Yokoverse/Drakengard/Nier Feats, Discussion, and Analysis

qf45wbv5ytv61.png

FqpeJc0KKyfWzdU4HGJjFERtny5X

sinoalice_main_gl-1.jpg

A discussion, and a collection of feats and lore from Drakengard, Nier, SINoAlice, anything that's connected to Yoko Taro's fantasy world.

A guide of any canonicity of Yoko Taro's work

Some lore and connections

CT's archive of Drakengard feats

shieldbounce's Emil's Fusion Reactor calc (Nier: Automata)
So, this feat...

Apparently, Emil's Fusion Reactor Overload is capable of reducing the Earth to a chunk of rock, and it also causes it to detach it from orbiting around the Sun. Let's see how much energy is required for this exact feat to occur.

Noting that the Earth orbits around the Sun continuously, the only way for Earth to stop orbiting around the Sun would be to stop the kinetic energy of the Earth's orbit, so the Sun's gravity could pull the Earth from orbit and bring said Earth closer to it. We will solve this problem, using two methods.

Kinetic Energy of Earth's orbit around the Sun
Figuring out orbital speed first. The orbital velocity of Earth around the Sun can be figured out using the equation
ff5595cb6d81d417863e0f83dfa78c4e7dc0479d

Where
  • G = Gravitational constant = 6.674e-11
  • M = Mass of larger object where a smaller body of negligible object is orbiting
  • M = Mass of the Sun = 1.989e30 kg
  • r = radius of orbit + larger body + smaller body
  • r = 149,600,000,000 + 695,700,000 + 6,371,000 = 1.503e11 m
  • Vo = √(2*G*M/r) = √(2*(6.674e-11)*1.989e30 kg/1.503e11 m) = 42028.7 m/s
Dunno why this answer is different from Google, but I'll go with this since the Wikipedia regarding Orbital Speed goes in-depth about this particular subject.

KE (Earth) = 0.5*(Mass of Earth)*(Velocity^2) = 0.5*(5.972e24)*(42028.7^2) = 5.2745e33 Joules, or 1.2606 Yottatons

Gravitational Potential Energy

• Mass of the Sun = 1.989e30 kg
  • Mass of the Earth = 5.972e24 kg
  • Distance to the Sun from Earth = 149,600,000 km
  • Radius of the Sun = 695,700 km
  • Radius of the Earth = 6,371 km
  • GPE = G*(Mass Sun)*(Mass Earth)/(radius sun + earth + orbit)
GPE = (6.674e-11)*(1.989e30 kg)*(5.972e24 kg)/((149600000 + 695700 + 6371)*1000 m) = 5.2745e33 Joules, or 1.2606 Yottatons

So, Planet level+. Right.

9S reacting to an EMP wave and blocking it with a forcefield (Nier: Automata)

Intoner's reacting to a dragon's breath attack (Drakengard 3)

Oror's Falconblade tells an interesting story of two gods, one of the gods Lion cracks open the earth and sky with his fists (Drakengard 2):
Level 1

Once, one of Sir Gismor’s men was caught attempting to steal General Oror’s sword. When he was brought before his master, Sir Gismor harshly reprimanded the knight, and threatened to execute him. The knight pleaded, "I only wished to be more like General Oror." When Oror heard this, he interrupted Sir Gismor, and began to speak...

Level 2

"This sword was crafted after the elfin myth of two brothers who become the gods of destruction. The older one was called Falcon, and possessed the gift of knowledge. The younger one was called Lion, and possesses the gift of might. They fought in a war between humans and elves."

Level 3

"Using their gifts, Falcon and Lion brought mankind to its knees. But with the end of the war, there was no one left to test their skills against, so they continued their quest for knowledge and power. Eventually, Falcon gained the knowledge of the universe and Lion cracked open the earth and sky with his fists."

Level 4

"The brothers had become the gods of destruction, and the elves had no choice but to seal them in "Hero’s Time", using the lives and souls of millions. Your crime is the same as the brothers’. But in the name of my sword, Gismor, I beg you: spare this man." And so the knight was spared. But I never forgot the darkness I

saw in Gismor's eyes that day.

2B, 9S, or any YoRHa can destroy their space bunker by self-destructing. (Nier Automata)

Size of the bunker
YoRHa-base-station.jpg

6202b31f5a7124a77aa6e2ec2220883a9e52a5a4r1-848-480v2_00.jpg

ffxiv-nier-puppets-bunker.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg

Here are some interesting demon summons in SINoAlice

Last edited:
The YoRHa's satellite laser can obliterate an island

Yotsuba: No22 has been hit.
Futaba: We’ve located the source of the attack: Johnston Atoll.
Commander: Obliterate that entire island.
Yotsuba: Satellite D132 will be ready to fire in 24 seconds.
Futaba: Commander, we’ve confirmed the loss of No1. In order for the mission to progress as scheduled, command will be transferred to No2.
Yotsuba: No2, please confirm your position of authority.
No2: Who? Me?
Futaba: No2, respond!
No2: Uhh, yes! I’m the squadron leader, right? I understand!
No11 (voice): Shit, we weren’t ever told about this!

[SE: Explosion]

No4: This is not what we were told to expect!
No3 (voice): What about the Canceller?! The Canceller!

No15: No, I can’t dodge it!

No12: Not like this! Somebody, help me!

No2: Everyone, don’t cluster together! Spread out!

Futaba: 46 minutes from deployment.
Yotsuba: Current altitude has fallen below 50,000, and will touch down in Pearl Harbor.

No2: Commander! Where’s our counter support?!
Yotsuba: The area will be in range within 5 seconds.

No2: Commander, please hurry!
Yotsuba: In range. Preparing to fire satellite lasers.
Commander: Fire!

[SE: Loud explosions last for roughly 2 seconds as the backdrop is filled with the scenes of a large explosion]

Yotsuba: The enemy fortress… has sunk. Scanning for nearby heat sources. Registering 23 short-range missiles at a distance of 42,000.

Grun's barrier is durable enough to deflect the satellite laser

Last edited:
Hegel can create sandstorms in the entire Desert Zone

The big area on the bottom left
_2usLF_hChoy3sPqwpIpLs5WZu3FZkur4Ed7xNyorM8.jpg

A2 surviving an explosion that can destroy mountains

All YoRHa units are equipped with the Black Box, which is their power core, is considered a fusion reactor. 2B and 9S overload their Black Box to explode into an atomic bomb. Seems like merging two Black Boxes is easier to detonate.

Seems like all the alien machine lifeforms also have these Black Boxes
The following document details the final stages of Project YoRHa.

(Note that this document has been marked with Level-SS confidentiality, and should not be disclosed to any YoRHa personnel, including the Bunker commander.)

[Black Box]

Each YoRHa unit is equipped with a "black box", an item created by reusing the core of a machine lifeform. As such, it could be said that the consciousnesses of YoRHa units and machine lifeforms share the same structure. Said black boxes were installed after determining that it would be inhumane to install standard AI in androids that are ultimately destined for disposal.

(For the record, malfunctioning black boxes have caused some YoRHa units to turn hostile.)

A2 and all older models have Berserker Mode to increase their nuclear fusion output, increasing their strength and speed that comes with a risk.

Last edited:
Here are videos of what happens when you equip Auto-Chips that make the game dodge for you instead of the player dodging manually.

Here in the novelization of 10H dodging lasers.
latest

The World Guide refers to the YoRHa weapons as beam guns and beam missiles. The bullets and missiles are propelled using particle beams.

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

A2, Adam and Eve dodging lasers.

The Nier novelization has this P-33 combat robot described its processing time in nanoseconds. The P-33 model is several thousand years out of date by this point. Nier, Kaine, and Emil defeated him.
4F7C6302-A127-48C0-8CD6-6EDA64A23D97.jpg

All YoRHa’s can modify their speed with plug-in chips like Overclock and Evasive System where time slows down for everyone.

Last edited:

Grimoire Nier is basically a series of novels and an encyclopedia.

The interview with Yoko Taro says that the axis of the Earth has changed.
Let's ask director Yokoo a simple question 2: Why doesn't it ever get completely dark at night?

Yokoo: The axis of the earth has changed in that time period, the sun won't sink below the horizon even at night – it’ll be like a midnight sun.

This is also from the World of Recycled Vessel from the Nier game. Seems to imply it happened by the time or after Angelus and the Queen Beast arrived on Earth and when they brought magic to the world.
Door 1

1. This is the world of the recycled vessel, created to avoid the destruction of all.
  2. The Black Scrawl. A lost destiny. A white book. A false truth.
  3. A soldier of salt calling forth white death. He is Legion, the man who plunged the world into darkness.
  4. The dragon's corpse brought death to the world, delivering unto it the power of the devil.
  5. The black sickness stains the future. They journey to return to soulless vessels.

Door 2

1. The apocalypse divided the world in two: one that knows not day, and one which has never seen the night.
  2. Black, and white. Thirteen pacts. The vessels' forms waver as they cross time and space.
  3. The song of man has been drowned out. In its place, the scream of something inhuman.
  4. The sky falls with the dragon. The world ends this day.
  5. The puppet priest collects the accursed prayers and polishes the vessel.

Door 3

1. As long as this memory exists, as long as mankind has hope, a bloody battle will be waged over the holy domain of the body.
  2. Foolish human. Foolish human. Foolish human. Foolish vessel.
  3. All is paid. All is sacrifice.
  4. Do not bring back the light. Do not bring back the vessel. Do not bring back the future. Do not bring it back.
  5. Every beam of light is an invitation to death.

In Nier Automata, 9S explains the cycle of light and dark doesn't exist, the sun doesn't leave the sky anymore.
EM0xo9W.jpg

QrY7ALf.jpg

wlTi98E.jpg

Jxm0iLr.jpg

In Nier Automata, one of the Resistance members says that something happened to the moon.
YQVwPQJ_d.webp

In this Dengeki Playstation interview Yoko Taro confirming the permanent day and night cycle.

In the settings materials and the stage play, we hear about something called the "Day Countries" and the "Night Countries." Without going too in-depth, could you explain a little bit about this to us?​

In the world of NieR, a certain incident in the world's past caused the Earth's axis to shift. Because of this, there's now a world of permanent daytime, as well as a world of permanent nighttime. I was told to give brief answers, so that's all I can say about this.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
First off, really hoping for Drakengard 1 and 3 to get the Replicant remake treatment. Would love a brand new, more polished experience with Zero and Caim. Some of the best murder hobos in gaming.

Changes are expected in an adaptation of a video game but with Yoko Taro, that can mean a lot.

Hoping Yoko is going to mind fuck us with some crazy stuff like Caim showing up in the anime, confirming the fan theory he’s Red Eye. Or even the Watchers showing up and being what’s controlling the Machines rather than the Terminals here.

Last edited:

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
They could throw in that as an extension. Like the extra story content they included in the Nier Replicant remake.

Astaro

Resplendent
V.I.P. Member
As for the Watcher thing, reason being I always thought the Terminals have some kind of connection with the Watchers. The Logic Virus being much like afflicted under White Clorination Syndrome that destroyed humanity that came from Queen-Beast’s corpse.

And of course the infamous Cult of the Watcher’s Symbol on Eve whose got red eyes, meaning he was succumbing to the Logic Virus at the same time.

rcrUvLC.png

Be crazy if this time around with the anime, it’s more than a cheeky reference to Drakengard

The Terminal via Red Girl merging with the Seed of Destruction transforms into a Watcher and becomes the reincarnation of the final song.
jqa40pn2j6w61.jpg

991798f77fa59e25357d9e56eda61f61897f42fe.gifv

Seems like the Flower might be a Watcher. Her Inflorescence resembles Zero and the Intoners.
IMG_2485.webp

FR5Q-KHXEAAR-nK.jpg

Triple Accel 555

Preeminent
Just how strong Zero in term of DC and Speed compare to Caim and Nowe ?

Zero capable to statement Michael and capable to defeat Gabriel and One in ending A.

Mikhail final form also capable to sealed Intoner in ending D.

Back