WS Community

Sigismund

I got the perfect name for OLFs Favorites/Weebs game... MafiaMania also another suggestion for this sections big 4 events. A Members Mafia game
Ah yes, Members Mafia was supposed to be our first big game
Just fell through and never started

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Interesting so winter was when your "WrestleMania" games happened, on Fanverse it was always around Summer with Favorites. I have been a host for over a decade on Fanverse formerly known Naruto forums and from my expirence games where players submit characters and hosts make roles for them (ala Favorites/ Weebs) tend to be big draws, I believe MafiaMania should be our WrestleMania of Mafia Games here.
Worth noting that Christmas Mafia being a big annual event game happened organically rather than being planned. We had a user named Dan the Marino who would put on a Christmas Mafia every year with an open ended player count and it just naturally became the most popular game.

I'm not sure how feasible it is to artificially plan this type of thing. Mafia section activity tends to wane and wax, and this section (or at least this incarnation of it with the merger) is just an infant. Might be worth considering holding off on putting big events on the schedule before letting things play out for a while and then seeing where we are with activity and interest in playing/hosting big games as well as various themes etc.

Tempest

Leprous Monarch
Another fun and popular themed game we had but scheduled irregularly was "WF/WS Mafia" where basically all of the roles in the game were players in the section and their abilities/flavor would be an often comical interpretation of that person's persona in the section. I could see something like that being popular here and worth scheduling after we've all gotten more experienced and familiar with each other.

I think picking niche themes like tv shows etc wouldn't make great planned events because they aren't relatable or interesting to everyone the way something like that would be.

Abolish the 19th Amendment

‣ ↻
Administrator
Another fun and popular themed game we had but scheduled irregularly was "WF/WS Mafia" where basically all of the roles in the game were players in the section and their abilities/flavor would be an often comical interpretation of that person's persona in the section. I could see something like that being popular here and worth scheduling after we've all gotten more experienced and familiar with each other.

I think picking niche themes like tv shows etc wouldn't make great planned events because they aren't relatable or interesting to everyone the way something like that would be.
lmao I'm actually planning one rn

Aries

Illustrious

The beauty of games like favorites and Weebs is anyone can join these games and submit any character from any fictional setting. The host gets to get creative making the roles from fictional settings they may have not read or watched. You are always guaranteed something new every year, it's always fun watching hosts trying to either top the previous years host game either via their role creations or mechanics to make it more balanced then last year.

A Members Mafia would be great, if we go with the big 4 events like I proposed it should be on there no questions asked but wouldn't consider it it the main flagship game, I think a favorites type game would be that. It's much more casual so anyone can join and feel included, while a members game you do run the risk of alienating players who are new to the community, aren't buddy buddy with everyone in the community. Etc

I do agree the community is still growing, it's hard to really put a stamp in when you can really make these games in as who knows when activity is on the rise or when theirs a drop in the year

Aries

Illustrious
Ah yes, Members Mafia was supposed to be our first big game
Just fell through and never started

Shame it fell through would have been good start to this community, I do hope now that more peeps are joining it can be run again. Im not as active as I was years ago but I still want to see if I can host my own games here. Maybe now that this community has grown can get that itch to commit to a theme and host it

Reactions: Odd

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Something like OLF All-Stars or similar to Favorites would definitely go down well. We could do it bianually for our 'toppest' of top tier games. once in the end of fall/start of winter, and once again end of spring/start of summer. The hosts could be rotated out so everyone has had a chance to host the equivalent to our Super Bowl mafia games.

And I do admit though I only did it once or twice, the Favorites Mafia set up games on NF were fantastic like Nitty's last one.

Odd

Fuck the police
V.I.P. Member
Something like OLF All-Stars or similar to Favorites would definitely go down well. We could do it bianually for our 'toppest' of top tier games. once in the end of fall/start of winter, and once again end of spring/start of summer. The hosts could be rotated out so everyone has had a chance to host the equivalent to our Super Bowl mafia games.

And I do admit though I only did it once or twice, the Favorites Mafia set up games on NF were fantastic like Nitty's last one.
I’ll put some prize money on it, call it the Super Jam or something. Need a fresh title for our big game

Back