Mario VS Sonic

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Alright, so I’ve been browsing the forum a bit and I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s a lot of Mario and Sonic fanboys. So I was wondering who fell under which fandom.

Modern Sonic > Classic Mario > Classic Sonic > Modern Mario

Modern Sonic has outstanding titles like Unleashed, Colors, Generations, Mania, and Frontiers going for it. Games that only Odyssey can compete with when it comes to Mario and when it comes to quality.

Classic Mario has Bros 1, 2, 3, and World. These are all good games, but they’re only a step above your average Kirby game. 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 & 2, same thing, but these were the last truly fun Mario games outside of Odyssey.

I’m of the opinion that outside of Adventure and Adventure 2, as well as Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles, terrible games like Heroes, Shadow, and 2006 keeps any of these titles from truly saving Classic Sonic.

Modern Mario, outside of Odyssey, is awful. The New Super Mario Bros series, the Super Mario 3D series, and Mario Maker are all soulless cash ins. I would even sooner play a modern Pokémon game than I would a modern Mario game (outside of Odyssey).

Back