What was your first forum? And how many forums did you frequent before arriving here?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
So we’re going to have to be fairly careful and find a way not to alienate the (anime and manga) nerds by doing so :hm Tricky

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
So we’re going to have to be fairly careful and find a way not to alienate the (anime and manga) nerds by doing so :hm Tricky
As long as no one shitposts manga that is illegally hosted without the authors consent, we'll stay off all of the radars, even big brother :blobfacade

People can use Discord or PM's to share that kind of info if they want to, because it's not public and unless it's reported, we ain't really gotta do shit cause we don't snoop on PM,'s here (yes, still throwing jabs at that other forum :skully )

Ren

Kami Tenchi
Cease and desist like the same shit Jff tried to threaten us with when OBD'ers came over here? :blobfacade
Yes it mostly was something like that.

They were doing a cease and desist, I think, regarding the scans being posted or that was the excuse.

Reactions: Ral

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes it mostly was something like that.

They were doing a cease and desist, I think, regarding the scans being posted or that was the excuse.
Oh yeah that will definitely get big bro knocking down the front door :catshivers

• Agree
Reactions: Ren

marf

🍌 Banana Joe 🍌
V.I.P. Member
While we're on the topic, what about posting cut up links?

On NF I used to post links to manga sites like this: https : // one last forum (dot) com to get around the blocked domain censorship. Is this ok or should we just not mention the site names at all?

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
While we're on the topic, what about posting cut up links?

On NF I used to post links to manga sites like this: https : // one last forum (dot) com to get around the blocked domain censorship. Is this ok or should we just not mention the site names at all?
i dont think this is a good idea if it’s a blocked domain. although for now i don’t think we need to block domains and just need to have an accepted source list in the sections that need them and edit posts/message people to edit themselves and to not use that source that contain any “forbidden links”
since i think users will respect that if they know it can get us into literal legal trouble (and the ones that do it maliciously are going to have to talk with a very unamused angry trin)

what you can do is say something like [pm me for the uncensored post]

Schnarf

traitor joe
it was the official viz naruto forum. i had joined back in 2011 and it was officially shut down like 4 or 5 years ago. rip :blobnotgood

• Catfeels

SSMG

My memory is shit so I don't remmeber the exact dates and even years like some others in this topic ahaha

But yeah so my first one I went to was Atari forums back in like 05. That got shut down after a few years and merged to another forum which I never signed up with. Then went to gamefaqs after that. Got banned from gfaqs in 2012. Went to a small forum mostly filled with ppl who had been banned from gfaqs... Then found NF, posted for a few years, went quiet for a few more and came back during dbs' run in the fall of 2017... N now I'm here.

I've lurked tons of others and also joined other non anime related forums as well.

GregSteve

Bakugou died for your lmao's
V.I.P. Member
I think it was Sherdog was fun though Anderson Silva and Nick Diaz fans were toxic back in the day so those threads sucked and I think NF was next I lurked for a long time like 3 years I think before I joined in like 2011 or 12 that was fun but health kept me off and on from 2016 til last year and now here

OLK

Gamefaqs was my first. Don't even remember how many forums I've been on since, I used a bunch of sites

OLK

Myspace forums were great. Used to pull women from them. Also ran into a ton of fakes lmao, this one black chick made an entire fake family and friends to support her white girl facade

• Skully

Bump

Lurking
V.I.P. Member
Anime Forums think it was A4, but only used to lurk the first one i become active was Fobbers Online

AllForOne

Illustrious
Honestly I miss the older style of forums. Some of them get a new layout and it just kills the whole thing.

Probably unpopular opinion. Idk.

Back