What was your first forum? And how many forums did you frequent before arriving here?

EagleGSU

Illustrious
I was introduced to forums pretty early on probably in 2002 or 2003 at the latest. I was in 6th grade and just got hit by the Yugioh bug big time. That's when I discovered the website Toywiz where you could go on the website and buy single cards. Exploring the website I eventually ended up on their forums which was an old PHP coded board which I doubt is even around anymore. lol

Got on there and connected with a lot of yugioh fans, traded cards thru the mail, and found a community in Athens, GA to go play yugioh tournaments at.

After that I got into graphic design (I always sucked) and ended up on a few small invisionfree GFX boards (zeroGFX, and IFskinzone in particular), and a couple of other small yugioh boards.

That leads into around early 2004 when I discovered Narutofan, later to become narutoforums. Also frequented Adult Swim Boards, and MFG forums.

Doubt any old heads here remember any of the ones I mentioned outside of NF, but possibly.

So how did your journey go?

Shame these types of boards are dying out.

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
2006 -
- September - December: Joins Neoseeker as Yoshi Egg.
2007-
- January - December: Becomes a regular on Neoseeker.
2008 -
- January: Meets Redemption.
- February - December: Becomes a regular on Neoseeker's Loungin' Forum.
2009 -
- January: Meets Mishimi.
- February - December: Becomes a regular on Neoseeker's Dragon Ball Forum.
2010 -
- January: Gets banned on Neoseeker.
- August: Joins Naruto Forums.
- December: Appeals on Neoseeker, appeal gets denied.
2011 -
- June: Appeals on Neoseeker again, appeal gets approved.
- July - December: Meets Koshka, gets into power level debates on the Neoseeker Dragon Ball Forum.
2012 -
- March - July: Gets banned on Neoseeker. Joins Pojo, Midnight Tavern, and Original Shinden. Makes fun of Daniel The Saiyan and his forum.
- August - November: Joins Shinden Reborn and Dragon Ball Makai, meets Kamikaze Pyro and befriends p123 and Victorious.
- December: Joins DBZF.
2013 -
- January: Creates Dragon Ball Tavern. Joins Kanzenshuu.
- February: Meets Rogue. Gets banned on DBZF. Joins Shinden Revived. Befriends SuperSaiyan2.
- March: Joins Frankie Shinden 1.5 on Jcink.
- April: Joins Frankie Shinden 2.0 on Invision Power Boards.
- May: Creates Nightfall Tavern, Frankie Shinden dies, befriends Kenshi, Captain Cadaver, and Kyo, meets Tim.
- June: Creates Yoshi Shinden #1.
- July: Joins The Millennium Forums. Meets Millennium Creed and Pimp Of Pimps.
- August: Account on Neoseeker gets deactivated.
- September: Creates Otakus United.
- November: Joins The Infinity Forum. Rivals with GridZero and befriends Syn. Develops a real life relationship with Kenshi on Skype.
2014 -
- February: Appeals on DBZF. Befriends Mystic and Alex.
- May: Gets banned on The Infinity Forum.
- June: Gets banned on DBZF.
- July: Appeals on DBZF. Joins Midnight Tavern #2. Gets Alex to join The Millennium Forums.
- August: Becomes Super Moderator on Dragon Ball Makai #2. Creates Yoshi Shinden #2. Befriends Accelerator.
- September: Gets banned on DBZF.
- October: Joins SuperSaiyan2's Zetaboards DBZeta before official opening.
- November: Creates Dream Nine.
- December: Gets demoted on Dragon Ball Makai.
2015 -
- January: Starts forum war with GridZero and The Infinity Forum. Becomes Admin on Shinden No Fukkatsu.
- February: Gets demoted on Shinden No Fukkatsu. Becomes Super Moderator on Dragon Ball Makai again.
- March: Gets temporarily banned on Shinden No Fukkatsu.
- April: Gets temporarily banned on Shinden No Fukkatsu again.
- May: Almost ends real life relationship with Kenshi, gives him a second chance instead. Joins Zetaboards DBZeta on the official opening day.
- June: Becomes Forum Moderator on DBZeta. Appeals on DBZF. Dragon Ball Makai gets deleted.
- July: Creates Domainiacs. Squashes beef with GridZero and The Infinity Forum.
- August: Gets demoted on DBZeta, while becoming a Donator instead, and becomes SuperSaiyan2's equal.
- October: Gets banned on DBZF.
- December: Migrates to phpbb3 DBZeta.
2016 -
- February: Creates Otaku Kingdom. Meets Sam. Beefs with Tosh.
- May: Leaves phpbb3 DBZeta. Becomes a regular poster on The Millennium Forums.
- June: Gets banned on DBZeta. Creates Cross Epoch Forums. Meets Fullmetal on Naruto Forums.
- July: SuperSaiyan2 lets me back on DBZeta. Befriends Sev and SSBardock84.
- August: Fullmetal creates VBulletin Planet Vegeta and goes by Black on there.
- September: Joins The Infinity Forum Discord Server.
- October: Gets banned on DBZeta. Real life relationship with Kenshi ends. Leaves The Infinity Forum Discord. Becomes a regular poster on Kanzenshuu to promote Planet Vegeta. Meets VegettoEX.
- November: Becomes Co Admin on Planet Vegeta alongside Zaddy who goes by Ral on Naruto Forums. Ends feud with, as well as befriends, Tosh.
- December: Planet Vegeta moves to XenForo.
2017 -
- January: Zaddy almost starts a forum war with DBZeta.
- February: Creates +3,500 essay appeal on DBZeta and DBZF. Appeal gets denied on both forums. Talks Zaddy out of starting a forum war with DBZeta right after that, anyway.
- March: Zaddy almost moves Planet Vegeta to Invision Power Boards.
- May: Deletes Planet Vegeta with the permission of Black. Stops posting on Kanzenshuu because of Planet Vegeta's deletion.
- June - December: Begins waning off the Internet while posting on The Millennium Forums to help with that.
2018 -
- January - May: Starts to enjoy browsing the Internet again after it having an unhealthy hold over my life. Creates Planet Vegeta Discord Server with the help of Sev.
- June: Forgives SuperSaiyan2 and DBZeta on SSBardock84's Dragon Ball Super Forum.
- September: Dragon Ball Super forum moves to Dragon Ball Forum on Forumotion.
- November: SuperSaiyan2 tries letting me back on DBZeta, but the Staff denies the attempt. Fullmetal almost creates another Planet Vegeta, but backs out.
- December: DBZF moves to VBulletin.
2019 -
- February: Joins Dragon Ball Forums. Meets Beerus and Jay.
- April: Rejoins Naruto Forums and The Millennium Forums.
2020 -
- April: Advertises Dragon Ball Forums on Neoseeker, DBZF, and the Dragon Ball Makai Subreddit.
- May: Joins the now completely dead VBulletin DBZF in an attempt to revive it.
- June: Kenshi attempts to get back into real life by getting me to appeal on DBZeta.
- July: Kenshi attempts to get back into real life even after the appeal on DBZeta gets denied.
- September: Ral creates a forum called One Last Forum.
- November: The Millennium Forums becomes defunct. Joins The Millennium Forums Discord Server right afterward that.
2021 -
- February: Ownership of DBZF changes while the forum is on the road to revival. Befriends Tinny.
- March: Gets interviewed by Cal, the new Administrator on DBZF. Unfortunately gets chased off DBZF by Kenshi a week later after failing to get back into real life.
- April: DBZeta moves to XenForo.
- May: Rejoins DBZF after deleting the previous account and attempts to revive it again.
- June: Was received harsher moderation on DBZF after rejoining and deletes account again. Attempts to login to XenForo DBZeta to see if I was still banned on there. Naruto Forums changes its domain name to Fan Verse.
- August: Joins and later leaves the DBZeta Server. Leaves The Millennium Forums Discord.
- September: Rejoins the DBZeta Server as Guest123, and later leaves again. Ral officially opens One Last Forum.
- October: Becomes a regular poster on One Last Forum. Gets banned on Fan Verse for advertising One Last Forum. Witnesses a forum war between One Last Forum and Fan Verse. Meets Jff/Mbxx. Befriends Trinity.
- November: Gets unbanned on DBZeta and Fan Verse.
- December: Creates comprehensive timeline of fifteen year long, personal experience on Internet Forums.

Last edited:

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Eorzea Sun / QCDN is the first forum I recall posting in since I was playing FFXI at the time, I also joined and posted on Blue Gartr, another FFXI forum (some of my earlier image posts use blue gartr's image box which is how I knew some people on various websites were using my images in a debate)

After multiple friends stopped playing I lurked NF/MvC for a year or so around 2011 before getting interested in vs debates and ended up joining both + SB/SV sometime after (only found out about both because of posts on NF)

Eventually I locked myself out of logging on SB anymore and stopped visiting SV and basically just went back to lurking/PMing after Skype died and people moved to discord until a few months ago and now we're here because Mbxx is a massive moron

EDIT: I do have accounts on forums like gamefaqs etc. but I don't really post there

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
some video game forum in 2003.

around that time i also bought those old halo figures from toywiz lol

Pericolo

Illustrious
My very first forum was for an illegal server of tibia way way way back, I don't even remember the software it was running but it was pretty awful haha

First forum I kind of cared about was SaiyanIsland back when Ino posted links to dragonballz episodes, after the main website had to officially take them down

Good times, I was a piece of shit back then and would probably kick myself in the dick if I met 2004 kenneth

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
I was a piece of shit in 2006-2010 too, if I recall correctly. Although to be fair, there were a lot of other worse Internet jackasses back in the day, and I felt like I had to be that way to survive.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Good times, I was a piece of shit back then and would probably kick myself in the dick if I met 2004 kenneth
haha relatable. When I rediscovered my NF account in 2019 after I forgot my account in 2007 I went back and reread some of my posts. And the amount of cringe I experienced was overwhelming.

My grammar isn't great now, but it was nonexistent back in the day. And I had so many bad takes back then.

Pericolo

Illustrious
I was a piece of shit in 2006-2010 too, if I recall correctly. Although to be fair, there were a lot of other worse Internet jackasses back in the day, and I felt like I had to be that way to survive.
Times were different then and being a teenager is horrible cuz you'll say the dumbest shit

I had a phase where I spoke like an exaggerated noob in a mmorpg where everything would just be l33tz0r and awfulsauce
please punch me in the face

haha relatable. When I rediscovered my NF account in 2019 after I forgot my account in 2007 I went back and reread some of my posts. And the amount of cringe I experienced was overwhelming.

My grammar isn't great now, but it was nonexistent back in the day.
I FEEL THIS

the days when you used shit like "ur" and then you almost tried with a once in a while "u're"
english wasn't my first language but i have to say that thanks to people on nf it improved to the point i can hold conversations with english-speaking people very well now, written or otherwise

that's the power of forums IMO

OtherGalaxy

ยสี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่สี่ สี่สี
V.I.P. Member
battleon forums because I was really into dragonfable in middle school. That was probably around 2007 or 8. Didn’t really use other forums until 2012 when I got into JoJo in high school, which also led me to NF

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Very first one as a young teenager was probably some Star Wars/Dark Forces 2 aka Jedi Knight or Jedi Outcast related forum for modding it on MSN Gaming zone and it had an active RP forum section and I remember making a donut steel knock-off Fett clone Mandalorian bounty-hunter.

Kaigainiki

ホンカ・ドンカ・バドンカス
V.I.P. Member
Sadly NF was my first ever forum back in 2006. Just a bored 16 year old in the summer after Naruto premiered on Cartoon Network. And 15 fucking years later, here we are. lol

Naw but really I tried a few other smaller forums, but never stuck around long enough. Including one I believe was called Lucky Star Shrine(?) I think that place is also now dust in the wind.

So yeah, I'm a grumpy old man scared of change, but I'm still hoping for good shit to come out of this.

:gura

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
- January: Zaddy almost starts a forum war with DBZeta.
Yo I almost did this? :oldryoma
How did this happen again? I don't have any recollection of many past events, only that I created and co-founded a shit ton of forums :doge

E

Example

Unconfirmed
First forum was VSB 2016 to 2019
Second forum was NF 2016 to present

First and second forums were attended simultaneously btw.

Third forum was here. 2021 to present

Tfw lurking Smogon way back in 2007 teaches a great lesson, where the bigger the forums get, the stricter people become when it comes to their posting habits.

Son Goku

Notorious
Gamerparty.com because I used to love playing these flash games called Dinky Bomb and Voodoo Magic. I still remember joining NF all those years ago as my second forum 1/13/06.

After NF I would join any forum Ral made but NF was my home until today.

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
Fucking @Yoshi with that S grade resume tho :mjlol

I'm just a simpleton who started at Mount Moon Pokemon community at 13. Was a total fucking moron. I was still a retard when I joined NF so I'm thankful I joined it as late as I did.

Had an on and off relationship with Gamefaqs and Ubis AC forums but both were too pussy for my full personality, which I'll admit, like most true NFers can be overwhelming to filthy and uncultured normies.

Son Goku

Notorious
Yo I almost did this? :oldryoma
How did this happen again? I don't have any recollection of many past events, only that I created and co-founded a shit ton of forums :doge
Was it Ralkage 1 or 2 that gave that away. Or the first one whose name I forget.

ClannadFan

The OG Dango
V.I.P. Member
My very first forum was the Pockie Pirates forum. I joined that in 2013 I think? That's when the game came out. I was an OG of the community, played since day 1. I stayed active for years there, eventually the game died. Anyone here ever play it?

My 2nd forum was bodybuilding.com, got into it around 2014 when I was really getting into the gym. I was active there for a little bit, maybe a year.

Around the same time I would lurk the Narutoforums. I didn't make an account until 2017, would post a little bit but not much. Returned to NF around late 2020, mainly used the OL, but didn't even start posting until more recently.

Back