• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

AMAIM: Warrior of the Borderline/Kyoukai Senki

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon

The once every other year Sunrise original take on a mecha series that isn't Gundam. A few years before we had the successful Buddy Complex and the entertaining but trainwreck Valvrave before it. Now we have Kyoukai Senki which seems to be based and set in a near future Japan which has been occupied by multiple foreign powers while drone-piloted AI mechas (AMAIMs) battle it out over territory.

The animation so far has been good.
The main character is likable.

But it feels very vanilla so far.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Personally found the 2nd episode to be much more engaging then the pilot episode and we get more information about the overall geo-political situation of the world which is always nice.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
I feel behind so I'm catching up from episode 4, latest out is episode 6. "Ghost" being an AI/non-manned AMAIM wasn't something I was expecting. Same with
Risa's death
but I'm sure that was because they needed some kind of emotional catalyst or tie-in to keep or cement Amou with the rebels.

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Watt + his team vs Ghost was pretty reminiscent the thematically to me of the Flag Fighters vs the Gundam Thrones from 00

Aurelian

Titan
Administrator
Decepticon
Really was a weird show but I have a feeling with that ending that if and when season 2 comes certain characters will be revealed alive

Back