Yoshi's Pokemon Fanfiction

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Chapter 1: Red, Green, and Blue!

Red hears the alarm go off in his bedroom and wakes up to the noise...

Red: Well, today's the day I get my Starter Pokemon. I wonder if my childhood best friend turned rival, Green will get to choose one before me.
Red's Mom: Honey, breakfast is ready! Come downstairs!
Red: Thanks Mom!

Red runs across his bedroom to go downstairs. When he reaches his Mom's room the Kitchen, he runs toward the kitchen table, chugs the orange juice, grabs the Toast and Bacon, and stuffs said Toast and Bacon in his mouth while he runs toward the front door. Gulping his food down his throat when he reaches the door, he yells...

Red: Bye, mom!
Red's Mom: Be careful out there in the dangerous routes in Kanto, Red! The last thing I want is for you to make hasty decisions like finishing your meals too quickly like you did just now!

By the time she finished her second sentence, Red had already left the house with the door open. As Red heads toward Professor Oak's Laboratory, he sees Green waving bye to his sister Daisy near the front door of their house.

Red: Oh good! He hasn't gotten his starter before I did!

As Daisy shuts their front door, Red stops running while out of breath when he faces Green.

Green: What's the hurry, Red?
Red: I want us to have a chance to debate over which starter we get before the other is too late to have that chance.
Green: It's not like you'll be missing out if I hypothetically got to choose one before you. All three are rare Pokemon that have very powerful final evolutions.
Red: You know what, you're right. I'll have two choices left if you get to choose before me, anyway. We should both pace ourselves the rest of the way.

Red and Green decide to walk together instead of run toward Oak's Lab. As they walk to the front door of his lab, a brunette with long hair walks out of the lab carrying a Pokeball in her hand.

???: Who are you two?
Green: That's what I'd like to ask you! I won't tell you my name, but I'm Professor Oak's grandson, and we were the only two that were supposed to receive Starter Pokemon today! So who are you, and what Pokemon is in that Pokeball?!
Blue: My name is Blue, and this is a Squirtle inside this Pokeball.
Oak: Oh thank goodness you two are here! This girl stole my Squirtle! Here are the Pokeballs for Bulbasaur and Charmander!
Red: I suppose we should ask more questions later, Green! I also want Bulbasaur, if that's okay with you!
Green: That's fine by me! My Charmander will have a type advantage over your Bulbasaur anyway!

As Professor Oak throws the Pokeballs for Bulbasaur and Charmander to Red and Green, Blue makes a run for it toward Route 1.

Red: Oh no you don't! Bulbasaur I choose you!
Bulbasaur: Bulbasaur!
Red: Bulbasaur! Use Vine Whip to grab Blue!

As Bulbasaur attempts to use Vine Whip to grab the Girl's waist, Blue throws her Pokeball toward the vine and the Pokeball hits the vine, sending out Squirtle.

Green: Charmander, I choose you!
Charmander: Charmander! Char!
Blue: No matter how I look at it, I'm going to be fighting a losing battle here...

Blue whips out her walkie talkie.

Blue: Jessie, James, I stole a Starter Pokemon from Professor Oak.

Jessie and James appear out of the tall grass in front of Route 1 with an Ekans, a Koffing, and a talking Meowth.

Meowth: Very good! Welcome to Team Rocket!
Green: Did he just say Team Rocket?!
Red: Did that Meowth just talk?!
Jessie: That's right!
Meowth: Meowth! That's right!
James: Now it's four Pokemon against two, as opposed to two Pokemon against one. Surrender now, or prepare to fight!

Red and Green reluctantly return Bulbasaur and Charmander to their Poke Balls, while Blue, Jessie, and James all return Squirtle, Ekans, and Koffing to their Poke Balls, while the three Team Rocket members and Meowth all make a getaway to Route 1.

Green: I know stealing that Squirtle from my grandfather was shady, but I can't believe that girl became part of Team Rocket after that.
Red: Yeah. The worst part about it was she was pretty hot, too.
Green: Will you ever be serious, Red?
Professor Oak: I finally caught up to you two! Did you get Squirtle back?

Red and Green explain everything that happened to Professor Oak.

Oak: Oh, I see... That really is unfortunate. Anyway, I'd like to hand you both Pokedex's and five Poke Balls.

After Professor Oak gives them their Pokedex's and Poke Balls, he heads back to his Lab.

Red: So what should we do now?
Green: How about a Pokemon battle, Red? We need to fully test their abilities since we didn't get to earlier against Blue.
Red: Sounds like fun! Bulbasaur, go!
Green: Charmander, go!

The Poke Balls reveal Bulbasaur and Charmander respectively.

Bulbasaur: Bulba!
Charmander: Char!
Red: Bulbasaur! Use Razor Leaf!
Green: Charmander! Use Ember!

As Bulbasaur's leaves head toward Charmander, Charmander's Ember burns the leaves.

Red: Bulbasaur, use Tackle!
Green: Charmander, use Scratch!

Bulbasaur and Charmander collide against each other, but while Bulbasaur's head hits Charmander's torso, Charmander's claws grab Bulbasaur's ears, while Charmander stands his ground, sliding back while also lessening power of the impact. Charmander lets go of Bulbasaur's ears and scratches Bulbasaur's face, while Bulbasaur closes his eyes.

Red: Bulbasaur, use Growl to scare him!
Bulbasaur: BULBASAUR!!

As Bulbasaur yells his name, Charmander stops scratching out of intimidation.

Green: Don't let him intimidate you Charmander! Finish him off with Ember!
Charmander: Charmander!

Charmander's Ember burns Bulbasaur, enough to make him faint. Red returns Bulbasaur, with the triumphant Charmander putting his hands on his hips.

Green: Charmander, return!

Green returns Charmander back into his Poke Ball.

Green: You should go back to my Grandfather's Laboratory, Red. He has a machine that can heal Pokemon back to health like a Pokemon Center can. Anyway, I'm going to Viridian City now! Smell ya later!

Red and Green head toward Oak's Lab and Route 1 respectively. After Red's Bulbasaur fully heals, Red makes his way toward Route 1, officially beginning his Pokemon journey!

To be continued...

Yoshi

Distinguished
V.I.P. Member
Chapter 2: Yellow!

We begin this Chapter with Blue, Jessie, James, and Meowth all at the Viridian City Gym.

Giovanni: Oh, so it's you three.
Jessie: Yes. And we've recruited someone new to Team Rocket.
James: Her name is Blue. She stole a Squirtle from Professor Oak to prove her loyalty to us.
Giovanni: I see! So where is this mystery recruit at the moment?
Meowth: She's washing her hands at the moment. She'll speak with you soon.
Giovanni: Well, while I wait on her, I better head to the basement of the Gym.

Giovanni walks toward the stairs that head toward the underground. He decided that now was the time to set his plan to capture Mewtwo and take over Kanto in motion. He opens the door only to find that his precious Master Ball was stolen.

Giovanni: What in the world?! The Master Ball I planned to capture Mewtwo with is gone!

Giovanni planned on searching his basement for the Ball, but then he noticed muddy shoe prints on the floor of his basement leading to the door. He bolts out of the basement, running right past the confused trio of Team Rocket members, only to find the "new recruit" of Team Rocket holding his previously owned Master Ball.

Giovanni: Who the hell are you?!
Blue: My name is Blue, and I've taken this Master Ball for myself.
Giovanni: Blue?!

Several things were now on Giovanni's mind at the moment, but on the front of his mind was getting his Master Ball back.

Giovanni: Give that Ball back to me! A girl like yourself has no idea about the value that Ball possesses!
Blue: Oh I do. I did my research, and this can capture any Pokemon in existence with a 100% success rate.
Giovanni: Persian! Go!

Persian releases from his Ultra Ball.

Persian: PERSIAN!
Giovanni: Persian! Use Thief and give the Master Ball that girl stole from me back to me!
Persian: PERSIAN!

Persian ran toward Blue, but before he could reach her, Blue used a Smoke Ball and vanished in a cloud of purple smoke.

Giovanni: BLAST IT!! PERSIAN, RETURN!

Persian went back into his Ultra Ball and as the smoke cleared, Giovanni saw Blue in the horizon, near Viridian Forest.

Giovanni: DAMMIT ALL!!

Giovanni's face was red with anger. He approached the three Team Rocket members and ordered them this...

Giovanni: That "new recruit" to Team Rocket of yours just stole my only Master Ball and is now in the Viridian Forest! Jessie, James, Meowth, if you don't retrieve that Master Ball from her, I will kill all three of you, and I will hire Cassidy and Butch back to take your places again!
Team Rocket: *gulps* YES SIR!!

The three start sprinting to the exit of the Gym and make their way to Viridian Forest.

Meanwhile, Red makes it to Viridian City after a long day of traveling in Route 1.

Red: Ah... I made it! I have to heal my Bulbasaur and my newly captured Pidgey back to full health at that Pokemon Center over that ledge.

After Red makes it over the ledge and into the Pokemon Center, he finds a short blonde girl with a Straw Hat as the only other patient in the hospital. After Red hands his Poke Balls to Nurse Joy, he approaches the girl by the sofas.

Red: Oh, what's your name, blondie?
Yellow: I'm Yellow. I'm waiting on my Pokemon to fully heal after my trainer battle. What's your name?
Red: I see. My name is Red. Did you win?
Yellow: No. I was too weak. And he took all of my money. It's a good thing Pokemon Centers are basically free health care, considering...
Red: He took all of it?! You're only supposed to take half the money of your opponent! What was his name?

As soon as Yellow opened her mouth to say his name, Nurse Joy exits the back of the hospital with her pushing one cart of Poke Balls and a Chansey pushing the other cart containing one Poke Ball.

Nurse Joy: Both of your Pokemon are fully healed. We hope to see you again!
Chansey: CHANSEY! CHANSEY!

The two exit the Pokemon Center together.

Yellow: His name was Green. His Charmander completely overpowered my recently caught Pikachu.
Red: Green?! I know that guy! Do you know where he was going after that?
Yellow: He said he was going toward Route 22 to train and capture Pokemon near Victory Road.
Red: What a jackass! I thought he was going to battle trainers with more honor than that! Don't you worry Yellow... I'll be sure to teach him a thing or two about following the code of Pokemon Trainers!
Yellow: You don't have to go out of your way to do something like this for me, Red. It was my loss.
Red: That may be, but he's my Pokemon rival. And I have to show him up after he beat both you and me on similar time periods.

Red and Yellow head toward the building leading to Victory Road. As they get close, they see Green walking toward them.

Green: Well if it isn't Red? I captured two wild Pokemon on Route 22, but I was told I couldn't go any further than here by Officer Jenny in that building. What brings you here, anyway? Are you here to capture Pokemon in this Route as well?
Red: I'm here to stand up to you for taking all of this poor girl's money after beating her in a Pokemon battle!
Green: Oh, I recognize her now, it's Yellow. Sorry you two. I know it's more honorable to take half of your opponent's money after you beat them, but I have rather high ambitions, and I'll do whatever it takes to be the Kanto League champion.
Red: Green! You should realize that the journey to such a high goal, that I happen to have in common with you by the way, is just as important as the end result!
Green: Ha! Are you going to keep preaching to me, or are you going to be a man and back up your words with another Pokemon battle? Which you'll lose to me again like you did in Pallet Town.
Red: I'll be more than happy to battle you again, and things are different this time, believe me!
Green: Go! Nidoran Female!
Red: Go! Pidgey!

Both Pokemon appear out of their respective Poke Balls.

Nidoran Female: NIDORAN!
Pidgey: PIDGEY!
Red: Pidgey! Use Tackle!
Pidgey: Pidgey!

As Pidgey flies into the air and swoops down toward Nidoran Female and makes impact with it, it makes it go tumbling the opposite direction, but Pidgey hits a couple of its poisonous points, poisoning it.

Green: Haha! What a novice mistake Red! Did you know that the two species of Nidoran have poisonous points that poison any Pokemon that isn't a Poison Type and that hits it? I bet you didn't!
Red: Damn it all!
Green: Nidoran female! Use Scratch against the poisoned Pidgey!
Nidoran Female: Nidoran!

Nidoran Female claws at Red's Pidgey, weakening it even further.

Red: Pidgey! Use Gust to blow it away!
Pidgey: Pidgey!

Pidgey backs away from Nidoran Female's claws and opens its wings, flapping them together to send Nidoran Female flying toward a nearby ledge, fainting it.
Green: Dammit! Return, Nidoran Female! Go, Nidoran Male!

Green throws his Poke Ball near him, revealing the Nidoran Male.

Nidoran Male: NIDORAN!
Red: So this is the other Nidoran species, huh?
Green: So what will you do, Red? Your Pidgey looks worn out already? Think it can take on another Nidoran?
Red: The way I see it, Pidgey only has enough energy for one more attack and can only take one more hit. Better make this count. Pidgey, fly in the air and use Gust one more time!
Pidgey: Pidgey! Pidgey!

Pidgey flies into the air once more, and with the help of being airborne, its Gust is even more powerful than before, despite it being close to fainting. However, due to still being at full health, Nidoran Male is only pushed back by the wind, albeit quite a bit and while sustaining visual damage, as it braced itself for the wind earlier.

Green: Nidoran Male! Finish it off with Horn Attack!
Nidoran Male: Nidoran!

Nidoran Male charges toward Pidgey, who lands on the ground after being in midair, exhausting itself from anymore attacks. Nidoran Male sends Pidgey tumbling, stopping right in front of Red, fainting.

Red: Return Pidgey! You did well! Go Bulbasaur!
Bulbasaur: BULBASAUR!
Red: Bulbasaur! Use Tackle!

Just a single Tackle from Bulbasaur sends Nidoran Male flying, landing right in front of Green, already fainting from the impact of Bulbasaur's Tackle combined with the fall.

Green: Return, Nidoran Male! Go Charmander!
Charmander: CHARMANDER! CHAR!
Green: Your Bulbasaur has gotten a lot tougher since Pallet Town Red. But so has my Charmander!
Red: We'll see which one of them is the toughest then! Bulbasaur, use Leech Seed!

Bulbasaur shoots several seeds out of its bulb toward Charmander, while the seeds begin to sprout after landing on it.

Green: Charmander! Use Fire Punch!
Charmander: Char!
Red: Bulbasaur! Use Take Down!

As both Pokemon collided against each other, it produced a shock wave that sent both backwards, with Charmander overwhelmed by Bulbasaur's full body collision, while Bulbasaur received damage from both the Fire Punch and the recoil from his Take Down attack. Both appeared to be in a near defeated state after the impact, but Bulbasaur's Leech Seed finished off what little remaining HP Charmander had, while healing Bulbasaur enough to where it no longer appeared to be near fainted.

Red: Oh wow! Bulbasaur! We did it!
Bulbasaur: BULBASAUR! BULBA!
Red: Return, Bulbasaur!

Bulbasaur returns to its Poke Ball, smiling upon doing so.

Red: Now Green, as the winner, I demand you give me back all the money you stole from Yellow!
Green: Fine! Take it! I'm going to the Pokemon Center to heal my Pokemon. You may have won this time, but I'll come out on top in the end, Red.

Green makes his way toward the Viridian City Pokemon Gym.

Red: It looks like I'll have to heal my Pokemon as well. Yellow, here's all of your money back.
Yellow: Red, I can't! You earned this victory after all!
Red: Trust me. I wouldn't feel like I really won in place of you and your Pikachu if I didn't give you all of the money Green stole from you.
Yellow: Wow... Thank you!

Yellow blushes while she receives all of her money back from Red. As Red enters the Pokemon Center, he sees Green about to leave it.

Green: I've fully healed my Team now, and I'm going to the Viridian Forest and later, the Pewter City Gym. You should get a move on so you don't fall too behind, rival!

They proceed to pass each other and Red hands his Poke Ball belt to Nurse Joy and her Chansey. Nurse Joy and Chansey exit the back of the Pokemon Center with Red's Poke Ball belt.

Nurse Joy: Your Pokemon are fully healed. We hope to see you again!
Chansey: CHANSEY, CHANSEY!

Red exits the Pokemon Center to find Yellow at the door, with a big warm smile and with her eyes both squinting at him.

Red: Oh, uh... Hi!
Yellow: Hi, Red!

Yellow grabs Red's arm and wraps her arms around it.

Red: Uh... I'm going to Viridian Forest and later, Pewter City to face the Pewter City Gym Leader. You can uh... Come if you want. But I would uh... Rather you not hug my arm.
Yellow: What's wrong with doing that? I'll stop once we enter the Forest together, I guess...

The two head toward Viridian Forest together. But what challenges will come their way? Green? Blue? Team Rocket? Find out, next chapter!

To be continued...

Back