Currently reading

Kingdom - Up to Chapter 46
Mountains of Madness - Gou Tanabe Adaptation - Chapter 8
One Piece - Ongoing (Current)
JJK - Ongoing (Current)
Vagabond - Volume 5

Ready to pick up:

20th Century Boys
Monster (feel i'll get through it quicker than the anime, was on episode 12/13 or so)

On Hiatus (for me)

Vinland Saga - Volume 9 I think?
Dr Stone (chapter 100 ish or so)
Berserk - Well, you know.

Dorohedoro, though I went pretty far back in 09 I think, I really want to finish this series considering it's the kind of theme and artstyle I like in mangas.

Made in Abyss is next I guess, I did read the first chapter to get a feel and taste of things to come but I'm relying on @Disquiet's better judgement for this one.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Dorohedoro, though I went pretty far back in 09 I think, I really want to finish this series considering it's the kind of theme and artstyle I like in mangas.

Made in Abyss is next I guess, I did read the first chapter to get a feel and taste of things to come but I'm relying on @Disquiet's better judgement for this one.
Art looks amazing in Dorehedoro. Like the concept too, I watched 1 episode of the anime but I don't really like CGI anime.

Art looks amazing in Dorehedoro. Like the concept too, I watched 1 episode of the anime but I don't really like CGI anime.
Mangas like Blame! and Dorohedoro can never truly be translated to an animated form in any good way... Ironically both did get the anime treatment in Blame's case even twice.

I remember something about Ito's work being animated in a way that respects the original art but I didn't really follow any of that.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
Mangas like Blame! and Dorohedoro can never truly be translated to an animated form in any good way... Ironically both did get the anime treatment in Blame's case even twice.

I remember something about Ito's work being animated in a way that respects the original art but I didn't really follow any of that.
I should check out Blame! too actually.

I should check out Blame! too actually.
I wish I could recommend Biomega too seeing how it's the spiritual successor to Nihei's epic BUT the manga starts amazing with art that surpasses any of his previous work only to rapidly devolve into something I could possibly draw in 5 min and I suck at drawing even basic shapes... Blame is the far opposite, the art starts off rough only to become better and better to the point I actually feel like it's my favourite manga visually out of everything I've read, even Berserk.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
I wish I could recommend Biomega too seeing how it's the spiritual successor to Nihei's epic BUT the manga starts amazing with art that surpasses any of his previous work only to rapidly devolve into something I could possibly draw in 5 min and I suck at drawing even basic shapes... Blame is the far opposite, the art starts off rough only to become better and better to the point I actually feel like it's my favourite manga visually out of everything I've read, even Berserk.
Woah really. Let me have a quick looksie.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
dorohedoro is fucking rad, worth reading for the art alone. so is blame! but i never finished that.

Disquiet

deeply unsettling
It's not often that people imply my judgement is better than anything, thanks
eLc5vOP.png

It's not often that people imply my judgement is better than anything, thanks
eLc5vOP.png
You know jokes aside I really think you're a cool dude, I mean I don't know a whole lot about you but that's more of a incentive to try and talk more often :catsalute

Dorehedoro and Blame getting a lot of love. Can't wait to get into them.
Can't speak for Dorohedoro but Blame! is considered by many to be one of the best cyberpunk or even sci-fi as a whole works of art, it was the second manga I read in my life and it really set my standards high (whether that was a good or bad thing is evident by my decade long manga break). It came out before many movies, books and comics that are often cited as the main pillars of the genre and if you look close enough you can see many aspects it pioneered long before them. I'm not suggesting it's absolutely original (Nihei really likes his Marilyn Manson eh?) but the world it shows is, it feels more a dungeon crawler set in an impossibly far future than a flat out sci-fi and I love that so much!

Adamant soul

Exceptional
V.I.P. Member
Ghost Reaper Girl

Which I found by complete chance as I was randomly browsing for manga, happened to notice it was the same author as Rosario + Vampire (another manga I like), decided to read it and have been following it ever since.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Ready to pick up:

20th Century Boys
Monster (feel i'll get through it quicker than the anime, was on episode 12/13 or so)
You gotta read these and let me know what you think. So good.

Currently reading

One Piece
JJK
One Punch Man
Dragon Ball Super
Slam Dunk- chapter 24
Record of Ragnarok

was reading Billy Bat and will eventually finish it.

Delta Shell

Preeminent
You gotta read these and let me know what you think. So good.

Currently reading

One Piece
JJK
One Punch Man
Dragon Ball Super
Slam Dunk- chapter 24
Record of Ragnarok

was reading Billy Bat and will eventually finish it.
I'll deffo get on them soon, I just took on too many at once and i'm slow at getting through them so i'll reduce the backlog and jump on 20th next.

But even still i'm picking up recommendations in this thread :mjlol

marf

🍌 Banana Joe 🍌
V.I.P. Member
One Piece
Kaijuu #8
Kaguya-Sama - Love is War
Sensei wa koi o oshie rarenai
Please Go Home, Akutsu-san
Tonikaku Kawaii
Takane no Hana wa Midaresaki
Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai
Kou 2 ni Time Leaped Shita Ore Ga
Gokushufudou: The Way of the House Husband
Magu-Chan - God of Destruction

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I'm going to read InuYasha and Fairy Tail pretty soon. They're both completed in my closet, but I haven't touched either of them yet since they're very long, and I haven't invested my time into either of them like I have One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach.

El Hermano

Acclaimed
One Piece
Jujutsu Kaisen
Undead Unluck
Mashle
Monster 8
The Hunters Guild: Red Hood(whatever's left before its axed)

Back