What are some manga you've dropped?

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
bleach - gave it a try, read through most of it at the time, never cared about it so i just dropped it.
my hero academia - read a few volumes and it was painfully uninteresting, just very run of the mill shonen.
gantz - didn't care about any of the characters. i don't really remember what i read though lol
goblin slayer - edgy and stupid

there are definitely more.

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
gantz - didn't care about any of the characters. i don't really remember what i read though lol
Dropped Gantz as well, despite liking it.

Think it was after the Rome/Italy mission when the truth about the missions was revealed.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Dropped Gantz as well, despite liking it.

Think it was after the Rome/Italy mission when the truth about the missions was revealed.
how far is that into it? i think i only got a couple volumes in. i don't know how it gets later on or if i would have started enjoying it. but my first impression was kinda 🙄

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
I'm going to say Suzuka/Fuuka because holy hell do I regret reading that series

and Gantz but for different reasons

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
how far is that into it? i think i only got a couple volumes in. i don't know how it gets later on or if i would have started enjoying it. but my first impression was kinda 🙄
A bit over two-thirds of the manga, I think? The Rome mission and the one before it were pretty good though, really tense because it felt like anyone could kick the bucket at that point.

I think I'd enjoy the manga more if I were to read it today and don't have to wait for updates

Goth Boy

King of the losers
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
Mysterious Girlfriend X
The moment misunderstandings plots appeared

Leng

Illustrious
Will add Dr Stone and MHA too. The MHA side was practically unreadable (even with good scans) but the main issue was fifteen billion characters and the main ones were dull. Also the duck side profile was ridiculous. Dr Stone was a bit tougher, it just kind of fizzled out even when I checked in later.

I remember Hokkaido Gals being a car crash after sort of interesting, similar thing for that Love Zombie series. In terms of higher rated ones I dropped: Horimiya, One Piece, Skip Beat, Shiori Experience, Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken and others.

Maybe most contentious is Sousou no Frieren, I thought that dropped off pretty hard from a promising start.

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
Maybe most contentious is Sousou no Frieren, I thought that dropped off pretty hard from a promising start.
d07688a35ed25d82a3b1101a88477920e2474ef4.jpg

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
dropped 4 knights of the apocalypse 2 chapters in

i knew it would be ass though going in because the 7 deadly sins was already the worst manga id ever read

B Rabbit

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Toriko was always a battle hea y manga. And people will never admit this but the "quality" that everyone labeld it was based purely on the insane powerscale feats it had. But part 2 Toriko was not good.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Dr. Stone started somewhat interesting for sure, but idk couldn't keep me interested
Same, dropped that shit like hot cakes :skully

I dropped One Piece after trying to play catchup for many years, yeah, never gonna happen with that number of chapters to catch up on lol

Dwimmerlaik

Changer of Ways
Same, dropped that shit like hot cakes
It's a shame because I actually really liked its premise, would've been fun to see them rebuild civilization from scratch or something. Instead it felt like some Shounen battle manga, and certainly not a good one.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral

Leng

Illustrious
I thought this was average, maybe the wrong side due to the crappy writing (no character nuance and exaggerated but cliched premise):

Now the highest rated manga on Mangadex. Maybe I'll need to catch up on the latest chapters for what's made it so compelling.

Blade

Peace
V.I.P. Member
Ultra Perm Banned Instinct V-2
ror = record of ragnarok at chap 44-45

literally zzzzz levels with each new fight

smh

has great art and choreo, yet its plot and writing quality is so bad

Back