You should probably play Snatcher and Policenauts.

Naruto

Hi @Trinity ! I like the domain name a lot.

Screenshot 2021-10-01 092432.png

Did you know that after Metal Gear 1 and 2, but before Metal Gear Solid, Kojima worked on some sweet visual novels?

Snatcher (1988) is a cross between Blade Runner, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and Terminator all wrapped up in sweet jazzy tunes and 80s anime aesthetics.

Policenauts (1994) is basically Lethal Weapon in space. If you can't tell, Kojima is a huge fan of hollywood action movies. I'm sure most of you know that Snake is modeled after the eponymous character from Escape From New York. Aside from being incredibly well put together in their own right, these also extremely fun for fans of Metal Gear because they're likely to retroactively recognize references to them within every single Metal Gear Solid :) Oh yeah, if you haven't unmuted the videos yet, please do. I guarantee you will recognize Policenauts' theme from the Konami logo in MGS.

B4GeKJ5.png

Not all versions have been translated (officially or otherwise), so if you'd like to experience the PC98 pixel-art version of Policenauts, for example, you're out of luck.

While we're at it, look at how fucking gorgeous PC98 pixel art was, it's a shame 99% of its library is in japanese:

yjH8ljN.gif

Snatcher's Sega CD version is pretty definitive and was officially released in english. Policenauts was translated by fans for the PS1 and Saturn releases. I would recommend whatever versions you can emulate on a portable device as I find these games are really best played at night before going to sleep.

Back