Eureka Seven

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Been binge watching this series again, the most complicated yet fulfilling love story right up until the new series which was eh.
The original Psalm of Planets was lightning in a bottle. I'm thinking of rewatching it again myself soon (even though I rewatched it all last year). The sequels and spinoffs are...not good.

Reactions: Ral

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
biKaiXj.jpg

RÆM

Distinguished
Still one of my favorites, love the surfing stuff in the sky with mecha. Interesting mecha designs. Entire thing was interesting on many levels, even the alien coral species. Just uh very refreshing.

Loooove the character designs

Last edited:

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I finally decided to watch Hi-Evolution 3. It's not as bad as Hi-Evolution Anemone (and if you treat it as it's own movie seperate from E7 it's ok), but as a part of E7 it's not good (and I've no idea who's idea it was to decide to do what they did with continuity of previous series regarding it, plus the damage has already been done in that regard and Eureka's character assassination). It lacks not only the sublime energy of Psalm of Planets, but also the charm and humour (the original E7 is also quite funny too).

I wasn't even able to finish Ao.

That being said, I still love the original E7. I started another rewatch last month (even though I rewatched it last year) and it's still one of the best.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
Some interesting notes...
The Limit of Questions is inspired by the book Blood Music by Greg Bear, in which the Earth is flooded with intelligent microscopic lifeforms that can observe individual particles (which leads to quantum physics breaking down and reality being thrown into disheval). The Seven Swell Effect and the Kute-class Coralians ability to warp lasers is due to billions/trillions/quintillions of microscopic scub coral awakening and exceeding the Question Limiation which causes physics to warp (before the Command Cluster puts them back to sleep).

Dr Greg "Bear" Egan gets his name from Greg Bear and Greg Egan (both scifi authors). William B. Baxter gets his name from Stephen Baxter (Another scifi author).

Controrado (where Renton's Uncle Yucaton comes from) is located in the real-life equivalent of Bolivia (Central America), while Renton's hometown is located in the real world equivalent of Scottland (inspired by the movie Trainspotting which is set in Scottland with a protagonist called Renton). This would mean Renton is Central American-Scottish.

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I can think of at least one good thing about Hi-Evolution; this song (and Hi-Evolution 1 being mostly the Ray & Charles story from Psalm of Planets).

Back when this reboot had promise, and there was even the possibility of Charles and Ray surviving this timeline, and the first movie just being a retelling of the Ray & Charles storyline...maybe it will be better than the other E7 spinoffs.
yn2Duo3.png

Stocking Anarchy

Marvelous
V.I.P. Member
I finally finished watching Xam'd recently, which was made by the same team as E7. Though it's not on the same level as E7 in my opinion, it was still pretty good. A better E7 spinoff than all of the actual E7 spinoffs (put together, though that's not much of a high bar). If you have time then check it out!
efmXMO6.jpg

Back