Resolved Increase number of posts per page?

EagleGSU

Illustrious
Not a big deal and nothing to rush over. But it's nice to have the option to be able to change how many posts per page you can view. I think the default right now is 20 posts. On FV and other forums I always set mine to 50 or 60 posts per page and there's an option in preferences.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
On it! Give me some time to reach out to the developer of the add-on I'm looking at and see if he/she can provide a demo before I commit ;) I have no problem dishing out some cash for a useful feature.

Edit: Forgot to mention the add-on; it's this one: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/tl-threads-posts-and-conversations-per-page.6996/
$18???

Didn't realize these things were so expensive...all these add ons must be adding up.

I'm really not that picky haha I can live with 20 posts per page. Didn't realize something like that costs money.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
$18???

Didn't realize these things were so expensive...all these add ons must be adding up.

I'm really not that picky haha I can live with 20 posts per page. Didn't realize something like that costs money.
Yah it's no sweat, some are actually free, but I gotta look deep into the resources section. I'll most likely provide a way for people to donate here if the wanted to contribute in a monetary form to fund useful features. The demo looks promising and I bought add-on's from the dude in the past, so discounts are on the table. There's one add-on that I really want to get for the future from the same dev because it will mainly reward those who have been loyal and staying out of trouble. In the end, all of the add-on's I've purchased so far, especially the pricey ones, fit within the budget I set out initially. I've gotten a refund for a few so far because the developer was either slow to keep up with updates, didn't remove the add-on from the shop, or simply the add-on had broken or lacking features altogether. If the extension I mentioned is shit, I'll just get a refund for it :mhm
big yikes that isnt a built in feature
It's capitalism sitting on top of a near-monopoly; they want devs to buy their forum software so they can develop, sell add-on's, and everyone wins basically.

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
If you invest in your site then you are essentially investing in your guests, potential and existing members, and even a user like myself thinks that scrolling through pages just to read posts is more time consuming than having like 60 in view and I can read it like one continuous book without flipping pages.

EagleGSU

Illustrious
If you invest in your site then you are essentially investing in your guests, potential and existing members, and even a user like myself thinks that scrolling through pages just to read posts is more time consuming than having like 60 in view and I can read it like one continuous book without flipping pages.
Gotta say it is refreshing having an owner/admin who can actually communicate with members. :hestonpls

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Gotta say it is refreshing having an owner/admin who can actually communicate with members. :hestonpls
I've seen many of great Administrators fall due to negligence and assuming that they think they know what their members want when it's the complete opposite. All I ask is that you keep bringing the feedback!
are mods still fags or did that change too
That does not exist around here sadly my robo friend; we can sympathize to full capacity and we are learning as we grow, which is always a plus right? See you in the shadow realm tho for calling me a 🚬 you damn A.I.! Don't make me put you through a loop :catgun

Ral

[SUBTRACTED]
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
You should see this new feature in your preferences now; I set it to increments of 5 all the way up to 50. You'll also see other places you can set the messages per page too such as PM's and whatnot. I also enabled an extra option that allows you to set it on a per section/thread/PM basis so now you have ULTIMATE customization! I'll create a thread tomorrow about how to use this new feature so it can benefit others as well :supercat

Back