• We are currently rolling out incremental alterations to the forum. Don't freak! You aren't going crazy.

Digimon Adventure 01 vs 02: AtlurKabuterimon vs Okuwamon

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Battle of the top tier Perfect Level Insect Digimon.

Mindset: Bloodlusted
Versions: 02 Versions of both.

Will this fight between the original versions end the same way as the 2020 remake? :maybe

Last edited:

Qinglong

Martyrs are the first to Die
V.I.P. Member
Can't believe I had to find the sub just to make sure the dub didn't change the lines... this is the Dark Tower version of Ookuwamon correct? I still feel Megakabuterimon should be able to win, but it would be a hard fight

unfortunately the only frame of reference I can find that's even tangible is he's roughly comparable to a slightly more experienced Paildramon than the fresh one which was knocking around the Dark Tower Ookuwamon

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Can't believe I had to find the sub just to make sure the dub didn't change the lines... this is the Dark Tower version of Ookuwamon correct?
It's the Dark Tower version yes.
unfortunately the only frame of reference I can find that's even tangible is he's roughly comparable to a slightly more experienced Paildramon than the fresh one which was knocking around the Dark Tower Ookuwamon
What's that based on? I have Paildramon in the bottom of Ultimate tier by EoS, he'd straight body either of these guys.

It should still be a good fight anyway given AtlurKabuterimon dealt big damage to Pinocchimon and no-sold Lady Devimon's Darkness Spear, while Okuwamon one-shotted Angemon (something only done previously by Mugendramon) and was at least able to take an Esgrima from Paildramon with only minor damage and drag him under the sand. He was weaker but it still took Paildramon's strongest attack to kill Okuwamon.

They're pretty well matched I'd say.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
I couldn't go through all of 02 (in fact I lost much of morning just looking for angemon/megakabuterimon in the sub...)

Megakabuterimon's best feats seem to all be in Adventure, Paildramon went from getting worked by Mummymon to "competently" fending him off several episodes later, they both seemed about even against high perfect/low ultimate tier

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Megakabuterimon's best feats seem to all be in Adventure,
ALL his feats are in Adventure, he's seen in 02 frequently but Tentomon never really fights at all (unless you count getting blitzed by SkullSatamon but everybody got the same treatment). He doesn't even get an episode where he guest stars like the other 01 kids get, it's weird.
Paildramon went from getting worked by Mummymon to "competently" fending him off several episodes later
"Getting Worked" amounted to Mummymon catching him unaware and knocking him out a window with his attack long enough for him and Archnemon to escape. Mummymon and Archnemon were only ever able to do anything to Paildramon (or Silphymon) when they caught him off guard or when his attention was on something else.
Arukenimon should be at the bottom of ultimates for 02, unless I'm missing something
At the start of her first fight with Paildramon, she does knock him flying with a melee hit and cause him some pain, before ultimately being overwhelmed by a Paildramon who admitted he "wasn't going to kill her" (ie he was holding back).

Archnemon did also beat Angemon soundly and no-sells the attacks of both the Armour's and 02 Adults (though XV-mon did stun her at one point) so those feats alone would keep her and Mummymon as solid high tier Perfects at least.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
I was skimming that episode looking for angemon's fights before giving up after BWG fights because again it was taking hours to go through everything, so fair enough

I forgot the level names were changed based on dub/sub as well, which is why I initially removed that line but of the fights I did see (ookuwamon giga house summary BWG birth and BWG destroying stone vs angemon/holyangemon) neither arukenimon or mummymon ultimately did any real damage to Paildramon or Sylphimon, even though they did keep them occupied, aside from as you say mummymon ambushing him in the giga house which I had skipped over

I think I skipped over the end of Giga house cause I couldn't stand too much of it anymore...

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I was skimming that episode looking for angemon's fights before giving up after BWG fights because again it was taking hours to go through everything, so fair enough
02 Angemon fights (at least the relevant ones):
Okuwamon (episode 26) - Gets one-shotted
BlackWarGreymon (episode 33) - Gets beaten to a pulp by a holding back BWG (bare in mind he AND the kids usually hold back against real Digimon)
Archnemon and Mummymon (episode 36) - Soundly beaten along with the adults (though worth noting they were too hungry to Jogress)
Mamemon Brothers + Giromon (Episode 41) - Heaven's Knuckle sends Mamemon flying while MetalMamemon tanks it. Angemon fends off MetalMamemon 1 v 1 and is only overwhelmed when two of them gang up on him. He still takes several attacks before being forced to evolve.

Overall Angemon ends 02 as a solid mid-Tier Perfect at least, even without the type advantage against dark digimon.
I forgot the level names were changed based on dub/sub as well, which is why I initially removed that line but of the fights I did see (ookuwamon giga house summary BWG birth and BWG destroying stone vs angemon/holyangemon) neither arukenimon or mummymon ultimately did any real damage to Paildramon or Sylphimon, even though they did keep them occupied, aside from as you say mummymon ambushing him in the giga house which I had skipped over
I mean they do cause them to cry out with their attacks so it's not like they do NOTHING. It's just they can only manage that when they catch them off guard and it's obvious the kids could have killed them at any time but don't, on account of refusing to kill real Digimon (which is the reason they hold back most of the time).

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Yeah I didn't get to the Mamemon fight, would have probably changed my opinion with that one

For the second bit, while they do cry out, their attacks don't seem to actually wear on them significantly - they still have plenty of energy to fire specials even after handling them for awhile

Higher perfects/low ultimates for instance either straight knock them down for a 10 count or lay them out from what I remember

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
For the second bit, while they do cry out, their attacks don't seem to actually wear on them significantly - they still have plenty of energy to fire specials even after handling them for awhile
Well yeah, but it's impressive they're even able to hurt them at all, weaker Digimon wouldn't have even managed that much.

I mean even LadyDevimon had to fight for hours, then use a human hostage to get enough attacks on Silphymon to cause visible damage. And she still got fucking one-shotted once Silphymon had a clear shot and reason to say "fuck this bitch". :mjpls
Higher perfects/low ultimates for instance either straight knock them down for a 10 count or lay them out from what I remember
Eh BlackWarGreymon is really the only one who laid them out like that and he's far from a low Ultimate given his performance against HolyAngemon. Even that was only in the first couple fights, later on they were able to take multiple hits.

Qinglong

V.I.P. Member
Okay I rewatched the ladydevimon fight just now and

yeah I think that's enough 02 for now sorry :mjlol

(if it was all of adventure I'd back Atlurkabuterimon easily, 02 makes it abit harder to decide and I don't see him winning without some high difficulty)

Adamant soul

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Okay I rewatched the ladydevimon fight just now and

yeah I think that's enough 02 for now sorry :mjlol
Speaking as someone who just finished re-watching all of 02 (subbed), I can't really blame you.

Especially when a main character damn near cries over killing a FALLEN ANGEL, basically a literal DEMON. :kobeha
(if it was all of adventure I'd back Atlurkabuterimon easily, 02 makes it abit harder and I don't see him winning without some high difficulty)
Yeah obviously I expect Tri would swing this, which is why I stuck to these versions 'cause it's a much more even match.

Back