• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Composite Artoria (Fate) vs Composite Red Ranger (Power Rangers, TV)

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
All rangers allowed, Artoria is restricted to those depicted.

b9qUKZN.png

oJktzGs.png
QxTzZlQ.png
mDEGV09.png
cjio1Hx.png

Last edited:
Who the hell is Altria? Some Alternate Universe version of Artoria?

It's the "Localization" version of Artoria, aka, what Nasu thinks Artoria should be called here... and yes, the fanbase does dog him hardcore for this including the localization team themselves.

Otherwise, it basically depends on how far the composites of the Red Rangers tend to go and if it includes Morphin' Master Red.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Who the hell is Altria? Some Alternate Universe version of Artoria?
It's the "Localization" version of Artoria, aka, what Nasu thinks Artoria should be called here... and yes, the fanbase does dog him hardcore for this including the localization team themselves.
Breh. I was sure I used the spelling that FGO gave OG Saber.

I probably confused myself with Altria Caster or something. RIP :catcry

Breh. I was sure I used the spelling that FGO gave OG Saber.

I probably confused myself with Altria Caster or something. RIP :catcry

No, it is but people genuinely don't use it because Altria is a terrible fucking name that has nothing to do with the basis it comes from.

(Artoria comes from the feminization form of Artorius, the man King Arthur is heard to be based on. Artoria exists as a really rare name but it very much exists. Altria is the Google Translate version of that name and has no basis at all with either of those).

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
No, it is but people genuinely don't use it because Altria is a terrible fucking name that has nothing to do with the basis it comes from.

(Artoria comes from the feminization form of Artorius, the man King Arthur is heard to be based on. Artoria exists as a really rare name but it very much exists. Altria is the Google Translate version of that name and has no basis at all with either of those).
Honeslty, I don't know how you get that from Google Translate, even. Getting hit with the Japanzing beam usually just adds enough vowles to maket he work legible in Katakana

A ru to ri a
ア ル ト リ ア

Or you just drop the extra consonant

A to ri a
アトリア

Oh. Yep. There it is. Localize that and you clearly end up with Artoria. Nasu was having a bit of brain fart when he put his foot down on it being read Altira. Maybe he thought the L made it sound more Western. :hm

Honeslty, I don't know how you get that from Google Translate, even. Getting hit with the Japanzing beam usually just adds enough vowles to maket he work legible in Katakana

A ru to ri a
ア ル ト リ ア

Or you just drop the extra consonant

A to ri a
アトリア

Oh. Yep. There it is. Localize that and you clearly end up with Artoria. Nasu was having a bit of brain fart when he put his foot down on it being read Altira. Maybe he thought the L made it sound more Western. :hm

That's precisely the problem lol:

Arutoria is exactly how they say it in Japanese but apparently, they are forced to say Altria in any media she's mentioned, shown or her name is given out for localization despite it making no sense at all.
It's worse because in official materials that has her translated name, it actually came out as Altria for some insane reason for years.

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
Otherwise, it basically depends on how far the composites of the Red Rangers tend to go and
The highest numbers that I, as deeply uninformed as I am, have heard for any given ranger or zord is large planet level.

But arguments for this level can be made as far back as MMPR. I'm pretty sure base rangers tank hits from potentially planet level zords. With standard power creep and the addition of Battlizers during Space Rangers, I'm sure a composite ranger is well above that 30 year old large planet level cap.

if it includes Morphin' Master Red.
After reading the opening paragraph on the Ranger wiki, I'm gonna go with no.

"The Morphin Masters, also known as The Masters, were ancient beings that lived in the Morphin Grid and protected it from various threats. Some of them were instrumental in creating the very power sources various Ranger teams use through all of time and space"

This dude sounds like he could threaten structures like the Moon Cell, let alone a high-tier Heroic Spirit.

The highest numbers that I, as deeply uninformed as I am, have heard for any given ranger or zord is large planet level.

But arguments for this level can be made as far back as MMPR. I'm pretty sure base rangers tank hits from potentially planet level zords. With standard power creep and the addition of Battlizers during Space Rangers, I'm sure a composite ranger is well above that 30 year old large planet level cap.

After reading the opening paragraph on the Ranger wiki, I'm gonna go with no.

"The Morphin Masters, also known as The Masters, were ancient beings that lived in the Morphin Grid and protected it from various threats. Some of them were instrumental in creating the very power sources various Ranger teams use through all of time and space"

This dude sounds like he could threaten structures like the Moon Cell, let alone a high-tier Heroic Spirit.

That's why I asked if it included Morphin' Master Red in your composites for that reason lol.

King of time

Exceptional
don't combine the characters into a composite version, I think it's quite odd,Let's separate them so they can fight

Last edited:

Edward Nygma

Illustrious
don't combine the characters into a composite version, I think it's quite odd,Let's separate them so they can fight
You are more than welcome to discuss that scenario in this thread. I'd just point out that:

1. Even including every Artoria, they'll be outnumbered nearly 2:1. As I have it now, it's about 5:1.

2. Both of these characters are avatars drawing power from a singular source. I'm pretty sure the Morphin' Grid and Counter Force could manifest these fighters in canon.

Hell, Caster Artoria could almost certainly turn herself into this character by altering her Saint Graph directly. Lesser Casters, like Cu, can easily amp their physical stats to compete with martial classes. Artoria was able to outright change her class to Berserker while maintaining all of her casting skills. The class even came with A-Rank Madness Enhancement, and Artoria only suffers mild impulse control issues as the debuff to her sanity.

Even though she became a Berserker, the magecraft she's learned is perfectly fine, her body moves like that of a dancer from time to time, occasionally forces her familiars to charge at the enemy, and sometimes takes the lead of the Summer battles by using magically created items that she seemed to have just remembered were in her possession."
"To resolve the incident occurring in the tropical Singularity, this Mage from a Lostbelt altered her Saint Graph and made her Summer debut.
She says that she has become able to freely utilize spells of similar, nay, of even harder difficulty (according to her) than before by converting the Magecraft she mastered into music and dancing. ────The Guardian of the Holy Sword is here to enjoy the heights of Summer."

Back