Electric cars

RavenSupreme

Illustrious
Would you drive one? If no, under what circumstances would you do it?

If yes, are you already doing it or which one you would like to have?

Worst

I have an EV, i really like it mainly because i hate doing maintenance ( and in a regular car it's gonna make a MASSIVE difference if you want to drive that car for 200/300k KMs ) and in an EV it's A LOT less than a regular car u mainly just have to care about the brakes and the usual air / filter changes every tot KMs so it's a lot less time consuming and "" worry free "" on that side...

Ofc i see the " downsides " of it the first one ( and probably the only ? ) is obviouslly the battery lol

- it's a new technology so it's a bit too expensive for what performances it offers rn ( especially the range ) compared to regular cars ofc they try to sell you the pill that " on average you don't really do THAT many KMs a day " but as i said we know it it's a new tech and they just don't wan't to admit it cuz it will hurt the sale xD
- the battery it's about 80/85% ? of the total cost of the car and if that fails well you're done ( especially if u're out of warranty ) but it's also a " good thing " imho it means that once the technology will get a lot better it's just ONE main component that can fail compared to god knows how many tubes, gaskets, oils, fluids that will 100% go bad if you don't do proper maintenance over time

I didn't bought it because i think it's more eco friendly than idk a disel ( it's not lol i don't buy that agenda ) but because as i said i have to take a lot less care of the internal parts ( and i also have mostly free electricity :P ) but ultimatelly it's just a new tech so a bit too expensive and it's probably better wait a couple generations rn it's probably only for enthusiasts ( or crazy enthusiasts )....

What i'm really waiting for it's an ev with reliable bidirectional charging, we're starting to see cars with 150 / 200 kWh batteries...that's A LOT of energy and again it's just a new tech!! If someone plans to go off grid with that ( and a good amount of solar panels ) it would be entirely possible, and it will be a lot cheaper & efficient that current solutions....we'll see how it goes i just wished they invested more in battery resarch than propaganda about how good it is for the environment

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
I have yet to drive one, but I'm planning on renting a Tesla for my childhood friend's wedding next year! I want to experience that 'zoom zoom' feeling, but the only thing that worries me is my height. The last time I got into a Tesla, it felt like I was a giant trying to squeeze into a clown car lol.

I'd love to purchase a Rivian in the future, but the pricing is steep for folks like myself, so I'm currently enjoying my 2023 KIA Sportage. Black isn't the most practical car color choice in the Sunshine State, so I might end up keeping this car and getting a dark red paint job in the future after I buy it out at the end of my lease. I'm also considering going straight for an electric SUV from KIA to save some cash, as I'm hesitant to spend more money on a Tesla. Then again, Tesla's features, especially their infotainment system and that sleek tablet, are pretty tempting.

jane

queen of the losers.
V.I.P. Member
Pronouns
She/Her
don't know shit about cars but i talked to this guy who works at tesla once and he said nobody he works with owns a tesla because they suck

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Tesla is my dream car.
I test-drove a few Tesla's recently at their dealerships and it still felt like I was too tall for it, even with the higher-end models lol.

Then I drove an Ioniq, and now I want one of those instead!

Galan

Preeminent
I test-drove a few Tesla's recently at their dealerships and it still felt like I was too tall for it, even with the higher-end models lol.

Then I drove an Ioniq, and now I want one of those instead!

Looks interesting.

• Agree
Reactions: Ral
Back