to act like a pretentious dick to make certain that I make myself look better for very clearly arguing the opposite"
You truly are a dumb motherfucker trying to masquerade as someone smart.

Because this is NOT what I was saying.

Dude, we DO take WoG statements at their word unless they are explicitly contradicted. That has been a thing since we started. What you are doing right now is what SB does in trying to cherrypick statements.

THAT'S what I was saying. They are NOT the same.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
You truly are a dumb motherfucker trying to masquerade as someone smart.
Bro, you literally argued in my favor and attempted to backpedal by trying to convince me I wasn't arguing for something else. Who are you trying to fool here? :dank

Because this is NOT what I was saying.
THAT'S what I was saying. They are NOT the same.
It's literally the same argument...hell it's the first thing I said as a reply on the subject.
WOG has always been an acceptable source of canon unless contradicted so this shouldn’t come as a surprise to you.
:really

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Guess we're doing this now...
You mean ignore contradicting statements that are inconsistent with what is shown? Because WE have been doing that for over a decade, you're the only odd one out here trying to say otherwise.
No genius, we don't completely disregard everything WOG says just because one of them retcons the tiers he himself is making to establish.
Earth to dumbass, nothing has shown Thanos is stronger than guys like Dormammu so it is not "retconing" shit. It is a blantently wrong statement that is inconsistent.
Also Dormammu wouldn't fall into that category since he's not part of the actual universe he's part of the Dark Dimension.
The statement was referring to MCU antagonists, not just from one universe shit for brains, even than that is wrong as Thanos by himself is not stronger than people like Hela and Odin.
If you really wanted to make a half decent argument you would have said Ego or Odin.
If you paid any attention to what point you were trying to make you would not dumb enough to pretend I was somehow not referring to them as well hence "guys like Dormammu" not just Dormammu.

And once again, that contradicts the Thanos statement which is the main point Einstein.

Bro, you literally argued in my favor and attempted to backpedal by trying to convince me I wasn't arguing for something else. Who are you trying to fool here? :dank

You stupid fuck, you are the one backpedaling right now and pretending that I somehow said the same thing you did when you didn't. What the fuck was @Blade talking to if it wasn't you straight up stating this shit here?

Honestly I think this is more them saying that Giant kaijus would be a little much for the climax that already had a lot going on especially since we know there are a lot of characters on the battlefield that can handle kaiju creatures and above. After all Strange, Wong and every other Kamar-Taj sorcerer was there along with an entire army of warships from Wakanda and across the galaxy so It's hard for me to take that giant 100m tall kaijus would be too insurmountable but if we take it as that's what they meant we can still disregard that given the contradictions from what we know the characters are capable of and that its info from the VFX artists and not writers/directors/Feige himself

You are both trying to say we should either take the contradictions on and not at the same time due to the info from multiple people that constantly contradict themselves.

Actually learn what the fuck you are saying as it's not the damn same.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
literally no reason to continue this fight

we use WoG with mcu or any series if it isn't blatantly contradicted
Yes and since there are contradictions those statements in particular alone are not enough. Not that hard as something like "namor stronger than thor but weaker than hulk" is obvious in how little sense it makes to not be taken seriously unless proven otherwise on screen with feats.

OrlandoSky

Paramount
You mean ignore contradicting statements that are inconsistent with what is shown? Because WE have been doing that for over a decade, you're the only odd one out here trying to say otherwise.
There is no contradiction to the Shang-Chi statement try again
Earth to dumbass, nothing has shown Thanos is stronger than guys like Dormammu so it is not "retconing" shit. It is a blantently wrong statement that is inconsistent.

The statement was referring to MCU antagonists, not just from one universe shit for brains, even than that is wrong as Thanos by himself is not stronger than people like Hela and Odin.

If you paid any attention to what point you were trying to make you would not dumb enough to pretend I was somehow not referring to them as well hence "guys like Dormammu" not just Dormammu.

And once again, that contradicts the Thanos statement which is the main point Einstein.
I have to figure you're intentionally acting obtuse to dodge the fact that Feige's statement about Thanos and Carol is irrelevant here since he wasn't the one talking about Shang-Chi and even if he was you would need contradicting evidence because you'd essentially be trying to argue against WOG.

You stupid fuck, you are the one backpedaling right now and pretending that I somehow said the same thing you did when you didn't. What the fuck was @Blade talking to if it wasn't you straight up stating this shit here?

You are both trying to say we should either take the contradictions on and not at the same time due to the info from multiple people that constantly contradict themselves.
That sentence was so incoherent it literally makes no sense. My point in that was elaborating on the context of that statement which doesn't provide any contradictions...c'mon dude you're stonewalling at this point, either bring up a contradiction that says the Shang-Chi director is wrong or find a different thread to misdirect your anger.

Yes and since there are contradictions those statements in particular alone are not enough. Not that hard as something like "namor stronger than thor but weaker than hulk" is obvious in how little sense it makes to not be taken seriously unless proven otherwise on screen with feats.
Except there's no contradictions to either of those statements so you're stretching pretty hard for nothing.

NostalgiaFan

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
There is no contradiction to the Shang-Chi statement try again
Lol I never even talked about the Shang-chi statement or if it is or is not one of the contradictions. My argument has always been that taking WOG on its own has never been the OBD's way to scale things. Pay attention.
I have to figure you're intentionally acting obtuse to dodge the fact that Feige's statement about Thanos and Carol is irrelevant here since he wasn't the one talking about Shang-Chi and even if he was you would need contradicting evidence because you'd essentially be trying to argue against WOG.
You're the only one here acting obtuse and dodging the main point nimrod. Blade simply said taking the MCU's WOG on its own is foolish, you come in and say the fucking obvious as if Blade needs to be told WOG can be contradicted and then I responded telling you that was his main point. All you have been doing from there on out is backpedaling and making a fight out of something anyone with an above room temperature IQ should be easily able to figure out. At this rate you are just looking for a way to save face by getting so pissy over something so blatantly obvious if you just admit you did not get the fucking point.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
you know, this is the reason i barely talk in vs debates

mean, imagine trying to tell me how the obd works, a guy who has won the best obd member awards 5 times :hestonpls

bruh

@Xhominid the Fool and @NostalgiaFan were rather kind in this, cuz i was offline, once again

at this point i am gonna bring back the obd vouching members choice, cuz i don't want olf obd to turn into sb

and you like it or not, you have to wait until shang chi shows more feats in order to get the legit backup from that statement, cuz one movie and some lol statement ain't doing it legit

so, as of now, he doesn't scale, even to pre-iw versions of thor and hulk

and that's the bottom line

That sentence was so incoherent it literally makes no sense. My point in that was elaborating on the context of that statement which doesn't provide any contradictions...c'mon dude you're stonewalling at this point, either bring up a contradiction that says the Shang-Chi director is wrong or find a different thread to misdirect your anger.

You know, your retarded posturing is just making even more of an unlikable prick than you already was. My point in bringing up your post is that you are being contradictory and a complete ass and now backtracking like a motherfucker despite it being very, very clear you was trying to allow it despite the obvious contradictions, something we don't do here.

Like Jesus of Nazareth:
and you like it or not, you have to wait until shang chi shows more feats in order to get the legit backup from that statement, cuz one movie and some lol statement ain't doing it legit

This is basically what it should begin and end with. Shang Chi didn't show anything impressive in the movie nor did we see with the Ten Rings usage that makes him Thor or Hulk in any fashion... and we constantly get this comparison with multiple heroes since Phase 4 despite most of them not matching up in their own damn movie(Even fucking Namor got this now) and are constantly contradicted in later movies(which is a huge issue that has permeated the MCU even before Doctor Strange).
WoG matters until it's contradicted, end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back