Skin request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
Still working out details and stuff from the skins we currently have, but feel free to request things here.

I think ultimately what I’m going to do for the Default is rotating banners.

(It’d be a great help if members here learn how to skin, it’s hard to find tech bros.)

Dr. Watson

‣ ↻
Administrator
(Of course, it doesn’t need to be said, but this is currently on the backburner. I just didn’t want to forget making this thread.)

Nep Nep

Forbidden Boi Kunt
Administrator
I still say a Nier Automata themed one with 2B as the focus would be great.

I would love to learn how to skin too but first someone will have to bring me out of the caveman times for image manipulation software and knowledge.

I'm fucking BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD

Which sucks cause I have ideas they're just stuck in my head cause transferring them in the form of a skin is a no go. Or maybe I'm wrong and I just need to buckle down and try it...

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I've corrected some issues on the default (dark) style; hovering issues mostly and some text in areas were unreadable.

Styles in XenForo have a lot of guess work like some things you can edit in the Styling Options while other stuff exists in templates both inline and the CSS/LESS files themselves that you have to modify.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Will we have issues with the avatars on newer skins or has that issue been resolved?

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Will we have issues with the avatars on newer skins or has that issue been resolved?
It will be on a skin to skin basis; I am thinking that we will start from a master skin and make modifications to the children skins as needed such as colors and whatnot. The master skins will handle the avatar compression fix and other stuff that won't change the appearance of the child skins.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
It will be on a skin to skin basis; I am thinking that we will start from a master skin and make modifications to the children skins as needed such as colors and whatnot. The master skins will handle the avatar compression fix and other stuff that won't change the appearance of the child skins.
I guess after that we can probably get to more proper 175x250 avatar sizes and it shouldn't have any issues after that. But that's real good to hear.

T-Pein™

The Nexus
Pronouns
They/Them
Test

Light or dark or both?

I mean something like this.

ddddddws.jpg

Reactions: Ral
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back